Search Unity

Bug Unable to Add Meta XR SDK Core Package(Version 59.0.0) in Unity - Error Message [InvalidParameter]

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by AIStudio, Nov 23, 2023.

1. AIStudio

AIStudio

Hello Unity Forum Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently facing an issue in Unity while trying to add the Meta XR SDK Core package. I am receiving the following error:

"[Package Manager Window] Cannot perform upm operation: Unable to add package [https://download.packages.unity.com/com.meta.xr.sdk.core/-/com.meta.xr.sdk.core-59.0.0.tgz]: Package name 'https://download.packages.unity.com/com.meta.xr.sdk.core/-/com.meta.xr.sdk.core-59.0.0.tgz' is invalid. [InvalidParameter]. UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions ()"

I have attempted to resolve this on my own, but without success. Has anyone else encountered a similar issue or can provide guidance on how to resolve this error? Your insights and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Best regards,
    Kuldip Kabariya

Screenshot 2023-11-23 145743.png

2. pax_unity3d

pax_unity3d

Unity Technologies

Hello AIStudio,

What Unity version are you on? It seems to be an authentication issue. Could you make sure you are signed-in in the Unity editor and the credentials are the same with the one used on the Asset Store to acquire the package.

Regards,

Last edited: Nov 23, 2023
  3. wade_tsao

wade_tsao

I‘ve got the trouble of this package too. more people in Meta dev forum, and they have not a clear way to solve it.

4. JeroZeng

JeroZeng

naonaotem likes this.
  5. PlankonSu

PlankonSu

2022.3.14 same error cant reslove

6. unisip

unisip

About this SDK update, I can't find the CloudStorage API anymore (I haven't checked in recent version, I used to use that API back in the day on a Rift game, but I can't find any mention of Meta not providing such service anymore). Does anyone have the same problem ?

7. Superhxm

Superhxm

Same Error!

8. almudenapalaciosibanez

almudenapalaciosibanez

I am experiencing the same issue. My Unity version is 2022.1.23f1, and yes, I signed in the same account where I purchased the SDK. I am getting to errors:

(1) [Package Manager Window] Cannot perform upm operation: Unable to add package [com.meta.xr.sdk.all@59.0.0]:
    Request [GET https://download.packages.unity.com/com.meta.xr.sdk.all/-/com.meta.xr.sdk.all-59.0.0.tgz] failed because it lacks valid authentication credentials [Unknown]. UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions ()

(2) [Package Manager Window] Error adding package: com.meta.xr.sdk.all@59.0.0. UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions ()

samisuleman10 and TeamSoftware like this.
  9. Laym_

Laym_

10. Laym_

Laym_

11. TriplePete

TriplePete

12. GiulianoDecesares

GiulianoDecesares

Same error here, anyone found any solution?

13. zenasprime

zenasprime

I'm having the same issue too. Doesn't matter what Meta XR package I try to install from the Package Manager.

[Package Manager Window] Error adding package: com.meta.xr.sdk.all@64.0.0.
    Unable to add package [com.meta.xr.sdk.all@64.0.0]:
    Request [GET https://download.packages.unity.com/com.meta.xr.sdk.all/-/com.meta.xr.sdk.all-64.0.0.tgz] failed because it lacks valid authentication credentials
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions ()