Search Unity

uMMORPG Official Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mischa2k, Dec 29, 2015.

1. mica2727

mica2727

Hello, I bought your script at the beginning of the week and I have a lot of trouble adding the 3D model. I followed your tutorial well, the character is in the right direction, I put the bow to him, I modified the problems of size of the character, but nothing makes there, all the "mesh skinned" and "Skinned Mesh" Component "turns off as soon as the character is loaded. I changed the animations, and now the character comes alive ... But I have no control over it, I can not move it. Only the Idle animation runs in a loop. What did I forget about not having control of the character?

Sorry for the translation I am french and I used google translation.

2. mischa2k

mischa2k

Maybe you forgot to add a collider? NetworkProximityChecker disables meshes if there's no collider anywhere.

3. Demonith88

Demonith88

4. mischa2k

mischa2k

Someone reported this bug on the UNET forum a while ago too.
    I think you need to run WebGL on a non-ssl website (http instead of https).

5. Demonith88

Demonith88

Ok i have try on many sites have different errors what about this one ?

Sry if is not a question for this thread :/

6. mica2727

mica2727

Thanks for your answer but I think it's a problem of axis ... The models are import of Blender as it, and the very first time I had to import my model in FBX that if was 100 times more big and upside down across the entire map.

I work on blender with the plugin ManuelBastioniLAB which creates an anime character, if I export with FBX the character to size concerns, however with Blender the problem has no problem and it was imported correctly (animation, and 3D model).

Except that the axes are not good the red axis is down. I already had a component on the "pelvis" as you tell me, except that if it is leaning, the only one it is not it is that of the root "MB ...".

I attach you the images:

7. mischa2k

mischa2k

There's no JSON in uMMORPG, this is definitely either a UNET or a WebGL build bug. I'd recommend reporting it to Unity and trying a different/newer Unity version. Also it's https again, you should try one with http instead.

So you see the model but not the equipment? And the idle animation works?

I recommend going through the character creation tutorial in the documentation once step by step to understand how this works. Might make things easier afterwards.

Demonith88 likes this.
  8. mica2727

mica2727

I imported the model in FBX (I changed the scales in 1.0 everything is correct, the model is well created and the axes are good (the Y is at the top) is displayed but still no Skinned Mesh active.

Actually the animation had a problem I was wrong avatar to test, I added, I put the prefab in the game, then I started the server and I took another character we can see the prefab with a skinned mesh and the idle animation that works.

But when I select the character "Faerie" if it no longer has "Skinned Mesh Component" I activated the components manually and by doing that it activates the controller and the character starts to move, when I activate the TShirt and Pants I see them add and move on the character.

But nothing activates at the beginning, and precisely I followed your tutorial, I put the colission on the pelvis, then added it in the prefab, after I also added the prefab in the networkmanager, and the weaponMount, by the way when I activate the "Skinned Mesh" the arc moves.

Here are more pictures:
    The first shows when I play with the prefab "Archer" by importing directly into the scene the prefab "Human".
    The second also but in another view (the animation works).
    The third is when I play with the prefab "Human" (the character in the server) while the added one still works.

EDIT :

I just saw something and I think I'm on a good track, your character has equipment (feet, armor etc) and mine no, in fact they are added to the character. If I remove for example "pants" and "tshirt" it remains the body of the character below. They are add on top.

I think my character is poorly imported. I just tried to remove the components one by one and saving the prefab "archer" without colission it works, without animation also even when the 3 are false they work.

So I think the problem comes directly from the costume of my character.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  9. mica2727

mica2727

To understand and help you I decided to start over again, I reimported the Ummorpg script and emptied the database.
    At the beginning I create a folder "Human" then I add my FBX ASCII (converted with Blender), I remove the animations of MBLab, I replace Default Take by Full Anim, then I add the 5 animations.
    I also check Loop Time and Loop Pose for the animation Run, and the other Loop Pose by Drop Dead because it dies only once ...

I am duplicating the Archer model (CTRL + D) and then adding it to the scene and deleting the 3D Model. I add my model in the hierarchy, I assign the textures. And finally I increase by 100 the scale of the 3D Model, otherwise it is tiny ... I rename also the name of the hierarchy in 3D Model as described in the tutorial.
    Then…

I add the capsule controller on the Pelvis bone, with an X-Axis direction (because this one is not in the good sense with ManuelBastioniLAB) there is that the basic hierarchy that is well positioned (the MBLab_sk ...)
    I duplicate the controller of the archer then I add it in the folder "Human", I add the animations previously made with the character I imported.

Then the controller I rename it in Controller, then I import the controller and the avatar of the character I created in the prefab. Then I add the prefab in Network Manager MMO.
    Then I start the game, I create a new character of the class Human, and again nothing is displayed.
    Could it be that MBLab and its various modifiers that is problematic? because the character import on GAIA is correctly imported and the animations work for example on the controller "ThirdPerson" of Unity3D the character moves perfectly.
    I will continue my investigations with a character to create (just a ball without any equipment, and I will see if this model is important, because it is not the animations nor the avatar that raises worries but the clothes or this side there.

If you have an idea I'm interested because it's a lot of times that I read the tutorial.

EDIT :

Even with a simple model nothing is displayed, and I have absolutely no idea why. Everything works fine on other scenes with GAIA and the controller, so I'll do otherwise. I'm going to import your scripts without using your scene and manage to import the inventory, the database part etc into my project without adding everything then it does not work.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  10. mischa2k

mischa2k

Maybe try without tshirt etc. first and go from there?
    The warrior uses skinned mesh equipment - you can see how it works when you look at the prefab. Also note that the warrior skinned mesh equipment was exported as separate fbx files, not into the warrior itself.

11. mica2727

mica2727

I just tested again from a new angle, I added the prefab "Archer" in the scene then mine, I added the 3D Model of the archer in that of my character, I delete the skins from the character of the archer, I just leave the frame, and I imported my character, then I save the prefab. My character works, the animations too, but if I remove the basic bones (that of the archer) the character disappears and the "Skinned Mesh" is deactivated. I tried to add a new colission circle, to duplicate it, to take the basic one and to put it in mine nothing does it every time it does not work. I would like to know why the game does not accept the colission (or do not find) that of my character. Whether I set it in the Player Component or not, it does not change anything.

Do not pay attention to the animation I imported it quickly to see if my hypothesis was the right one.

12. Demonith88

Demonith88

No meter where i upload webgl i get the same error can some one test i just try fresh new build WebGL and not working. And everywhere is https there is no http

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  13. gghitman69

gghitman69

I'm okay

14. Demonith88

Demonith88

Here is debug from website when i click login the error appears

15. mischa2k

mischa2k

Then you need to find a 'http' web server without 'https' :)

Did you go through the step by step tutorial in the documentation? Please do. This is really not that difficult, it's just swapping out a mesh. Please try it with the meshes in uMMORPG already exactly like in the documentation. Once you managed to get this to work, doing it with any other mesh will be no problem.

16. mica2727

mica2727

Exactly I just tried with your mesh Archer, and Warrior does nothing, always the same mistake. I'm going to make a video it will be simpler and for you to see what I forgot because I can not find at all.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  17. mischa2k

mischa2k

Can you try setting the 3D model's layer to Player:
    upload_2017-11-26_16-43-59.png
    And press Yes to apply to all children when asked.

Please let me know if that works.

JacobFalling likes this.
  18. mica2727

mica2727

I deleted the database for it to be recreated, I removed everything on my stage is reimport uMMORPG (from the World scene to mine without saving the World), then I added the Player character in the Test scene. I then change the layer and then save (I put a colission component on the pelvis) and put it in the Player script. I went down all the prefab skeletons so that it was all on the ground (I had a problem with the NavMesh), I started the map, and everything works. I just have to do the walking animation of the character. And the improved, I even killed a monster in the game and I'm good at level 2 and my animation was done correctly. I asked myself a question on the other hand, can one transform your script uMMORPG but so that the character is free of his attacks? For example there the system works that we must select the monster and after pressing a key, I would like that we can directly attack by pressing the X key for example who would launch the simple attack "in the wind "and if ever there is a monster around this time if the damage is inflicted on the monster. I'm not asking for the system to be done, I'm doing it, I'm just asking which files to edit that handles attacks and colissions.

19. The-Sovereign

The-Sovereign

Just put your player and all its childrens (clothes included) into the "Player" layer.

JacobFalling and mischa2k like this.
  20. gghitman69

gghitman69

Hi @vis2k i like MMORPG
    I have in my scene a terrain divide in several that I hide according to the position of the player
    So my NPC's are also hiding and not register by server
    So in the proximity I add a networkserver.spawn (prefabs,assetid)
    It would be intractable to add because the scene will load faster

21. mischa2k

mischa2k

I am not sure if I understand your question?

22. gghitman69

gghitman69

YOU have a single terrain with all your object and NPC active monster so when you start the server everything is register
    the MMO has a big card with plenty of NPC monster and other
    You are forced to disable part of the map and NPC and Monster
    But if you do that it will not be taken into account by the server
    So just add a proximitycustumchecker (networkserver.spawn(existing prefabs,assetid))

23. mischa2k

mischa2k

Update:
    • V1.95 [released 2017-11-29]
      • NetworkManagerMMO.OnServerAddPlayer addon hook parameters added to prepare for a NetworkZones fix
    • V1.96 [released 2017-11-29]
      • Upgraded to Unity 2017.1.2p3 for important bug fixes (e.g. Fog shader bug with d3d9 error when building)
      • UICharacterInfo, UICrafting default hotkeys swapped
      • WSAD movement doesn't try to find a path behind a wall anymore (unlike click movement)
      • Fixed some NavMesh holes by smoothing out the terrain around them
      • Removed one unnecessary mountain peak model in the background
      • UnityVersionCheck component added to NetworkManager to notify people about the recommended Unity version for uMMORPG if they use a different one

runningbird likes this.
  24. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: V1.97 was submitted for review!

• Player.skillbar+skillbarHotkeys are now in one array of SkillbarEntry
    • Player.equipmentTypes+Locations+DefaultEquipment are now in one array of EquipmentInfo
    • Skill cast progress bar
    • Fixed missing Particle material for Blessing and Health Aura
    • Updated documentation
    • All Player/Monster/Npcs models reimported as Humanoid: able to retarget animations now
    • Stylistic fog removed and replaced with built-in Fog from Lighting settings
    • Precise Shot requires Skill Experience to learn now

Melman-RGB and runningbird like this.
  25. JacobFalling

JacobFalling

Could you add this bit to your instructions, Vis? Like Mica, I leapt to a dozen more complicated possible solutions before finding it myself, since it doesn't just seem to render the models invisible, but seems to invalidate many other functions. :)

-Jacob

26. mischa2k

mischa2k

Yup, already added it a few days ago!

27. mischa2k

mischa2k

Update: V1.97 [released 2017-12-05]
    • Player.skillbar+skillbarHotkeys are now in one array of SkillbarEntry
    • Player.equipmentTypes+Locations+DefaultEquipment are now in one array of EquipmentInfo. Make sure to reassign the locations when upgrading!
    • Skill cast progress bar
    • Fixed missing Particle material for Blessing and Health Aura
    • Updated documentation
    • All Player/Monster/Npcs models reimported as Humanoid: able to retarget animations now
    • Stylistic fog removed and replaced with built-in Fog from Lighting settings
    • Precise Shot requires Skill Experience to learn now

28. mischa2k

mischa2k

uMMORPG Sale ends very soon, grab it while you can: http://u3d.as/mAn

Update:

V1.98 [released 2017-12-07]
    • Bandit: fixed strong hit animation (humanoid)
    • Monsters can use more than one skill now (the bandit already has two skills now)
    • Selection indicator is now projected onto the underground
    • Fixed lighting optimization/prefabs layers from 'npc' to default
    • Player.localPlayerClickThrough option implemented
    • Pet rotation fixed

29. GusM

GusM

Anybody got it successfully running on an iPad and connecting to a server on a Mac computer? I tried with the manual short instructions and got it built, but I just cannot access to the server. It always gives me a Timeout error. I am not a programer, so I would need a step by step instruction. Thanks in advance.

30. mischa2k

mischa2k

You do need some basic networking knowledge to get computers on your network to talk to each other. There can be ports / firewalls that you need to open/disable in some cases. This is different in just about any hosting situation - although it works by default in a great majority of them. For UNET I recommend my tutorial: https://noobtuts.com/unity/unet-server-hosting because that host + that setup definitely works.

31. VE_GAME

VE_GAME

Hi
    Unet supports 1 scene.
    I can not decide to use Unet / uMMORPG for my project.
    I have a lot of small locations in the project .
    What is less das load on the server
    Many locations on one scene ?
    or
    For each location its own scene ?
    Sorry for bad english :)

Example

Attached Files:

32. VE_GAME

VE_GAME

Locations will be much more, this is an example.

33. mischa2k

mischa2k

I released a NetworkZones addon for uMMORPG where you can run one scene per server process if necessary.
    As rule of thumb, I recommend to put as much as possible into one scene until things get too slow, then use more scenes.

runningbird likes this.
  34. VE_GAME

VE_GAME

Thanks for the answer
    What is better in performance?
    In which case will the server load less?

35. VE_GAME

VE_GAME

NetworkZones addon Is it sold separately?

36. runningbird

runningbird

The NetworkZones addon is free to anyone who purchases UMMORPG :)

mischa2k likes this.
  37. VE_GAME

VE_GAME

Thank you

38. mischa2k

mischa2k

Depends on what you mean with performance.
    How fast it starts up?
    How many players it can handle?
    How much CPU it uses in total?

VE_GAME likes this.
  39. VE_GAME

VE_GAME

This )

40. mischa2k

mischa2k

More zones equals more players it can handle of course. Also means more CPU usage because more cores can be used.

41. VE_GAME

VE_GAME

Thanks

42. chiapet1021

chiapet1021

Howdy @vis2k. I had a couple questions about the zone add-on, if you wouldn't mind:

- Is there documentation about the add-on on your website that I could peruse for an overview of the functionality?

- Do you have plans to invest more into zones for uMMORPG? It seems like the Unity networking server library is in a state of limbo now, which is unfortunate, but I suppose it presents an opportunity for the developer community to fill in the gap.

Thanks in advance for the response. :)

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  43. mischa2k

mischa2k

The zones addon can be found in our discord server for verified people (who purchased uMMORPG). It comes with a readme file, I will attach it here.

As for investing more into it: if necessary, of course. They work fine so far, so not much to invest at the moment.

Attached Files:

chiapet1021 and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  44. m0rr0ws0n

m0rr0ws0n

Hello I'm thinking about purchasing ummorpg but I have a concern. Let's say my game becomes successful and I get many players...how any players can ummorpg actually handle? You always hear thats the main difficulty of mmorpgs...the massive part. Would it be easy to integrate something like smartfox server into this if my game gets too many players to handle (if thats even a problem)?

45. chiapet1021

chiapet1021

How many players your game can handle (whether using uMMORPG or not) is dependent upon too many factors to estimate without context. The specs of your server hardware and the complexity of your game logic are probably the two general categories you can bucket those factors into. The more powerful your hardware (probably CPU being the most important factor), the more concurrent players your server can handle. The more complex your game logic (e.g., the more networked values the server has to maintain and communicate out to the connected clients/players), the fewer concurrent players the server would be able to handle.

There are too many variables for anyone to make a good estimate. The best thing you can do is conduct load testing yourself with your actual server and client builds.

mischa2k, BackwoodsGaming and Teila like this.
  46. Teila

Teila

Yep, what Chiapet said.

Also, it will depend on how you set up your game. This is true of any online game. If you get thousands of players and your game is set up to handle 70, you will have a problem. Do some research and find out how to set up game environments to distribute load so you can handle more. Watch your models to make sure they are optimized. No server is going to help is your game is super heavy...the cost to you for the monthly server fees will be enormous.

chiapet1021 and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  47. mischa2k

mischa2k

This question is asked a lot, and the long answer can be found here: https://ummorpg.net/faq/
    Also note that I created a NetworkZones addon which allows you to run one scene per server process - this allows for quite a lot of players.

chiapet1021 likes this.
  48. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: next version submitted for review. Only a few small changes this time, but with quite the impact!

V1.99 [in development]
    • Player.OnDragAndDrop_InventorySlot_InventorySlot uses configurable keys now; Utils.AnyKeyPressed added
    • Monster.OnAggro distance comparison doesn't happen for the same target anymore. This saves a LOT of computations when dealing with large amounts of monsters and players.
    • Database.CharacterSave saves status effect skills like murderer now too
    • Fixed UI Pet Revive Panel assignment which caused the internal panel to become invisible when walking away, instead of the window becoming invisible.

49. wangkai

wangkai

How to increase the distance between the monsters and the players' vigilance

50. mischa2k

mischa2k

Increase the visRange in the NetworkProximityChecker component that all entities have.