Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We've updated our Terms of Service. Please read our blog post from Unity CTO and Co-Founder Joachim Ante here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Unable run the Editor without a desktop environment in batchmode with nographics

Discussion in 'Linux Editor' started by pegedi1525, Jan 7, 2019.

1. pegedi1525

pegedi1525

Hi All!

I'm trying to set up an automatic test and build system listening to repository changes similar to Unity cloud or Jenkins. I have managed to "install" the editor and figured out the dependencies I needed but when I try to run the project the lecense activation fails on me with the following message:

Initiating legacy licensing moduleDisplayProgressbar: Unity license
    Cancelling DisplayDialog: Failed to activate/update license. Timeout occured while trying to update license. Please try again later or contact support@unity3d.com
    This should not be called in batch mode.
    (Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Platform/Linux/EditorUtility.cpp Line: 257)

as a result of:

./Unity -batchmode -nographics -logFile /tmp/unity.log -serial xxxx -username xxxx -password xxxx

I tried with the last version 2018.3 and both with CentOS 7 and Ubuntu 18.04 Minimal with the same result. I also tried with personal activation, tried moving the CACerts.pem file with no luck as well.

If I run the same command in my dev maching wich has ubuntu 18.04 with Gnome it works just fine, so maybe the fact that I dont have a desktop environment is making unity fail for some reason.

Have anyone made it work?

Thanks!!