Search Unity

Unable to create custom Shader Graph node due to inaccessibility of CustomFunctionNode class

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by mleodev, Nov 22, 2018.

1. mleodev

mleodev

Error: CS0122: 'CodeFunctionNode' is inaccessible due to its protection level

Unable to inherit from the class CodeFunctionNode due to its protection level, I was trying to create a custom shader graph node,
    I'm using:
    • Unity 2019.1.0a9
    • Core RP Library 5.1.0
    • Lightweight RP 5.1.0
    • Shader Graph 5.1.0

2. izym

izym

Unity Technologies

Hi there,

We're working on a new API for making custom nodes that will address some of the issues people had with the current API, as well as distance the public API more from the internals of Shader Graph such that we don't back ourselves into a corner. Unfortunately we've had to make the current API internal before the new API is ready. We know that this sucks right now, but something better is coming :) Everything you've created with CodeFunctionNode will be convertable (manually though) to the new API, and graphs made using custom CodeFunctionNodes will continue to work if you follow some simple guidelines when converting to the new API. Currently we're aiming to have it ready for 2019.1.

3. mleodev

mleodev

Good to know, thanks for the proper and clear response! Waiting for the new API to come!

izym likes this.
  4. deus0

deus0

I wish there was a way to get pinged when it's available, is there a mailing list? haha. Thanks for the great work, loving the beta and alpha updates.

5. sewy

sewy

Any ETA about this? After update to 2019.1.0a10 got this error and most of my shaders cannot compile. Making the current API internal before the new API is ready with no temporary hack, to be able to continue was not a good decision at all.

Shader Graph + HDRP 5.2.3.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  6. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Unity 2019.1.0a13, still same problem. :(

7. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

The goal is still to have the new API ready for 2019.1, which is targeted to be released in April. It will likely become available before then on GitHub but not in the next couple of weeks.

LennartJohansen likes this.
  8. asdzxcv777

asdzxcv777

any updates on this ??

9. TimNedvyga

TimNedvyga

+++ any news would be great!

We still not able to make custom nodes with 2019.1b5 and ShaderGraph 5.6.1 :(

10. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

I was told it's being worked on, and will probably (cant predict exactly as it has to be code reviewed and merged etc). I verified this with a visit to github and it's being worked on without a specific date other than to land within 2019.1.

It's intended to land in 2019.1 for sure through. You will just have to be patient since it's at most within 4 weeks.

11. jay3sh

jay3sh

I'm still seeing this problem in 2019.2.0a9. Does it have the new API?