Search Unity

uMOBA - Create your own Dota/League of Legends Game

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mischa2k, May 15, 2016.

1. mischa2k

mischa2k

It uses the Unity matchmaker service to register a game. You need the Unity Multiplayer services for that. They were free for a while, but I think you have to pay now.

2. BryanO

BryanO

3. mischa2k

mischa2k

Did you check the UNET manual? I remember either a tutorial or a video in the official Unity youtube channel where they showed how to make things work with their services. You basically sign up and get some kind of unique id that you have to enter into your project settings.

BryanO likes this.
  4. BryanO

BryanO

How can we get NPCs and Monsters to buff/heal friendly players or towers and buildings? Ive tried setting the colors of a hostile monster to green and assigning a positive attack/skill but this isnt working. Also not working is setting attack damage to a negative number to try and hack a heal. I'm getting a result of one damage point when a hostile NPC casts on a player or tower with damge set at zero and regardless of the skill settings as a buff/heal/attack. Friendly NPCs/Monsters ignore their same team so any ideas?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  5. mischa2k

mischa2k

Perhaps create a heal skill like the player already has, assign it to the monster and then in one of the monter's states, like MOVING, check if there's a team member around that needs healing (entity.teams), then cast the healing skill on them.

BryanO likes this.
  6. BryanO

BryanO

what are the names of the variables and functions that stores the current player information please (number of players who is on which team - team names ect). I'd like to build a script to spawn aiNPCs in the spaces not filled by players. This is a standard MOBA function - If you have any work on that already done can you post that here please?

7. mischa2k

mischa2k

There are a lot of places. For example:
    Entity.teams (use it like Entity.teams[Team.Evil]) is the fastest way.
    There is also NetworkServer.objects if you are on the server.
    And FindObjectOfType/WithTag

BryanO likes this.
  8. Jelly007

Jelly007

I have a bug but im using version 1.18 but i cant change because i modifed my game already.When my friend play with me in lan his screen is filled with fog of war pls help

9. mischa2k

mischa2k

Please try the latest uMOBA version in a new project without modifications and see if it happens there too

10. Jelly007

Jelly007

Nope it is still hapening to me maybe i am doing something wrong ?

11. mischa2k

mischa2k

Can you give me detailed instructions on what I have to do to reproduce that bug on my machine?

12. Jelly007

Jelly007

My friend and i used hamachi because we are not in the same local network and he connected but then when i entered everything was okey but when he joined he got the fog of war but he can still walk around

13. mischa2k

mischa2k

Can you try it on your local computer with two clients? Or perhaps with an old laptop or something?

14. Trifecta

Trifecta

Is this compatible with consoles?

15. mischa2k

mischa2k

Should work where UNET works, and UNET does work on most consoles as far as I know.
    I don't have a console though, so I can't test it myself. And you'll definitely need to add controller support, but that's doable.

Trifecta likes this.
  16. Jelly007

Jelly007

I fixed the issue but i wanted to ask you can i make it run on my master server? if i can can you tell me how?

17. mischa2k

mischa2k

18. Jelly007

Jelly007

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  19. mischa2k

mischa2k

Did you read the tutorial? It explains how you can host it on your server, no UNET services required.
    If you want to host it on your own computer then you either have to do port forwarding in your router or use UNET's relay service.

20. TB_Visionward

TB_Visionward

I am using uMoba and have modified it so I can select and control the spiders instead of them automatically marching to their goal, much like an RTS. However I can only get the spiders to respond to move commands on the local server. The client can select the spiders but the move commands do not get sent to the server and back to the clients. Obviously the main Orc works fine on both the server and client. How can I get newly spawned objects to respond the the client's navigation requests?

Thanks.

21. Jelly007

Jelly007

Sry that im boring.Can you pls give me the link?

22. mischa2k

mischa2k

https://noobtuts.com/unity/unet-server-hosting

Make sure that the monster logic is done on the server and synchronized to the client. Take a look at the original monster script to see how it's done.

23. wahyuway

wahyuway

@vis2k
    Could you add namespace to each of your scripts in future updates? so i don't want to add it manually each time you upgrade this assets in case i forgot to exclude script that i changed.
    I integrated with GameFramework here https://github.com/FlipWebApps/GameFramework/ and player.cs conflicted.
    Thanks.

24. mischa2k

mischa2k

It doesn't seem like the smartest move to be honest. Namespaces are extra code and extra complicated. Beginners might be confused why their own scripts suddenly can't find the 'Player' class if they forget to use 'uMOBA.Player' etc.

25. ArtsyChen

ArtsyChen

Hey everyone, I've got an art update for you! I've started working on an ancient so it will have its own model instead of sharing the one used for the barracks currently. This is how it's looking so far:

example.jpg

I plan to finish it up with a base, particle effects, and idle animation with rotating parts, so look forward to it!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    mischa2k likes this.
  26. BryanO

BryanO

HI there - Im getting a bit of lag when I open the shopkeepers shop and the window with the items populates. It only happens on the first open. Do you know how to preload the shopkeepers items rather than populating them in game?

27. mischa2k

mischa2k

Does it happen in a fresh uMOBA version too?
    The UINpcTrading script caches nothing, so it should actually take the same time every time.

28. ArtsyChen

ArtsyChen

Art update: Finished out the model for the ancient with some particle effects. It's hard to see in the picture but there's white steam coming out of the pit. I'll probably tweak it some more, do some animations, make the dire version, and organize the files before releasing it out to you guys. Enjoy!

example.jpg

dbordzo likes this.
  29. mischa2k

mischa2k

Good news erveryone! Update: V1.27 [released 2017-02-22]
    • Upgrade info: make sure to adjust your animation controllers for all entities like they are in the new version.
    • New Base model
    • Player.SelectionHandling uses CanAttackType now
    • Replaced .tga textures with .png
    • Player.SelectionHandling click movement uses a new NavMeshAgent.NearestValidDestination now to avoid glitches when trying to walk into unreachable areas
    • Entity Animation controllers and scripts don't have an IDLE state anymore. Instead they go to IDLE if all others are false
    • Player and Monster only play the MOVING animation if agent.velocity != Vector3.zero now
    • NavMeshAgent warp detection improved
    • Utils.IsNullOrWhitespace typo fixed
    • Utils.RandVec3XYZ removed
    • Player.OnDestroy isLocalPlayer workaround removed because the bug was fixed by Unity
    • Utils.PrettyTime uses milliseconds now if needed
    • Terrain metallic settings adjusted

ArtsyChen likes this.
  30. Jelly007

Jelly007

Can you pls help me im having some kind of error Unityengine.color32 dosent contain a defenition for TooHexString TextMeshHealthBar.cs

31. mischa2k

mischa2k

Sure, use the latest uMOBA version and Unity 5.5.1, that will work!

32. BryanO

BryanO

Actually I just updated to unity 5.5.2 and installed a fresh version of UMOBA 1.27 and I cant get the shop to open at all with right click or left. Which is odd. Second question - when is audio due? My hacked audio solution is horrid.I simply put AudioSource.PlayOneShot (clip,volf); at the death and attack calls in the monster scripts and audio sources with clips that play on instantiation on the projectiles and projectile death events. - But its inelegant and Im not sure how it effects multiplayer.

33. mischa2k

mischa2k

Thanks for letting us know. I changed something in Player.SelectionHandling and the npc talk indentation was wrong. The "} else if (entity is Npc && entity.hp > 0) {" block belongs to the if skillwanted check, not inside of it. Will be fixed in the next version!

We didn't really think much about audio yet. Your solution sounds just about right though.

34. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: the next version was submitted for review. It will contain a few important bug fixes and a lot of variables were renamed to something more literal. We are sorry for the inconvenience that this might cause when upgrading your own projects, but it will be worth it.

V1.29 [in development]
    • Upgrade Info: a lot of variable names have been change to something more literal, like 'health' instead of 'hp'. Make sure to rename them in your custom projects too. It may take a few minutes, but it's worth it.
    • Added outline shader to new base model
    • NetworkNavMeshAgent synchronizes the area costs again
    • NetworkNavMeshAgent OnDeserialize try-catch block to avoid packet corruption
    • Extensions syntax improved
    • PlayerChat, Skills, Items, Entities: many variables renamed to something more literal

35. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

@vis2k do you have a trello or similar board showing project progress on issues/features? We are looking at basing a game on this and would like to know what is coming so we don't end up doing double work.

BryanO likes this.
  36. mischa2k

mischa2k

Not really, we work on whatever we enjoy working on at the moment. Any new uMMORPG feature that sounds like it could be useful for uMOBA is likely added here too in the future though.

37. Clawf

Clawf

Will you add mobile support, as on the uMMORPG ? Even when I lower the settings to Fastest there is still a lot of lag on android devices(tried new and old devices). I changed all the textures to mobile/bumped diffuse and there is still lag. Can you advice me how to make it work on mobile ?

38. mischa2k

mischa2k

Yes, will take another look at mobile again when we add the next set of uMMORPG features to uMOBA!

39. BryanO

BryanO

Im about to beta test in a public forum using the headless server - anyone have any issues with that working ok?

- Here's the features Ive had to add to make it a standard moba game IMHO.
    Please let me know if these features are planned - or I could share methods if ppl will trade.
    VIS2k id be happy to share the scripts/methods with you.

1) Audio - Music and ambient sound tracks as well as weapon sounds and attack /death shouts.
    2) Projectile / impact particle effects.
    3) Replacement of towers with destroyed prefab on death. Tower / Barracks / Base explosion effects.
    4) Simple NPC players that level up on death.
    5) 3d viewer for hero selection
    6) Multiple Minion spawns and variable waves.
    7)Healer NPC at base. / you die or port / move back and are healed automatically by NPC via spell

40. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

I would love to see a private git server so we could collaborate. We have a few requirements we will be coding for that could be rolled back into the core.

41. mischa2k

mischa2k

You should definitely use the NetworkNavMeshAgent code from V1.29 before you host it publicly. It has two very important changes to avoid two very annoying bugs.

It's really great to hear about your progress. Feel free to share some screenshots with us if you have any!

I like some of the features on your list, especially the base healing part, that makes a lot of sense. We will keep that in mind for a future version.

We are certainly interested to see your custom features, so let us know when you are done. I can't promise you anything though, there are legal aspects to consider before using someone else's code, and I usually prefer to just look at the feature and implement it myself anyway.

BryanO likes this.
  42. mischa2k

mischa2k

There are a lot of things happening in the editor that aren't happening in builds, like debug checks / messages / logs, asserts etc. So for big scenes that's definitely slower than in a build.

I'd say you can either live with it, report a bug to Unity and hope that they find the part that makes it slow, or remove parts one after another and see if at some point it stopps happening. It might just be the tiniest feature that causes it.

43. mischa2k

mischa2k

Good morning everyone!

We create a uMOBA discord channel today: https://discord.gg/Tm7WNFK . Feel free to join, talk about MOBA development and ask us any questions!
    You can find us in the #general channel. My name is vis2k like here, her name is Artsychen without the uppercase 'c'.

Looking forward to everyone!

44. Sr-Liermann

Sr-Liermann

Hello! How are you?
    I had the uMMORPG, and now I just think on buy it too, but I want to know about the cast effects and impact effects, its very important to a moba game, the sounds too, Did you have implemented any of this features in this kit?

45. mischa2k

mischa2k

Skill effects will come soon. There is a bit more research needed first.
    The others aren't being worked on yet, sorry.

46. BryanO

BryanO

Ive noticed some strange behavior in 1.29 In a fresh copy Unity 5.6 duplicating Items and making new ones from the menu dont propagate into the store. Also importing new assets into the fresh 1.29 project - (even though your core project scripts don't change) cause propagation into the buy slot to fail. New project in 5.5.2f1 same

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  47. mischa2k

mischa2k

Interesting, will check it out. uMOBA still uses Unity 5.5, so that could be it. Will try upgrading to 5.6 in the next couple of days.

48. mischa2k

mischa2k

I didn't notice any issues when testing. Can you tell me exactly what I need to do to reproduce the behaviour?
    You have to select the merchant and drag the new item into the sell slots by the way.

BryanO likes this.
  49. SkyLimitStudio

SkyLimitStudio

Will it be too hard to implement the lobby system from this projet to the uMMORPG ? I don't have the uMOBA yet and would there be a point to buy it for only this ? Or could I just use the network lobby system from the unity asset store which is the same as here but i cannot seem to implement it there. Made a lot of changes, game is almost ready. The only thing that is missing is a lobby system. I am using an amazon server at the moment, works with 200 monsters, 15 players and everything together. I just want a way to simulate different servers by using only one.

50. BryanO

BryanO

Yeah that would be it. Also for some reason if an item in the Merchants inventory goes missing for some reason it will bork the ability to buy from that merchant even though the items look like they are showing up in game. As you said Items must not only be in the Item folder to be active but also in the merchant (IN WORLD) inventory. Thanks

mischa2k likes this.