Search Unity

uMOBA - Create your own Dota/League of Legends Game

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mischa2k, May 15, 2016.

1. mischa2k

mischa2k

Do you have a dedicated server running on that IP? Also what do the other two messages say?

2. Luaans2

Luaans2

@vis2k I'm trying to create a game
    released port 443
    and I keep getting the same problem

3. Luaans2

Luaans2

Create Failed:[[UnityEngine.Networking.Match.CreateMatchResponse]-success:False-extendedInfo:]-address:,port:0,networkId:0x0000000000000000,nodeId:0x0000,usingRelay:False
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkManager:OnMatchCreate(CreateMatchResponse)
    Prototype.NetworkLobby.LobbyManager:OnMatchCreate(CreateMatchResponse) (at Assets/Standard Assets/Network/Scripts/Lobby/LobbyManager.cs:245)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

//

Raw response:

//

Request error: Failed to connect to 192.99.181.170 port 443: Connection refused

I released door still get the error "Connection refused"

4. mischa2k

mischa2k

What exactly do I have to do to get this error? It works fine when I build it, run the build, select 'dedicated server' in the build and then connect to it with the Unity Editor.

5. Luaans2

Luaans2

"When trying to create Game" I click create
    Connection screen appears
    and then immediately get an error
    if I click on Dedicated Server, nothing appears, but nothing happens also
    If I go " Join a Game " with IP, it quickly enters a screen and back

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  6. mischa2k

mischa2k

Update: V1.11 is now on the Asset Store. Changes can be seen in the first post! The new skill system is now complete.

And where do you host your dedicated server? Did you try it locally first? Did you try hosting it on the same computer?

7. Gunhi

Gunhi

I just opened the scene and press Play (PLAY AND HOST) then it didn't seem to work as expect with warning and errors.
    The game still running but the Camera doesn't follow player at all.
    ------
    Observer is not ready for BaseGood (UnityEngine.GameObject) hostId: -1 connectionId: 0 isReady: False channel count: 0
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkIdentity:UNetStaticUpdate()
    -------

8. mischa2k

mischa2k

Yes, we changed the camera system to the common MOBA camera type, where you can move the camera by moving your cursor to the edges of the screen, like in Dota1, Dota2 and League of Legends.

Don't worry about the UNET warnings.

9. Gunhi

Gunhi

And something wrong with the MouseOverOutline. Errors!
    -----
    KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[UnityEngine.Material,System.Single].get_Item (UnityEngine.Material key) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:150)
    MouseoverOutline.SetOutline (Color col, Boolean visible) (at Assets/uMOBA/Scripts/MouseoverOutline.cs:26)
    MouseoverOutline.OnMouseEnter () (at Assets/uMOBA/Scripts/MouseoverOutline.cs:42)
    UnityEngine.SendMouseEvents:DoSendMouseEvents(Int32)
    ------
    ps: Do you have any plan to have custom editor for the asset? Let' say Skill Editor for example!

10. mischa2k

mischa2k

When do you see this errors? What do I have to do to get this error myself?

About the skill editor: the goal was to not need one. Right now we can easily select skills in the project area and then modify them in the Unity inspector. No extra programming needed, no extra editors, no xml files, everything is as simple as possible.

11. Gunhi

Gunhi

I just tried to move the player around in Unity by mouse, nothing else.

Do you have any plan for increase security in client like Anti-Hack toolkit for example?

12. mischa2k

mischa2k

Looks like you updated uMOBA in a custom project. In a fresh project, those errors don't happen.
    They happen because we changed the material/shader for all entities. You must change them manually or create a new uMOBA project from scratch.

13. Gunhi

Gunhi

I did import it into a fresh project. Unity 5.3.6p2 for MAC to have a quick look then plan what I'm gonna do with the kit.

14. mischa2k

mischa2k

And does it work now?

Oh I forgot to answer your question: which kind of cheats are you worried about? Map hacks aren't possible because of the NetworkProximityCheckers. Speed hacks / wall hacks aren't possible either, because all the movement is server sided. Generally speaking, all the game logic is calculated on the server, which makes it very safe.

15. Gunhi

Gunhi

Thanks, I temporary disabled "MouseoverOutline.cs" to ignore those errors and warnings. It's not so important.
    For the security, I'm afraid of something like injection into client to change Player' statistic like gold, level, diamond etc.

16. mischa2k

mischa2k

So it still happens in a fresh project? It is important if it does happen, because then we need to fix it of course!

Don't worry, all player statistics like gold, level, position, etc. are all server sided. The client is pretty much just one big UI without any logic.

17. Gunhi

Gunhi

thanks for your confirmation.
    It seems that Error messages show up when I point mouse on an enemy (ScarabEvil) when it is dead before start sinking.

18. Luaans2

Luaans2

I am testing on a VPS
    in my pc works only Play and Host

but I think I see what the problem is

I contacted the support, the same was told that the commands that I was doing was not working

//
    EDIT
    if I let the Match Host mm.unet.unity3d.com it causes this error

Create Failed:[[UnityEngine.Networking.Match.CreateMatchResponse]-success:False-extendedInfo:Failed because of invalid projectid setup. Please verify project setup at https://multiplayer.unity3d.com.]-a...00000000000000,nodeId:0x0000,usingRelay:False
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkManager:OnMatchCreate(CreateMatchResponse)
    Prototype.NetworkLobby.LobbyManager:OnMatchCreate(CreateMatchResponse) (at Assets/Standard Assets/Network/Scripts/Lobby/LobbyManager.cs:245)

if I put the match host the ip vps cause those errors

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  19. mischa2k

mischa2k

Can confirm, fix will be in the next version. Sorry about that, I didn't notice it because of those 8 UNET warnings that are shown afterwards.

So do you use the Unity services like Relay or Matchmaker, or do you just connect to a VPS?

20. Gunhi

Gunhi

• Those features above are really interesting. When will they be done and release? Could you give an approximate time?

21. Luaans2

Luaans2

only connect to vps

22. mischa2k

mischa2k

I just tried connecting to a dedicate server, it worked for me.

Can you try and see if this works:
    - open the project
    - build for standalone (linux/windows/mac)
    - run the build on your computer, start dedicated server
    - press play in the editor, connect to the dedicated server (127.0.0.1)
    - see if that works or not

23. mischa2k

mischa2k

Hey guys,
    we are still dealing with a lot of UNET HLAPI issues. I mentioned the option of creating my own HLAPI version with fixes and improvements before.

If you are interested, please let your voice be heard in this thread: HLAPI_fixed.

24. Luaans2

Luaans2

via 127.0.0.1 (localhost) it works dedicated server
    so I joined the "Join a Game" 127.0.0.1

but it gave an error

in client side

but unfortunately it does not work via VPS

anything can pass you the my vps information and you take a look

25. mischa2k

mischa2k

Yes, I missed that bug when submitting V1.11. It's fixed in V1.12, which I already submitted yesterday. Should be out soon. Please try it again with V1.12 and let me know. In the mean time, get some coffee and disable the MouseoverOutline script.

Luaans2 likes this.
  26. ArtsyChen

ArtsyChen

Art Update: made a new texture to pull the foliage together better so it is less repetitive. Still need to finish populating the map but it will look good. Thank you for your patience!

12.jpg

Luaans2 and mischa2k like this.
  27. Gunhi

Gunhi

Looks better. It would be even better by focusing on better UI/GUI rather than map. Cause we will definitely change them all in production.

28. mischa2k

mischa2k

Thanks. Which part of the UI would you improve?

29. mischa2k

mischa2k

Update: uMOBA V1.12 is now on the Asset Store. Changes can be seen in the first post, as usual!

30. ArtsyChen

ArtsyChen

I'm the artist of the project so everything I make is more or less cosmetic to show what uMoba is capable of doing. By expanding the map it gives me room to make more units and buildings which has to do with more of the core features of the game. In other words, this means that if we were to make functional features through code (such as barracks that spawn megacreeps), the visuals would already be set to go to showcase that functionality. As of right now that is the pipeline priority for me as the artist, but Vis2k is handling the code for other functional features at the same time.

What this means is, anything you'd like to see happen functionally, feel free to post and vis2k will try to prioritize it depending on how important that feature is. Even though I'm expanding the map, there are plenty of things vis2k can implement independent of what I do, as long as what you're asking for is a function based feature rather than a cosmetic one. I can tell you off the bat that if what you're looking for is cosmetic, UI is a bit low priority to me compared to the need for all the base units or structures on the map including some much needed variety in heroes. I will eventually get to making pretty UI frames though.

31. Luaans2

Luaans2

32. mischa2k

mischa2k

Working on a big UI architecture update. Almost done. We will split the UI code into separate components instead of one big UIRefresh script. This makes everything much simpler.

Gunhi likes this.
  33. FlamingTroll

FlamingTroll

Hi,

Just thought I would mention that there are 4 errors in Unity 5.4

Assets/Standard Assets/Network/Scripts/Lobby/LobbyManager.cs(243,44): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `CreateMatchResponse' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/Standard Assets/Network/Scripts/Lobby/LobbyManager.cs(249,36): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `BasicResponse' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/Standard Assets/Network/Scripts/Lobby/LobbyServerEntry.cs(16,30): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `MatchDesc' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/Standard Assets/Network/Scripts/Lobby/LobbyServerList.cs(37,36): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ListMatchResponse' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Cheers,
    Mat

34. FlamingTroll

FlamingTroll

Also can webGL clients and standalone / mobile clients connect to the same server?

35. mischa2k

mischa2k

Hey,
    we didn't upgrade to 5.4 yet because we are still waiting for a few Unity bug fixes. Mainly this one: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...-sharedgfxbuffer-unshare-sharedgfxbuffer-star

So please stay on 5.3 until we mention the 5.4 upgrade in the changelog. Your particular errors can be solved by upgrading the Network Lobby asset to the latest version, if they updated it to work with 5.4 already. But again, we will take care of that as soon as we upgrade uMOBA to 5.4.

UNET doesn't allow that right now. You can either connect via websockets or not via websockets. Although a UNET developer mentioned that Websockets should be supported on all platforms soon: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/official-multiplayer-improvements.390823/page-2#post-2755330

Gunhi likes this.
  36. ArtsyChen

ArtsyChen

Art update: Radiant side map. My estimate is that it'll probably take a week to finish.

Main update: V1.13 is also now on the asset store.

12.jpg

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    Gunhi likes this.
  37. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress Info: V1.14 was submitted for review. Changes can be seen in the first post, most importantly the 5.4 upgrade and lots of smaller fixes and improvements.

38. ArtsyChen

ArtsyChen

Art update: I'm just about done with the map. Needs a bit of polish and then a double check to make sure all the scripts work properly with it before it shows up in an upcoming update. It is a huge map compared to what we had before.

12.jpg 13.jpg

14.jpg
    The camera is not meant to be so far away, so the details become lost. In the first photo the angle of the camera makes the river look opaque purple, but in the second photo we can see it is indeed transparent. The third photo illustrates about the distance the camera should be during gameplay (mid dire tower tier 2). It shows the terrain texture details and assets blending together nicely. The map will be done soon, look forward to the update!

Luaans2 and mischa2k like this.
  39. Luaans2

Luaans2

ArtsyChen likes this.
  40. mischa2k

mischa2k

Your video seems to be private. Can you make it public?

Luaans2 likes this.
  41. Luaans2

Luaans2

try now

42. mischa2k

mischa2k

You need the Unity services and a project ID to create a match using the matchmaker.

And in the video you launched a dedicated server on some 192.. IP, then a few seconds later you tried to connect to that IP from the same computer. There are two problems. You have to leave the dedicated server running and then connect to it while the server is still running. So for example, build uMOBA and then run a dedicated server in the build and leave it running. Then connect to it from the editor. Further more, you should try the IP 127.0.0.1 when connecting to a dedicated server on the same computer, because that's the localhost.

43. Luaans2

Luaans2

Somehow I managed to make it work :D:D

44. Luaans2

Luaans2

was testing her, I met with something curious

1 to 3 configured
    I noticed that whenever one of the two that are not the "creator of the room"
    becomes a spectator

and click it happens this error
    "
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    EntityHealthOverlay.Start () (at Assets/uMOBA/Scripts/EntityHealthOverlay.cs:18)"

Tested Unity + PC + notebook

45. mischa2k

mischa2k

Can you post a step by step instruction for me to reproduce this error?

46. Luaans2

Luaans2

Yes...
    First you need a connection (vps or dc or something between the network)
    Try my Build goo.gl/MsqY5v
    IP: 192.99.181.170

After
    > open the game in Unity >
    open the game on PC >
    Create a Game on PC >
    Get in the game by the List Servers > Enter > Play
    Now open the game on another computer > Get in the game by the List Servers > Enter > Play

Start Game

See if one of the PCs will be like spectator mode

If any of them is as a spectator, just click

47. JessieK

JessieK

Any idea when you guys are going to start rolling out some bigger updates? Rather bought this on the promise that some core features were coming and so far you still can't possibly use this kit to make an actual MOBA. No matter how simple, unless you want 5 vs 5 of the same hero.

I'm aware the smaller optimisation patches are awesome, and the art content I guess some people will want, it'd just be nice to know when you guys plan to introduce some of the more major updates.

48. mischa2k

mischa2k

Okay and it only happens over the internet, not when trying it locally? And it happens when you connect 3 players, or 2?

The map will be a huge update (during the next 1-3 weeks probably). Afterwards we will be able to implement barracks, since there will be enough space to have base+barracks+towers. The new map will potentially also have space for forest monsters, so that's good.

Character selection also requires us to create a second character first. Creating the model + textures + animations takes a lot of time, especially when trying to create a good looking one. We already have two ideas for new heroes. We might replace or improve the existing one for a better overall gameplay feeling too. @ArtsyChen can give more info on that.

Other than that, which features are you looking for? We are open to suggestions and will usually focus on what's most requested.

Note that multiplayer game development is extremely difficult. As you mentioned, the changelog has a long list of minor improvements and adjustments. While minor, those changes are all very important for stability, because any networking bug would ruin the fun.

49. JessieK

JessieK

Well I already gave my suggestions its just none of the "coming soon" features have been done yet. Basically everything but the art side of things in the list you already have are required before any real game could use this kit to get started. I'd honestly want the "A click/skill shots" put in then the "character selection" but that's just me I'll be hyped when any major feature gets announced to be worked on.

I am totally fine with it taking a long time, I really am, I just have no idea when the major features are planned to be done by and in 4 months the kits basically as functional as it was when I bought it when it came out. I understand you're doing a TON under the hood which is great. But without any real idea when big features are going to come out it's grinded any hopes of me using this kit to a halt, and I have no idea when I can get started again because there's no date or rough idea WHEN features will be done.

I for one am I artist which is why I seek out kits like this to assist with the coding side of things, so that's more what I am after, the models and what not are less important to me personally, but thanks for the response

50. Luaans2

Luaans2

From what I noticed is only 3
    Not tested localhost and not more than 3
    I will try and give you feedback

// Edit
    @vis2k Tested 4 players

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016