Search Unity

uMMORPG Official Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mischa2k, Dec 29, 2015.

1. mischa2k

mischa2k

try to use only the TelepathyTransport instead

2. cidolfas2015

cidolfas2015

I unchecked apathy and I stopped getting the socket spam, still got ebadf and eacces. The eacces might be creating the other problem tho. Now I am stuck on connecting, tried all sorts of logins and nothing worked :(.

edit: this is the latest state I've come to after all the recommendations. ENOTSOCK again! now it's on the client side. I took apathy transport off the fallback transport, but it still says "apathy transport initialized".

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  3. cidolfas2015

cidolfas2015

I just bought the ce edition too, because I want to have a more physics based movement than point to click.

4. mischa2k

mischa2k

Remove Apathy from the Networkmanager, only use Telepathy

5. cidolfas2015

cidolfas2015

just remove it completely? okie dokie.

6. ScorphiusMultiplayer

ScorphiusMultiplayer

Hi,

That channel does not have any pinned messages. (Official Network Zones)
    Thank you.

7. anton_unity158

anton_unity158

Hi, I just purchased the component version of this and I want to use it for a small paid project for a pediatric surgeon conference next month. I built a PC server and put it on AWS and ran it. I built a PC client and ran it from my development machine and it connected to the server perfectly.

But then I built a webgl client and ran it and it failed with this error:

Code (JavaScript):
    1. fb9aea15-1ece-4a86-a0e5-f31df0eb0cc1:8 Exception: No transport suitable for this platform
    2.   at Mirror.FallbackTransport.GetAvailableTransport () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0
    3. (Filename: currently not available on il2cpp Line: -1)
    Is there a problem using this with a PC server and a webgl client?

8. cidolfas2015

cidolfas2015

this is what I'm getting with apathy completely removed from the network manager. I think it's some setting with the server because it says system.net.sockets access denied. On the client it just goes straight to disconnect.

edit: I read that someone says this happens if you put a model on a copied prefab. I'm gonna refine my prefabs and try again later tonight.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  9. mischa2k

mischa2k

Add the WebsocketTransport to NetworkManager and drag it into the FallbackTransport

10. mischa2k

mischa2k

CE V2.12 [released 2020-04-12]: Important bug fix release. uMMORPG Components Edition now has 0 open bugs on the issue tracker!
    • Bandit Boss: Sword Throw ranged skill added
    • fix: TargetProjectileSkill works for monsters without weapons now too. Previously ConsumeRequiredWeaponsAmmo would give a NullReferenceException because monsters don't have an equipment component.
    • PlayerCharacterControllerMovement: MOUNTED states added. Fixes a bug where jumping in the water while mounted would start constant ping-ponging between swimming and idle.
    • Player prefabs: PlayerCharacterControllerMovement underwater threshold set back to 0.7 like in uRPG. fixes a bug where the player would start swimming way too late when mounted

shyamarama likes this.
  11. cidolfas2015

cidolfas2015

so I put apathy back in the network manager and kept the port at 7777 without dropping it down to 22 since you can't run sockets on anything less than 1024. seems to be working now. thanks for the help!

mischa2k likes this.
  12. mischa2k

mischa2k

Thanks for letting me know. I should actually add a check for that :)

13. mischa2k

mischa2k

14. cidolfas2015

cidolfas2015

so I'm stealing your login system and using it for my game. muwhahahaha. however it won't create a character on the character create screen.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    NetworkManagerMMO.CreateCharacter (UnityEngine.GameObject classPrefab, System.String characterName, System.String account, System.Boolean gameMaster) (at Assets/ummorpg/Scripts/NetworkManagerMMO.cs:366)
    NetworkManagerMMO.OnServerCharacterCreate (Mirror.NetworkConnection conn, CharacterCreateMsg message) (at Assets/ummorpg/Scripts/NetworkManagerMMO.cs:411)
    Mirror.MessagePacker+<>c__DisplayClass6_0`2[T,C].<MessageHandler>b__0 (Mirror.NetworkConnection conn, Mirror.NetworkReader reader, System.Int32 channelId) (at Assets/ummorpg/Plugins/Mirror/Runtime/MessagePacker.cs:146)
    Mirror.NetworkConnection.InvokeHandler (System.Int32 msgType, Mirror.NetworkReader reader, System.Int32 channelId) (at Assets/ummorpg/Plugins/Mirror/Runtime/NetworkConnection.cs:219)
    Mirror.NetworkConnection.TransportReceive (System.ArraySegment`1[T] buffer, System.Int32 channelId) (at Assets/ummorpg/Plugins/Mirror/Runtime/NetworkConnection.cs:272)
    Mirror.ULocalConnectionToServer.Send (System.ArraySegment`1[T] segment, System.Int32 channelId) (at Assets/ummorpg/Plugins/Mirror/Runtime/LocalConnections.cs:97)
    Mirror.NetworkConnection.Send[T] (T msg, System.Int32 channelId) (at Assets/ummorpg/Plugins/Mirror/Runtime/NetworkConnection.cs:150)
    Mirror.NetworkClient.Send[T] (T message, System.Int32 channelId) (at Assets/ummorpg/Plugins/Mirror/Runtime/NetworkClient.cs:248)
    UICharacterCreation.<Update>b__7_1 () (at Assets/ummorpg/Scripts/_UI/UICharacterCreation.cs:44)
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:166)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent_0.cs:58)
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/Button.cs:66)
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/Button.cs:108)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:50)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:261)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update() (at

I think I put everything in their slots right. the characters are showing up in the dropdown window but when I hit create nothing happens. what could be causing this error?
    also my popup panel doesn't work to tell me I disconnected.

edit: I think it's something with the CharacterCreateMsg in uicharactercreation?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  15. cidolfas2015

cidolfas2015

I think an easy way to work around this would be to reestablish the prefabs, but when I add player.cs to a prefab I get this error: the script class can't be abstract. I noticed it's a player:entity class how do I add it?

16. cidolfas2015

cidolfas2015

I haven't solved the problem yet, but I did encounter a new problem. The popup panel is definitely not popping up because of:
    unassignedreferenceexception: the variable panel of UIPopup has not been assigned.
    I put the popuppanel in the panel slot on the uipopup script and I'm still getting this message.

edit: interesting to note. I clicked this error and it took me to the network manager. I already had the UI ui popup populated Popup(uipopup).

post post script: the uipopup message has gone away but it still doesn't populate a popup. I will look into this later tonight.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  17. cidolfas2015

cidolfas2015

ok I got the character to spawn, even though I have no popups. he's spawning way off target but I can fix that(I think). I'll try to keep you up to date as I dig through this login system some more.
    edit: all characters are spawning at 0,0,0 even though I have selection locations setup in the network manager. Gonna investigate this more thoroughly.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    mischa2k likes this.
  18. cidolfas2015

cidolfas2015

when I hit login it says "login successful: admin" on the console. However it's not saving this login information in the database because everytime I log in it shows no saved features. I have the database.cs file loaded into the network manager. here's a little video I have showing where I am getting stuck.

19. mischa2k

mischa2k

Hey, please join the community discord (see my signature). There are about 4000 people all helping each other out :)

20. cidolfas2015

cidolfas2015

I did, and I sent bernard my order no. got help really fast!

edit: I posted the question in the help section and two guys helped me right away. the null reference was referring to the spawn point and some items that weren't slotted properly. thanks for the help!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    mischa2k likes this.
  21. ScorphiusMultiplayer

ScorphiusMultiplayer

Hi,

That (official network channel ) does not have any pinned messages. (Official Network Zones).
    Is there a working Network Zones for uMmorpg ?
    Thank you.

22. mischa2k

mischa2k

uMMORPG has instanced dungeons built in.
    I believe this is a better way to do it for indie developers.
    NetworkZones are hard. For example, if you have 10 zones then you will have to maintain 10 dedicated servers. That is a lot of work :)

shyamarama likes this.
  23. mischa2k

mischa2k

uMMORPG Classic V1.190 [released 2020-04-24]
    • Mirror v11.4.1 (includes 10k monsters performance doubling)
    • NetworkManagerMMO: remove outdated OnServerAddPlayer hook
    • fix: TargetProjectileSkill works for monsters without weapons now too
    • fix: Pet is now spawned as owned by the player. Fixes a bug where pet commands couldn't be called.

ScorphiusMultiplayer likes this.
  24. ScorphiusMultiplayer

ScorphiusMultiplayer

Ok. Got your point.
    And thanks for all your updates. They are very helpful.

I have a question.
    I was trying to implement a jump flip (backwards) on the monster. The animation plays and monster flips back at some distance.
    But the new position is not synced.

I have no issues when the monster runs or does any other attack.

Is it Mirror/Unet or Navmesh limitation ?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    mischa2k likes this.
  25. mischa2k

mischa2k

Monsters use navmesh so there is no real jumping. You can play the animation though.

26. Phdnewbie

Phdnewbie

Hi,
    I got "Network_accept failed: ENOTSOCK" errors while trying to install a headless server on a linux Ubuntu dedicated server. Could anyone able to help please?

Thanks,

Attached Files:

27. mischa2k

mischa2k

Which ubuntu version?
    32 bit or 64 bit?

If you go to your networkmanager then you can also remove Apathy and only use Telepathy. that will work too.

28. sidgincompany

sidgincompany

Hello everyone! If you need to update the game, you can use SG Patcher. The system has been successfully tested on uMMORPG. Thank you!

29. Phdnewbie

Phdnewbie

Hi,
    I am using ubuntu version 18.04.4 LTS x86_64. I unchecked Apathy in networkmanager and got different error messages Please see the attached txt file for the errors.

Thanks every one for the input,

Attached Files:

30. mischa2k

mischa2k

That's odd, because that's exactly the version that I compiled apathy on.
    According to the error log, you still use apathy (network_bind etc.).
    Can you post a screenshot of your networkmanager please?

31. Phdnewbie

Phdnewbie

Hi,
    Thank you for your quick reply. Please see the attached png files of the networkmanager.

Attached Files:

32. Phdnewbie

Phdnewbie

Please see the full printouts of networkmanager from these two attached png files.

Thanks

Attached Files:

33. mischa2k

mischa2k

You need to remove the Apathy component completely :)

34. mischa2k

mischa2k

CE V2.13 pending review:
    • fix: Combat.cs blockChance and criticalChance inversed
    • UICharacterCreation: remove unnecessary Hide call
    • Mirror updated to V13.0.2
    • NetworkProximityGridChecker updated for latest Mirror
    • Apathy updated to latest version. Improves high CCU situations where previously error messages would be spammed way too much.

35. mischa2k

mischa2k

CE V2.14 pending review:
    • Anti Speedhack checks on server
    • fix: PlayerCharacterController.FixedUpdate now calculates the correct velocity when applying combined moves. Previously it didn't divide by fixedDeltaTime.
    • PlayerCharacterControllerMovement.Update: isLocalPlayer check added

36. mischa2k

mischa2k

CE V2.15 pending review:
    • Database.CharacterLoad: spawn position on navmesh check moved into Movement.cs. Now only NavMesh movement checks if spawn point is on NavMesh, and CharacterController movement can spawn anywhere else.
    • Removed circular RequireComponent dependencies. Fixes https://github.com/vis2k/uMMORPG_CE/issues/12
    • Fix: mounted swimming uses acceleration now https://github.com/vis2k/uMMORPG_CE/issues/11
    • PlayerCharacterControllerMovement: removed custom acceleration/deceleration in all states. GetInputDirection now respects the GetAxis acceleration/deceleration by only normalizing when necessary, which gives a more consistent acceleration/deceleration in all states.
    • Input Settings: Horizontal and Vertical axis gravity increased to 10

37. Balmyrian

Balmyrian

Hello! You'll no doubt find this a noob question, it probably is. I'm an owner of both Basic and CE UMMORPG. Thanks for releasing CE!

I had my devs build a root motion-based ARPG combat controller (with active block and dodge) outside of UMMORPG. I was wondering if, successfully bringing the functions of that controller into CE is going to be possible.

My original plan was to only make "cosmetic" edits to CE (changing animations and so on) but after tinkering with it a while it seems it's more adaptable than I thought. I'm trying to figure out how much it really is before I send any of my devs on the job, if the networking will be ok with it or not, etc.

Love what you've done, keep it up, stay strong.

38. Hi-Joe

Hi-Joe

The latest classic version V1.191 cannot complete ios packaging, error: IOS Symbol(s) not find architecture Arm64, Undefined symbol _network_send, but the old version such as V1.185 does not have this problem and can build ios13 devices normally, please ask the new Does update V1.191 support ios13?
    After I completely remove Apathy, Well can build via xcode, but there are new problems, I cannot start the host service, what am I missing?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    mischa2k likes this.
  39. Hi-Joe

Hi-Joe

this is xcode log

Attached Files:

40. mischa2k

mischa2k

Hi, I have this on my ToDo list already and will look into it in the next 14 days.
    Someone reported this before but I couldn't figure out how to reproduce it then.

Hi-Joe likes this.
  41. barbugamer

barbugamer

Hey mate can i get your Discord there is something that i have to tell u about a asset that i saw that you have

if you want please contact me BarbuGamerYT#8214

42. Spaghetti_blacc

Spaghetti_blacc

Hey everyone,

Its been a while since I've used Unity, I gathered a bunch of assets and addons I'm looking to put together for a quick uMMORPG project I can keep building on top of. I'd be willing to pay to have someone look at my file and quickly patch my assets/addons together. Message or reply if interested.

Thanks and best regards,

43. mischa2k

mischa2k

Nobody cares about your trolling anymore. This happens every year. Move on, find happiness in your life.

44. gghitman69

gghitman69

the flight has already started when there was UMMORPG CE because the first UMMORPG has not been updated since that day
    UMMORPG CE is better organized
    now it is on the Entity part of the server and will output a UMMORPG using entity
    nobody released an MMO thanks to this

45. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

I would politely ask that you provide constructive feedback as opposed to literal slandering. I appreciate from your post history that you are frustrated with the product and you've made post after post reflecting this. Please do not let this go down the route of trolling and making this a personal vendetta.

mischa2k likes this.
  46. mischa2k

mischa2k

Development News:
    Finally able to spend time on uMMORPG again after the 6 months crunch of hell trying to release DOTSNET.

Currently optimizing the map to have a fewer triangles and fewer batches for more performance. For example, this is the new dungeon:
    2020-08-17_14-35-06 - new dungeon.png
    And here is the optimized map, it has significantly fewer triangles (~1.4m reduced to ~300k):
    2020-08-17_17-48-46.png

The goal is to do the long planned 1000 CCU community test this year.
    • Will finish the mesh optimizations (including two new characters) in 1-3 days.
    • Afterwards uMMORPG CE / Mirror optimizations based on lessons learned from DOTSNET
    Coincidentally my laptop battery broke, so I had to downgrade to a somewhat dated 2015 laptop. This turned out to be great because it's way easier to expose performance bottlenecks. uMMORPG CE used to run at 40 FPS on my old laptop - now it's 100-130 FPS already :)

Will stay on that machine until all the optimizations are finished, and then probably get a newer one so we can both run the test, and film with a reasonable frame rate this time. The 500 CCU community test was a bit too much for my GPU:

Hi-Joe and shyamarama like this.
  47. mischa2k

mischa2k

uMMORPG CE V2.19 pending review:
    2020-08-19_13-01-02.png

48. Hi-Joe

Hi-Joe

Thanks for posting the new update, it works well.

mischa2k likes this.
  49. mischa2k

mischa2k

JBR-games likes this.
  50. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

Hi there @vis2k !
    I'm interested in uMMORPG CE but reading the docs I found some things that worried me a lot:
    1- uMMORPG only supports a single scene! (wtf??)
    2- dungeon instances are done by physically duplicating a dungeon in that very same scene but far away (z-stacking)
    3- no physics mention in the docs

So, only a single static scene? No additive scene loading to stream a large world?
    What world size is uMMORPG designed for then?
    Because Unity uses floats to store coordinates, meaning it gradually loses precision the farther away you go from the world origin VERY FAST. This means player movements will be coarser and coarser up until it feels buggy. Not only player movements, but graphic rendering gets buggy too (unless you use HDRP, which I will not).
    I have personally experienced this on a large scene of my own and it wasn't even an MMO-grade world.
    A single scene also means that all Unity clients will have to manage the full world rendering, no matter were they are in the map. This will make Unity choke.
    A single scene also means that the exterior world and every dungeon in the game will have to share the same physical space, making the lack of floating point precision even worse.
    And duplicating dungeons in the distance to make instances (Z-Stacking) will worsen this issue even more.
    Also no physics mention. So, the server doesn't support physics? (not really that big of a problem, but it would be nice to know how is this handled).

Maybe I'm not understanding it, but I don't see how I could make an MMO world with this limitations.
    I was thinking of a Lineage II world size.