Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

uMMORPG Official Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mischa2k, Dec 29, 2015.

1. mischa2k

mischa2k

Update:
    V1.99 [released 2017-12-19]
    • Player.OnDragAndDrop_InventorySlot_InventorySlot uses configurable keys now; Utils.AnyKeyPressed added
    • Monster.OnAggro distance comparison doesn't happen for the same target anymore. This saves a LOT of computations when dealing with large amounts of monsters and players.
    • Database.CharacterSave saves status effect skills like murderer now too
    • Fixed UI Pet Revive Panel assignment which caused the internal panel to become invisible when walking away, instead of the window becoming invisible.

Melman-RGB likes this.
  2. m0rr0ws0n

m0rr0ws0n

can we add more character classes besides warrior and archer?

3. mischa2k

mischa2k

Of course

4. m0rr0ws0n

m0rr0ws0n

how come i dont se any docs about the addon system? :eek:

5. mischa2k

mischa2k

Check out the AddonExample.cs file - it contains a lot of comments on how it all works.

6. JarperTheWolf

JarperTheWolf

7. m0rr0ws0n

m0rr0ws0n

How did you solve the problem of poke through on the clothes? My body model pokes through the clothes. I used the warrior model and made a shirt for it but when I run the body pokes through the shirt really bad. It doesn't do this with the stock chest armor.

8. mischa2k

mischa2k

You won't need that

You have to make sure that the animation of the new shirt fits the character animation and that it wraps around it properly

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  9. iSleepzZz

iSleepzZz

Hello vis2k,

loving this package however, I seem to be having a little issue with lag. Well... honestly I have no idea if its lag or too many buffered/unbuffered messages or what... However, I am experiences things as a user would say "lag".
    While simply playing on my own local computer (i am playing on an independent client; not the host+client).
    Here is a picture of my net stats of the game:

That picture was me in a fight with a Monster. Server is just sitting idling in the starting town.
    Is this an okay amount of messages going in and out? Remember, this is just 2 players online:
    1 - me, the client only
    2- the host+client

this being all on my local PC. I am connected via 127.0.0.1 (localhost)
    My PC isn't very bad either. it's an alienware 17 laptop.

The reason why I am getting a little concerned with "lag" is because of the fact that my attacking animation will somethings play 100% all the way once and I will hit the monster twice actually. It will do that maybe once around every 3-5ish attacks. That is just telling me it's not communicating to my client that I change values for my animation controlling right?

Just let me know please what you think! I will continue playing and testing:)
    Thanks again vis2k!

update: also forgot to mention i am using your "HLAPI Pro fixes & improvements 2017.2 (2017-11-16)" on my Unity version: "2017.1.2p3"
    another update: it's weird... i have ONLY noticed the animations getting F***ed up cuz this "possibly lag" but like the damages are still popping up at the correct timings or attacks (even if animation isn't getting played) sooooo what could this be? 0.o

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    tequyla likes this.
  10. mischa2k

mischa2k

Can you make a video?

11. iSleepzZz

iSleepzZz

Okay so I made a quick video of it. You can mute the audio, didn't know it was going to record audio 0.o
    Here is the link to the video:

- 1st skeleton fight had no issues.
    - 2nd skeleton fight had no issues.
    - 3rd skeleton fight is when the issue occurred. (after 3rd shot it didnt wana play the 4th shot anim but it definitely did the attack)
    - 3rd skele fight still, did the same thing /\
    - 4th skeleton fight had the same issue, the last two shots did it.

As you can clearly see, the attacks are registering properly on time. It's just not calling the animation sometimes to fire??? Very strange... Not sure what's going on.
    P.S. i use my mouse to show when it's happening lmfao :p

pushingpandas likes this.
  12. MyNameJeff22

MyNameJeff22

13. iSleepzZz

iSleepzZz

Any info on the weird animation "lag" going on?

14. wangkai

wangkai

Hello, I have a few problems to solve.
    I have hundreds of equipment objects, all Model Prefab in Item, Effect Prefab in Skills, and Pet Prefab. Do I need to add Registered Spawnable Spawnable in NetworkManager?
    Where is the price of the gold coin to create the guild?
    Can the equipment category in Item Mall be separated? A lot of objects will be very stuck.
    Can the speed of the movement of a person increase with the skill?

15. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: still working on the new skill system..

Could you try to reproduce it in the default uMMORPG project? If yes, then this would be way easier to debug/fix.

Effects and Pets need to be added to the spawnable list yes.
    Guild price is in Guild.cs file.
    You could modify the item mall UI to your needs of course.
    Skill based speed is on my research list, might come soon.

16. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress Update for those who aren't in our discord server: I am still working on the new skill system. Finished group heals and group buffs, working on skill levels now.

17. BARKx4

BARKx4

Would it be possible to get even a basic First Person/Mouselook version of the playable characters like what's included in VOXL but for uMMORPG? I've seen it requested around but nobody's made one, and it seems like a fairly important component when it comes to making the engine versatile for all types of MMOs.

18. mischa2k

mischa2k

Anything is possible of course.
    For first person cameras you really want client sided movement for the best results though (via prediction or rubberbanding or both).

19. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: next version was submitted for review. Fixes-only this time, skill system needs some more research still.

V1.100 [in development]
    • CopyPosition: syntax improved
    • NetworkManagerMMO: RegisterHandler calls moved to OnStartServer to fix a reconnect bug
    • NetworkMessages made partial so addons can extend them
    • Pet: EventOwnerDisappeared added to destroy self and avoid NullReferenceExceptions if the owner disconnected/disappeared before the pet was destroyed. Player OnDestroy also doesn't destroy the Pet anymore.
    • Player: initial equipment setup moved to OnStartClient to fix a bug where only the equipment would be shown around an invisible character in host mode if a player logged in outside of the local player's proximity
    • Player/Npc/Pet LateUpdate name overlay code: added null checks around ClientLocalPlayer call to fix a NullReferenceException when the host was in character selection while another client logged in (hence activated Npc Updates etc.)

Hitch42 likes this.
  20. wangkai

wangkai

Hello,Build was wrong in the unity2017.2.0f3 version.

Build completed with a result of 'Failed'
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 3 errors
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x00207] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:172
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (Boolean askForBuildLocation, BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x00050] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:83
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

How to solve this problem?

21. mischa2k

mischa2k

Always use the recommend uMMORPG version, which is 2017.1.2p3 at the moment. You should also see a warning when pressing play without the recommended version.

The reason is that all of the last new Unity versions had critical bugs that affected uMMORPG, so we have to report them, wait for fixes, and then upgrade carefully.

22. wangkai

wangkai

Um... I'm sorry. About version... 2017.1.2 p3. The official website seems to have no p3. So, I just need to download the Unity version of the official website Unity 2017.1.2....

23. wangkai

wangkai

I am using the ummorpg version 1.94

24. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

You have to go to the patch releases page. If you go there and select Unity 2017.1 as version it will show all the patch releases for that version. Here is the direct link to 2017.1 listing. The patch release mentioned is second on the page: https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/patch-releases?version=2017.1

mischa2k likes this.
  25. wangkai

wangkai

I used the unity2017.1.2p3 version, but it was wrong to pack it at the end.
    The version of ummorpg is 1.94

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: Build failed with errors.
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x001b9] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:162
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (Boolean askForBuildLocation, BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x00050] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:83
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

Do I have to upgrade to version 1.99? The import package will modify many of the previous things

26. mischa2k

mischa2k

Try creating a fresh project and download V1.99 and see if it still happens. Just make a backup of your previous project.

27. tequyla

tequyla

hello Vis2k,

concerning skill system, you have the view ? you need some feedback from the community concerning the system ?

+++

28. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: next version was submitted for review. This version is to prepare for the new skill system.

V1.101 [in development]
    • Player.nextTarget is a SyncVar now
    • Player.UpdateServer_CASTING events all call UseNextTargetIfAny() before leaving to make sure that nextTarget is processed before leaving the state
    • UITarget shows nextTarget over target if any, so that players can switch targets (nextTargets to be exact) while casting a skill
    • Entity has .effectMount now to replace the old projectile's transform.FindRecursively call. Make sure to assign it to the right hand when upgrading.
    • Bandit's Strong Hit skill was renamed to "Secondary Attack(Bandit)" so it's less confusing
    • Animation controllers: 'currentSkill' parameter replaced with skill name boolean parameters for simplicity. Make sure to use the new controllers when upgrading.
    • Bandit, BabySkeleton both have their own animation controllers now
    • Entity.DealDamageAt AoE functionality removed to prepare for new skill system

I will provide a test version in our discord soon.

29. mischa2k

mischa2k

Update:
    V1.101 [released 2018-01-23]
    • Player.nextTarget is a SyncVar now
    • Player.UpdateServer_CASTING events all call UseNextTargetIfAny() before leaving to make sure that nextTarget is processed before leaving the state
    • UITarget shows nextTarget over target if any, so that players can switch targets (nextTargets to be exact) while casting a skill
    • Entity has .effectMount now to replace the old projectile's transform.FindRecursively call. Make sure to assign it to the right hand when upgrading.
    • Bandit's Strong Hit skill was renamed to "Secondary Attack(Bandit)" so it's less confusing
    • Animation controllers: 'currentSkill' parameter replaced with skill name boolean parameters for simplicity. Make sure to use the new controllers when upgrading.
    • Bandit, BabySkeleton both have their own animation controllers now
    • Entity.DealDamageAt AoE functionality removed to prepare for new skill system

30. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: the next version was submitted for review - this time with scriptable skills!

V1.102 [in development]
    • Upgrade Info: this update is huge, it completely replaces the old skill system and entity properties. Please make a backup before upgrading since this will break all your old skills.
    • Scriptable Skills! Make sure to recreate your skills when upgrading, or use the new ones that come with uMMORPG.
    • SkillTemplate.predecessor for skill trees and skill requirements
    • SkillTemplate.requiresWeapon option
    • Skill levels via LevelBasedValues
    • Entity properties via LevelBasedValues (including Npc/Pet/Player/Monster). Make sure to resassign the values in the Inspector when upgrading your custom project.
    • Skills UI Window size increased

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    Hitch42 likes this.
  31. wangkai

wangkai

Hello, I have a problem. I don't know how to solve it.
    I use the cross platform input on the mobile device, using the unity self - brought resources. It's normal to start running.
    But after another player accepted the party invitation, both the virtual rocker and the TargetNearest failed, the rocker could not be moved, but clicking on the ground could move. When I quit party, everything was normal again.
    Where is this problem?I have only one problem left.
    Oh, yes, there's a question to give you a feedback. When there are many objects in the Resources file, ItemMall opens, clicks the button, the game heavy lags (as described in this way), and the scene is also heavy lags. You should write a new ItemMall.cs

32. wangkai

wangkai

One more problem is that when the mobile device is running, there is a black prompt output box to output bug at the top of the device. How to cancel the prompt box?

33. mischa2k

mischa2k

Can you make a screenshot?

You probably need isLocalPlayer checks so the cross platform input is only applied to the local player, not to others.

34. mischa2k

mischa2k

Update:
    V1.102 [released 2018-01-24]
    • Upgrade Info: this update is huge, it completely replaces the old skill system and entity properties. Please make a backup before upgrading since this will break all your old skills.
    • Scriptable Skills! Make sure to recreate your skills when upgrading, or use the new ones that come with uMMORPG.
    • SkillTemplate.predecessor for skill trees and skill requirements
    • SkillTemplate.requiresWeapon option
    • Skill levels via LevelBasedValues
    • Entity properties via LevelBasedValues (including Npc/Pet/Player/Monster). Make sure to resassign the values in the Inspector when upgrading your custom project.
    • Skills UI Window size increased

35. aranthel09

aranthel09

Hey vis, nice to see uMMORPG growing so much :O Will we finally get skill shots and custom behaviors!?

I was thinking if this is possible extending the Item system in this way:

I want items to have their own durability.
    Items to be upgradable to +1, +2, etc. and have random stats based on the player that crafted the item.

Is it possible? Tyvm already!

36. VENOMOUS09

VENOMOUS09

I really like this a lot ...... I was wondering if you can help with one request: can you make it / or show me how to get a game pad to work with it other than the keyboard and mouse . it would really help my game out alot

37. mischa2k

mischa2k

Hey!
    The new skill system is released now. Skill shots, AoE, group heals, party heals etc. are all possible now. Note that I didn't implement an example skillshot yet, but it's possible with the new system!

38. mischa2k

mischa2k

It should work for movement already. For the inventory UI etc. you need to decide which way exactly you want, e.g. with cursor moving via gamepad or with slot selections etc.

39. John1515

John1515

Hi, this looks promising for a game idea I have.
    - Do I need to have a server myself for authentication? Or how does that work? (I see a login screen in your screenshots, but I can't remember Unet having this functionality?)
    - How many players can play together at once?
    - I'm planning to do something with vehicles. Is that also supported? Maybe there's an example?

40. mischa2k

mischa2k

Hi,
    - The server simply checks the account+password in the database and creates a new one if not found. You can of course modify that to check the database of your website etc.
    - How many players is difficult to answer as it depends on a lot of things. Check out the FAQ for the long answer: https://ummorpg.net/faq/
    - There are no vehicles at the moment. Someone created a mounts addon though, maybe that works already. You get 100% of the code and an addon system though, so you can implement more too.

John1515 likes this.
  41. cevkiv

cevkiv

I apologize if this has been asked elsewhere in the thread.

I'm interested in players being able to switch between classes like Final Fantasy XI and XIV, so that a player only needs one character instead of making a ton of characters for each different class.

I'm not exactly sure how to do that, or if it's possible to do that, with how things are currently designed, without adding a new player prefab for each player race/sex/class combination, which would quickly get to a ridiculously large number of prefabs. I was thinking about separating all the class dependent things like HP at levels, what skills are known, etc, into a separate script, and having the script generate, when the player changes class, the appropriate stats based on race/class, and the player object to use those in place of having stats written specifically into a prefab for each class.

I'd also need to save a gear list for what equipment the player had previously been wearing, check to see if it was still in inventory or some special gear inventory, put it back on if requirements, if any are met, etc, but that seems more clear in how to implement than a system that allows class changes.

I'm mainly wondering if you have any advice, and if that system, if I managed to describe it properly, seems like a reasonable way to do it; still using a single model (I assume the model can be changed based on race/sex choice without much difficulty), still using the same player logic, but on creation of the player in-game and upon class changes and level-up, fetching the information from another source. It'd only have to be done, as far as I can tell, in those specific instances, so it wouldn't be constantly happening. It also sounds easier to manage and implement than simply creating massive arrays of all information required by each class which each player object would need to cart around.

And I'd also like to say this is an amazing thing you've made, and this project is more than I could have ever believed I'd find for learning/helping me figure out how to implement things.

42. mischa2k

mischa2k

Classes: well you can modify max health and skills etc. at runtime so that should be doable.

Gear list: there's already an equipment list.

43. Xype

Xype

There are several that have redone the class system or thrown it out all together. The asset is a great foundation, however the type of asset it is, there is just no way you could even ask Vis to try and make everyone happy. He picks a direction goes that direction and leaves behind a great foundation for people to work from (and do heavy changes to make the game they want).

Vis2k is great about helping people when they need it, if the community doesn't help you first, however unless your game direction/ideas are in line with vis you will be doing some heavy tweaking to make it your own. He has done a great job choosing the common systems for mainstream mmo style development. If you wanna get original though, that is going to be on you :)

44. cevkiv

cevkiv

I understand it's unreasonable to expect him to do it for me, I'm intending on doing it myself since it's a sort of niche and little used concept; I was just asking, or trying to ask poorly, if given how the rest of everything is designed, if he thought that was a stupid way to go about doing it. Apologies.

45. Xype

Xype

Nah plenty are doing it :)

46. Haydara

Haydara

Hi,
    After updating to the last version i am getting the following error:
    Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error CS0103 The name 'sourceSkill' does not exist in the current context Test01 C:\Users\...\Projects\Unity\Test01\Assets\uMMORPG\Scripts\SkillEffectBuff.cs 15 Active

Where should the "sourceSkill" variable be defined?

47. mischa2k

mischa2k

That script was deleted in the latest updated. Now it's only those:
    upload_2018-2-5_12-45-0.png

So make sure to delete all the other skill effect scripts in your project!

Haydara likes this.
  48. Haydara

Haydara

Thanks, it is working now

mischa2k likes this.
  49. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: next version submitted for review (maintenance):

V1.103 [pending review]
    • Updated documentation
    • Database.CharacterLoad health/mana are only assigned after maximum health and mana were fully loaded
    • Pet.CanAttack comment fixed
    • Player/Monster/Npc CanAttack uses 'entity is Type' instead of 'GetType' to work with inheriting classes too
    • Skill and Buff levels are saved and loaded in database again
    • Entity.OnDeath added and called by inheriting classes (Monster/Player/Pet) to save code
    • Skillbar cooldown circles
    • Skills list cooldown circles
    • Player.SelectionHandling: Raycast ignore self part moved to Utils
    • NetworkMessages: CharactersAvailableMsg now uses partial CharacterPreview structs and addon system can load additional values like player's health if needed in character selection UI

50. mica2727

mica2727

Hello, I would like to make it possible for the character to attack (for example to send a magic ball in front of him if he does not meet a monster). Is it possible ?

Bug detected...

The class named 'SkillTemplate' is abstract. The script class can't be abstract...
    Fixing Reference to the runtime script in scene file !

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018