Search Unity

Feedback Unable to cancel MARS subscription. Buyer beware.

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by little_fat, Dec 7, 2020.

1. little_fat

little_fat

We purchased a MARS subscription to evaluate it last summer. It lacked the features we had purchased it for. Namely, we were interested in video simulation features and the companion app which were still unavailable. So, I cancelled the subscription. Or so I thought.

I just noticed that three months later we are still being billed. Upon contacting support to rectify this error, I am told that we are locked into a 12 month subscription and that I should read the license agreement. For software we can't use because it doesn't yet have the features it promised!

This is a total garbage policy. MARS is still a work in progress. And I would have never signed us up for a subscription if I thought we couldn't cancel it. $600 is a big deal to our small studio.

2. shrey-malhotra

shrey-malhotra

I agree, this is the worse way to lock someone in and force them to pay. The user should have the ability to cancel it whenever they want.

`As with all Unity subscriptions, Unity Mars has a minimum contract period of 12 months. Turning off automatic renewal will not affect your subscription until the commitment period is over. `

3. macgregger

macgregger

Well to be fair it said "annual subscription, payed monthly". But I am nevertheless grateful for your post and have just cancelled my MARS subscription. 600 Euros is ok for me IF the product would deliver what it promises. I have struggled with Body Tracking for a year now and I am done. The differences between the MARS Simulation (where all works fine) and the actual build on my Iphone are too big. And I can't seem to fix them, nor does anybody from the dev team reply to my questions.