Search Unity

uMMORPG Official Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mischa2k, Dec 29, 2015.

1. mischa2k

mischa2k

2. MHDev2019

MHDev2019

Greetings,

being a new buyer (any new to Unity), I wanted to post a few questions as it seems like they were not answered yet (forum search). Maybe the answers will be useful to some people including me. That said, excuse the newbie'ish questions if there is such a thing.

1.) Is there a quick way changing the white background (next to the terrain borders) to something like black. I know the developer has added some mountains to make it look nice but in general black would be a better background for starters. This is probably a Unity question, still I'm sure newbies like me would appreciate a hint.

2.) This is probably related to question 1.) - Is there a way to add a sky texture so if a player looks up, there would be clouds or something similar.

3.) Where would I edit the coordinates for the character selection screen / the one where you select the character that you want to play after the login process)?

4.) I noticed some animated grass on random map locations and wonder where the locations of the grass can be edited or how to remove / add such grass.

That is all for now :)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  3. mischa2k

mischa2k

Hey. First of, check out our discord (see my signature). That's the easiest and fastest way to get answers.

1) Main camera's clear color
    2) Change main camera's setting from clear color to skybox
    3) Find the NetworkManager in the Hierarchy. Check out the child objects, those are the places.
    4) That's Unity's terrain editor. Find the terrain, edit it :)

MHDev2019 likes this.
  4. MHDev2019

MHDev2019

Thanks for the answers. They are greatly appreciated.

A few more questions:

1.) How hard would it be creating a female warrior and a male archer? If there is someone who would be interested in helping with that, it would be greatly appreciated (no I don't specifically ask for free stuff)

2.) Are there any tutorials available on:
    + how to create items that can be picked up from the floor
    + how to gather a resource by clicking on a tree (wth chances to get the resource)
    + how to create a spell scroll that teleports the player somewhere

3.) I also wonder if there are any freelancers available on here who would be interested in doing minimal modifications / addons. If so, please do start a conversation.

4.) In the forums its mentioned that you can uncomment a line to prevent the camera from going below the ground. I cannot find commented code (except comments) to uncomment to stop the camera from going below the terrain.

As mentioned before, I am new to Unity / ummorpg but I am learning fast once someone leads me to a solution :)

Thanks for now.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  5. ScorphiusMultiplayer

ScorphiusMultiplayer

In the previous versions, I used to set "LocalPlayerAuthority" in the Inspector and my physics based movement for the Player used to work fine. Now in the new version, this option does not exist.

Please help, as my player movement is broken after the new Mirror update.

I need to set a behavior similar like "LocalPlayerAuthority" in the new Version for client Players.

Attached Files:

6. mischa2k

mischa2k

We decided to remove that feature from Mirror, sorry.
    You can still do local authority for individual components though. But before, checking the box would assume that it works for all components - which it never did. None of our components except NetworkTransform respected local authority.

So try modifying your movement component to trust the client instead.

By the way, the new uMMORPG Components Edition is pending review already. It will have character controller movement done right :)

I really wouldn't recommend anyone trying to do this themselves. This is extremely painful to get right.

7. mischa2k

mischa2k

1) Not hard. You just switch you the prefab's "3D Model" child object. See the documentation for a step by step guide.

2) If you have my uSurvival asset then you can see one way to do pick up items. Someone also made an addon for drop items for uMMORPG, check out our discord.
    Same about gathering resources. But be careful with that one. If you have 10k trees and make all of them a NetworkIdentity then you run into performance issues quickly.
    For spell scroll simply inherit from ScriptableItem. See the example scripts to learn how this works.

3) Might want to ask in our discord.

4) The camera has that feature build in now. See the camera component -> view blocking layers.

8. ScorphiusMultiplayer

ScorphiusMultiplayer

Networking is a black box for me. SmoothSync and MyNetworkAnimator would take care of my my individual components.
    So, is it possible to add that option back ? It was very useful.

9. ScorphiusMultiplayer

ScorphiusMultiplayer

Hi, please ignore previous comments.
    My movement - component is working again. Had to do some manipulation.
    Thank you @vis2k for your quick replies.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    mischa2k likes this.
  10. srknclk5578

srknclk5578

Merhaba. karus ve insani seçenekler eklenecek mi?

11. mischa2k

mischa2k

English please

12. MHDev2019

MHDev2019

Hi there,

could someone enlighten me how to check if a player has a required item in his/her inventory by looking up the item name and getting the amount from the inventory.

My code (in the addon Addon) looks like this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. //main void for gathering start button
    2. public void Start_Gathering(Player player)
    3. {
    4. // the following returns either Pickaxe, Knife or a Rod
    5. CheckSpecialToolSubGroup(player);
    7. if (checkifplayerhasitem(SpecialTool) < 1) {
    8. player.chat.AddMsgInfo("You need a "+SpecialTool+ " to gather this type of resource.");
    9. } else {
    10.         GatheringStart(player);
    11. }
    12. }
    So what I basically what I need to know is how the checkifplayerhasitem function would look like so I can check if the player has at least 1 of the required tool in his/her inventory.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

13. srknclk5578

srknclk5578

[QUOTE = "vis2k, posta: 5304420, üye: 926794"] İngilizce lütfen [/ QUOTE]
    'Hello .
    Will karus and human race options be added?

14. mischa2k

mischa2k

Try Entity.InventoryCount!

What is 'karus'?

15. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.183 pending review:
    • fix QuestsOnLocation warning on clients
    • ApathyTransport updated to latest version: separate client and server max tick rates, with client one being higher by default.
    • Apathy updated to latest version; also increased max ticks in the component
    • Mirror updated to latest version to fix a bug where DoServerDisconnect wouldn't save the player after a client disconnected. See also: https://github.com/vis2k/uMMORPG/issues/30
    • Player.OnDestroy tries to remove it from onlinePlayers no matter what. likely fixes https://github.com/vis2k/uMMORPG/issues/28
    • GuildSystem.TerminateGuild: remove from guilds dict so it doesn't grow forever.
    • NetworkNavMeshAgentRubberbanding: removed unused lastSentPosition, epsilon variables
    • Entity.Warp function that is used by all entity types instead of calling agent.Warp directly. This allows for a future bug fix and more control.
    • Warp functions force warp NetworkNavMeshAgent/Rubberbanding instead of trying to detect agent.Warp calls via distance checks. This now works 100% reliably and fixes a bug where short distance warps wouldn't be detected properly (see also: https://github.com/vis2k/uMMORPG/issues/26 )
    • Entity.ResetMovement for consistency with Entity.Warp
    • Player.OnDeath: previous rubberband.ResetMovement call not needed anymore because Entity.OnDeath calls abstract ResetMovement, which calls Player's ResetMovement, which calls rubberband.ResetMovement.
    • Entity.Navigate for consistency with Entity.Warp and .ResetPath

Ziggy86 likes this.
  16. srknclk5578

srknclk5578

17. mischa2k

mischa2k

Tiny-Tree likes this.
  18. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.184 pending review:
    • Utils.ClosestDistance(Entity, Entity) version added for ease of use and to prepare for animation-independent distances
    • Utils.ClosestPoint(Entity, Vector3) version added for ease of use and to prepare for animation-independent distances
    • Utils.ClosestPoint: animation independent calculations to fix a bug where attacking would sometimes be interrupted if the target's hip collider moved slightly further away due to being affected by animations
    • Utils.ClosestDistance: animation independent calculations to fix a bug where attacking would sometimes be interrupted if the target's hip collider moved slightly further away due to being affected by animations
    • Mirror updated to latest version

19. lairdp_unity

lairdp_unity

I bought a copy of uMMORPG 3D and my goal is to use it as the basis for a VR MMORPG (e.g. on Oculus Rift). As I work through it, it's starting to look like it's going to be pretty substantial project, and I'm wondering if anyone else is using uMMORPG this way already, or are working on it, as I'd rather than collaborate than "go it alone". Any suggestions?

20. Friction

Friction

I've uMMORPG Classic and I think the biggest deficiency of the package is a proper multiple zones (scenes) support. I will not buy uMMORPG CE because of that.

Regards,

siliwangi likes this.
  21. mischa2k

mischa2k

I assume you want to do first person then?
    In that case, check out ummorpg components edition (see ummorpg.net -> uMMORPG CE).
    It has character controller movement and you could set the camera zoom to '0' for first person. That's what I do in my other uSurvival asset.

22. srknclk5578

srknclk5578

23. Ony

Ony

I purchased this in 2018 and have just now got around to checking it out, and saw the info about the Components Edition.

I'd like to avoid spending extra for that newer version before I know if I'm going to continue (just kind of playing around with some ideas right now).
    • Should I just go ahead with the Classic version I already own and update to CE later, if I do decide to continue?
    • How difficult is the upgrade path? Would it be wiser to just start with CE now?
    • How different are the code bases from one another?
    • The FAQ mentions a discount for upgrading, if done through the Unity store, but I don't see it in there yet. Any idea on when that would be possible (how long for Unity to approve on average)?
    I'd love to jump in and start playing around but if it's going to be a big pain to go from Classic to CE I'll consider that.

Thanks!

24. mischa2k

mischa2k

If you want CE, it's better to upgrade now instead of later. If 1 year from now your project is 10x more complex, then it will take you (at least) 10x more time to upgrade. The purchase price for CE is negligible at that point, considering $80 is around 1 programmer hour in america. Maybe less.

It's basically Player.cs and Entity.cs split into several smaller components, but with almost the same code. It's doable to upgrade your project, and someone did that already. But for 99% of the people I think starting on CE is way easier.

You don't need CE and you don't need to spend $80.
    But if you do want CE, then imho avoiding any upgrade pain is way worth $80.

The asset store version has a discount.
    The asset store team has left me waiting since december 14, so one whole month now.
    I hope it will be on the store, but don't hold your breath :)
    Besides, if you buy it directly then you get lifetime git repository access too - that alone is worth it.

25. Ony

Ony

Yeah I'm just really playing around at this point and don't want to put any extra money into something I don't have to, unless I decide to move forward. 80 bucks is 80 bucks. Basically just was wondering how different the code bases are if I do decide to keep going.

26. mischa2k

mischa2k

27. blackbrosg

blackbrosg

upload_2020-1-19_9-5-3.png

Hi guys, I have my MMORPG already finished and I can't mount the server on the Internet on my PC only works in local, it's so frustrating, should I change something of the network manager? please help me please, thank u

28. mischa2k

mischa2k

See the hosting guide in the documentation.
    If you do exactly what it says and use exactly the same hoster then it definitely works.
    By the way, looks like you are on the old UNET version. Upgrade to the latest one, it uses Mirror now and the networking is a LOT better.

blackbrosg likes this.
  29. mischa2k

mischa2k

Components Edition V2.4 pending review:
    • New Warrior model
    • Bandit model replaced with Volund to fix animation bugs
    • Fixed small houses colliders
    • PlayerCharacterControllerMovement: track drag distance to only enable free look after a configurable freeLookMinimumDragDistance
    • PlayerCharacterControllerMovement: don't free look if a UIWindow is currently being dragged. Fixes a bug where free look would start when dragging a UIWindow so rapidly that the cursor would be out of the UI panel for one frame, hence triggering free look
    • PlayerCharacterControllerMovement: airborneSteering option to disable WASD movement while jumping if needed

30. MHDev2019

MHDev2019

I got another quick question, maybe someone can help me out.

I use durability for items, so if the player dies, it removes 1 durability point. This works well in my addon and it shows the item name when I die and the durability is 0.

However, I am stuck removing the actual item from the equipment (I basically want to destroy the item)

Here is my code:

Code (CSharp):
    1. void OnDeath_Durability()
    2.     {
    3.         for (int i = 0; i < equipment.Count; i++)
    4.         {
    5.             if (equipment[i].amount > 0 && ((EquipmentItem)equipment[i].item.data).category != "Ammo" && equipment[i].durability > 0 )
    6.             {
    7.                 ItemSlot slot = equipment[i];
    8.                 slot.durability --;
    9.                 equipment[i] = slot;
    10.             // destroy items with durability 0
    11.             if (equipment[i].durability == 0 ) {
    12.             // code to remove item from equipment should be below instead of showing the item in the chat window
    13.             chat.TargetMsgInfo("Destroy: " +((EquipmentItem)equipment[i].item.data).name);
    14.             }
    16.             }
    17.         }
    18.     }
    Could someone help me with a snippet to actually remove the item from the equipment instead of showing the Destroy: line above. This would really help me a lot. Maybe there is some function like

Destroy(((EquipmentItem)equipment.item.data).name))

or similar that will help me remove the item.

Thanks

31. blackbrosg

blackbrosg

hi guys, i have a question! Is it possible to make the client (Login) load npcs and monsters, and the server (dedicated) will be only to see you with other players? my server has too many monsters and slows down the game, thanks.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  32. mischa2k

mischa2k

if you set slot.amount=0 then it's considered invalid (=empty).

if monsters aren't on server then every player would see them in different positions

blackbrosg likes this.
  33. Chandlerya

Chandlerya

Quick question.... I hope... I am using several addons, so that's probably the underlying issue. Anyhow, the behavior I see is that I can drag and drop equipped items from the equipment window to the inventory window and all works as expected ( Icon moves, item is removed from player etc). However, I can't equip- any item by dragging from the inventory to the equipment window. I don't see any errors, it just doesn't work. Can someone explain to me how the behavior is supposed to work, also has anyone created a script that allows you to doubleclick an inventory item to equip the item as that would be my ideal solution anyhow.

Thank you

34. MHDev2019

MHDev2019

That solution worked great. The only question left would be how to actually unequip the removed items. Is there some sort of existing function to update the character so he doesn't wear the removed items anymore?

35. iSleepzZz

iSleepzZz

Hi @vis2k , So I just manually dragged-and-dropped new Mirror folder from v1.184 to my v1.179 project and no errors except for one which is: No overload for 'OnEquipmentChanged' matches delegate 'SyncList<ItemSlot>.SyncListChanged' Not exactly sure what is wrong... Its inside Player.cs and its the line: equipment.Callback += OnEquipmentChanged;

Also, I've tried the "reimport" trick and reopening unity. Nothing seems to get this error away. Any ideas whats going on?

EDIT: Solved it in discord chat.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    mischa2k likes this.
  36. mischa2k

mischa2k

Please try on latest version in a fresh project. It works fine there, so maybe something was changed up in your addons/project?

That should happen automatically. If server modifies equipment list, then OnEquipmentChanged gets called on client, where clients update the models.

37. MHDev2019

MHDev2019

Strange, it doesn't update the model after removing the item.

My full code is:

Code (CSharp):
    1.     [Server]
    2.     void OnDeath_Durability()
    3. {
    4.         for (int i = 0; i < equipment.Count; i++)
    5.         {
    6.             if (equipment[i].amount > 0 && ((EquipmentItem)equipment[i].item.data).category != "Ammo" && equipment[i].durability > 0 )
    7.             {
    8.                 ItemSlot slot = equipment[i];
    9.                 slot.durability --;
    10.                 equipment[i] = slot;
    11.                 // destroy items with durability 0
    12.                 if (equipment[i].durability == 0 ) {
    13.                 slot.amount = 0;
    14.                 equipment[i] = slot;
    15.                 }
    17.             }
    18.         }
    20.     }
    After the player died, it removes the items from the equipment because of the slot.amount = 0; as you suggested. However, the player still has the items equipped until the next logout / login. I double checked and the items are really gone, but still visible til the next login.

Is there a way to manually call the OnEquipmentChanged function at the end somewhere to force the client to update the model?

38. Gonzalo729

Gonzalo729

Hi all, well, i'm about to buy the new version of this asset called,
    "uMMORPG Components Edition"
    the thing is that I dont know if in that version i can make an Addon for not to destroy the player prefab when one player disconnect, instead, i want that the character of that player stays in the server with all the modifications that the player has done, in the position that he left the character. i know that is not usefull but i need this to make a certain funcion in the game.

Actually i'm looking for a way to do that in this version of the asset, but i haven't succed in that mission.

Any person have an idea? or i need to buy the new version?

39. iSleepzZz

iSleepzZz

Hey @vis2k ! Hopefully you are doing well and not working too hard! ;)
    Got a quick question for you. So I'm using the V1 and not the V2 component edition.
    Although I clearly see the component version being better because we can properly use the SyncToOwner with specific components such as inventory or equipment. However, I still would love to use the V1.
    The idea that I have is to maybe just separate the Player class into 3 components: Player, Inventory, Equipment.
    And of course, the Inventory and Equipment classes can have their synchronized lists be set to SyncToOwner to optimize bandwidth.
    Is there really anything else currently in ummorpg that really needs the SyncToOwner to see great improvements? Because inventory and equipment is the only things I can really think as of now.
    Let me know what you think! Thanks :)

40. mischa2k

mischa2k

Can you set a breakpoint in OnEquipmentChanged and see if that's called or not? Maybe you found a bug

Looks like people answered you in discord already this morning

Inventory, equipment, party are useful.
    Guilds too, but CE doesn't have those in SyncToOwner yet because the guild name still needs to be synced.

41. MHDev2019

MHDev2019

I checked it, and OnEquipmentChanged is called, however it does not update / remove the model's equipped items. My code does remove the expired item from the database correctly, but it still shows the item on the player until you logout and login again, then the item is not there anymore.

It must be some issue with displaying the item, cause for example, if I remove the sword, then the player cannot attack anymore, so it means the sword is gone, but the player model still shows it until you login again.

Do you think this is easily fixable cause I really worked a lot on my game and I am simply too new to unity to start from scratch because of something like this :) I am happy to know PHP, so I can understand most of the code but unity is still like a unknown planet to me :)

Your help is greatly appreciated.

42. mischa2k

mischa2k

Yes, it should be easy to fix.
    Can you tell me exactly how to reproduce it step by step, in a fresh uMMORPG project please?
    If I can reproduce it then I can fix it too :)

43. Chandlerya

Chandlerya

Found the issue with the equipment I asked about last time and repaired it, everything works correctly now except when swapping/unequipping swords and shields. I am using Sehlor's UMA for UMMORPG addon. It looks like this should be simple to fix, but I can't figure it out, hoping someone here can point me in the correct direction. Anyhow when you remove a sword or shield or swap them instead of deleting the old sword or shield from the player model, it is deleting a finger. It looks like he is assuming that since there are 5 fingers, that the 6th child object will be the equipped item, however it doesn't seem to work, it deletes the first child bone instead, no matter what value i place in Destroy(parent.GetChild(x).gameObject. Ideally II'd rather this searched recursively and disabled the object that doesn't match the skeleton framework ie !RightHandxxxxx or !LeftHandxxxx. The code snippet is:

if (slot.amount > 0 && (slot.item.Slot == ScriptableItem.UmaSlot.Shield || slot.item.Slot == ScriptableItem.UmaSlot.Weapon)) {
    if (slot.item.IsMount)
    return;

EquipmentItem template = (EquipmentItem)slot.item.data;
    Transform parent = null;

if (slot.item.Slot == ScriptableItem.UmaSlot.Shield)
    {

parent = umaAvatar.umaData.animator.GetBoneTransform(HumanBodyBones.LeftHand);

// remove previous item if exists
    // UMA Has 5 Child bones, remove 6th.
    if (parent != null)
    if (parent.childCount > 5)
    Destroy(parent.GetChild(5).gameObject);

}
    else
    {
    parent = umaAvatar.umaData.animator.GetBoneTransform(HumanBodyBones.RightHand);

// remove previous item if exists
    // UMA Has 5 Child bones, remove 6th.
    if (parent != null)
    if (parent.childCount > 5)
    Destroy(parent.GetChild(5).gameObject);
    }
    Here is a look at the effected bones:
    upload_2020-2-1_10-24-2.png

44. mischa2k

mischa2k

Please contact Sehlor if you use Sehlor's addon.
    I never tried any of the addons myself, they are 100% up to the community.
    I can only fix it if it's broken in a fresh project (in my code) :)

45. blackbrosg

blackbrosg

Hi guys, I can't export my game for Linux, should I install something for the option appear? thanks

46. MHDev2019

MHDev2019

47. Shadowing

Shadowing

Will the non ce version eventually be depreciated? Trying to figure out if I need it or not.
    Making a top down base mmo. So dont need the controller part of it.

I don't want to use something that wont get updates for 10 years.

48. mischa2k

mischa2k

It won't. They are meant to exist alongside each other. CE is not V2, it's just a different approach. I like CE better, but classic isn't going anywhere. It's been in LTS mode for a while anyway.

49. Shadowing

Shadowing

I don't plan on ever editing your scripts. Im only gonna get it working with mysql and my log in system and thats it

50. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.185 pending review:
    • Mirror updated to latest version: fixes all open Mirror bugs, fixes Skillbar not being saved becuase isClient was false in OnDestroy
    • Player.continueCastAfterStunned option. Player now continues cast after being stunned by default.
    • Apathy updated to latest version
    • Entity.ResetMovement: removed [Server] tag to avoid 'ResetMovement called on server' warning

iSleepzZz likes this.