Search Unity

1. All Pro and Enterprise subscribers: find helpful & inspiring creative, tech, and business know-how in the new Unity Success Hub. Sign in to stay up to date.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

uMMORPG Official Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by vis2k, Dec 29, 2015.

1. PrincessLuna

PrincessLuna

Ok, thanks for clarifying!

2. vis2k

vis2k

V2.26 pending review!
    Batching & new Kcp are HUGE CCU improvements.
    Make sure to use it and use the new window size defaults.

2021-02-08_12-28-23@2x.png

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  3. vis2k

vis2k

Remastered V2.27 pending review
    2021-02-14_20-02-07@2x.png

4. vis2k

vis2k

Remastered V2.28 pending review:
    2021-02-19_16-42-16@2x.png

5. Magic73

Magic73

Hi Vis,

Is there a guide or a video tutorial that explains how to set up a scene from scratch, without having to start from the demo included in the package and go and remove everything you don't need?

6. vis2k

vis2k

It's a lot easier to just remove what you don't want from the already working example scene :)

7. vis2k

vis2k

V2.29 pending review:
    2021-02-24_13-47-38@2x.png

8. vis2k

vis2k

V2.30 pending review:
    2021-03-06_16-45-18@2x.png

9. MHDev2019

MHDev2019

Hi there,

a few questions:

• In the Maincamera you can modify the View Blocking Layery options - I played around and didn't find a way to just prevent users from moving the camera below the surface. Is there a way to just prevent looking below the surface without having the camera jump closely when you walk under a tree? I basically just want to stop users from looking below the map and keep everything else normal.
    • In the player prefabs you can set a max level and Experience Max > Multiplier and Base value. I could not find info on that in the documentation - so how do the values there exactly work - maybe you have an example somewhere that explains it a bit.
    Thanks for your time so far.

10. vis2k

vis2k

First one: well you could make it block just for the terrain layer I guess. not trees.
    check the exp formula in the code please. I think it's +10% more exp needed per level by default.
    different games use different methods. I just used the one from an MMO I played a long time ago :)

11. MHDev2019

MHDev2019

Greetings again and thans for your replies so far.

I got three more quick questions:
    • There is a php script mentioned in the forums which can be used to register a new account. However, I could not find a reference to the script anywhere while searching the forums. Is this still available somewhere?
    • I tried finding the color references for the chat colors (like red for info messages and so on. Could you point me to the location where the colors are set so I can change this easily without looking for hours for it :)
    • Is there a code snippet (probably php if possible) on how to create a new password? If a user loses his password, it's hard to reset manually without such a snippet :)

Thanks for this great project so far.

12. vis2k

vis2k

It's in the Database.cs IsValidLogin function as comment.
    But it's really more pseudo code. The idea is that your website has account management and your game server asks your website if the login is valid.
    I suppose you could use any other login system too. Mirror has custom authenticators for that reason.

Playerchat component has configurable channels in the inspector.

Same as first answer. Imho don't manage your own accounts. Would be really difficult for an indie dev to worry about spambots, hackers, etc. There are a lot of services where you can log in with google account, epic account, etc.
    Google is way better with managing accounts. Might as well let them worry about it.

13. KVinS

KVinS

Why is the AI placed in the update instead of the fixed update? Is this for more precise animation transitions?
    I am considering delaying the update. For example, do work only every 10 method calls to distribute the load over time.

In the 2d remaster assembly, you also forgot to exclude this.

Also, I cannot find cert.example.json for a secure connection.

14. vis2k

vis2k

Sorry, Mirror is an open source project and the websocket transport was made by someone else. Never tried it myself.

As for AI: Update because they use navmesh for movement. Fixedupate is meant for physx stuff.

15. KVinS

KVinS

As you say, but it seemed to me that its application is a little more flexible.

Tell me where can I write about the problems with missing partial / virtual classes?

And hardcoded text inside classes? This makes it difficult to make a nice localization.

I use 2D remastered, but as I understand it, they have one core with the 3D version.

16. vis2k

vis2k

You can open an issue on the issue tracker:
    https://github.com/vis2k/uMMORPG2D/issues

17. MHDev2019

MHDev2019

Hi there,

I've got a little request for som sample code - not because i am lazy, but because I want to learn a bit more to change things since I am still very new to all this. I understand code - that's not the problem as I am a php developer - I am just new to Unity / ummorpg, so here are a few requests for sample code that will help me learn more how things work.

Example 1
    Maybe someone could post a snippet how I can send a simple message to a player's chat window. Let's take for example the script Entity.cs

Let's say I want to use this function:

Code (CSharp):
    1.     protected virtual void OnTriggerEnter(Collider col)
    2.     {
    3.         // check if trigger first to avoid GetComponent tests for environment
    4.         if (col.isTrigger && col.GetComponent<SafeZone>())
    5.             inSafeZone = true;
    6.     }
    and I want to show a player in the chat window that he entered a safe zone. Could someone add a code snippet with all requirements / lines to send a message like "You entered a safe zone" to the players chat.

Example 2:

Now let's go further - how would I do the same thing like above, just that I want to open a popup to show that message. Could someone paste a code snippet to open a popup / info window (that exists like when you died) that shows the same... "You entered a safe zone"

Request 3
    Is there a simple way to search for colors and replace them. For example, right no all windows are brownish - how would I search for this color code and replace it for example with #f6f6f6 (light gray)

I believe all this would help me a lot to understand the structure better to make all this work for my planned game. I know it sounds silly talking about an own game with my knowledge yet, but as I said, I learn fast if I understand the whole concept.

Thanks

18. KVinS

KVinS

Do not forget that if you change the core of the engine, then when you update, all your changes will be rolled back.
    You have several options. The simplest thing is to use the info-chat.
    Code (CSharp):
    1.         if (Player.localPlayer)
    2.             Player.localPlayer.chat.AddMsgInfo("You entered a safe zone");
    If you want a different channel, then do something like this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if (Player.localPlayer)
    2.             UIChat.singleton.AddMessage(new ChatMessage("Someone", Player.localPlayer.chat.partyChannel.identifierIn, "You entered a safe zone", "", Player.localPlayer.chat.partyChannel.textPrefab));
    For regular information notifications, I made colliders that only work locally and removed them from the server to avoid unnecessary checks.

The respawn popup simply checks the health of the local character every frame.
    UIRespawn.cs

Most of the colors are customizable through the inspector.

But do you understand exactly the concept of development in unity? It might be worth starting with a little offline game to understand the concept of unity?

MHDev2019 likes this.
  19. KVinS

KVinS

Better one big or many small? I often run into problems and am not sure if I can structure them well with my knowledge of English.

By the way, is there any way to make a dynamic obstacle in the 2D version? I want to make a dynamic maze. So far I have not come up with anything better than permanent walls + dynamic teleports.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  20. MHDev2019

MHDev2019

@KVinS Thanks for your detailed reply. t helped me a lot understanduing things better. I understand the concepts, so the reason for asking is to quickly find around the code better. For example your hint about the UIRespawn.cs already helped me a lot understanding the code and structure better :)

That said, thanks again for your help.

21. vis2k

vis2k

uMMORPG Remastered V2.31 pending review!
    2021-03-27_12-34-34@2x.png

22. MHDev2019

MHDev2019

Hi there,

I am looking for someone who would be interested in doing some ummorpg paid jobs. Basically minimalistic features / additions such as:

• a window that opens when you click an item in your inventory (to be used as book or recipe book)
    • making two or three characters or monsters to ummorpg
    • adding a male archer / female warrior to the player selection
    • creating a collider that opens the craftinng window (to place it in front of an anvil for smithing)
    • creating a collider that opens the storage window (for bank counter - GFF Storage addon)
    • creating a collider that takes away either mana or health (with options in the prefab for HP or MP give/take)
    If someone is interested in such mini jobs, please start a conversation with me. I'm not a discord etc fan, so a simple conversation would do the job :)

I posted this here as this is more related than the job forum as its all about ummorpg.

23. vis2k

vis2k

V2.32 pending review:
    2021-04-15_11-15-13@2x.png

24. RatBytes

RatBytes

@vis2k Thank you for updating the classic <3 :)

vis2k likes this.
  25. haohaorena

haohaorena

where is player spawn code? seems all players share same spawn point

26. vis2k

vis2k

NetworkManagerMMO.cs :)

27. haohaorena

haohaorena

thanks

28. haohaorena

haohaorena

how to make scenes more than one? it not have any detail in the docment。it is in NetworkManagerMMO.cs?

29. vis2k

vis2k

Mirror supports additive scene loading.
    If you are asking about dungeons, check out the built in solution with z stacked instances.

30. haohaorena

haohaorena

i wanna to implemente a area damage skill,how i make skill prfab in mouse position? by the way,NetworkServer.Spawn() can use anywhere?(client?) or just run in server?

31. haohaorena

haohaorena

where is the serve main proceed?

32. vis2k

vis2k

V2.33 pending review:
    2021-05-08_20-38-34@2x.png

33. ttf001

ttf001

Hi, after the last update, all monsters and NPC disappear and following warning messages shows in the console:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Directional Light') is missing!
    2. UnityEngine.Resources:LoadAll(String)
    3. ScriptableSkill:get_All() (at Assets/uMMORPG/Scripts/ScriptableSkill.cs:191)
    4. Skill:get_data() (at Assets/uMMORPG/Scripts/Skill.cs:53)
    5. Skill:get_name() (at Assets/uMMORPG/Scripts/Skill.cs:58)
    6. Monster:LateUpdate() (at Assets/uMMORPG/Scripts/Monster.cs:83)
    And 40+ same messages for multiples classes...
    I don't understand why.
    I have also errors with player chats, but not always and without modifying of any lines.
    (sorry for my bad English)

34. vis2k

vis2k

please see updating chapter in the documentation.
    you can't just press the asset store update button :)

35. ttf001

ttf001

I deleted Library folder 4 times, I followed the guide

36. vis2k

vis2k

The part about cherry picking.
    If you modify your project, then you can't just press the asset store update button and expect it to update.
    Asset store update merely overwrites files.

You will have to start cherry picking important changes into your project carefully.

37. haohaorena

haohaorena

Is all entity update in all clients?

38. haohaorena

haohaorena

it is the entity always spawn in all client? even if it is not to update?

39. vis2k

vis2k

Only the ones around the player. Check the Mirror documentation on interest management please.

40. haohaorena

haohaorena

ok

41. haohaorena

haohaorena

because i am in china.it is not easy to get documentation in github.

42. vis2k

vis2k

43. haohaorena

haohaorena

well, i found the interest management.but i am confused.i have a visionLv and HideLv in Entity.and when visionLv>HideLv,the entity can be see. however,i can not to get entity in interest management.maybe it have another way to implement this,but i can not find any detail in the documentation.

Last edited: May 21, 2021
  44. PrincessLuna

PrincessLuna

What is the point of spawning OneTime visual effects on the server?

If I have many monsters on screen, is it ok to generate tons of effects on server while all targets are being damaged once every 0.33 seconds? I could just spawn these effects via rpc instead.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
unityunity