Search Unity

uMMORPG Official Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by vis2k, Dec 29, 2015.

1. vis2k

vis2k

2. MHDev2019

MHDev2019

Greetings,

being a new buyer (any new to Unity), I wanted to post a few questions as it seems like they were not answered yet (forum search). Maybe the answers will be useful to some people including me. That said, excuse the newbie'ish questions if there is such a thing.

1.) Is there a quick way changing the white background (next to the terrain borders) to something like black. I know the developer has added some mountains to make it look nice but in general black would be a better background for starters. This is probably a Unity question, still I'm sure newbies like me would appreciate a hint.

2.) This is probably related to question 1.) - Is there a way to add a sky texture so if a player looks up, there would be clouds or something similar.

3.) Where would I edit the coordinates for the character selection screen / the one where you select the character that you want to play after the login process)?

4.) I noticed some animated grass on random map locations and wonder where the locations of the grass can be edited or how to remove / add such grass.

That is all for now :)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  3. vis2k

vis2k

Hey. First of, check out our discord (see my signature). That's the easiest and fastest way to get answers.

1) Main camera's clear color
    2) Change main camera's setting from clear color to skybox
    3) Find the NetworkManager in the Hierarchy. Check out the child objects, those are the places.
    4) That's Unity's terrain editor. Find the terrain, edit it :)

MHDev2019 likes this.
  4. MHDev2019

MHDev2019

Thanks for the answers. They are greatly appreciated.

A few more questions:

1.) How hard would it be creating a female warrior and a male archer? If there is someone who would be interested in helping with that, it would be greatly appreciated (no I don't specifically ask for free stuff)

2.) Are there any tutorials available on:
    + how to create items that can be picked up from the floor
    + how to gather a resource by clicking on a tree (wth chances to get the resource)
    + how to create a spell scroll that teleports the player somewhere

3.) I also wonder if there are any freelancers available on here who would be interested in doing minimal modifications / addons. If so, please do start a conversation.

4.) In the forums its mentioned that you can uncomment a line to prevent the camera from going below the ground. I cannot find commented code (except comments) to uncomment to stop the camera from going below the terrain.

As mentioned before, I am new to Unity / ummorpg but I am learning fast once someone leads me to a solution :)

Thanks for now.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  5. witcherx

witcherx

In the previous versions, I used to set "LocalPlayerAuthority" in the Inspector and my physics based movement for the Player used to work fine. Now in the new version, this option does not exist.

Please help, as my player movement is broken after the new Mirror update.

I need to set a behavior similar like "LocalPlayerAuthority" in the new Version for client Players.

Attached Files:

6. vis2k

vis2k

We decided to remove that feature from Mirror, sorry.
    You can still do local authority for individual components though. But before, checking the box would assume that it works for all components - which it never did. None of our components except NetworkTransform respected local authority.

So try modifying your movement component to trust the client instead.

By the way, the new uMMORPG Components Edition is pending review already. It will have character controller movement done right :)

I really wouldn't recommend anyone trying to do this themselves. This is extremely painful to get right.

7. vis2k

vis2k

1) Not hard. You just switch you the prefab's "3D Model" child object. See the documentation for a step by step guide.

2) If you have my uSurvival asset then you can see one way to do pick up items. Someone also made an addon for drop items for uMMORPG, check out our discord.
    Same about gathering resources. But be careful with that one. If you have 10k trees and make all of them a NetworkIdentity then you run into performance issues quickly.
    For spell scroll simply inherit from ScriptableItem. See the example scripts to learn how this works.

3) Might want to ask in our discord.

4) The camera has that feature build in now. See the camera component -> view blocking layers.

8. witcherx

witcherx

Networking is a black box for me. SmoothSync and MyNetworkAnimator would take care of my my individual components.
    So, is it possible to add that option back ? It was very useful.

9. witcherx

witcherx

Hi, please ignore previous comments.
    My movement - component is working again. Had to do some manipulation.
    Thank you @vis2k for your quick replies.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    vis2k likes this.
  10. srknclk5578

srknclk5578

Merhaba. karus ve insani seçenekler eklenecek mi?

11. vis2k

vis2k

English please

12. MHDev2019

MHDev2019

Hi there,

could someone enlighten me how to check if a player has a required item in his/her inventory by looking up the item name and getting the amount from the inventory.

My code (in the addon Addon) looks like this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. //main void for gathering start button
    2. public void Start_Gathering(Player player)
    3. {
    4. // the following returns either Pickaxe, Knife or a Rod
    5. CheckSpecialToolSubGroup(player);
    7. if (checkifplayerhasitem(SpecialTool) < 1) {
    8. player.chat.AddMsgInfo("You need a "+SpecialTool+ " to gather this type of resource.");
    9. } else {
    10.         GatheringStart(player);
    11. }
    12. }
    So what I basically what I need to know is how the checkifplayerhasitem function would look like so I can check if the player has at least 1 of the required tool in his/her inventory.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

13. srknclk5578

srknclk5578

[QUOTE = "vis2k, posta: 5304420, üye: 926794"] İngilizce lütfen [/ QUOTE]
    'Hello .
    Will karus and human race options be added?

14. vis2k

vis2k

Try Entity.InventoryCount!

What is 'karus'?

15. vis2k

vis2k

V1.183 pending review:
    • fix QuestsOnLocation warning on clients
    • ApathyTransport updated to latest version: separate client and server max tick rates, with client one being higher by default.
    • Apathy updated to latest version; also increased max ticks in the component
    • Mirror updated to latest version to fix a bug where DoServerDisconnect wouldn't save the player after a client disconnected. See also: https://github.com/vis2k/uMMORPG/issues/30
    • Player.OnDestroy tries to remove it from onlinePlayers no matter what. likely fixes https://github.com/vis2k/uMMORPG/issues/28
    • GuildSystem.TerminateGuild: remove from guilds dict so it doesn't grow forever.
    • NetworkNavMeshAgentRubberbanding: removed unused lastSentPosition, epsilon variables
    • Entity.Warp function that is used by all entity types instead of calling agent.Warp directly. This allows for a future bug fix and more control.
    • Warp functions force warp NetworkNavMeshAgent/Rubberbanding instead of trying to detect agent.Warp calls via distance checks. This now works 100% reliably and fixes a bug where short distance warps wouldn't be detected properly (see also: https://github.com/vis2k/uMMORPG/issues/26 )
    • Entity.ResetMovement for consistency with Entity.Warp
    • Player.OnDeath: previous rubberband.ResetMovement call not needed anymore because Entity.OnDeath calls abstract ResetMovement, which calls Player's ResetMovement, which calls rubberband.ResetMovement.
    • Entity.Navigate for consistency with Entity.Warp and .ResetPath

Ziggy86 likes this.
  16. srknclk5578

srknclk5578

17. vis2k

vis2k

Tiny-Tree likes this.
  18. vis2k

vis2k

V1.184 pending review:
    • Utils.ClosestDistance(Entity, Entity) version added for ease of use and to prepare for animation-independent distances
    • Utils.ClosestPoint(Entity, Vector3) version added for ease of use and to prepare for animation-independent distances
    • Utils.ClosestPoint: animation independent calculations to fix a bug where attacking would sometimes be interrupted if the target's hip collider moved slightly further away due to being affected by animations
    • Utils.ClosestDistance: animation independent calculations to fix a bug where attacking would sometimes be interrupted if the target's hip collider moved slightly further away due to being affected by animations
    • Mirror updated to latest version

19. lairdp_unity

lairdp_unity

I bought a copy of uMMORPG 3D and my goal is to use it as the basis for a VR MMORPG (e.g. on Oculus Rift). As I work through it, it's starting to look like it's going to be pretty substantial project, and I'm wondering if anyone else is using uMMORPG this way already, or are working on it, as I'd rather than collaborate than "go it alone". Any suggestions?

20. Friction

Friction

I've uMMORPG Classic and I think the biggest deficiency of the package is a proper multiple zones (scenes) support. I will not buy uMMORPG CE because of that.

Regards,

vortexilation likes this.
  21. vis2k

vis2k

I assume you want to do first person then?
    In that case, check out ummorpg components edition (see ummorpg.net -> uMMORPG CE).
    It has character controller movement and you could set the camera zoom to '0' for first person. That's what I do in my other uSurvival asset.

22. srknclk5578

srknclk5578

23. Ony

Ony

I purchased this in 2018 and have just now got around to checking it out, and saw the info about the Components Edition.

I'd like to avoid spending extra for that newer version before I know if I'm going to continue (just kind of playing around with some ideas right now).
    • Should I just go ahead with the Classic version I already own and update to CE later, if I do decide to continue?
    • How difficult is the upgrade path? Would it be wiser to just start with CE now?
    • How different are the code bases from one another?
    • The FAQ mentions a discount for upgrading, if done through the Unity store, but I don't see it in there yet. Any idea on when that would be possible (how long for Unity to approve on average)?
    I'd love to jump in and start playing around but if it's going to be a big pain to go from Classic to CE I'll consider that.

Thanks!

24. vis2k

vis2k

If you want CE, it's better to upgrade now instead of later. If 1 year from now your project is 10x more complex, then it will take you (at least) 10x more time to upgrade. The purchase price for CE is negligible at that point, considering $80 is around 1 programmer hour in america. Maybe less.

It's basically Player.cs and Entity.cs split into several smaller components, but with almost the same code. It's doable to upgrade your project, and someone did that already. But for 99% of the people I think starting on CE is way easier.

You don't need CE and you don't need to spend $80.
    But if you do want CE, then imho avoiding any upgrade pain is way worth $80.

The asset store version has a discount.
    The asset store team has left me waiting since december 14, so one whole month now.
    I hope it will be on the store, but don't hold your breath :)
    Besides, if you buy it directly then you get lifetime git repository access too - that alone is worth it.

25. Ony

Ony

Yeah I'm just really playing around at this point and don't want to put any extra money into something I don't have to, unless I decide to move forward. 80 bucks is 80 bucks. Basically just was wondering how different the code bases are if I do decide to keep going.

26. vis2k

vis2k

27. blackbrosg

blackbrosg

upload_2020-1-19_9-5-3.png

Hi guys, I have my MMORPG already finished and I can't mount the server on the Internet on my PC only works in local, it's so frustrating, should I change something of the network manager? please help me please, thank u

28. vis2k

vis2k

See the hosting guide in the documentation.
    If you do exactly what it says and use exactly the same hoster then it definitely works.
    By the way, looks like you are on the old UNET version. Upgrade to the latest one, it uses Mirror now and the networking is a LOT better.

blackbrosg likes this.
  29. Chandlerya

Chandlerya

This is for a addon so, maybe posting in the wrong spot. I am using the UMA for UMMMORPG Addon and everything works OOB, but I want to allow more slots than the 8 include in the plugin. I am unsure of where the slots are defined, I have them setup in the Player.cs and multiple other spots due to the addons I have in use, but I must be missing a location as I get an error when it tries to use anything configured to select the new slots (any equipment slot above 8) The error I get is generic:
    Exception in UMAGeneratorBuiltin.OnDirtyUpdate: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    at UMAPreviewHelper.RefreshUMALocation (System.Int32 index, ItemSlot slot, UMA.CharacterSystem.DynamicCharacterAvatar umaAvatar, System.Boolean gender) [0x0001a] in D:\Unity Gamemaker\Projects\Terrain creator\Assets\uMMORPG\Addons\OaStudios\uMARPG\Utilities\UMAPreviewHelper.cs:121
    at UMAPreviewHelper+<>c__DisplayClass10_0.<CreateCharacter>b__1 (UMA.UMAData data) [0x000d5] in D:\Unity Gamemaker\Projects\Terrain creator\Assets\uMMORPG\Addons\OaStudios\uMARPG\Utilities\UMAPreviewHelper.cs:101
    at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall`1[T1].Invoke (T1 args0) [0x00018] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\Export\UnityEvent\UnityEvent.cs:207
    at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent`1[T0].Invoke (T0 arg0) [0x00025] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\Export\UnityEvent\UnityEvent\UnityEvent_1.cs:58
    at UMA.

Anyone have any ideas on where the array for the Equipment Slots is defined?
    Thanks

unityunity