Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Unable to build project Tiny

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by hehehe520, Sep 25, 2020.

1. hehehe520

hehehe520

I created a new project based on the documentation and was unable to build successfully. But the imported official demo TinyRacing will run successfully. So I don't feel like it's a programming environment.Below is the error shown by the console.

Build DotsRuntimeBuildConfiguration failed after 10.10s.
    stevedore: 7za failed to unpack artifact 'roslyn-csc-win64' (exit status 2):
    "C:\Users\GL\Documents\UnityProject\NewTiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\buildprogrambuildprogram\Stevedore\7za-win-x64\7za.exe" "x" "C:\Users\GL\AppData\Local\Stevedore\artifacts\roslyn-csc-win64\6c0e221e95df_ae56073e3848e11859fa7ba9219c356153b8c416f44f335d2a8972fef099e0f1.7z" "-oC:\Users\GL\Documents\UnityProject\NewTiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\buildprogrambuildprogram\Stevedore\roslyn-csc-win64"
    ERROR: Can not open output file : ???????? : C:\Users\GL\Documents\UnityProject\NewTiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\buildprogrambuildprogram\Stevedore\roslyn-csc-win64\ucrtbase.dll
    (File integrity was verified; the artifact was not corrupted during download or on disk.)
    (Telemetry reference: JZw_L023gIXvjxYW/A)
    *** Tundra build failed to setup error (7.09 seconds), 0 items updated
    [E] DAG generator driver failed: "C:\Users\GL\Documents\UnityProject\NewTiny\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.dots.runtime@0.29.0-preview.22\bee~\bee.exe" build --beemode=ToCreateBuildProgramGraph --root-artifacts-path=artifacts
    *** Tundra build failed to setup error (7.84 seconds), 0 items updated
    [E] DAG generator driver failed: "C:\Users\GL\Documents\UnityProject\NewTiny\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.dots.runtime@0.29.0-preview.22\bee~\bee.exe" build --beemode=ToCreateBuildGraph --commandlinerequest=gamesystems-dotsruntimebuildconfiguration --root-artifacts-path=artifacts --bee-driver-buildprogramroot=.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object, Object)
    Unity.Build.ResultBase:LogResult() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.7.0-preview.10/Editor/Unity.Build/ResultBase.cs:60)
    Unity.Build.Editor.<>c:<.cctor>b__41_1(BuildConfiguration) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.7.0-preview.10/Editor/Unity.Build.Editor/BuildConfigurationScriptedImporterEditor.cs:68)
    Unity.Build.Editor.BuildConfigurationScriptedImporterEditor:ExecuteCurrentBuildAction() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.7.0-preview.10/Editor/Unity.Build.Editor/BuildConfigurationScriptedImporterEditor.cs:127)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

2. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

Seems you have an issue while unpacking some of the artifacts used by our build system
    I wonder do you have enough storage? and maybe try to remove C:\Users\GL\Documents\UnityProject\NewTiny\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts and try to build again

3. hehehe520

hehehe520

First of all, thanks for your reply. I'm pretty sure I have enough storage, and secondly I've tried to remove the files you mentioned. But it still doesn't work. I'm really into it.
    Build Wasm failed after 9.89s.
    stevedore: 7za failed to unpack artifact 'roslyn-csc-win64' (exit status 2):
    "C:\Users\GL\Documents\UnityProject\ProjectTinySamples\TinyRacing\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\buildprogrambuildprogram\Stevedore\7za-win-x64\7za.exe" "x" "C:\Users\GL\AppData\Local\Stevedore\artifacts\roslyn-csc-win64\6c0e221e95df_ae56073e3848e11859fa7ba9219c356153b8c416f44f335d2a8972fef099e0f1.7z" "-oC:\Users\GL\Documents\UnityProject\ProjectTinySamples\TinyRacing\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\buildprogrambuildprogram\Stevedore\roslyn-csc-win64"
    ERROR: Can not open output file : ???????? : C:\Users\GL\Documents\UnityProject\ProjectTinySamples\TinyRacing\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\buildprogrambuildprogram\Stevedore\roslyn-csc-win64\ucrtbase.dll
    (File integrity was verified; the artifact was not corrupted during download or on disk.)
    (Telemetry reference: 2pE6Y3qYxiIrE7Qc/A)
    *** Tundra build failed to setup error (4.34 seconds), 0 items updated
    [E] DAG generator driver failed: "C:\Users\GL\Documents\UnityProject\ProjectTinySamples\TinyRacing\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.dots.runtime@0.29.0-preview.22\bee~\bee.exe" build --beemode=ToCreateBuildProgramGraph --root-artifacts-path=artifacts
    *** Tundra build failed to setup error (4.89 seconds), 0 items updated
    [E] DAG generator driver failed: "C:\Users\GL\Documents\UnityProject\ProjectTinySamples\TinyRacing\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.dots.runtime@0.29.0-preview.22\bee~\bee.exe" build --beemode=ToCreateBuildGraph --commandlinerequest=tinyracing-wasm --root-artifacts-path=artifacts --bee-driver-buildprogramroot=.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object, Object)
    Unity.Build.ResultBase:LogResult() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.7.0-preview.10/Editor/Unity.Build/ResultBase.cs:60)
    Unity.Build.Editor.<>c:<.cctor>b__41_1(BuildConfiguration) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.7.0-preview.10/Editor/Unity.Build.Editor/BuildConfigurationScriptedImporterEditor.cs:68)
    Unity.Build.Editor.BuildConfigurationScriptedImporterEditor:ExecuteCurrentBuildAction() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.7.0-preview.10/Editor/Unity.Build.Editor/BuildConfigurationScriptedImporterEditor.cs:127)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)
    upload_2020-9-26_9-5-56.png

4. elliotc-unity

elliotc-unity

Unity Technologies

[edit: I initially missed that you checked the space on the disk.]

If there are really no issues with said disk and it has lots of space left, my second guess is that something is messed up about that particular directory, like that Windows Defender or other antivirus is being overactive. You can test by disabling Defender and/or excluding the C:\Users\GL\AppData and C:\Users\GL\Documents\UnityProject\ProjectTinySamples\TinyRacing\ directories.

If neither of those do the trick, there's an outside chance that project path is too long; let us know if moving to a shorter path (e.g. C:\Users\GL\TinyRacing), and then deleting Library/DotsRuntimeBuild fixes it.

5. hehehe520

hehehe520

Yes, you are so smart. I solved it yesterday and haven't had time to reply. Because my antivirus software has deleted the ucrtbase.dll file. I set the default to handle suspected files, so there is no pop-up box to show, just turn off the antivirus software. Thank you for your kind reply.

elliotc-unity likes this.