Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

unable to build on MacBook Pro 2017!

Discussion in '2018.1 Beta' started by tufeixp, Jan 11, 2018.

1. tufeixp

tufeixp

open any project would pop a lot of assertion failure as:
    Assertion failed: Failed to change file flags for '/Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Resources/PackageManager/Editor/com.unity.modules.accessibility/package.json.meta'. errno: 13

scene can play normally, however not able to build!
    And the download assistant always failed to fetch the installer in the middle! Very frustrated experience on unity for MAC!!

2. tufeixp

tufeixp

Well, Problem solved after I manually deleted the Vuforia folder inside unity program!

3. charlesb_rm

charlesb_rm

Hi tufeixp, the packman team is aware of the issue and it should be fixed in 2018.1.0b3.

4. pesahov

pesahov

I have the same problem for many packages in beta 4

Assertion failed: Failed to change file flags for '/Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Resources/PackageManager/Editor/com.unity.modules.accessibility/package.json.meta'. errno: 13
    ... for all other packages...
    Assertion failed: Failed to change file flags for '/Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Resources/PackageManager/Editor/com.unity.modules.xr/package.json.meta'. errno: 13

5. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

same problem. macbook air latest version

6. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

The implementation of this fix took a little longer. It is going to be in b5.

7. dumbledad

dumbledad

I have had this problem. For me one solution was to run Unity first as super-user:

sudo /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/MacOS/Unity

After that it works fine in normal mode.

marcusfehse likes this.
  8. alex_bussman

alex_bussman

Another workaround is to change the owner of the files in /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Resources/PackageManager/Editor/ to your current user. But this is hopefully fixed with b5 as mentioned earlier.

9. CarlosRincon

CarlosRincon

Unity Technologies

The fix for this is in b5 (just released) as Leonhard mentioned. However it seems to have been omitted from the release notes - looking to get that addressed.