Search Unity

Bug Unable to create a new body pose nor modify created body poses

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by Panda29, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Panda29

Panda29

I am using Unity 2021.3.7f1 and having this issue with body tracking. When I want to create a new body pose for body tracking, it generate continuously NullRefernceException, which prevent me changing any value of the body pose
    Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. Unity.MARS.Data.BodyTrackingModule.OpenAvatarEditorWhenReady () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.mars@1.4.1/Editor/Scripts/Data/BodyPose/BodyTrackingModule.cs:172)
    3. UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at <33518779906b403ba9f96eccba6a861b>:0)
    And a log message
    If anyone found a solution for this issue, please share with me. Thanks!!

2. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

hey there,

Could you check if it happens with previous editor versions?, also; could you please let us know what OS are you using and what build target are you compiling for

3. Panda29

Panda29

Hey there,

Thanks for your quick response, I will try to replicate in previous editor versions.

Here is the current info:
    • Windows 11, build target iOS and Android
    • macOS, Silicon edition, build target iOS

4. altheavail

altheavail

Hello I am having this problem! I am running on MacOS Monterey build target is iOS. Did you find any solutions? I was working in 2021.3.13f1 but I have also tried the latest Unity editor version 2022.1.23f1

5. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

hello @altheavail,

I have been trying to reproduce the error but without success, could you please file a bug and explain step by step how can you trigger this error?. Also, could you check if this happens to you on versions of unity 2020?

Hopefully you can see what I am doing in the gif, unfortunately the framerate is quite bad since the video is long but hopefully you can see that I can successfully create the body pose data and load it ezgif-5-5c6fef7bc2.gif

6. tuongcse

tuongcse

I face this issue too. Unity 2021.3.18f1, Mars 1.5.0. Please help! Window 11, Mac M1 Sonoma.

7. tuongcse

tuongcse

8. tuongcse

tuongcse

i tried newer editor version, but same result. i really need a help

Attached Files:

9. CiaranWills

CiaranWills

Unity Technologies

Hi @tuongcse - we had not been able to reproduce this issue in the past. If you able to file a bug report that would help us identify this issue.