Search Unity

uMMORPG Official Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mischa2k, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Artificialized

Artificialized

How would one go about adding their own controller??

2. mischa2k

mischa2k

3. KiraELL

KiraELL

@vis2k I think it's better to use git repo? so anyone can update easily.

4. CrandellWS

CrandellWS

5. CrandellWS

CrandellWS

yea you need to create a new scene (so your changes do not get overridden with an update) ... and add the gitignore file in the docs...

as instructed just don't change any of the core files unless you want to track it which can be a pain sometimes even if you know what you are doing...

6. KiraELL

KiraELL

@CrandellWS hello crandel i have lot of modification in my project no problem to me when upgrading to new because have change log, what i mean is when visk have new update in his ummorpg project better he use git because in assetstore you need to wait ,to approve newest update for ummorpg.sorry my english is bad :)

7. scottish02

scottish02

edit: thanks visk its working now :) . just delete the image bec. its a part of your umoba code

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  8. mischa2k

mischa2k

I offered that in discord a few days ago. I could put it for example on bitbucket or github, but would have to pay per user there so I can't offer it for free.

Just drag the parent one in there

9. CrandellWS

CrandellWS

Actually @vis2k on Github you can make the repo private and share it to as many as you like and they will also have private repos without you or them paying extra... This is just how Github is...Yes you will need to pay per month to Github either I think $7 for just a single developer or $25 for a team of 5 (see: https://github.com/pricing)

https://github.com/blog/2164-introducing-unlimited-private-repositories

https://github.com/blog/2034-greater-control-over-forks-of-your-private-repositories

This would be awesome I think... You could allow some to view then fork the repo and submit issues yet still have main control over the system and allow us to use git easily and then we get free private forks based off yours.

I do truly understand not wanting to commit to a lifetime payment on your end so I would not promise this just like the Discord services which can be replaced or omitted at any point

10. mischa2k

mischa2k

Looks like $9/user for a team plan starting at $25:
    upload_2017-11-18_10-37-4.png

Alternative being just a raw Git server - but any time spent on maintenance/updates/server administration is time lost writing code, so that's not a good option.

Bitbucket seems to be a cheaper with $2/user/month.

runningbird likes this.
  11. runningbird

runningbird

I've used bit bucket for years it's pretty good. :)

12. mischa2k

mischa2k

runningbird likes this.
  13. Demonith88

Demonith88

Did some one try to make skill tree more rpg like not like this can it be made like wow ?

14. mischa2k

mischa2k

You could give skills a requiredSkill property the same way that I did with quests.

Demonith88 likes this.
  15. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: working on some WSAD movement improvements today to make it feel significantly better.

runningbird likes this.
  16. Demonith88

Demonith88

and plz add jump :/

runningbird likes this.
  17. runningbird

runningbird

just purchased!!

mischa2k likes this.
  18. TonanBora

TonanBora

Found a bug:
    When I drag something into the crafting window, I cannot drag it back out.
    The only way to get rid of it, is to craft something with it, then the crafting window clears.

19. Demonith88

Demonith88

I meanlike UI design can we redone in to new one like wow style skill tree and stuff like that

20. mischa2k

mischa2k

Sure, start with the Unity UI manual to get a feeling for how to reorder things.

Which uMMORPG version and which Unity version do you use? It works fine with 2017.1 and the latest uMMORPG version.

One step after another..

Thanks for buying!

CrandellWS likes this.
  21. Demonith88

Demonith88

@vis2k ahaha i love your answer keep up at good work...thinking what will be on 2.0 :/

22. TonanBora

TonanBora

Ah, it works when you drag the item out into empty space. I was trying to drag it back into the inventory. :p

23. mischa2k

mischa2k

Ah yes. The item never actually leaves the inventory, the crafting items are just 'links' to the inventory.

24. Demonith88

Demonith88

I trying to add DB to HeidiSql but i get BLOB/TEXT column 'name' used in key specification without a key length */ did some one try to add it to sql i exported to sql file

25. gearedgeek

gearedgeek

I'm new to the party. I tried out the demo and I have a few questions. Any news about new classes? Or is it just Warrior and Archer? Is there spell effects vfx? Is there health bars over the creatures heads? What about vfx to show the player that a corpse needs to be looted? Any info about having instanced dungeons?

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  26. CrandellWS

CrandellWS

It is a Game Template...not a full game...you add what you want... read the docs it will explain.

27. mischa2k

mischa2k

I haven't tried HeidiSql yet. Maybe some field names aren't allowed there and you have to rename them first?

Warrior and Archer should be enough for now since melee and ranged combat are the only two options anyway.
    There are some simple spell effects yes.
    Someone made a community addon for healthbars above the creatures heads I believe.
    Loot effect is planned.
    Instanced dungeons: I did release a 'Network Zones' addon a while ago, so we can split the game world between multiple server instances. This could be modified to instanced dungeons I suppose.

CrandellWS likes this.
  28. Demonith88

Demonith88

How to supposed to do public server i dont have mac or linux like on document u sad i have windows and this bat file not working when i run it is there other solution to make this public server or its in work

29. mischa2k

mischa2k

30. Demonith88

Demonith88

31. KiraELL

KiraELL

server can run in windows just set your ip in networkmanagerMMO and build it after that click server only to run your server,

32. Demonith88

Demonith88

Is there a way to replace Unet with Forge Network

33. KiraELL

KiraELL

you need to rewrite whole networking

34. Demonith88

Demonith88

I have try with normal local host and its normaly working like u say but when i use my IP its just saying connected to database and disconnecting it who ever want to connect. Its like the server wont connect to database

35. mischa2k

mischa2k

Do you know basic server hosting? If not, try and go through a few tutorials. You probably have to free a port or configure a firewall - that's why I recommend my tutorial above - this way you can just follow it step by step without too much trouble.

36. Demonith88

Demonith88

Trust me i know about hosting i think its about database its not getting information from it somehow hmm i will try to do something also this tutorial that u showed me its not for windows users i cant use headless build if i can i will not ask for another solution or just run a game on server only on a crapy pc that is not so good solution well better something then nothing

37. KiraELL

KiraELL

try open port 7777 and disable your windows firewall,

38. Demonith88

Demonith88

At disconnect i have this

39. mischa2k

mischa2k

CrandellWS likes this.
  40. Demonith88

Demonith88

Could not load file or assembly 'Mono.Cecil, Version=0.9.66.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756' or one of its dependencies.
    UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorCompilationInterface:TickCompilationPipeline(EditorScriptCompilationOptions, BuildTargetGroup, BuildTarget)

41. Demonith88

Demonith88

Unity is stuck on compiling and poping out that error above but trying with new project no error

42. gearedgeek

gearedgeek

Thanks for the info. I seen that someone else has asked about jumping and I'm guessing it's planned. What about strafe walking/running? This next question kind of ties in with strafe, what about setting up the camera to follow the character's direction? Something like WoW.

43. Demonith88

Demonith88

I cant make it work with my project i get that error
    When i create new with imported new fresh asset

44. mischa2k

mischa2k

Context? The default uMMORPG project builds just fine. Did you change anything?

The 'Method not found: 'Unity.UNetWeaver.Program.Process' error was in one of the HLAPI versions that they uploaded, but they fixed it by now. What did you download exactly?

Strafing mostly just requires a different animation. You can also make the camera follow the player easily - e.g. by making it a child of the player.

45. Demonith88

Demonith88

I will try again i have download HLAPI Pro 2017.2 (2017-11-16)

46. Demonith88

Demonith88

Reinstaling the Unity fixed the problem but have aloot of image effects errors after build cant build at all

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  47. Joker1980

Joker1980

Instead of having to chose between a warrior or a archer. Could it be made where the player could use either type of weapon. Maybe the player wants to mostly use a sword however the player might want to use a bow, staff, or even use a spear. Please add this into a future update. Where the player can use any type of weapon they desire without having to make different people just to use a single type of weapon.

48. gearedgeek

gearedgeek

How would you assign the camera to follow with the player is a prefab?

49. mischa2k

mischa2k

'MonoBehaviour' could not be found? I'd say something went really wrong. Try installing Unity 2017.1.0p1 and then downloading uMMORPG from scratch, that does work just fine.

That's already possible, you'd just need a lot more animations per model.

Make it a child of the player object.

50. Old_Wolf

Old_Wolf

Yes, it works for instances, BUT, it requires one server instance to be open for EVERY instance running. If, like S.U.N. or other games of the like, you run 20-30 'battle zones', yuo'll bring your server to it's knees in about 10 seconds flat. The Zones update works great for hub type games, like Neosteam etc, where only a few large maps are needed. So far.....I should add. A few of us are working on that very idea. Instance dungeons are a bit of a staple in MMO's these days, so there must be a way we can achieve it.