Search Unity

UMotion - Animation Editor

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by SoxwareInteractive, Aug 26, 2017.

1. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

juanantoniorosado23 likes this.
  2. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

UMotion V1.12 was just released on the Asset Store

Update now:
    UMotion Pro V1.12 | UMotion Community V1.12

Performance Improvements
    Parts of the core architecture have been re-written over the past couple of weeks resulting in massive performance improvement when dealing with large animations. Importing big motion captured (or any other existing) animations (of 1 minute duration or more) is really fast now. Also all the editing functions and the rendering in the Clip Editor was greatly improved.

Support for Unity 5.4 is deprecated
    UMotion V1.12 no longer supports Unity 5.4. This was necessary for the above mentioned changes. Please keep using UMotion V1.11 if you are working on Unity 5.4.

Complete Release Notes
    UMotion V1.12p01
    New or Changed Features
    None

Bug Fixes
    • Fixed an exception that is thrown when deleting two animation clips in sequence while the curves view is visible.
    • Fixed an exception that is thrown when undoing the creation of a new project (when another project was previously opened).
    • Undoing/redoing switching between UMotion projects is not supported anymore as there a various cornern cases that can cause exceptions.
    Manual Changes
    • Added a video tutorial chapter for tutorials created by the Youtuber "Jayanam".

UMotion V1.12
    New or Changed Features
    • The core architecture was reworked in order to gain major performance improvements (especially when editing large animation clips).
    • Support for Unity 5.4 is deprecated. Please use Unity 5.5 or higher or keep using UMotion V1.11p02.
    • The "<unity-project>/UMotionAutoBackups" folder was moved to "<unity-project>/UMotionData/AutoBackups".
    Bug Fixes
    • Fixed an exceptions that is thrown on Mac OS when a UMotion dialog window is opened.
    • Fixed that "File Format Changed" dialog is not shown when UMotion automatically openes the last used project.
    • Fixed that "File Format Changed" dialog is not shown when opening a project via the "Recently Opened Projects" menu item.
    • Fixed error messages that appear in the Unity Console regarding an invalid scale being assigned.
    • Fixed an endless loop when opening the curves view when the whole animation only has keys at the first frame.
    Manual Changes
    • Removed the description of known issue related to Unity versions that aren't supported anymore.

Let me know if you like the new update. If you discover any problems, please issue a bug report at the official Support Forum.

skinwalker and tarahugger like this.
  3. daville

daville

Hi... Could it be possible to have somehow, the Muscle Groups from Humanoid Characters, working with Generic Animations?

I need Child of Constrains, and I understand I can't have those when using Humanoids (unless I'm doing something wrong), so I'm animating a human like character with Generic rig instead of Humanoid.

Could it be possible to tell uMotion "this generic rig, has the same structure as this Humanoid rig, set up the IK controllers"

4. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

Hi @daville,
    thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately the methods used to realize the Muscle Groups feature require a humanoid avatar which is not available when a character is configured as generic.

The IK Setup Wizard can be used to setup IK controls pretty much the same way as for humanoid rigs.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
    Peter

daville likes this.
  5. daville

daville

Is there a way to copy an entire Clip from the clip editor? when the clips are still inside the project, and not exported yet.
    I'm making multiple similar animations, and using multiple layers per clip. Right now I create a new clip, and go back to and old one, and copy / paste the keys, But I would prefer to make One master clip, and duplicate that... is it possible?

6. MrGky93

MrGky93

become a visual bug
    Code (CSharp):
    1. null texture passed to GUI.DrawTexture
    2. UnityEngine.GUI:DrawTexture(Rect, Texture, ScaleMode)
    3. ΊΊΉΊΊΉΊΊΊΊΊΉΊΉΊΉΊΊΉΊΊΊΊΉΊΉΉΉΉΊΊΊΉΊΉΊΉΊΉΉΉΊΊΉΉΊΊ:ΊΉΉΉΊΉΊΉΊΊΊΉΉΉΊΊΉΉΉΉΉΊΉΉΊΊΊΊΊΉΉΉΉΉΊΊΊΊΊΊΊΊΉΉΊΊΊ(Rect, Texture, ScaleMode)
    4. ΊΊΉΊΊΉΊΊΊΊΊΉΊΉΊΉΊΊΉΊΊΊΊΉΊΉΉΉΉΊΊΊΉΊΉΊΉΊΉΉΉΊΊΉΉΊΊ:ΊΉΉΉΊΉΊΉΊΊΊΉΉΉΊΊΉΉΉΉΉΊΉΉΊΊΊΊΊΉΉΉΉΉΊΊΊΊΊΊΊΊΉΉΊΊΊ(Rect, Texture)
    5. ΊΊΊΉΉΊΊΊΊΉΉΊΉΉΊΉΊΉΉΊΉΊΉΉΊΊΊΊΊΊΉΊΊΉΉΊΉΉΉΉΊΊΊΊΉΉΉ:ΉΊΊΉΉΊΉΊΊΉΉΉΉΊΊΊΉΊΊΊΉΊΊΊΊΊΉΊΊΉΉΊΊΉΉΊΉΊΊΊΊΉΉΊΉΊΉ(Rect, Int32, Boolean)
    6. ΊΉΊΉΉΊΉΊΊΉΉΊΊΉΉΉΊΉΉΊΉΉΊΊΊΉΊΊΊΉΊΉΊΊΉΊΉΉΊΊΊΊΊΉΊΊΊ:ΉΊΊΉΉΊΉΊΊΉΉΉΉΊΊΊΉΊΊΊΉΊΊΊΊΊΉΊΊΉΉΊΊΉΉΊΉΊΊΊΊΉΉΊΉΊΉ(Rect)
    7. ΊΊΊΉΊΊΉΊΉΉΉΉΉΊΊΉΊΉΉΉΊΊΊΊΊΉΉΊΊΊΊΉΉΉΊΉΊΉΉΊΉΉΉΊΉΉΉ:OnGUI()
    8. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    using 2018.2.0f2

7. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

Currently copy & pasting the keys is the only way to duplicate an animation clip. A "Copy Clip" button is on my internal to-do list.

@MrGky93: Thanks for reaching ou. I tried to reproduce this issue using Unity 2018.2.0f2 but I don't get this error message. Please try to restart Unity, maybe something wasn't loaded correctly.

daville likes this.
  8. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

UMotion V1.13 was just released on the Asset Store

Update now:
    UMotion Pro V1.13 | UMotion Community V1.13

FBX export on Mac OSX
    The FBX export is now also available on Mac OSX. Support for the Linux Editor is planned for the future. The FBX Exporter now also has an option to define the file scale. This is necessary when exporting *.FBX files for the Unity Asset Store.

Clip list sorted in alphabetical order
    The clip list is now sorted by clip names. This makes it easier to navigate in projects with a great number of clips.

Complete Release Notes
    UMotion V1.13
    New or Changed Features
    • The *.fbx file scale can now be defined in the export settings.
    • Export to FBX is now also supported on Mac OSX.
    • The dopesheet context menu now also displays the "Add keys To All Properties" item when a master key or an animation event was clicked.
    • The context menu that is used to switch between animation clips is now sorted alphabetically.
    Bug Fixes
    • Fixed an exception that is thrown when the About Dialog is opened.
    • Fixed an exception that is thrown when exporting a *.fbx animation and the defined export directory does not exist.
    • Fixed that the total *.fbx file grows with each export when updating an existing *.fbx file.
    • Fixed that the framerate isn't correctly exported when exporting as *.fbx.
    • Fixed that root motion isn't previewed correctly when the animated character is scaled.
    • Fixed an exception that can occur under specific circumstances when clicking on the "Calibrate Character Front" button in the IK setup wizard.
    • Fixed an exception that can occur under specific circumstances when creating a humanoid IK rig using the IK setup wizard.
    • Fixed an exception that is thrown when exporting a clip that has a custom property in "component property" mode with no GameObject assigned.
    • Fixed an exception that is thrown when pressing CTRL + D while dragging keys in the Clip Editor.
    Manual Changes
    • Added a description of the "File Scale" property in the "Clip Editor / Main Navigation / Project Settings" chapter.
    • Updated the "Import/Export" chapter based on the latest changes.

Let me know if you like the new update. If you discover any problems, please issue a bug report at the official Support Forum.

9. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

I bought this asset recently and every time I've tried to put it into any test project, it arrives with broken assemblies, it's a terrible way to setup things IMO.

For example, I just imported this on existing project (using 2018.2.0f2) and got greeted by:
    I noticed that this is covered here https://support.soxware.com/345/typeloadexception

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but your asset really needs to play nice with other asset store items. Right now, only way to use it out of the box is to import it into completely blank project. But the whole point of having an animation editor inside unity is to be able to do it within your game projects, otherwise we would just use DCC tools for this.

Could you please find some alternative way to handle this so it wouldn't break by default?

10. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

I've also tried importing UMotion first and then other assets but all ends the same eventually, I also can't really tell if "ΊΉΉΊΊΉΉΉΊΊΉΉΊΊΊΊΊΊΊΊΊΉΊΊΉΊΊΉΉΉΉΊΉΉΊΉΊΉΊΊΉΉΊΊΊΊΉ'" is important as everything is obfuscated. I'm curious, what's with that too?

It's an editor tool that doesn't ship with games so your code would be rather safe anyways from bigger public. Now if something happens to the asset provider (asset gets deprecated or asset provider loses interest on the asset), we are left with zero means to fix the issues ourselves, making UMotion Pro super risky buy for about everyone.

11. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

Hi @rizu ,
    thank you very much for reaching out. I understand your frustration but I'm sure that we will find a solution for this issue.

If it's OK for you I'm going to move this technical discussion into the UMotion support forum (no need to register to post there) so that we can keep this forum thread clean for more general questions and announcements. I've added my complete response there: https://support.soxware.com/345/typeloadexception?show=913#c913

Best regards,
    Peter

12. Gobstar

Gobstar

Thank you!! The changes over the past two months have been fantastic!

SoxwareInteractive likes this.
  13. chaneya

chaneya

Since the latest update to Umotion, I am no longer able to export to FBX. Umotion crashes when I try to export to any version of FBX. I receive the following error. I can still export to .anim but the .anim files are 10X the size as the .FBX files so FBX is definatly preferred. Again this only started happening with the most recent update.

Console:
    EntryPointNotFoundException: SetGlobalFileScale
    ΊΉΊΉΊΊΊΉΊΊΉΉΉΉΊΉΊΉΊΊΉΊΉΉΊΉΊΊΊΊΊΊΊΊΊΊΊΉΊΉΊΊΉΊΉΉΉ+ΉΉΊΉΊΊΉΉΉΉΊΊΊΉΉΉΉΊΉΉΊΉΊΊΊΉΊΊΉΉΊΉΉΉΉΊΉΊΉΊΉΊΊΊΊΉΉ.ΉΊΊΊ

Capture.PNG

Thanks
    Allan

14. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

NeatWolf likes this.
  15. chaneya

chaneya

16. Bamfax

Bamfax

Hi Peter,

first of all, thank you very much for UMotion. It is a great asset, allowing to animate directly in Unity.

If I may ask a few questions:

Being quite new to animating, maybe this one up first: I have a character with several layered and masked animations, e.g. left arm raised, right arm grabbing gun from holster. These animations play masked on top of the idle animation. While this is nice and modular, the gun grabbing (layered/masked right arm) does not match to gun position anymore when the idle animation is playing underneath, probably due to having a different offset on the hip, spine or shoulder between the two layers. Then I also would like to achieve a similar animation, where the right hand is typing on a wrist HUD, attached to the left forearm.
    What would be the best way to draft those animations? Most deterministic is probably coming up with non-masked fullbody animations? But this way I will need to create those animations again and again for the different underlying body stances (e.g. crouching, idling, flying)? Asking to get on right track quickly, there's probably a myriad of ways to achieve that...

And some more questions:
    - Having this scenario, where my "pick up gun from holster" animation was misplaced, I was hoping to be able to adjust this during play mode. But pausing and opening Umotion does not jump into this animation step right away, it requires loading the animation clip first, in which all looks fine (the misplaced hand not showing). Would you on a future release consider offering a feature where the active unity clips are testable in Umotion and the active frame can be synced between unity and umotion, allowing direct adjustments? Also for placing VR fingers on a controller this would be great to allow finetuning fingers.

- I also get the "ΉΊΉΊΉΊΊΉΊΉΉΊΉΊΊΊΊΊΊΊΊΊΊΊΉΊ" bug on startup of umotion. No big deal, does not seem to cause further issues.
    - Do I understand the "child of" constraint correctly, in that it does not affect the child-parent relationship in unity? So activating the constraint in umotion is easing animation, but in unity the object remains under the same parent?
    - Would you consider for the future the feature of using rotational limits and muscular forces on the IK joints, like e.g. puppetmaster does, to make it easier to achieve a natural limb movement?
    - My rig is missing some bones, e.g. the middle joint on the forearms, foot bones and also the thumb rotations are looking a little unnatural. If I have not failed to find it - a video tutorial on adding and editing joints would be great! And for my understanding: If I edit my rig, e.g. adding joints, does that keep the animations I have intact, or will I need to redo them?

Thank you very much for your time and answers. And of course, for this great asset. It just makes life a lot easier, especially for my small environment, not needing to switch to / learn to blender for the animation work.

Keep up the great work!

17. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

Hi Bamfax,
    thank you very much for your question. Please consider using the official support forum for future questions as it is easier to keep things nicely organized there.

This can't be done without a runtime IK solution (because the holster position will always be on a different position depending on the current playback time of your lower body masked animation). Setup a runtime IK solution of your choice (e.g. FinalIK, BioIK) and use the holster transform as your IK Target.
    UMotion can be used to preview runtime IK via it's Callback system (see Options tab in the Pose Editor; Click on the info button to jump to the appropriate manual chapter for further information).

The clip previews fine using UMotion because it plays the animation on all bones (not considering the mask you defined in your Animator). This would be rather complicated to synchronize and is currently not planned, I'm sorry.

This is fixed in UMotion V1.13p02 (currently under review by the Asset Store team). If you want you can email me your Invoice ID so that I can send you the patch release immediately. The error message is a "false alert" and has no negative impact on the functionality.

Correct. It bakes the movement of the object into the animation in such a way as if it would have a different parent. In fact, the hierarchy remains the same in Unity.

I haven't used Puppetmaster yet, but you could probably use it inside UMotion via the callback system described above (this would probably require a bit of coding skills).

If your character is configured as humanoid, than you don't have access to those bones by default because the humanoid rig doesn't support those bones. Thus UMotion automatically hides all bones that are not assigned to a humanoid bone via the humanoid avatar.
    You can either configure your character as generic (that's what I would recommend in case your animation is only used on this specific character as it has better runtime performance). Otherwise, you can switch into Config Mode (in UMotion), select the hidden bones in the hierarchy and set the Visbility to "Show" in the properties tab. This will allow you to animate these bones too but be aware that the animation of these bones won't be played by other characters except the one you created the animation for as only humanoid bones can be re-targeted. Your existing animations don't need to be re-done.

Thanks for your nice words. Glad you like UMotion.

18. Bamfax

Bamfax

Hi Peter,

thank you very much for your time and answers.
    > This is fixed in UMotion V1.13p02
    Good to hear. I will just wait until it is on the assetstore :).

19. HalDevOne

HalDevOne

Hello. How exactly does the animation events work. On what gameObject needs my script to be attach inorder for it to find the function? I cant get it to work, i find the function on the actual animation event but it is not executing it.

20. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Howdy.

I just came across UMotion recently and had never heard of it (you can thank Unity for their promotion regarding "create realistic characters"). I've been struggling with animation using Unity's tools for far too long. So I thought I'd come in to this thread and see how the forum posts are going. I've watched a little on your YouTube videos, and I have to say I'm pretty excited. This is the type of animating I'm used to that Unity sadly doesn't support natively.

So, I'm going to purchase. I hope other asset authors take notice of these things:

1. Notice the excellent ongoing feedback in this forum thread from the author. Real solutions, no blaming of the customer, and consideration for feedback in future updates.

2. Videos and documentation. Many assets for sale come with limited information, and often times it becomes outdated and isn't updated. This author is working hard on this and the videos are spot-on the way I like them. There is actual talking during the video to explain what is being taught, and the author doesn't presume the viewer knows what he is talking about (i.e. he explains it very clearly).

3. The regular updates to the asset since it's initial release show me that the author isn't going to leave me in the lurch after I purchase it.

So... you've earned yourself a customer, and I'm making my purchase right away!

21. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

Hi @halDev,
    thanks for your question.

The script with the method that should be called needs to be assigned to the same GameObject as the Animator component. The method is only called during runtime (= in playmode). More information about animation events can be found in this video tutorial:

Hi @GamifyTheWorld ,
    thank you so much for your nice words. That means a lot to me and is really motivating.

If you have anything that you don't like about, you can always reach out to me I'm constantly trying to improve.

HalDevOne and ScourgeGames like this.
  22. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

I will definitely provide feedback as I begin to work through the whole process.

I just want to point out that I learned something new about Unity today after having used it for a long time. I opened up the manual of your asset after importing, got to the second page and there it was. I did not know that I could do the alt + right mouse button - mouse move left/right for fine graded zooming. Ha! I'm happy now haha.

23. somosky

somosky

Hey I bought your asset a long time ago (I think the first day) and have loved using it. I have a question about it something is possible with umotion though . I bought a fps package awhile ago that had gun and gun animations in it . The animations however are legacy and the character is just arms no body . I've tried switching the model to humanoid but that fails because the avatar is not humanoid and if I try to switch it to generic it succeeds but the animations don't play in mecanim. Is there anything I can do about this?

24. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

25. hongwaixuexi

hongwaixuexi

Hello Peter,
    Could you make some FPS melee fight exmples with UMotion? For instance blow zombie's head away by punching like Doom4.

26. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

Hi @hongwaixuexi ,
    thank you very much for reaching out.

I'm sorry I can't create a video tutorial for this specific use case but there is a FPS video tutorial explaining how you animate hands and a gun in FPS view:
    You can use this as a starting place.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Willbkool_FPCS likes this.
  27. hongwaixuexi

hongwaixuexi

Thanks.

28. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

UMotion V1.14 was just released on the Asset Store

Update now:
    UMotion Pro V1.14 | UMotion Community V1.14

Improved Auto/Clamped Auto tangent mode
    When a clip should be looped, the Auto/Clamped Auto tangent mode now calculates the tangents of the first and last key of the animation curve in such a way, that the loop-transition is "more" seamless.
    upload_2018-9-5_8-19-2.png

As you can see in the picture, when loop is disabled the curve slowly decelerates at the end of the animation in order to have a nice transition to the "stopped" state. When loop is enabled, the animation is going to repeat at the end so a deceleration would cause a noticeable "seam". Thus the tangents are now calculated in such a way that they maintain the speed.
    Unity's default implementation of auto/clamped auto doesn't take care of that so that part had to be rewritten.

While working inside UMotion, this mode is automatically enabled/disabled by the "loop" button in the Playback Navigation (bottom right of the Clip Editor). In order to have seamless looping in the exported clip, the loop flag in the UMotion Clip Settings needs to be enabled.

In some cases you might want the old behavior back even when loop is enabled. To do that, change the tangent mode of the first and last key of that curve to "Free Flat".

Complete Release Notes
    UMotion V1.14
    New or Changed Features
    • The Auto/Clamped Auto tangent mode has been reworked. In case the clip is looped, it now calculates the tangents of the first and last key in such a way that they interpolate seamlessly.
    • Improved the wording of the \"This clip is not compatible with this project.\" error message shown when importing a generic animation that uses an incompatible rig.
    Bug Fixes
    • Fixed a crash that appears when importing a clip from a umotion project with a child-of curve that has no parent selected into an existing umotion project.
    • Fixed a GUI related crash that can appear under very specific circumstances.
    • Fixed a crash in Unity 2018.2 when synchronized with Unity Timeline and playback is stopped.
    • Fixed that *.anim export always exported clips at 60 fps in Unity 2018.2.
    Manual Changes
    • Updated the "Playback Navigation", "Clip Settings" and "Dopesheet / Curves View" chapters based on the changes of the Auto/Clamped Auto tangent mode.

29. Bravo_cr

Bravo_cr

Thanks for the new update. I'm really enjoy working with Umotion. I have a question.The current state of my Umotion project is the following: I have been animating with a placeholder Humanoid character, now I would like to continue the animation with the real character, but when I try to configure the new character in the same Umotion project I can't. It throws me this error "Humanoid Bone Already defined". The bones are nor named equally.

Any help will be great. Thanks in advance

30. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

31. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

BeatiBot - Animated short movie created in Unity

Hey guys,
    BeatiBot is an amazing animated short film @v1nc3nt_3d just released. It's about an A.I. Drone (very much like Amazon Alexa, but better and it can fly ;)). The whole movie was created entirely using Unity and all animations have been created using UMotion Pro:

Vincent has done an amazing job! Let's support him by sharing his video and following him on his socials:
    PS: There is also a 360° version of BeatiBot you shouldn't miss.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  32. INGTONY

INGTONY

hi, is an excellent tool loving it, the timeline sync is amazing really like to work with this, i have a litle question im working with maya models using Advanced skeleton to import to unity , i need to export a big number of blendshapes everything works perfect but i loose some time (time literaly) selecting wich blends and bones i need in the clip editor (to edit) so i have a suggestion
    1- it would be nice with a filter in the clip editor , to organize and choose in the minor posible time the joint or blend , as i said everything works great just i think it would be a nice feature, how it works now , it works perfectly; choosing in the clip editor the part and then LMB and select in scene is time saver but it would be nice to have the option to select in scene and Automatic select or highlight the reference in the clip editor,

just thanks for this amazing tool

33. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

Hi @INGTONY,
    thank you very much for your nice words and for your feature request.

Both features (filtering animated properties in the Clip Editor and synchronizing selection of Clip Editor and Scene View) are already on my to-do list but I can't estimate when they are going to be implemented.
    For blend shapes, you can use the filtering in the Pose Editor's "Channels" section. By right-clicking on the channel, you can click on "Select in Clip Editor".

Best regards,
    Peter

34. INGTONY

INGTONY

thanks peter for your time

35. Fattie

Fattie

I was wondering if anyone is offering

live training

in UMotion?

So,

- I'd pay $40/hr (or, whatever) to a trainer,
    - we would logon with screen-sharing and you'd give me the fast quickstart.

(It would be cool if UMotion had certified trainers!)

Has anyone done this, anyone know of anyone who does this? Cheers, Fattie

36. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

Hi @Fattie,
    thank you very much for using UMotion.

Unfortunately I'm not offering any sort of live training. Maybe some of the more experienced UMotion users is willing to give you a paid training?

Please also check out the official video tutorials (in the "Video Tutorials" chapter of the manual). There is a quick start tutorial that should help you getting started faster.

Best regards,
    Peter

37. Fattie

Fattie

>Maybe some of the more experienced UMotion users is willing to give you a paid training?

Right. Anyone out there up for paid sessions?

>Please also check out the official video tutorials

Right! The videos are absolutely fantastic. Thanks for the prompt response!

38. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

UMotion V1.15 was just released on the Asset Store

Update now:
    UMotion Pro V1.15 | UMotion Community V1.15

This time a big usability update based on all the feedback that I've received from all of you in the last couple of months. Thank you very much for all the feedback and keep it coming in the future. This helps me a lot to improve UMotion.

Synchronized selection between Clip Editor and Pose Editor/Scene View
    By default, the selection of animated properties in the Clip Editor's "Animated Properties List" will now automatically select the corresponding bone in the Scene View. Selecting or deselecting a bone in the Scene View on the other hand will automatically update the selection "Animated Properties List" in the Clip Editor.
    To disable this mode (and get the old behavior back), disable the "↔ Clip Editor" button in the Pose Editor (under "Selection").
    UMotionV1_15_SyncSelection.gif

ALT + Left Click for easy key frame tuning
    When holding ALT while clicking on a key frame in the Clip Editor, the corresponding bone will be selected in the Scene View, the frame cursor will jump to the key's frame and the correct tool will be selected. Combined with "Auto Key" it's incredible easy to fine tune existing keys.
    UMotionV1_15_ALT_Click.gif

Crop animation clips
    Use the white arrows (they usually define the playback start/end) in the Clip Editor's time ruler to define an area of your animation that you want to crop. Then click on Edit --> Crop to Playback to remove every key outside that area.
    This is especially useful when you want to crop a "loopable" part out of a larger mocap animation.
    UMotionV1_15_Crop.gif

Reverse keys
    Select keys in the Clip Editor that you want to reverse. Then click on "Edit --> Reverse" or right click "Reverse". By selecting all keys in your animation clip, you can reverse the whole animation (i.e. a walk forward animation would be turned into a walk backwards animation).
    UMotionV1_15_Reverse.gif

Duplicate animation clip
    A new button was added that can be used to easily duplicate the current animation clip. Previously all keys and animation layers had to be copied manually (using copy & paste).
    upload_2018-10-6_11-30-6.png

Complete Release Notes
    This post highlights only a few of the new improvements. Please refer to the release notes for a complete list of changes.

UMotion V1.15
    New or Changed Features
    • Added a new button "↔ Clip Editor" to the Selection section in the Pose Editor. When enabled, the selection of the Pose Editor and of the Clip Editor is synchronized. This mode is enabled by default.
    • Added a new menu item "Select Property Keys in Clip Editor" to the context menu of the Channels section in the Pose Editor.
    • Added a new menu item "Select All keys" to the contex menu of the Animated Properties List.
    • Selecting a property in the Animated Properties List in the Clip Editor, doesn't select all keys of that property anymore.
    • Generic animation clips exported as *.anim now show the root motion settings in the Inspector.
    • Vertex weight visualization has been removed due to incompatibility with newer Unity versions.
    • Added a "duplicate clip" button to the Clip Editor.
    • Decreased the space required by the Playback Navigation bar in order to ensure that all buttons are visible even on small screens.
    • Added a "Select In Scene" menu item to the Dopesheet/Curves View context menu. Can also be triggered by holding alt while selecting a key.
    • Added a context menu to the time ruler. Can be used to set the playback start/end frame.
    • Added a "Crop" feature that allows cropping whole animation clips. The start/end frame is defined by the playback start/end frame. The feature can be reached via "Edit / Crop to Playback" or via the context menu in the Dopesheet/Curves View.
    • Added a "Reverse" feature that allows reversing selected keys of an animation clip. The feature can be reached via "Edit / Reverse" or via the context menu in the Dopesheet/Curves View.
    Bug Fixes
    • Fixed that the last selected clip name is displayed in the popup button of the Clip Editor even if the project is already closed.
    • Fixed that the tangent mode of keys of generic animation clips wasn't exported correctly in Unity 5.5 and Unity 5.6.
    • Fixed that the rect tool handles aren't calculated correctly when child-of keys are selected.
    • Fixed that reversing the child-of constraint via the rect tool isn't reversing the constant interpolated curve correctly.
    • Fixed that when an IK driven bone is selected in the IK rig layer, tools manipulated the corresponding FK bone. The tool should do nothing instead.
    Manual Changes
    • Added a description of the new button in the Selection chapter of the Pose Editor.
    • Updated the description of the context menu in the Channels chapter.
    • Updated the description of the context menu in the Animated Properties List chapter.
    • Removed the descriptions related to the vertex weight visualization from the "Pose Editor -> Options" and "Pose Editor -> Display" chapters.
    • Added a description of the new "duplicate clip" button to the "Clip Editor -> Main Navigation" chapter.
    • Updated the screenshots in the "Clip Editor" and "Clip Editor -> Playback Navigation" chapters.
    • Added descriptions for the new menu items in the "Clip Editor -> Menu Bar -> Edit" chapter.
    • Added descriptions for the new menu items in the "Clip Editor -> Dopesheet / Curves View" chapter.

39. daville

daville

thanks for the Duplicate Clip (also all the other things, but that one the most)

40. DigitalGlass

DigitalGlass

Is there support for mirroring a pose? Not sure if I missed this somewhere.

41. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

DigitalGlass likes this.
  42. DeepShader

DeepShader

Hi, are there plans to implement face-capture through ARKit and iPhone X/XS?

This would be a bug plus, if you could animate faces directly inside your Asset with ARKit Remote *___*

43. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

Hi @DeepShader,
    thanks for your question.

UMotion is all about creating animations "by hand" or fine-tuning existing animations. Feel free to create some facial animations with your iPhone X/XS (and related apps) and then polish the results in UMotion but unfortunately I currently don't have plans to implement iPhone based face-capture directly into UMotion.

44. DeepShader

DeepShader

Hm, too bad. Would be a very useful extension :(

45. Wothanar

Wothanar

hi need help, after using your umotion plugin in our characters (that have already alot of blendshapes and some scripts and avatar customization) i pressed add to head , for fix some animations on gameplay, but never know that this will gonna override all the another blendshapes now the avatar customization parts where it have alot of blendshapes sliders to change body forms and stuff is not changing, its get stuck and locked, im wondering it can be this umotion proyect that i made for those avatars? i will aprreciate your help thanks.

46. Wothanar

Wothanar

PLEASE NEED TO KNOW ASAP! how to unlock my blendshapes that are get override by my animator now after use umotion with my character our customization avatar dosnt work on the blendshapes cant be changed are stuck and locked why? please help!

47. Wothanar

Wothanar

Never mind! i solve it , its the characters i set add to head.... and it was wrong, i must put no add, coz our blendshapes are animated via sliders on customization avatar and not on animations...i think this will fix the issue, going to re done my job to fix this bug :(

48. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

Hi @Wothanar ,
    I'm sorry it was nighttime here in Austria.

When you add your blend shapes to UMotion, UMotion will create animation curves for every blend shape. Once you play your animation using the Animator component, the values for your blend shapes that you're writing via script will be overwritten by the Animator because it finds animation curves for it.

I think (not tested) if your script applies the values in "LateUpdate()" it will be executed after the Animator Component so it will be overwriting the Animator instead. If you don't want to animate blend shapes in UMotion at all, just remove the "Custom Property Constraints" that control the blend shapes from your head bone in UMotion. Here's a step by step instruction how to do this:
    1. Switch into Config Mode (in the Pose Editor)
    2. Select the head bone that has the blend shape controllers.
    3. Open the "Constraints" tab and remove every "Custom Property Constraint" in there (by clicking on the red "X").
    4. Switch back into Pose Mode
    5. Re-export your animation. It will now have no animation curves for the blend shapes thus not overwriting your scripted values.

49. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

50. Fattie

Fattie

Doh! I totally forgot about the amazing forum, thanks!