Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

uMMORPG Official Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mischa2k, Dec 29, 2015.

1. hopeful

hopeful

@vis2k - Here's an analogy ... if I'm understanding the situation correctly.

If we accept that we need to be located near the origin, with a radius of 1500m, 2000m, or whatever, placement of instances on the map becomes similar to creating a texture atlas. If I'm making all of my instances at edit time, it's like making my texture atlas at edit time. The tiles are fixed / static in size and location. If I'm going with a resolution of 1500m for my map / atlas, I can fit 9 square 1000m (0.6 mi) instances within it. The instances are set at edit time, and all run concurrently (they may have no activity, but they are allocated on the map / atlas).

If I want to expand my options and become more dynamic, it's like building an atlas at runtime using a rendertexture. I just need to be sure the server can dynamically load the navmesh and whatever for the dynamic instance. With this I need to do some management to make sure I'm keeping track of which instance spots are available, and be able to handle situations where I cannot create another instance.

That's not bad, but still potentially limiting. What seems like a better approach, to continue with the analogy, is using a texture array, with one instance per cell. This way I can allocate out the whole 1500m map / texture for a single instance, but I can have multiple map / textures referenced by an array index. The server just needs to keep track of which array goes for which player / instance.

In theory, I can keep adding new instances to the array, so long as my CCU is acceptable and other server resources can handle it.

2. mischa2k

mischa2k

You can put a limit on instanced dungeons per dungeon type. Which you should, since server resources are finite no matter what you do. So if you allow 10 instances of dungeon type A at any given time (which is probably reasonable for an indie MMO), you will know how far off the z axis you will go. Even a limit of 100 should still be fine with single precision floating point numbers.

3. Ebonheimer

Ebonheimer

4. mischa2k

mischa2k

5. reefcrazed

reefcrazed

Question vis2k, if you have a minute. So your approach in uMMORPG is a single scene for an entire mmorpg? I am still a novice at Unity3d so ignore my ignorance here. I know that you have done massive testing on having more clients than most people would ever have in their game. What about non-player entities though. Lets say other objects in the game such as npc, npc movement. Then adding npc entities in the game I would think that all clients have to track these and would the traffic not pick up exponentially? In other client / server engines I have worked on in the past I could handle this by ignoring entity updates for things not in a visual range to the client. The way uMMORPG stands now how large of a scene could one develop without running into issues?

$20 seems like a great deal, after tax around $21.20 If nothing else I can use bits and pieces. I doubt I ever make a game in completion, but it will keep me entertained and that seems worth it to me. Purchased!!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    hopeful likes this.
  6. mischa2k

mischa2k

Yes, single scene is the best solution right now. It's definitely the most simple one. And if your server has to handle 1000 CCU, then it will still have to handle that amount after players return from their instance. I could be wrong, but I do think the current solution is a decent approach for indie MMOs. Indie MMOs don't fail because of CCU - they fail because they get so complex that people don't finish them. We can still put zones on other server machines if needed, but I believe this is a better approach. In fact, the load balancer that I plan to release will have a way more significant impact than outsourcing scenes.

Clients only track the entities around them because of the proximity checker.

You can make the scene as large as you want, basically until you run into floating point precision issues. I doubt that many indie games would be able to produce that much art though.

7. hopeful

hopeful

I'm trying to think of how to implement some version of my game within the uMMORPG system. @vis2k, does the following sound more like intended usage?

First, I need to drop the idea of using real world city scale and instead go with "toon town" city scale. With no parking lots, and only narrow buildings, narrow streets, and small bodies of water, a lot more features can fit into a small area. I think I can shrink a city zone down to 500m and still contain many points of interest. On the client, I would only render the city the player is in. I could use the Horizon[ON] plugin on the client with a horizon map unique to each city. Its views of 50,000m or so out to a natural horizon should give players a greater sense of being in a large city on a vast plain, even though each city's playable area is only 500m, and each city is literally right next to the other.

If I create 4 city zones, that uses the center 1000m of the 1500m radius I'm allotting for the game. I still have 1000m of usable space in each direction.

These would be parceled out for individual "dungeon" instances. If I can keep it small, then maybe I can go for 100m squares. That would allow up to 800 concurrent "dungeon" instances. This sounds like a lot, but if the server can support 800 CCU, then that would permit each player to solo a dungeon simultaneously. Or it could be configured for 400 100m dungeons (1-4 players) and 100 200m dungeons, maybe with the idea that the 200m dungeons can only be run by teams of 4 or more.

I imagine I could set up an array with an element for each dungeon instance, and thus keep track of which dungeon spaces are in use or available. When the server wants to start a new instance, it finds an empty cell in the array, which tells it which position to use on the global map, and it initializes the dungeon, loading whatever the player has selected and moving it to that area.

8. mischa2k

mischa2k

Makes sense. Although I wouldn't shrink cities unless you actually run into floating point issues. Try it with your big cities first, see what happens :)

hopeful likes this.
  9. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

All of your stuff in 20 bucks?

10. mischa2k

mischa2k

Most of it, yes. Testing a new price.

11. hopeful

hopeful

I may not be very good at spotting animation jitter. And maybe small differences caused by jitter are highlighted when you are using VR ... which I am not. In a quick test I did with a character in idle, it seemed that I could go 6000m or more from origin and it was rock solid. By 9000m it was a little wavery, with maybe the tiniest bit at 8000m ... and you really had to be looking for it, up close. So ... nothing like a little experimentation to test / verify things!

This would suggest that a zone map can go out to 8000m from origin, which is quite a bit more ground to cover. (Unless, of course, there are other floating point precision issues that could come into play.)

Recalculating using a 8000m radius, I could get 4 4000m sized city zones (2.5 sq. mi. ea.), plus 800 400m dungeons, and maybe 64 1000m special feature dungeons. Or something like that. Which is a decent amount of stomping ground for a micro MMO. :)

mischa2k likes this.
  12. Fhiz

Fhiz

Please excuse my shameless plug.

I create AddOns for uMMORPG3d since almost 2 years now. If you want to seriously increase the features found in uMMORPG3d within the blink of an eye and without any custom code, you should check them out.

Just take a look at my website (you can expand the category drawers by clicking on them) or join my Discord server that you can find linked in the official uMMORPG discord under the "AddOns" section.

https://www.indie-mmo.net

There are about 60 smaller, free AddOns available. And in case you are interested: By becoming one of my Patrons, you gain access to another 60, bigger ones as well. This is enough content to create a whole game without any code.

thanks
    -Fhiz

Weblox likes this.
  13. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@Fhiz Create some of uRPG and I might be interested!

14. Fhiz

Fhiz

@SickaGamer Im sorry, but I only do uMMORPG3d (MMO) stuff.

Also, the other Assets by Vis2k do not feature a "AddOn" system that is required for more complex AddOns.

Weblox likes this.
  15. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.159 pending review:
    • Update Mirror to latest version (lots of fixes and improvements)
    • PlayerChat.CmdMsgWhisper: use TryGetValue for maximum performance
    • Utils: remove unused functions, improve syntax
    • NetworkManagerMMO: forgot to remove tick rate setting. Mirror handles that now.
    • Utils.IsNullOrWhiteSpace removed, NET 4.5 has string.IsNullOrWhiteSpace now.
    • Net 4.X syntax for getters
    • Upgraded to Unity 2018.3.6 to prepare for LTS, and to avoid 2018.2 memory leak bug (https://github.com/vis2k/Mirror/issues/427)
    • Deleted old terrain_trees file
    • NetworkManager.OnClientReceivePopup renamed to OnClientError
    • NetworkManager.ClientSendPopup renamed to ServerSendError
    • Remove MessageIds everywhere (latest Mirror version assigns them automatically)
    • CharacterSelect/Delete messages inherit from IntegerMessage to simplify code

runningbird and Weblox like this.
  16. setauz

setauz

Hello vis2k, it has been long time since i checked this forum and assetsore last time and i sadly see 80$ paid UMMORPG is 20 $ now and you have another asset uRPG which may be way better than ummorpg for me, but i do not have any budget for any other asset cause i cant produce anything, so i cannot buy it now.

Anyway here is my story and question; i bought UMMORPG when it was first released, i had an ambition about making a simple MMO but i never be able to use your asset on a project because i have 0 knowledge about server building and did not want to deal with it. i later changed my goal about making a simple oflline rpg but i could not make it either. 6 months ago i go back to my old project (offline rpg) and almost finished it, it was a simple rpg game for android.

Here is my problem, my android build crashes on real devices, after i click server and play. Before the character selection screen game exits automatically. I tried a pc build on a pc and it works perfectly. So do you have any clue why this is happening on an android device? I am using an older version of ummorpg and unity 2017.

17. mischa2k

mischa2k

Any error message?

18. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.160 pending review. Another important bugfix release.
    • Mirror updated to latest version (sceneID fix). Please open and resave each of scene once.
    • Use nameof(function) for Invoke/InvokeRepeating
    • NetworkManagerMMO.Start calls base.Start
    • NavMeshComponents updated to 2018.3 to fix warnings

19. Nyc0las

Nyc0las

Hello visk2k,

First of all thanks a lot for this amazing tool, it is really helpfull.
    I have a question: I am trying to get a main character which can switch weapons (sword, dagger, bow etc...).
    I looked at the code and I do some modification: when we equip a weapon, I force the player.skillTemplates[0] to be the skill attached to the weapon. I also forced the current skill to look at the first skill in the skillTemplates array. Here is my code while equiping a weapon:

Code (CSharp):
    1.             if (player.equipment[slot].item.data is WeaponItem)
    2.             {
    3.                 player.skillTemplates[0] = (player.equipment[slot].item.data as WeaponItem).skillUsed;
    4.                 player.currentSkill = 0;
    5.             }
    In my example I used the Archer template and try to put her a sword.
    I also added one more state in the animator (one state for bow animation and one state for sword animation, both using the skill's name as parameter).

The thing is: in the inspector, the player' skill is modified using the skill in the choosen weapon. When I use a skill from the shorcut bar, it works well (she attacks with the sword or with the bow). But when it switch to auto-attack or try to auto-attack at first, it will not use this first skill (in my case it will use the bow animation instead of the sword, launching arrow to the ennemy far away). Did I miss something?

Thanks a lot for your answer.

20. mischa2k

mischa2k

Maybe it would be easier to only allow certain skills for certain weapons? For example, the archers shoot skill shouldn't even be usable by the Warrior.

21. Nyc0las

Nyc0las

The thing is I will not have class. And each player will be able to get any skill/weapon they wants depending on the stats choosen (old mmo style).

We can talk in discord if it's better for you :)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  22. Nyc0las

Nyc0las

I got a sight to an add-on which will surely help me (UCE CombatRemastered), thanks to ObscuredCrow. I will try it right away thanks!

23. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.162 Pending Review! Another important bug fix release.
    • Monster.UpdateCASTING EventSkillFinished: fix NullReferenceException if target disappeared before checking target.health
    • NetworkNavMeshAgent: add agent.ResetPath detection. it only worked before because agent.velocity is != 0 after resetting the path for some reason
    • Mirror updated to latest version
      • fixed sceneID mismatch if disabled scenes are in build settings
      • fixed sceneID mismatch if no scene is in build settings
      • source based weaver

24. CheckPointGames

CheckPointGames

I have a little problem. I am running the server on a linux hosted. But when I try to connect to the server through the game it crashes.

Client Recv: failed to connect to ip=13.68.176.39 port=7777 reason=System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005):
    A connection attempt failed because the connected component did not respond
    correctly after a period of time or the established connection failed
    because the connected host did not respond.

at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect (System.String hostname, System.Int32 port) [0x0019d] in <3845a180c26b4889bc2d47593a665814>:0
    at Telepathy.Client.ReceiveThreadFunction (System.String ip, System.Int32 port) [0x00000] in <98c4bf796e5846ae8bb8baa6476d35eb>:0
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    Telepathy.Client:ReceiveThreadFunction(String, Int32)
    Telepathy.<>c__DisplayClass11_0:<Connect>b__0()
    System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart()

25. hopeful

hopeful

@vis2k - I'm trying to figure out how to drop the Warrior and Archer and instead have six different classes. It's not clear to me where to change the list of available classes.

Also, where do the initial lines of chat come from? I'd like to delete those, and maybe add something different.

26. TonyLi

TonyLi

I just updated the Dialogue System and Quest Machine addons for uMMORPG 1.162 and still have the projects open, so I thought I'd jump in with some info. (The addons will be in the next release of DS and QM, btw.)

The easiest way to add a new class is to copy the Warrior or Archer prefab. They're in Assets / uMMORPG / Prefabs / Entities / Players. Then add them to your World scene's Network Manager > Registered Spawnable Prefabs. You can remove the Warrior and Archer prefabs once you're sure your new prefabs are working. (documentation)

They're test lines hard-coded in PlayerChat.cs. Remove them from OnStartLocalPlayer() around line 79.

RonnyDance and hopeful like this.
  27. hopeful

hopeful

Thank you very much! You know, I tried to add a player class that way early on, and it didn't work, so I set it aside and then came back to it and was trying to figure it out. But now I try it again and it works, so ... beats me what I did wrong the first time, but I'm happy now!

I find there can be a certain magic about eventually asking for help, in that somehow it can unlock things that seemed locked before. I have no explanation for how things get locked and then unlocked, other than to point to Murphy's Law, which also seems to work as expected. ;)

Thanks as well for pointing out the PlayerChat script. I don't know how I failed to find it. (shrug)

28. mischa2k

mischa2k

Open the port in your server's firewall.

PlayerChat.cs adds those lines.
    Just duplicate and modify the player prefabs and drag them into NetworkManager for additional classes.

29. hopeful

hopeful

Yup - thanks! - got it working. I don't know how I missed on those, as it was how I expected it to be on both. (shrug)

mischa2k likes this.
  30. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.163 pending review:
    • Mirror updated to latest version
      • SyncList<struct> instead of SyncListSTRUCT
      • First login spawns observers immediately now
      • Protect against allocation attacks
      • NetworkClient static
    • NetworkProximityGridChecker: playerController != null check not needed anymore
    • NetworkManagerMMO.OnServerAddPlayer: null check message.value bytes
    • UILogin: disabled host, dedicated buttons if webgl because webgl can't start a server
    • PlayerChat: local chat uses [ClientRpc] instead of sending a [TargetRpc] to each observer manually
    • [TargetRPC] NetworkConnection parameter removed everywhere because it's optional now
    • Grid renamed to Grid2D to avoid Unity 'Grid class already exists' warning
    • NavmeshPathGizmo renamed to NavMeshPathGizmo
    • Fixed NavMeshPathGizmo NullReferenceExeption after rebuilding scripts sometimes
    • Find the cleaver quest tooltip fixed
    • Change enum types to byte to minimize bandwidth
    • Fix MissingReferenceException when clicking PartyHUD icon of a member that moved out of proximity range
    • Entity.DealDamageAt: don't allow a short stun to overwrite a long stun

31. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Seems peaceful in here.

mischa2k likes this.
  32. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.164 pending review - another maintenance release
    • Player.BalanceExpReward: balance for 20 levels up/down, instead of 10. this way a level 11 player gets a small amount of exp from a level 1 monster. less confusing this way.
    • Monster IDLE: EventSkillRequest doesn't clear target if skill is on cooldown/if monster is on low mana. this way the monster waits until it can cast. Fixes a bug where a monster would go back to random movement if the skill was on cooldown while trying to fight.
    • Skill.IsOnCooldown() added
    • Skill.IsReady checks cooldown AND casttime. this way skillbar skills are disabled while casting, avoids button smashing sending lots of packets to the server too.
    • Monster.startPosition is now set in Start instead of Awake, because that's what Start is for. Fixes a bug where runtime spawned monsters weren't respawning properly.
    • UI: scroll view sensitivity increased from 1 to 10 everywhere for a better scrolling speed
    • Player.SelectionHandling: if double clicked an entity that we can't attack/loot/talk, then just move there. Fixes a strange user experience where if the user stands in a safe zone and double clicks a monster, nothing would happen. Instead it will move there now.)
    • Player.SelectionHandling simplified 'else walk' cases
    • UICrafting WindowAddon panel: removed redundant icon
    • UI Player Trading: reduced TextTitle font size from 13 to 12 so it's visible again
    • Fixed UI Chat activating during WASD movement because the scrollbar Navigation setting was set to Automatic, also enabling keyboard navigation. Setting it to None disables it and fixes the bug.
    • Player default inventory items are now configurable with amount by using ScriptableItemAndAmount type
    Enjoy!

Hatfield likes this.
  33. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.165 pending review. Make sure to delete your old Database.sqlite file when upgrading.
    • Entity.CanAttack raycasts the NavMesh to not allow attacks through walls anymore. Very important to prevent exploits where someone might try to attack a boss monster from another room, etc.
    • Player.CmdNpcTeleport: clear target after teleport
    • MinimapMarkers are now SpriteRenderers instead of Cylinders + Mesh Renderers. Less triangles to draw, easier to use, sharper on the minimap
    • Player.AttributesSpendablePerLevel static variable added. Can be used to allow more than 1 attribute point per level. Allows 2 per level now.
    • UI Confirmation window, used in UICharacterSelection to delete characters with less risk for accidental clicks.
    • Database: characters.name field is created with COLLATE NOCASE so that CharacterExists is case insensitive and we can't create both 'Archer' and 'archer' characters.
    • NetworkManagerMMO: password salt is now configurable in the Inspector
    • Only players copy their name to the NameOverlay. Monsters/Npcs/Pets NameOverlay.text fields are set manually. Saves computations.
    • Quest.field0 renamed to progress. It's more obvious this way.
    • Chat: use different text prefabs for different channels. This way the color, font type, background, etc. can be different for different channels.
    • PlayerChat: ChatMessage class converted to struct to avoid GC
    • Database converted to MonoBehaviour component that is added to the NetworkManager. This allows for future abstract Database type with different implementations like MYSQL. It also allows us to customize properties in the Inspector (like Database file name) and to make use of MonoBehaviour functions like Update. MAKE SURE TO MODIFY DATABASE ADDON HOOK FUNCTIONS TO NOT BE STATIC ANYMORE WHEN UPGRADING.
    • Database: add index on 'account' for 'characters.account' to avoid full scans when loading characters in CharactersForAccount function
    • Database: character.online field is set immediately after joining the world already. Otherwise it would only be set after the next CharacterSave call, which could easily take another 5-10 minutes.
    • Database: accounts.created DATETIME added for statistics
    • Database.IsValidAccount: simplified account, password, banned check by letting SQLite handle it
    • Database.IsValidAccount renamed to TryLogin, which also sets a new accounts.lastlogin field
    • Database: characters.online is now an INTEGER (0 or 1), and characters.lastsaved DATETIME added. This is more cleaner than writing the datetime as string only while online, and allows for lastsaved time checks even while offline.

34. Cyber1551

Cyber1551

Hello,
    I have a huge problem. I imported the 2d version of ummorpg into the recommended version of unity (2018.2.20f1) and got like 55 errors (Figure 1). Then I decided to open the default scene anyway to see if it would run. Never got that far (Figure 2). Tried reimporting please help. prob1.PNG prob2.PNG

!!!!EDIT!!! --- never mind, I upgraded to 2018.3.1 and it worked. A little heads up but the docs aren't updated. Still says the recommended version is 2018.2.20. False alarm

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    mischa2k likes this.
  35. Cyber1551

Cyber1551

Hello,
    Now that I got the asset working lol. I have a couple of questions.
    * = least Important (I can figure it out) **** = most important (need the most help)
    1*) Where is the logic for the selected enemy (So I can highlight it/make it more obvious). As well as tab targeting
    2*) How would you go about making an item say in the hot bar even when consumed. For example, when a potion is used up the item disappears from the skill bar and you have to re-drag it when you re-acquire another one.
    3****) This was asked above but I think it was answered via discord: How would you go about taking out classes and making it skill based (old school mmo)
    4****) I was also wondering how to get Networked Zones to work.
    I'm happy to continue in discord as well
    Thank you

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  36. mischa2k

mischa2k

Player.SelectionHandling

It does already. The skillbar entries are just strings. If it says 'Health Potion' then it will point to any health potion in your inventory.

Add more skills and remove a class?

I recommend using the built in instanced dungeons. They are way easier to use.

37. Cyber1551

Cyber1551

Thank you for your help.

38. MegaCo

MegaCo

Can I use this asset without the multiplayer features? like the login and chat.

39. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: Combat Disconnect delay coming soon. This prevents players from fleeing combat by disconnecting immediately.

Screenshot:
    upload_2019-4-2_12-4-7.png

Gif (see bottom right corner):
    https://gyazo.com/3e1fd412d1d51cb0953cbf2e019bc1c8

Checks are both on client and on server, there is no cheating with Alt+F4.

You might want to check out my uRPG asset for that.

40. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.166 - uMMORPG completed!

One week ago my uMMORPG ToDo list had 5000 lines of text.
    Now it's empty.
    Enjoy!

• Replaced all TextMeshes with TextMeshPro
    • LevelBasedInt/Long/Float renamed to LinearInt/Long/Float
    • LevelBasedValues: ExponentialInt/Long/Float added
    • Player/Pet: max experience grows exponentially now
    • UI Chat: forgot to remove example message prefab from scroll view
    • Player guild functions: use TryGetValue for performance
    • Player.guildName moved into Guild.name for more simple code
    • Database.SaveGuild uses guild struct directly to simplify code and avoid one members.ToList() call
    • Documentation updated
    • UpdateOverlays uses proper IsGuild check with null check
    • Guild.Empty to work around Mirror bug https://github.com/vis2k/Mirror/issues/696
    • GuildSystem.cs similar to PartySystem.cs. Less magic, and guilds aren't resaved after every single broadcast anymore.
    • Updated Mirror to latest version to fix various bugs
    • NetworkProximityGridChecker: force hidden doesn't need to add own connection anymore after latest Mirror change
    • PartySystem.CopyTo renamed to BroadcastTo for consistency with guild system
    • PartySystem.CopyToMembers renamed to BroadcastChanges for consistency with guild system
    • PartySystem.LeaveParty: shorter code
    • GuildSystem.BroadcastTo for consistency with PartySystem. Makes LeaveGuild and TerminateGuild shorter too
    • PartySystem.BroadcastChanges saves in dict too for consistency with GuildSystem
    • Party.Empty to work around Mirror bug https://github.com/vis2k/Mirror/issues/696
    • Use out variable inline declarations
    • Fix guild promote/demote not syncing to clients because dirty wasn't set, because .Equals was true, because oldGuild and newGuild share same .members memory location, hence modifying it in newGuild already modified it in oldGuild, so the .Equals call later on ended up returning true.
    • TargetProjectileSkill.GetEquipmentWeaponIndex moved to Entity and renamed to GetEquippedWeaponIndex
    • ScriptableSkill.requiredWeaponCategory replaces .requiresWeapon. Allows for weapon type specific skills, and skills that work with all weapon types. Make sure to change all archer skills requiredWeaponCategory to "WeaponBow" and all warrior skills requiredWeaponCategory to "WeaponSword" when upgrading.
    • ScriptableItem/Skill/Quest/Recipe: check for duplicates when loading from resources. This allows us to use subfolders safely.
    • Moved ScriptableItems/Skills into subfolders
    • UIConfirmation, UIPopup singleton added
    • Player.InventoryOperationsAllowed() function added to keep all inventory swap/merge/split/use state checks in one place
    • Allow inventory operations while trading as long as not locked yet
    • Player.Craft: added [Server] tag
    • UI Crafting: show amount overlays in slots
    • Crafting with ingredient amounts. Make sure to reassign all recipe ingredients with their amount.
    • Entity.lastCombatTime added
    • Combat Disconnect delay prevents players from fleeing combat by disconnecting immediately. Player.allowedLogoutTime + remainingLogoutTime based on lastCombatTime added. NetworkManager only logs out the player after that time. UIShortcuts shows tooltip on clients too.
    • Npc.quests changed to ScriptableQuestOffer with acceptHere and completeHere flags to make 'talk to npc' quests possible. Make sure to reassign all npcs quests with both accept&complete set to true when upgrading.
    • Guardian Npc added, and Blocked Path quest has to be finished at the guardian now.
    • Loot indicator particle

hopeful and bartuq like this.
  41. mischa2k

mischa2k

For those who care, this is how we got here...

September 30th, 2015 - first ever uMMORPG screenshot - it didn't even have a name yet:

November 15, 2015- the early days before release:

November 29, 2015. Three weeks before V1.0 release. I actually started developing this with Unity's alpha Linux version and UNET's Beta - 50% chance for random errors at any given time:

Januar 11, 2017 - with the new temple and some new models:

October 1, 2017. New warrior model and pets:

October 20, 2017 - new (current) map:

November 22, 2017: Unity featured it and misspelled uMMORPG:

May 28, 2018 - Dark UI:

September 4, 2018 - Humble Bundle Sale

March 39, 2019 - 9th most popular Asset on the store:

April 2, 2019 - Loot Indicators - the last point on my ToDo list:

42. Neviah

Neviah

Congratulations on all your success. You're one of the few, really dependable developers on here. Here's hoping to more years to come.

Apologies if it's been asked before, but I did not go through the 90 pages to find this out =( :

Do you have any plans for a W-A-S-D type movement, or I think it's called physics-based movement? Complimented by tab-targeting. Personally, it's the one things I've hoped for most. Thanks for your time.

DonMitchel likes this.
  43. mischa2k

mischa2k

Thanks.
    Next couple of weeks will be uSurvival improvements - which already has character controller movement.
    The plan is to get this perfect first. Maybe porting it to uMMORPG afterwards.

Neviah likes this.
  44. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

You forget about uRPG?

45. kelvinparkour

kelvinparkour

Hi, its possible to make a call that hide all the other players for a client, and show again when i want? like if the player is in a place that will be a player home for example. Or a custom zone?

46. mischa2k

mischa2k

What do you mean?

Use NetworkProximityChecker / OnRebuildObservers for that. Sounds like you want a custom proximity checker.

47. Civviewarrior

Civviewarrior

Hi vis2K,

Purchased the uMMORPG package from the asset store this afternoon, imported, opened the World scene and clicked the “Play”...

Got a load of NavMesh errors and GUI errors (See attached)

I am I missing something?

Thanks in advance

CW

Unity 2018.3.11f1 (64-bit)

Attached Files:

48. Civviewarrior

Civviewarrior

Just a follow up, I noticed that a lot of the packages were disabled by Unity.

When I tried to locate the Package Manager,it was not displayed. A quick look on the Unity forums shows this a common problem at the moment.

Possibly related...

49. mischa2k

mischa2k

Use Unity 2018.3.6 - that one definitely works fine.

Civviewarrior likes this.
  50. Vancete

Vancete

Hi there,

I'm developing (just prototyping now) something different than a MMORPG, more like a MMOTPS but I want to take advantage of some of your clean implementations on this asset (db, user accs, inventory...).

Do you think it's possible to achieve it without breaking too much the asset?

Cheers!