Search Unity

Unable to activate license

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Laumania, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Laumania

Laumania

Hi

I have got the Unity Hub for some time, since in beta. It worked fine, until some days/weeks ago, where it asked me to activate my license again.

So, I found my license key, pasted it in and got an:
    upload_2018-9-20_8-42-47.png

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the v1.0 as you can see in the top - same error.

I opened FIddler to see what was going on, and it seems like the end point doesn't exists - I guess all have this issue, as I dont' see how anything I do by pasting in my license key change the API end point?
    upload_2018-9-20_8-46-6.png

What to do? I have contacted support, but they couldn't help as it was in beta - but this morning I saw that it's out in v1.0 now - so not beta.

Thanks in advance.

2. Laumania

Laumania

Ok that's wierd I'm the only one having an issue activating in Unity Hub :(

3. Laumania

Laumania

*All....bbyyy....myyysseeelllfff!*

4. joeksy

joeksy

Unity Technologies

Hi @Laumania,
    I would like to ask if opening directly with Unity works fine. If you observe different behavior from the Hub to Unity Editor, then it's definitively a bug.
    If opening Unity directly works, I would like to ask you reporting a bug using the Hub's bug reporter in the tray, that way it would provide us the information to help you.
    And if opening Unity directly works fine, as an alternative workaround, you may use the Return License from Manage License in Editor, and reactivate it using the Hub.
    Hope the information helps,
    Joe

5. Laumania

Laumania

Just downloaded latest Unity3d Editor and activation works fine there, so it's a Unity Hub issue...as I was expecting.

I'll report it as a bug in the build ind bug reporter.

I'm just really puzzled by why nobody else seem to have this issue...