Search Unity

Bug Unable to Add New Actions

Discussion in 'Input System' started by Mashimaro7, May 21, 2023.

1. Mashimaro7

Mashimaro7

I'm not sure why, but the new input system suddenly decided to prevent me from adding any new actions.
    upload_2023-5-21_14-59-44.png
    upload_2023-5-21_14-59-52.png
    It let's me reference any other action in the Player action map, but if i add any new ones it never detects the change.

I tried reimporting the action asset, reinstalling the action package manager, unchecking and checking generate C# class, I even tried updating Unity to the latest 2021 version(this screenshot is after i downgraded again) and nothing seems to work.

Looking through the input actions generated class the "CenterCamera" action seems to be adding, but i'm not sure why I can't reference it. I tried adding new actions to the UI class as well and had the same issue. Again, i've added plenty of actions, every action above "CenterCamera" works just fine. I just can't add any new ones.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Edit: Okay, guess no one knew how to solve this considering i got 200+ views and no response lol, i finally figured it out. Turns out, if you change the name of the input actions asset, you need to change the name in script as well, because for some reason it seems to reference the old one even after you change the name.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2023