Search Unity

  1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

    Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

    It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

    On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.


    Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Bug Unable to build using Mobile Notifications 2.1.1 with certain filenames

Discussion in 'Player Engagement' started by KaiMiraGames, Mar 16, 2023.

  1. KaiMiraGames

    KaiMiraGames

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2020
    Posts:
    17
    Hi - Recently added Mobile Notifications 2.1.1 to my project running 2021.3 LTS (I think we're on .18 or .19).

    I added a large icons in the mobile notifications configuration dialog (under project settings) with the filename "Chest01Basic.png". I named the id "Chest01Basic". Went to build, failed because it had capital letters.

    I removed the asset from the project (entirely, deleting the .meta file), renamed it, reimported it into unity, and created it again (filename of chest01.png and icon Id of "chest01basic"). No dice. The builder had imported all the pngs into the various
    \Library\Bee\Android\Prj\IL2CPP\Gradle\unityLibrary\src\main\res\
    folders and decided that it would never clean them out.

    I am unable to build the project.

    I'm currently rebuilding the asset library to see if that'll clean it out, and if not, I'll delete these PNGs by hand, but this bug should be fixed.
     
  2. Aurimas-Cernius

    Aurimas-Cernius

    Unity Technologies

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2013
    Posts:
    3,783
    Please, submit a bug report via Unity Editor with a sample project where we could reproduce the issue.