Search Unity

Bug Unable to access Unity services. Please log in, or request membership to this project to use these s

Discussion in 'Unity Gaming Services General Discussion' started by petey, Apr 29, 2022.

1. petey

petey

Hi all,
    I get this message all the time as I'm about to build.

Unable to access Unity services. Please log in, or request membership to this project to use these services.

I am logged in though :(
    Signing out and back in again doesn't work. Just seems that I have to close and open Unity and that's getting a bit tedious. Any other solutions.

THanks,
    Pete

dlsxcelgo, phinex and vrmedia17 like this.
  2. Laurie-Unity

Laurie-Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Pete,

Thanks for reaching out and bringing this to our attention, can you send me a few more details so we can investigate?

Can you send details on:
    • The version of Unity Editor you are using
    • Which platform you are targeting with your build
    • The Operating system you are running on
    • I may also need your email address and the organisation + project ID, to check if there is anything unusual in your user permissions. (feel free to DM me this or send in a support ticket)
    Thanks
    Laurie

SebT_Unity likes this.
  3. erika_d

erika_d

Hi @petey,

I'll add to @Laurie-Unity's message above, in the off chance that you (or anyone who finds this thread in the future) are using the Unity Gaming Services Use Cases project. If that's the case, that message is expected because we provide the project tied to our Unity services project id so that developers can immediately see the use cases in action without having to do any initial dashboard setup.

If you're experiencing this issue in your own project then you can disregard my note and I'll let Laurie continue on with his excellent help! And if you are ever looking for additional code samples for working with Unity Gaming Services, feel free to check out the Use Cases project ;)

SebT_Unity likes this.
  4. hernanisidroortiz

hernanisidroortiz

Im experincing the same issue i have use the ctrl + 0, to acess the services but still i can't build in the scene, i'm working on Android plataform and in the project settings i'm the owner so it doesnt make sense, please help. upload_2022-6-16_9-46-11.png

Attached Files:

5. SebT_Unity

SebT_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi there,
    Could you provide the Unity version you are currently on?
    I am testing in version 2019.4.28f and can link/unlink the services
    upload_2022-6-16_11-1-5.png

Look forward to your response.
    Best,
    Seb

6. hernanisidroortiz

hernanisidroortiz

I'm using unity 2019.4.21f1

7. SebT_Unity

SebT_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi again, Are you able to access the Settings in the service TAB? Try undocking your services window and see if you can access those settings. Unlink then relink the account should solve the problem. Please let me know if you have success.

Best,
    Seb

webreality and hernanisidroortiz like this.
  8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

The Collab icon at the top of the window also implies that you are not logged in. Can you confirm that you are logged in?

9. hernanisidroortiz

hernanisidroortiz

Yes, under Services settings my Project Name and my Project ID are correct, also if i click the link: go to Dash board, in the dashboard, everything seems fine.

10. hernanisidroortiz

hernanisidroortiz

I unlinked and then linked again, the message is there still :(

11. hernanisidroortiz

hernanisidroortiz

it says im logged in erro unity.jpg

12. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Got it, thanks for checking. As a test, can you try with a recent version of Unity with a new/empty project?

13. hernanisidroortiz

hernanisidroortiz

Im gonna try testing it

14. MathewHI

MathewHI

What happened? I'm having the same problem. I can't add new scenes to the build or change the order.

15. Pixel8GameStudio

Pixel8GameStudio

Hi, everything was working pretty well with Plastic after I did the migration Collab => Plastic, a few months ago. But this morning I had this bug where the Editor loaded Collaborate again and was showing the message "[Collab] Collab service is deprecated and has been replaced with PlasticSCM"

My solution was to :
    - Make sure I was logged in with my Unity account in the Editor.
    - Then go to Edit > Project Settings > Services > Collaborate and disable it.

Hope this will help

pepepeleduin, hid_, Durium and 2 others like this.
  16. virtualjay

virtualjay

Old post, but this is one of the top google hits for this error. I want to share the only thing that worked for me in Unity 2020.3.40. I had to edit the ProjectSettings.asset file. I deleted the line that started with cloudProjectId, restarted Unity and that fixed it. I probably could have created a project with Unity and linked it to that, but I didn't really want to because we're not using any Unity services.

There's another thread where another user found this solution independently. But google doesn't bring that thread up unless you already know the keywords in the solution to search for!

JackyOHare, HunterFLCC and SebT_Unity like this.
  17. qenious

qenious

This is worked for me. Thank you!

alfred_ec_23 and SebT_Unity like this.
  18. Benjamin_Lehmann

Benjamin_Lehmann

Hi there. I had a similar problem. A possible lead for bug fixing could be the following:

- user is signed in to hub and to unity
    - user creates a new project in the hub
    - there is no project ID created yet - there is no project ID in the developer dashboard
    - user is using plastic (for me, the window is open by default when I use unity). Plastic requests two steps to use the service: a) log in to unity b) create a repository. For me, when I do this, the first of these is checked/confirmed to be accurate - ie I'm logged in and the screen agrees with this. I then create the repository. This is confirmed to have happend and works, but there is not yet a project ID in the dev. dashboard.

Reason people are reporting it as a bug could be that they feel it must already have an ID for the project as the repository is working for them - they incorrectly believe that 'creating a new project ID' will remove access to the repository. In addition, they may feel this because they already have been using the project with cloud services as services are accessible when the project is first created without them having to create a project ID.

Either
    - the Project ID should be created automatically along with the new project and successfully registered on the user developer dashboard (it currently is not being registered when new projects are created on the hub and the user is signed in),
    Or
    - the services in unity should be disabled (including plastic) until the user is forced to create a Project ID

odaimoko likes this.
  19. unity_CF783C2E5AA02D9F1CA6

unity_CF783C2E5AA02D9F1CA6

If anyone runs into this for 2021.3.16f1 deploying to ios and running on a mac the following worked for me:

1. Hit
    command
    +
    2. Click
    General Settings
    3. A new window opens up and briefly gives an error. It quickly resets itself and you can see the project is linked.

This is by no means a bug fix, but hope it helps someone.

SebT_Unity likes this.
  20. Nitram047

Nitram047

i have the problem with the services, for relay

Attached Files:

21. OUTERDARKNESS

OUTERDARKNESS

I had this issue and the above fix didn't work for me. In my case, the ID in ProjectSettings.asset file was correct and was replaced with the same ID after being removed from the file (without fixing the issue).
    I looked at editor logs and saw the message "Cannot fetch authorization code. User access token is expired or invalid. You may need to sign out and sign in again." I logged out and back in to my Unity account and the error was resolved.

22. titch_stewart

titch_stewart

This worked for me. Thank you!

23. corpana

corpana

This worked for me too, thank you!

24. hellothxsorrinio

hellothxsorrinio

Confirming, the last solution above helped. Thank you!