Search Unity

uMMORPG Official Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mischa2k, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Civviewarrior

Civviewarrior

Thanks.

Tried it this morning on an older version of Unity and it worked fine.

mischa2k likes this.
  2. mischa2k

mischa2k

If you want to use Mirror for your game then uMMORPG is probably useful to learn some examples.

Vancete likes this.
  3. hopeful

hopeful

So, I was just running the newest version of uMMORPG, the demo scene, and I noticed two things.

One, the party invite window stays open after the invite has gone to the other member, instead of closing. I thought it used to automatically close upon accept/decline, but maybe not. Anyway, there's no way provided to close it once it is opened. I'd think that if you opened the window by accident you might want to close it, or if the invite is accepted or declined you might want to close it, but you can't.

Two, while testing the above, I accidentally got one player attacking the other one, and once player B was dead and I clicked respawn, I noticed that player B stayed where they had died on their screen, while on player A's screen, player B had teleported to a new location for the respawn. Once I had player B move a little, the location became the same for both, but the character for player B on player A's screen had a lot more ground to cover before the locations matched.

Continuing to play with this, I noticed more oddities. The distance from the respawn point seemed to be a factor for player B's behavior. If B was within a few meters of the respawn, B would remain in place on one screen and teleport in the other. Also, killing A about 10m away from the respawn point cause him to teleport on one screen, and to walk to the respawn point on the other. So some slightly unexpected behavior happening there, for some reason.

JBR-games likes this.
  4. MAXFORCE

MAXFORCE

Unity dropped support for UNET in unity3d 2019.1. Will work ummorpg in unity3d 2019.4 LTS?

5. mischa2k

mischa2k

Yes. uMMORPG doesn't require UNET at all, it uses Mirror now: https://github.com/vis2k/Mirror

MAXFORCE likes this.
  6. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.169 pending review:
    • fix casting skill while running causing animation to switch between CASTING and MOVING while still sliding to the final position
    • Mirror updated to latest version (Weaver Unity.Cecil replaced with Cecil, Stack Overflow fix, 2019 support, GC reductions)
    • Database.CharactersForAccount simplified
    • NetworkManagerMMO.IsConnecting syntax improved
    • Extensions.FindIndex isn't needed anymore, it's in Mirror now
    • NetworkManagerMMO.SavePlayer: avoid expensive .ToList call by passing the IEnumerable to Database

7. Room101_Studios

Room101_Studios

Hey, Vis. I'm interested in picking up your product. The documentation is a little sparse, though. I have a couple of questions I was hoping you might answer.

1. I build my own models, so I don't use UMA, although I probably should. How would I go about integrating new models? Is it all Unity Standard, so I could just go and look that up on google or is there some specific specifications I need to follow?

2. Is the UI skinable? Nothing against your build, it's just a tad.... vanilla?

3. I've been looking for a roadmap/milestones, but can't find one. Is there one available?

4. Is there a keybind list? I was toying with your WebGL demo and got a little frustrated trying to figure out the controls. ;)

5. Is it better to come here or use Discord?

I'm a tad jaded, thanks to the developer of RPGAIO, but I'm more than willing to take a look at your asset, if you're willing to answer a few questions before I buy. :)

8. mischa2k

mischa2k

1. Unity standard. You can switch out models easily.
    2. Yes, it uses Unity's UI system which is easily modifiable without writing code.
    3. No roadmap, I work on whatever I care about at that moment :)
    4. There isn't. Mostly click to move and then skillbar hotkeys for skills, plus some UI panel hotkeys like i for inventory.
    5. Discord gets you the fastest replies because the community is very big.

9. Room101_Studios

Room101_Studios

I joined. Picked it up, as well as uRPG. ;) Cheers, Mate!

10. mischa2k

mischa2k

Thanks for buying. Let me know if you have questions.

11. yrucrem

yrucrem

Hello!

I just have been playing around with the demo project a bit, and I am already really impressed with the possibilities.

There is one problem with setting the port that I do not quite understand. In the "Network Manager MMO" component I set the port to 12345 (because I wanted to test running on a different port). When I run the demo in the Unity Editor, I see the message in the console, that it listens on the specified port, but when I make a server only build, and run it, it will always listen on the default port 7777 (I tried it on a Linux system and Windows).

Am I missing another spot, where I have to define the port the servers should bind to?

Any pointers and hints would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
    Patrick

Additional Information:

Unity version: 2018.3.14f1 (64-bit)

Settings for the Network Manager (using non-default port 12345):

upload_2019-4-30_21-18-1.png

Running the demo in the Editor (it listens on the port specified above):

upload_2019-4-30_21-22-9.png

Running the headless build on a Linux System (it listens on default port 7777):

upload_2019-4-30_21-22-45.png

12. mischa2k

mischa2k

Which version are you using?
    Try the latest uMMORPG version, this is what the NetworkManagerMMO should look like:
    upload_2019-4-30_22-39-36.png

The port was moved to the Transport component below it:
    upload_2019-4-30_22-39-55.png

13. mischa2k

mischa2k

Hatfield likes this.
  14. chenfuquan-ddd

chenfuquan-ddd

Because of the network problem, I can't access the document address. Can you send me a document? Email 407133313@qq.com

Thank you very much.

15. zoot686

zoot686

well I took the plunge and bought this package.
    I'm having issues with the player controls when trying to play the game in unity and in a built binary, in that only the player movement buttons on the keyboard seem to be working, can't jump or attack.
    The left mouse button which is supposed to be mapped to fire 1 when clicked produces a white circle on the playing plane, which the player then moves to.
    The space button which is suppose to map to "jump" and the left alt button which is supposed to be mapped to "fire 2" do nothing.
    Any help concerning this issue would be greatly appreciated.

16. mischa2k

mischa2k

The documentation pdf file is included in the Asset Download under the uMMORPG folder.

uMMORPG uses Navmesh movement, which means that there is no jumping.
    This is good at the moment, because we know how to make this 100% cheat safe.

I am currently researching a more character-controller/physics based movement system in my other uSurvival asset: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/usurvival-95015
    This is constantly improving, and when it's perfect I might port it to uMMORPG.

The challenge here is to not only make it perfect, but also to make it 100% cheat safe. Otherwise a hacker might be able to destroy your MMO economy in no time, which would be fatal.

17. zoot686

zoot686

Ok, so there's no jumping.
    Can you give me any pointers as to what to look at to get the fire buttons working?

18. mischa2k

mischa2k

What do you mean with fire buttons exactly?
    uMMORPG is based on the traditional MMO style where you have a skillbar that you use to cast the skills, using 1,2,3,...9 buttons.

It sounds like you should check out my other uSurvival asset, it's on sale right now too. That has character controller movement with jumping, and a fire button.

19. zoot686

zoot686

From the documentation in the "getting started" section, you or it says to start the game and kill some monsters and try some quests.
    The player (warrior) carries a sword, how does the person controlling the player actually have the player use that sword.
    What keyboard button or mouse button does one press to have the player slash with that sword?

20. ronbonomo

ronbonomo

Hey man, how are you? I have got your plug in, we talked year or more back before i got it, not sure if you remember. But I had a couple questions. I wrote a server using java node js and i connect to it using unity networking with socket io. I do not use unity network manager, nor the network identity, those thing and all high functions are being removed from unity. So I was wondering if it is possible to connect this to my server, and what scripts I should adjust to make it so? this way I don't break anything here. and I was wondering if it would be possible to get an older stable version that works on unity 2018.2, before the change, were unity changed prefabs and all. I am not comfortable with those changes in unity and feel they made working with prefabs a headache, compared to how it use to be done. So much better the old way, why they changed it i do not understand. It did not make things nice, just more frustrating

21. zoot686

zoot686

yeah, I'll be the first to admit that with the coming of the LTS versions of Unity, it'll be a LOT easier for developers to get their packages fairly bug free on some particular LTS version, and to rest assured that they'll remain bug free for the life of that particular LTS version.
    And i'll add that Ubuntu came out with LTS versions for exactly those same reasons, so developers can concentrate on development of their package in a relatively static environment rather than chasing the moving target of constant package changes through which dependencies on ever changing packages break their package.

22. zoot686

zoot686

ok, I found my answer, one has to left click the mouse with the cursor placed on the enemy one wishes to attack.
    simply left clicking the mouse otherwise simply places a white circle on "the ground" and the player then moves there

23. zoot686

zoot686

I've since learned how to use the items from inventory, as well as how to pick up "loot".
    Seems like it's "all systems go" here, and that any differences that the author and I had were simply differences in terminology, with he speaking developer lingo, and I speaking rank newbie lingo.

24. zoot686

zoot686

really though the development team should update the documentation so rank newbies can learn how to operate their player character.

25. yrucrem

yrucrem

Thank you very much, I got everything working!

Cheers
    Patrick

mischa2k likes this.
  26. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.171 pending review:
    • Mirror updated to latest version
    • Database.Connect function called from NetworkManagerMMO.OnStartServer to only connect on server, not on clients. Fixes the WebGL error.
    • NetworkManagerMMO: disabled some log messages to not spam the server logs
    • Removed empty terrain object

uMMORPG is still on sale for $10, grab it while you can!

Lylek and JBR-games like this.
  27. alucardnos

alucardnos

Hello,

i recently purchased ummorpg. its a great asset for learning many things and a very good base for my own game.
    i need to ask something though.
    when people are joining the instanced dungeon, this dungeon is occupied? can another party run the same dungeon as another instance? for example can 4-5 different groups run at the same time the same dungeon?
    is there also a way when the party leaves the dungeon in order for the instance to close to put a timer (10min) or manual button on the char options to reset the instance?

cheers

JBR-games likes this.
  28. ronbonomo

ronbonomo

Hey man, how are you? I have got your plug in, we talked year or more back before i got it, not sure if you remember. But I had a couple questions. I wrote a server using java node js and i connect to it using unity networking with socket io. I do not use unity network manager, nor the network identity, those thing and all high functions are being removed from unity. So I was wondering if it is possible to connect this to my server, and what scripts I should adjust to make it so? this way I don't break anything here. and I was wondering if it would be possible to get an older stable version that works on unity 2018.2, before the change, were unity changed prefabs and all. I am not comfortable with those changes in unity and feel they made working with prefabs a headache, compared to how it use to be done. So much better the old way, why they changed it i do not understand. It did not make things nice, just more frustrating

29. mischa2k

mischa2k

Yes, instanced dungeons are created for each party. There can be multiple at the same time.

It's possible, but I wouldn't recommend it. The whole point of UNET/Mirror was to have the server and the client in one project. This is a huge productivity gain - not to forget that Mirror is really fast. uMMORPG can handle 500+ players easily.

30. CheckPointGames

CheckPointGames

I'm trying to change or edit the terrain and I do not want to make the character move from one terrain to another. Could you show me a video of how to do it? or any tutorial?

31. mischa2k

mischa2k

Did you rebake the navmesh after modifying the terrain?

32. CheckPointGames

CheckPointGames

How do I do this? Can you show me? Please?

33. Neviah

Neviah

CheckPointGames and mischa2k like this.
  34. CheckPointGames

CheckPointGames

Thx =D

Neviah likes this.
  35. CheckPointGames

CheckPointGames

I upgraded to the latest version. And for some reason I can no longer attach scripts to my prefab player. Can anybody help me?

36. mischa2k

mischa2k

Please make a short video so we can see what you are doing

37. CheckPointGames

CheckPointGames

38. TaylorCaudle

TaylorCaudle

So I'm trying to use this with Oculus Unity SDK, havent tested anything yet but theoretically, I i were to use my own Character prefabs, controllers and setup, would there be any problem?

I see above jumping is disabled, but is that for the entire system or just your player prefabs? Ideally I'd like to use Oculus's default Climb, Grip, jump, etc

39. mischa2k

mischa2k

Please take a look at my other uSurvival asset. The character controller there is better suited for VR.
    You can switch out the character controls, but they do need to work over the network which is very difficult to get right. As far as I know, the uSurvival controller is the only option out there for Mirror at the moment.

40. mischa2k

mischa2k

Looks like you are using community addons. Please contact the community member that created that addons.
    It doesn't look like what you are dragging is a script by the way.

41. CheckPointGames

CheckPointGames

i can take out the group requirement to enter the dungeon?

42. mischa2k

mischa2k

Sure. Open the Instance.cs script and modifh it to your need :)

43. Zykarus

Zykarus

Hello vis,

just joined ur project and havinf fun in learning atm. For now i have just one question:

How to handle different areas in a big world map? For example a start area with Mobs from 1-10 is one "area". Then i use a spaceship / car / teleport or omething to travel to the second location / area. Is the best way to create a giant Map (World) with in one unity scene and teleport player.position? Or probably better to load a other scene for each Area?

Thanks for your greate work. For now im planning to start a real Project with ur engine and some other assets later this year :)

44. mischa2k

mischa2k

Yes, I recommend a giant map and then agent.Warp(). Don't use transform.position for teleporting, you can get stuck on obstacles if you do that with NavMeshAgent. Check out the Npc, it can already teleport you.

Zykarus likes this.
  45. gghitman69

gghitman69

@unity_U3MlWDKs4lhL1w @vis2k a big card must be cut add additively then merge because unity does not accept a scene superior to 3go and it is quickly done

mischa2k likes this.
  46. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.172 [released 2019-06-12]
    • Database.OnApplicationQuit closes the connection to prevent locking.
    • Mirror updated to latest version (forceHidden fix etc.)
    • Replace Skinned Mesh Equipment bones if possible in order to follow IK if needed

47. jjobby

jjobby

Hello, I've tested the latest version and forceHidden is still not fixed in NetworkProximityGridChecker.

48. mischa2k

mischa2k

Sorry about that. Fixed it a few days ago, the fix will be included in V1.174.
    If you don't want to wait, simply open NetworkProximityGridChecker and return 'true' instead of 'false' if forceHidden.

JBR-games likes this.
  49. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.174 [released 2019-06-29]
    • Mirror updated to latest version
      • Reduced NetworkReader and payload allocations
      • Improved performance
      • Telepathy can connect to IPv4-only servers too again
      • NetworkManager.OnApplicationQuit stops client and server now, fixes a bug where the OnStopServer addon hook wasn't triggered when closing the server
    • NetworkManagerMMO.OnApplicationQuit removed because Mirror handles it now
    • Entity.DealDamageAt hook: added damageDealt, damageType parameters
    • Fixed hidden objects still showing because NetworkProximityGridChecker used to return false instead of true when forceHidden

iSleepzZz likes this.
  50. Mr-Berni

Mr-Berni

Posted this also on the mirror forum. Dont know where it is better suited honestly :confused:

I'm trying to sync up hands and head that are children of the player prefab in ummorpg.

At this point I'm just trying to get a child cube transform to be tracked across the network and I'm having trouble...

I know that you cant just sync up the rig through the network (I have been through this with pun in other projects). So i have seperate head and hand object following the pos and rotation of the clients camera rig. I want to send the transform of those 3 gameobjects. They are children of the player prefab in ummorpg. They spawn great but the transforms dont update when I have other users move around.

Please help! :(