Search Unity

Unable to animate properly with 'Has Exit Time' unchecked

Discussion in 'Animation' started by kscho, May 9, 2015.

1. kscho

kscho

I set up a simple 2D animation system as below. Basically I want to switch the character animations instantly when I make it walk Up, Down, Left or Right.

(2) shows an example of how I configure the transition. I disable exit time and set all the animation related params to zero.

(3) shows what happens when I run the game and transition to that state: the animation is stuck at the start.

There is nothing wrong with the animation clip itself. The same 'stuck' behavior is observed at all other states. All transitions use the same transition configuration (Has Exit Time unchecked).

Does anyone know what did I do wrong? Thank you.

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

I've not been in mecanim in a couple months, but instead of zero, try param set to 0.1 or 0.01.

3. Mecanim-Dev

Mecanim-Dev

Which version of Unity are you using?

4. kscho

kscho

hi mecanim. dev, I'm using the latest 5.0.1

5. Mecanim-Dev

Mecanim-Dev

I can't see anymore you attached picture. What are the other condition to trigger your transition?

6. kscho

kscho

hi Mecanim, I solved the issue by unchecking 'can transition to self' in all transitions. I don't know why it's necessary. all the transitions are just triggered by one 'movement' parameter, which is decided by keystrokes.

Rest assured, that I've made 5 unity games so it's not some silly coding issue.

Mecanim-Dev and theANMATOR2b like this.