Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Unable to build TinyRacing for .NET

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by TC23, Mar 15, 2020.

1. TC23

TC23

Hi, I'm getting the error "unable to map Windows-DotNet to any named node or input/output file" when I try to build the TinyRacing sample.

I've got a completely fresh installation of 2019.3.5f1 on Windows 10, with Project Tiny 0.22.0-preview.3 and the latest ProjectTinySamples; plus VS2019 (installed by the Unity installer) with the workloads ".NET desktop development", "Desktop development with C++" and "Game development with Unity".

When I open Windows-DotNet.buildsettings and hit Build in the inspector, I get the following error:

Build Windows-DotNet failed in BuildStepRunBee after 1.63s.
    tundra: error: unable to map Windows-DotNet to any named node or input/output file

UnityEngine.Debug:LogFormat(LogType, LogOption, Object, String, Object[])
    Unity.Build.BuildPipelineResult:LogResult() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.build@0.1.0-preview.1/Editor/Unity.Build/BuildPipelineResult.cs:126)
    Unity.Build.<>c:<.cctor>b__43_0(BuildSettings) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.build@0.1.0-preview.1/Editor/Unity.Build/BuildSettingsScriptedImporterEditor.cs:41)
    Unity.Build.<>c__DisplayClass34_0:<RefreshHeader>b__1() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.build@0.1.0-preview.1/Editor/Unity.Build/BuildSettingsScriptedImporterEditor.cs:229)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

I don't think I've made any changes to the project at all; Asmjs and Wasm build fine.

2. Ted_Wikman

Ted_Wikman

Unity Technologies

So the steps you took were the following:
    - Installed VS2019, with .NET desktop development, Desktop development with C++ and Game development with Unity
    - Downloaded ProjectTinySamples from https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ProjectTinySamples
    - Opened TinyRacing
    - Located Windows-DotNet build settings and pressed Build
    - Error appeared

Is this correct?

That error tends to show up when the root asmdef does not have the same filename as the name field.

Could you have a look to see if they both match?

3. TC23

TC23

That's all correct, yes.

The root assembly file looks okay:

upload_2020-3-18_23-10-17.png

upload_2020-3-18_23-9-42.png

For what it's worth, Windows-IL2cpp.buildsettings fails with the same error. Same with TinySpaceship and TinyFactory.

All I'm doing is opening each project, letting it convert from 3.2f1 to 3.5f1, and hitting Build.

4. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

Try to reimport all
    That's from Assets > Reimport All
    it could be that you have corrupted files in the library folder

5. TC23

TC23

No difference I'm afraid.

6. Ted_Wikman

Ted_Wikman

Unity Technologies

@TC23 we just had a report of a similar case on Windows 10. Could you try to install Windows SDK 10. It solved the issue for that person.

7. kevinmv

kevinmv

Unity Technologies

Before installing Windows SDK 10, can you try deleting the "<ProjectRoot>\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\settings" directory and re-try building. These files govern the settings defined in your .buildconfiguration asset and how they map into the build system.

8. TC23

TC23

No difference after deleting Library/DotsRuntimeBuild/settings.

After installing the Windows 10 SDK: success! I installed SDK 10.0.18362.0, via Visual Studio, and now both Windows targets are building and running perfectly. Thanks for your help!

Ted_Wikman likes this.
  9. NovaEiz

NovaEiz

Hi!
    I have the same problem.

On Mac and Windows. The situation is the same, only "WASM" is compiled. Other configurations give the error "tundra: error: unable to map * to any named node or input/output file".

I updated the OS on Mac and Windows.
    On Windows installed the "Windows SDK 10".

Please tell me what else to do to compile on a PC?

10. NovaEiz

NovaEiz

Installing VS 2019 helped on Windows.

It didn't help on Mac.
    What about the Mac?

11. v_vuk

v_vuk

Unity Technologies

12. NovaEiz

NovaEiz

[QUOTE = "v_vuk, post: 5653270, member: 1444839"] У вас установлен Xcode и правильный путь для выбора xcode, как описано в https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A8hen2hLFY5FLkC5gd3JP2Z-IpHfnAX-CpYwO3 /edit#heading=h.ql9t2ek48fnx ? [/ QUOTE]
    Сейчас компилируется.
    Спасибо!

Но есть еще 1 НО!

Почему, если я скомпилирую под Mac, то на выходе получится сборка для Windows, почти как сборка Windows, сделанная на Windows, есть даже файл 2 * .exe.
    Как мне запустить это на Mac OS? Он даже не работает на Windows, несмотря на то, что есть exe.

И более,
    Почему сборка для Windows с пустой сценой весит 70 МБ, а сборка для Mac - 6 МБ? И что удивительно, сборка Windows использует 37 МБ ОЗУ, а MAC использует 77 МБ ОЗУ?