Search Unity

Unable to bake navigation mesh on upside down plane

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by nikita-v-fedorov, Sep 4, 2022.

1. nikita-v-fedorov

nikita-v-fedorov

Hi,
    I'm trying to achieve my nav agent walking upside down on ceiling. But for some reason Nav Mesh is not getting baked upside down. How can I achieve this?

Attached Files:

2. warthos3399

warthos3399

You might want to search this through Google, as ive seen it done before, but not sure HOW it was implimented. Someone can correct me if im wrong, but NavMesh doesnt bake 2 sided, meaning it only bakes to the surface that faces up (1 side). There are controllers available that can do this if i remember right, but remember you are basicly ignoring gravity in that senario.

All my years in Unity ive never had to impliment this, so good luck, even i would like to know that answer, i just dont have the time to work it out myself, lol.

3. superdupergc

superdupergc

Normal built-in navmesh can't handle navmesh that's not cast downwards. You need the extra navmesh plugin (instructions here: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/NavMesh-BuildingComponents.html) - and I think you have to do it using the runtime API, but I think you can call that from an editor script instead of actually at runtime.

Good luck! And remember if you have a separate navmesh for the ceiling vs the walls, you'll need a navmesh link in order to connect the wall mesh to the ceiling mesh, so they can walk from one to the other.

nikita-v-fedorov likes this.