Search Unity

uMOBA - Create your own Dota/League of Legends Game

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mischa2k, May 15, 2016.

1. mischa2k

mischa2k

Next change will be migrating from UNET to Mirror.

atrottz likes this.
  2. Amumu00

Amumu00

mobo game is very good, I monitor changes in each update via garena application available at apknite

3. atrottz

atrottz

What's your estimated timeline for this?

The hype seems to be that Mirror is a much more reliable solution than Unet. What do you think?

Thanks for the great work as always.

4. mischa2k

mischa2k

In the next 1-2 months.
    Yes Mirror is a lot more reliable. For uMOBA it doesn't matter as much, because even UNET can handle 10 players. Mirror is more important for large scale projects like MMOs.

Kalle801 likes this.
  5. mecharius

mecharius

How is the migration to Mirror coming along?
    I have a couple of other questions:

1. Is it possible to define the skill tree at run time / programmatically? For instance to set up all the abilities and weapons in the editor but then vary the skill tree at the start of each match through scripting.
    2. I can't see a feature for player accounts e.g. for things like "career stats". I assume I'd implement my own player account logic?
    Cheers!

6. mischa2k

mischa2k

uMOBA uses Mirror now.
    1. Not implemented by default. I suppose it's doable if you add a requiredSkill to Skill.cs when loading it.
    2. Yes

7. mecharius

mecharius

Great thanks, I've purchased it and I'll see how I go!

mischa2k likes this.
  8. StanK_

StanK_

Hey! Great asset, very helpful to get basic moba flow in a short term.
    Confused on server logic a bit (worked before with photon networking, not unet). Do you have a reconnecting option? If no, is there an article to implement it ?
    My server runs on linux, so I tried server build (for terminal) without camera in world scene (crashed if it's active). When I disconnected with user - server dies. Is there any approach to prevent it?

9. mischa2k

mischa2k

The server definitely shouldn't die if someone disconnects. Do you get any error messages?

10. StanK_

StanK_

upload_2019-7-24_9-21-50.png
    Yes, this error is appearing.
    It happens only on Linux, when I use a build for windows with graphics - it works fine.

11. mischa2k

mischa2k

Looks like a missing null check. Will check it out today!

12. mischa2k

mischa2k

Can you please open NetworkProximityCheckerTeam and find SeenByEnemy and add a != null check like this:
    upload_2019-7-24_15-16-20.png

Then let me know if this works :)

13. StanK_

StanK_

Yeah, it solves the problem, thank's! What about reconnecting? Noticed a problem, when reconnecting it says "A connection has already been set as ready. There can only be one.". As I understood it's not implemented yet (saving user state, info, characteristics)?
    And another question. If I want to build matchmaking system with many rooms where could play 2x2/5x5 or even 1x1 players, should I open up many instances of server app on my server (on each room one instance)? Any more optimized way to build the system or it's the only one?

14. mischa2k

mischa2k

Reconnecting to a match isn't implemented yet because you'd need some kind of authentication system.
    E.g. login on your website to verify that it's the same player that is reconnecting.
    Same goes for your matchmaking. You'd need some kind of account system with ELO score, external server to match people, etc.

15. StanK_

StanK_

So the server should work like opening dynamically server app instances on different ports and join people to these game instances (different rooms for them)?

16. mischa2k

mischa2k

Sounds like that could work

17. yaxakep666

yaxakep666

Hello.
    I purchased uMOBA, and i have some questions..may you help me, what i make wrong? I use the last Unity 2019.2.
    1-st - On Builded game, I cannot see forest Sceletons at the world - i see, that they are placed on it (i can attack them), but they are invisible. How i can fix it?
    2-nd - Minions not attacking Towers, but attacking Barracks and the Base. What i need to do, that the trying to attack the Towers too?
    3-rd - Not working DIE animations on all towers and barracks.
    4-th - Windows "server build" crashes after player login.

Sorry for my bad English, it's not my own language.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  18. mischa2k

mischa2k

Hey, please use Unity 2018.3.6 :)

19. Savate7

Savate7

Hello, i'm newbie with Unity and i trying to add a Lobby panel before the teamselection...
    and i added this to network manager

Code (CSharp):
    1. void OnClientLobbyUpdate(NetworkConnection conn, LobbyUpdateMsg message) {
    2.         print("OnClientLobbyUpdate");
    4.         // hide login, show selection
    5.         if (uiLogin != null) uiLogin.Hide();
    6.         if (Lobby != null) {
    7.             Lobby.lobbyMsg = message;
    8.             Lobby.Show();
    9.         }
    12.         if (lobby != null) Lobby.Hide();
    13.         if (uiTeamSelection != null) {
    14.             uiTeamSelection.lobbyMsg = message;
    15.             uiTeamSelection.Show();
    16.         }
    how to make the UiTeamSelecion be enabled only when the Lobby is Hidden? i created a Play button in Lobby Panel

20. mischa2k

mischa2k

Did you see that uMOBA already has a lobby built in?

21. Savate7

Savate7

When login it go directly to TeamSelection Panel

22. mischa2k

mischa2k

Yes. So you want an offline scene? Check out Mirror on github, we have a some examples that might be useful.

23. gweijie

gweijie

Hey I bought your umoba asset but I can't get the game to run locally on unity, the lobby scene doesn't seem to run. After I click on server and run, nothing happens.

24. mischa2k

mischa2k

Please use Unity 2018.3.6 exactly :)

25. gweijie

gweijie

will you be updating for newer unity versions?

26. mischa2k

mischa2k

When Unity 2019.4 LTS is released :)

27. gweijie

gweijie

awesome thank you! Is there a guide for deploying this to a hosted server? How do i get multiple matches running concurrently? Is there documentation for that?

28. mischa2k

mischa2k

You would have to start one game server per match.
    Hosting guide should be in the documentation. If not, check out the one in the ummorpg.net documentation - it's the same steps :)

29. sTorrr

sTorrr

30. mischa2k

mischa2k

31. sTorrr

sTorrr

But do you think it is possible to rewrite everything you do in your asset to DOTS? Wtith convertion method or from scratch? One important aspect of the DOTS multiplayer I think is the syncronization between each frame for each player to prevent skipping or something. Will it be possible to notice any difference in performance between DOTS multiplayer and mirror for increasing size of game?

32. mischa2k

mischa2k

Mirror is 100% MonoBehaviour based, it's not compatible with ECS.
    For ECS, check out my new DOTSNET library. It should be out any day now and you could make a MOBA game with it.

That being said, I don't plan to make a ECS MOBA template this time. Maybe an MMO ECS template though.

33. sTorrr

sTorrr

Ok, nice. I would like to learn how to make lots of advanced heroes with different features. Is this included in uMOBA or just simple attack animation and leveling system that will increase stats? there is so many advanced spells from over 100 possible heroes in Dota that can impact friendly and enemy heroes. channeling, aoe, skillshots, heal, speed boost, passive abilities, stuns, slows. And all these have different stats based on level. then we have all the different items that work together with spells and boost damage. Moba such as Dota is verry advanced and would probably not be possible to remake with uMOBA alone?

34. mischa2k

mischa2k

Only what you see in the WebGL demo is included.
    You can extend it of course, that's the goal :)

35. BroVodo

BroVodo

Component GUI Layer in Main Camera for Scene Assets/uMOBA/Scenes/World.unity is no longer available.
    It will be removed after you edit this GameObject and save the Scene.

error message in 20193.13f1 in World scene

same/very similar error message in Lobby scene

plus this warning:

Component at index 2 could not be loaded when loading game object 'Main Camera'. Removing it!

I'm trying to run the demo game. I had to change some code (a text control) to the newer ui system just to get rid of error messages on import.

Now the game can run from the Lobby scene but clicking on "Server & Play" (Play and Host?) shows a popup that has no text message, only a "got it " button.

36. mischa2k

mischa2k

Unity 2018.3.6 is recommended until 2019.4 LTS is released.
    For your error simply remove the GUILayer from the camera :)

BroVodo likes this.
  37. BroVodo

BroVodo

38. mischa2k

mischa2k

39. BroVodo

BroVodo

Sorry to panic you, 2019-lts is crashing by itself unrelated to your product, there are a bunch of people complaining in the thread I linked to.

mischa2k likes this.
  40. yborodajev

yborodajev

hi,
    I just bought an asset, threw the scene and immediately an error. What kind of nonsense ?.
    upload_2020-6-16_22-28-38.png

Assets\Standard Assets\Utility\SimpleActivatorMenu.cs(10,16): error CS0619: 'GUIText' is obsolete: 'GUIText has been removed. Use UI.Text instead.'

41. mischa2k

mischa2k

Use Unity 2018.3.6 please.
    Will upgrade to 2019.4 LTS some time this month.

42. yborodajev

yborodajev

How to create lobby better then this? and how to create find match, like in Dota 2? online ? i need server, and how to do this button - found match ?

43. yborodajev

yborodajev

and its still 1 month done, and still same error - Assets\Standard Assets\Utility\SimpleActivatorMenu.cs(10,16): error CS0619: 'GUIText' is obsolete: 'GUIText has been removed. Use UI.Text instead.'

44. sabbath1989

sabbath1989

Hi, I'm trying to buy the asset, but I have some questions.
    1- is it possible to host the game on a linux server and can players create similar rooms there?
    2- is there any plan to improve the asset leaving it with a login system and the most important system to reconnect the game in case of a fall?

45. Blooddarkness

Blooddarkness

waiting for this... 6 month later :-(

46. joshua2504

joshua2504

Is that done yet?

47. unity_915378AD9406F63B7770

unity_915378AD9406F63B7770

Hello, is it still available to use? And if so, how do I get it? because I want to make a moba and everyone recommended the one here but I don't know where or how to download it

48. DatBoiTommy

DatBoiTommy

Hi vis I'm really interested in purchasing this but I've seen it hasn't been updated in quite some time. Do you plan on re-releasing an updated remaster similar to uMMORPG? I'm sure plenty of people would really love that!

49. mischa2k

mischa2k

Not planned, sorry.
    uMMORPG / uSurvival have priority because I need both of them for my own game(s) :)

50. dawnseeker8

dawnseeker8

hello, i recently bough the Umoba framework, i like it a lot, thank you for your effort.
    The only thing is currently i only can run it up to Unity version 2019.4.28 LTS after some small change. and if i switch to latest LTS unity 2020.3.13 LTS, because Unity abandon UNet, the game will have a lot of Network issue during running.

Do you have plan to upgrade the umoba to adapt to Unity 2020.3.13 LTS .