Search Unity

uMMORPG Official Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mischa2k, Dec 29, 2015.

1. mischa2k

mischa2k

If you need a voucher for any of my Assets then let me know!

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  2. TonyLi

TonyLi

Thanks, and likewise if you need a voucher.

BackwoodsGaming and mischa2k like this.
  3. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Love that Vis and Tony are talking! FYI. Assets that can be integrated are worth more to the consumer than not! It only enhances my willingness to buy them as opposed to one offs of their own kind.

BackwoodsGaming and mischa2k like this.
  4. tequyla

tequyla

you mean, soon, ummorpg udapte will be not free ?

5. mischa2k

mischa2k

I just meant that asset store codes don't expire, that's all

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  6. tequyla

tequyla

7. ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

Your thinking about procedural worlds.

8. Revv

Revv

Hi I'm having an issue, I have tried to use my own sword prefab and I get an error. I made the scriptable object for it but when I try to create character it says the following:

Code (CSharp):
    1. KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    2. System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Int32,ScriptableItem].get_Item (Int32 key) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:150)
    3. Item.get_data () (at Assets/uMMORPG/Scripts/Item.cs:39)
    4. Player.<get_healthMax>m__1 (ItemSlot slot) (at Assets/uMMORPG/Scripts/Player.cs:89)
    5. System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectIterator>c__Iterator10`2[ItemSlot,System.Int32].MoveNext ()
    6. System.Linq.Enumerable.Sum[Int32,Int32] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`3 selector)
    7. System.Linq.Enumerable.Sum (IEnumerable`1 source)
    8. Player.get_healthMax () (at Assets/uMMORPG/Scripts/Player.cs:89)
    9. NetworkManagerMMO.OnServerCharacterCreate (Mirror.NetworkMessage netMsg) (at Assets/uMMORPG/Scripts/NetworkManagerMMO.cs:444)
    10. Mirror.NetworkConnection.InvokeHandler (Int16 msgType, Mirror.NetworkReader reader)
    11. Mirror.NetworkServer.InvokeBytes (Mirror.ULocalConnectionToServer conn, System.Byte[] buffer)
    12. Mirror.ULocalConnectionToServer.SendBytes (System.Byte[] bytes)
    13. Mirror.NetworkConnection.Send (Int16 msgType, Mirror.MessageBase msg)
    14. Mirror.NetworkClient.Send (Int16 msgType, Mirror.MessageBase msg)
    15. UICharacterCreation.<Update>m__1 () (at Assets/uMMORPG/Scripts/_UI/UICharacterCreation.cs:37)
    16. UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:166)
    17. UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent_0.cs:58)
    18. UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/Button.cs:36)
    19. UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/Button.cs:45)
    20. UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:50)
    21. UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:261)
    22. UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()
    Any suggestions are appreciated

9. Revv

Revv

I figured it out, I had to put the new scriptable object into the same items folder as the other items.

mischa2k likes this.
  10. Dreamaster

Dreamaster

Vis2K... I got this asset through the Humble Bumble deal, so I've been reading through first 10 pages and then the last 4 pages. Apparently you are an unbelievably kind and patient person!

This asset is an absolute STEAL at $80.00. I feel almost guilty about the entire Humble Bumble deal, it was like winning the lottery!

Anyway, just wanted to let you know your work is appreciated.

danreid70 likes this.
  11. mischa2k

mischa2k

Thanks mate. Please leave a review on the Asset Store if you like it!

12. rastinrastini

rastinrastini

13. mischa2k

mischa2k

14. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

I know uMMORPG can make single player games. But there is no tutorial. Can you tell me in detail? Is Single Player available on Android? How do I save and load in a single game? And I found an add-on called UCE. Can this also work in single player mode?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  15. Fhiz

Fhiz

@Cartoon-Mania
    Those UCE AddOns are mine, and yes they would be functional in a single player game as well. As long as you are not changing the whole core asset. So you still have to keep the database and all the networking intact. Basically what you have to do is to use only "Host + Play" and disable the "Server" and "Login" buttons. Its more complex than that, but basically that "mimics" a single player game.

Without hitchhiking the thread, you can find my free UCE AddOns for uMMORPG3d here:

https://indie-mmo.net

While my paid ones require a Patreon subscription, you can learn more here:

https://www.patreon.com/Fhizban

Besides the huge uMMORPG community, I also run a support server for my AddOns on discord:

https://discord.gg/DPSqMMy

16. mischa2k

mischa2k

Use the Server & Play mode, that's pretty much singleplayer (with others being able to connect to your computer if you open ports)

17. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: updated Mirror in latest version to fix a few networking bugs (see first page).

uMMORPG is available for $15 on the Humble Bundle for the last day.

18. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

What is the benefit of using mirror and telepaty instead of u-net?!? Iam confused.... How to host linux headless now??

19. mischa2k

mischa2k

It has 300+ bug fixes and supports large amounts of players.
    Linux hosting works the same. Just change all 'using UnityEngine.Networking' to 'using Mirror'.

pushingpandas likes this.
  20. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

When I download latest version can will it work out of the box or do i need to install different stuff in unity like before with your u-net fixes

21. Lylek

Lylek

There are no additional downloads or installations, Mirror is included in Plugins. Just be sure you are using the the supported Unity version: 2017.4.7 - works out of the box, error free.

Weblox and mischa2k like this.
  22. rastinrastini

rastinrastini

game like clashofkings
    features wanted:
    - city builder
    - guild(you have)
    - chat(you have)
    - send troops to attack(partially have)
    - upgrade units(partially have)
    - train troops
    - adventure map
    you have many of this. can you add others? i think you can faster than us add these features becouse of you know better your package and can better know how add features to it.

23. rasto61

rasto61

And in the process maybe make the complete game for us...

The stuff you mention (city builder and train troops) is game specific, and doesn't really have anything to do with an mmo rpg template. So I think it would be faster if you add these features as vis2k probably has to focus on features that are within the scope of ummorpg.

Lylek and mischa2k like this.
  24. rastinrastini

rastinrastini

these features is not very heavy but concurrent handling have few work. if we want apply these features then must spend very time to understand very good of ummorpg code then doing these. but i think for vis2k dont need spend very time for it. only for building training system.
    please see that these features have one global feature that is "complete in time" feature that can use in many games. when this feature implemented then other games can use it for many specific features

25. Red7silence

Red7silence

So I bought the humble bundle that had a bunch of assets included in it. Such as Gaia, Realistic Effects v4, Heroic Fantasy Creatures, and Inventory Pro. There is an issue when trying to use this asset with inventory pro, and apparently it's because you guys don't have a proper namespace for your classes? I hope you guys fix this issue, as I would love to use your asset, but currently can't.

26. mischa2k

mischa2k

I suppose Inventory Pro doesn't have namespaces either then :)

pushingpandas and Lylek like this.
  27. Revv

Revv

Just use the inventory scripts included in uMMORPG? It's just as good, better if you consider the fact that the included one is already coded to work in multiplayer but Inventory pro is not, you would have to modify Inventory Pro to work with any multiplayer game.

hopeful, Hatfield and mischa2k like this.
  28. rastinrastini

rastinrastini

Dear vis2k,
    do you want to implement any of these features?
    - mining
    - raid
    - mail and gift
    - mount
    - flying
    - build and destroy structure
    best regards

29. mischa2k

mischa2k

Maybe later yes

30. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

You should talk to Malbers and integration Horse Animset Pro! Great asset!

31. Fhiz

Fhiz

Weblox likes this.
  32. DonMitchel

DonMitchel

Hello,

Is there a plan to add some type of GM panel? With basic commands like kick, ban, give, maybe command on spawn npc. I know there's some fans asset, but it does not seem to work properly, and I think it would be nice to have something like that in the base of ummorpg so that everyone can add the commands he needs.

Thanks.

33. mischa2k

mischa2k

Not yet, sorry

34. mischa2k

mischa2k

35. rastinrastini

rastinrastini

36. Dreamaster

Dreamaster

Kind of shocked no one has responded to this? So does this in effect remove the ability to do local split screen style games, ala something like Gears of War style?

37. mischa2k

mischa2k

Yes it does, kinda.
    To make this more clear: we don't have anything against split screen. In fact, I hate that most games don't offer that feature anymore.

It's still possible, too. For example, in uMMORPG I can control the player and the pet without needing PlayerControllers at all.

The reason behind this decision was to optimize for probability of releasing our games. The more dead weight we have to support, the harder it becomes. The more bugs to fix, etc. If you take a look at the git commit, it removes a huge amount of complexity from the code. We are actually at 10k LOC for Runtime+Editor scripts now, that's worth a lot.

But as I said, you can still have 2 players controlled with 2 controllers, like my uMMORPG example.
    (I don't anybody knew how to use multiple player controllers with UNET anyway. A large part of the code seemed to always use the first player controller.)

38. IIIDSSIII

IIIDSSIII

hello, can i use First Person View with uMMORPG?
    i have a uFPS asset, is that possible to connect it to a uMMORPG player? or is there any native uMMORPG "FPS trigger"?
    i do not need any real-time action, no Frame-per-Second requirements (and also no MMO), i want to implement some kind of FPS-RPG, so any variant is good for me.
    thank you for help

39. mischa2k

mischa2k

Hi, for first person it’s probably easier if you look at uSurvival (my other asset) because first person requires a completely different movement and camera controller.

40. Litwin

Litwin

I've been expecting this kit since 2015 to become a real mmorpg, but apparently it will not happen anytime soon. It's unfortunate the architecture of the server, because having a server that is embedded with unity, this is not a mmorpg and use navmesh, the developer gets "inside the box".

41. mischa2k

mischa2k

https://ummorpg.net/showcase/

Why?
    uMMORPG has the MMORPG core features. People use it to make MMOs. It can handle 500 players or more. Still not an MMO?

Almost every MMO uses A* pathfinding for monsters at least. I don't see anything wrong with that.

What does that mean?

42. navirius

navirius

I am using uMMORPG 1.137, I found some strange behaviour
    1. I create partial class NetworkManagerMMO
    2. I create method with name Start_Test

on NetworkManagerMMO, Start_Test should hit with Start() on NetworkManagerMMO, when I debug it until Util.InvokeMany, it invoked Start_Test method, but nothing happen, even I just place debug.log on Start_Test method

I use Unity 2017.4.10f1, Windows 10 x64, unity using .net 4.6 compability

Please help

43. GOLDY00

GOLDY00

Hi vis it has been a blooody long time so I’m thinking of getting back into using this does the multiplayer work like if I updated my ummorpg I changed a few things I can have other join my game straight away or do I need to do anything else for online

44. mischa2k

mischa2k

Please take a look at the included AddonExample.cs script to see how to use those hooks.

You need to either host the server on the internet or forward a port in your router.

45. GOLDY00

GOLDY00

Ok how do you do that I’m guessing easiest port forwarding

46. mischa2k

mischa2k

There is a hosting step by step guide in the documentation.

47. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: V1.139 pending review:
    • Rubberband movement via NetworkNavMeshAgentRubberbanding
    • Player.cmdEvents replaced with simple bools
    • Renamed WSADHandling to WASDHandling
    • NavMeshAgent.ResetMovement extension replaces all agent.ResetPath calls
    • Player FSM: movement modifications

iSleepzZz likes this.
  48. Etonix

Etonix

Hi,

I've not searched the thread, but I noticed in the first page that multiple scenes were unsupported in 2016; is this still the case?

49. mischa2k

mischa2k

You can use the NetworkZones addon to run one scene per server process. It's still experimental though, you can't chat across zones yet.

Etonix likes this.
  50. rastinrastini

rastinrastini

Dear vis2k,
    - have you any architecture graph and documentation for fast undestanding your architecture?