Search Unity

UMotion - Animation Editor

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by SoxwareInteractive, Aug 26, 2017.

1. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

UMotion can only read an animation when Unity pre-processed/imported it. So technically there is currently no way to directly read the FBX file by UMotion. But the previously mentioned workflow should be really close to what you're looking for:

Please note that with some editor scripting and by using the UMotion API you should be able to make this process even faster.

Best regards,
    Peter

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Hey, the newly released 2021.2.0f1 Unity shows asset postprocessors now on model import settings and I'm pretty sure Umotion is adding one.

Can you make it show something more legible than this? It had me scratching my head for a while...

upload_2021-10-27_6-52-57.png

3. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

Thanks for pointing that out. I wasn't aware of this new feature. I'm going to change that in the next UMotion patch release.

AcidArrow likes this.
  4. duminju1990

duminju1990

HI @SoxwareInteractive, I'm interested in this asset. May I know if it will be included in the coming black friday sale?

5. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

Hi @duminju1990,
    thank you very much for your interest in UMotion Pro. Yes, UMotion Pro and also my other product the Animation Converter are going to be included in the upcoming black friday sale.

Please let me know in case you have any questions.

Best regards,
    Peter

duminju1990 likes this.
  6. KEM_Z

KEM_Z

select all (ctrl+A), key modified (M) :)

SoxwareInteractive likes this.
  7. dock

dock

8. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

Unfortunately vertex weight display was removed in V1.15. From the release notes:
    Vertex weight visualization was "read-only", changing vertex weights has never been possible in UMotion.

May I ask you in which video tutorial you've stumbled across this feature?

9. dock

dock

Ah, that's a shame. Hopefully it can return in the future when Unity settles down a bit. I understood it was visualisation only, but it would be very useful.
    This is the tutorial, at 7:00.

SoxwareInteractive likes this.
  10. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Hello I bought Your system :) Its really cool, but I have 2 questions:
    1. How to export only humanoid bones when exporting animation to fbx. I want to export only what is necessary for animation, no additional empty game objects of my object. I know System is basing on what is in Character that I edit. But basically, if that is humanoid It And I have dozens of animations (mainly we use only skeleton if fbx with animation ) I dont like the thing that system dont have option like: "Export Only motion for humanoid" or something like that.

2.How to get rid of the need of renaming all objects if they are called the same? Cant it be done automatic way on export like changing it to some 1,2,3 etc if there is problem with fbx

3.I exported my animation to actual fbx, but it seems like it is connected to old one animation in the same fbx, when I choose that animation both animation are chosen at once, some problem with meta files or something? Overall my workflow is to keep in the same fbx animation of old anim (I rename it to OLD or something like that) and new animation, everything would be good if not the thing I described that when selecting one anim unity select both of them so replacing it is impossible.

11. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

Let's discuss this on the official support forum (please comment there to keep this thread here organized, no account needed, thanks): https://support.soxware.com/en/communities/1/topics/1054-export-only-humanoid-bones#comment-1871

12. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

ATTENTION: Known issue in Unity 2021.2 related to the tool assistant window in the scene view

Update: Fixed in Unity 2021.2.3f1 and above.

Unfortunately there is a Unity bug in Unity 2021.2 that is affecting UMotion you should be aware of:
    • This bug prevents the tool assistant window from being displayed while animating in UMotion.
    • If you have a character assigned to the UMotion pose editor, then select a different object in the scene that is not the character you are currently animating, an exception is thrown.
    upload_2021-11-16_8-28-44.png
    Muscle Groups - tool assistant window

This bug has already been reported to Unity during the Unity 2021.2 beta but unfortunately is not fixed yet.

Workaround:
    • Disable the tool assistant window in the display section:
      upload_2021-11-16_8-30-1.png
    • OR downgrade to Unity 2021.1.
    I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I'm in contact with Unity to get this bug fixed as soon as possible. Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
    codingSince666 likes this.
  13. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

14. codingSince666

codingSince666

not the first time im unable to use newest stable unity version becacuse of one of the assets I use.

actually i already confirmed myself that this window wont display in newer unity, but will in older.

i googled this thread wondering if we are going to get a fix

as for now, im downgrading my main project, hoping it will not break things :)

15. dorusoftware

dorusoftware

before you do that, just zip the entire project folder as it is in one big zip file. if you get any issue with the downgrade, you move out in a different location the messed up project folder, and unzip the old version in its place. You can try the downgrade again but this time with more knowledge of what could go wrong and maybe plan for it.

16. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

Update: Please note that in Unity 2021.2.3f1 this bug is fixed. If you're using Untiy 2021.2, please update your Unity versions. Thanks Unity for providing a fix so quickly.

17. Bagazi

Bagazi

upload_2021-11-26_13-17-24.png

How to avoid interpolated frames when import animation from outside?

upload_2021-11-26_13-20-27.png

This is the original animation

18. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

Bagazi likes this.
unityunity