Search Unity

uMMORPG Official Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mischa2k, Dec 29, 2015.

1. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: finished the Pet feature! Will do some more testing now and submit it to the Asset Store during the next few days.

Bernadino77 and JBR-games like this.
  2. mischa2k

mischa2k

Some new uMMORPG screenshots that I just took:
    screenshot1.png
    screenshot2.png

screenshot3.png

Melman-RGB and Bernadino77 like this.
  3. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: Pet System was submitted for review!

JBR-games likes this.
  4. tequyla

tequyla

the pet can attack too with avatar with dedicated hotkey bar ?

pet has dedicated skills trees too ?

nice feature !

5. mischa2k

mischa2k

The Pet defends the owner and attacks whatever the owner attacks.
    More features will come later.

6. mischa2k

mischa2k

Update:

V1.89 [released 2017-10-10]
    • Note: make sure to use Unity 2017.1.0p1 to avoid a spawn position bug that would affect pets.
    • Monster: Added missing addon hooks for OnDeath, OnAggro, UpdateClient
    • Pet System

Melman-RGB likes this.
  7. Zhenite

Zhenite

@vis2k the archer class already available in 2D UMMO? Can I use sprits with 8 positions? Can I create the maps and save as prefabs already with the navmesh and go load as the player walks?

8. mischa2k

mischa2k

Please use the uMMORPG 2D thread for uMMORPG 2D so that others can read the answers too.

Archer code is all ready, just waiting for my artist to draw an archer sprite and a weapon.
    Not sure what you mean with 8 positions or with the maps.

Zhenite likes this.
  9. mischa2k

mischa2k

Update:
    V1.90 [released 2017-10-11]
    • Monster, Npc default max. Mana set to 0
    • Database: invalid Player position causes reset to nearest spawn point now
    • Player Start: equipment isn't shown/instantiated/animated on the server anymore

10. Zhenite

Zhenite

The link "forum" of the asset store uMMORPG2D points to here.
    Can the character and the Mobs have 8 spin positions? (in the example video shows only north, south, east and west)
    On the map, I will buy to test.

You could make uMMO2D type an RPGMaker. I'm sure it would be one of the best selling assets in the store if it was not for the most.

11. mischa2k

mischa2k

Thanks for letting me know, I will fix the link. Here is the 2D forum thread by the way: https://forum.unity.com/threads/ummorpg-2d-official-thread-the-unity-2d-mmorpg-asset.482510/

4 vs 8 directional animations are 100% animator controller based, no networking involved. So yes, you can change that very easily just like in any other 2D game. You would need to add your own 8 directional sprites of course.

What do you mean wit uMMORPG 2D Rpg Maker? It kinda is already, isn't it? You can add quests, items, sprites, players without writing a single line of code.

Zhenite likes this.
  12. Zhenite

Zhenite

Yes Vis, of course it is very easy to use, but if it had a tileset map editor and turn-by-turn combat options would be fantastic.
    It would still generate a parallel market for selling tilesets, character and etc, just like in RPGMaker.

13. mischa2k

mischa2k

There are a lot of really good tileset editors on the asset store already. Unity 2017.2 is supposedly introducing their own now too, so that will be good.

Zhenite likes this.
  14. KiraELL

KiraELL

@vis2k i add now pet, my question is when summon pet how to follow his owner? its always idle. its good when owner walk and pet should follow. it follow when only click attack and defend when player attack monster.

15. mischa2k

mischa2k

Command follow isn't implemented yet. Let's test the existing pet features first to make sure that everything is stable.

KiraELL likes this.
  16. BetterLiving

BetterLiving

Hey @vis2k is there a way to change select target , like without being selecting monster. if you click attack or any skill when you near in monster it will cast skill without selecting monster , ofcourse it will damage the monster. This good for mobile.

this idea post kiugetski in help section in discord but not answer. hope you know.

17. mischa2k

mischa2k

Would have to modify CmdCastSkill to pass (skill, target) instead of just (skill). And then set target from in there, done.

18. BetterLiving

BetterLiving

you mean this part
    // apply the skill on the target
    CastSkill(skill);

i got error : Player.cs(704,13): error CS1501: No overload for method `CastSkill' takes `2' arguments

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  19. mischa2k

mischa2k

Yes this function. Well you have to change the code that calls it too of course.

20. KiraELL

KiraELL

This is good, visk can you complete code what need to put, i like the idea.

21. mischa2k

mischa2k

Try it yourself mate, I am sure you will learn something!

22. TonanBora

TonanBora

@vis2k
    Know what I would absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to see?
    Namespacing, that thing that helps separate your work, from others. The thing that helps reduce asset conflicts, especially when your asset has scripts with commonly used names like "Window", "Player", "Entity", "Quest" etc

I hate having to go through all your scripts, and add proper name spacing myself, to every single one of your scripts just to start working again after an update or fresh project.

Another programmer on our team had a similar experience. Apparently, he was getting a lot of errors, and had your asset in his project. I told him that you do not namespace your scripts, and so it causes conflicts with almost every other asset on the asset store. He namespaced your scripts, and poof, the errors all vanished into the void.

As I might have mentioned before, it is far, FAR easier for you to namespace your asset, than to force this on developers, and to be quite honest, is simple to implement (unless you have to do it for a hundred scripts after every update).

Just now, I was happily coding away, creating some test code for our skill system, when I ran into yet another conflict caused by lack of namespacing. I always namespace my scripts, but because your scripts all reside in the global namespace, ALL namespaces accesses them, and my Skill.cs conflicted with yours, so I either:
    1) had to go back and name space all of your stuff... AGAIN
    OR
    2) Specify WatreGames.LOA.Skills.Skill every time I wanted to access MY skill.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  23. BetterLiving

BetterLiving

zone not work in mobile , player cant move, null reference ( tested on fresh project)

24. mischa2k

mischa2k

Will consider it.

You can't host zones on your phone, only on the server

25. Teila

Teila

I think you said that the last time this was brought up. ;)

26. Kalle801

Kalle801

Is it anyhow possible to make loot items "Drop" instead of open a "loot window" ?
    Same fot things i dont need: Just drop them into the world and some other players can pick them up?

27. cjoo

cjoo

Hello !
    I m looking for a patching solution for my game. Somebody know one ? Not itch.io cause i want a true updater that the player can download on my website ... And somebody know when the UNET Phase 3 will be released ?
    Thanks you :)

28. mischa2k

mischa2k

I know. I am still not sure about it, as it would break the projects of a whole lot of uMMORPG customers.

Yes, but would cause a whole lot of more GameObjects in the scene and probably be way slower.

itch.io is exactly that. IMO any time spent on reinventing the wheel with a patcher is time lost on your game, which greatly reduces the chance of success.

29. Teila

Teila

I do understand that. It is a good point.

However, at the moment, anyone who tries to add their own stuff to your framework has a broken project. I rather wonder how many inexperienced coders have given up on uMMORPG because every time they tried to add their own stuff or integrate another asset, they had problems.

The biggest problem is when uMMORPG is updated. It breaks our entire project so we either cannot update, which is a pity since when Unity or Unet update, we really need those.

uMMORPG is advertised as a framework, and you encourage people to add their own, make it their own project. We used another expensive mmo tool that is here on the asset quite some time ago and had to dump it because it was impossible to make changes unless you paid thousands for the source code. Your asset is fabulous because we can add our own stuff without losing out on what you provide that we can use ourselves.

But frameworks should be made so people can add without having to through and redo when uMMORPG updates. Yes, of course, there will always be a need to update our code to go with yours. But the namespacing is a simple fix and annoying.

I am not sure how to avoid affecting others projects though. The good news though is that they would only have to do it once this time, rather than every time there is another update. And it will make it so much less painful to integrate really great assets out there.

30. TonanBora

TonanBora

This is what update guides are for. :p
    Besides, all they would need to do is add a measly Using statement and boom, back to work, as opposed to say, encapsulating all your code into a namespace to avoid conflicts.
    Which is easier? :p

31. Old_Wolf

Old_Wolf

It shows you what files it is going to upgrade before you commit to it. Backup any conflicting files, and just insert the differing code after the upgrade. Build as much as you can externally to the package itself to keep things compartmentalised. I keep 2 versions. One vanilla, to test mods on, and one Final, where finished code is added.

32. TonanBora

TonanBora

That is all well and good if you do not intend to use other assets in your projects, for example Inventory Pro.

33. Old_Wolf

Old_Wolf

I think that, in the end, you need to just start using a certain iteration and stick with it. You can optionally update only the components that need it that way. Vis posts whats in the updates as he makes them. It's not perfect, but it works. Don't worry, I have overwritten a scene that I spent hours working on...sorta how I came to figure it out :)

34. Kalle801

Kalle801

What about camera collision, to prevent the Camera from going under the Terrain or looking through walls and obstacles?

35. mischa2k

mischa2k

See CameraMMO.cs - code is already in there, just uncomment it.

Kalle801 likes this.
  36. Kalle801

Kalle801

Amazing! Works like a charm.

37. Kalle801

Kalle801

Is it possible to click mouse only once "hold" and follow it?

38. KiraELL

KiraELL

I run my server then when i try it to run in android phone character is not walk its all stuck even pet and got error null reference. This is with zone addon. Tested in fresh project with zone. Same problem

39. mischa2k

mischa2k

Yes if you implement it - it's doable, try it!

Zones are still experimental - could be that there are some HLAPI bugs left to fix.
    Please try it on non-mobile and see if it works there. That's the first goal.

40. KiraELL

KiraELL

I run my server then when i try it to run in android phone character is not walk its all stuck even pet and got error null reference. This is with zone addon. Tested in fresh project with zone. Same problem

41. Old_Wolf

Old_Wolf

..and I quote 'Zones are still experimental'. We are still testing zones and finding all the bugs. You have found one...so figure out how to fix it and let us know. That's what we are ALL doing. Vis is only ONE man...he can't do it all...

42. mischa2k

mischa2k

Yes so if you look at the zones code, there's not really too much going there. It just disconnects from one server and connects to another.

The whole problem is that HLAPI has a lot of issues with reconnecting to another server. E.g. if you try zones with default HLAPI and not HLAPI Pro - you'll see that it randomly either won't work at all, or that you'll get readstring out of range bugs after walking through portals a few times. All of those bugs were already fixed in HLAPI Pro - so that zones actually run pretty well on windows/linux/mac so far.

But yes, there could easily be a few more HLAPI bugs left to fix. Working on things 24/7, it'll be fine.

43. Kalle801

Kalle801

If i give a user "me" some coins, while i am connected to the server and then reconnect, the value is automatically changed back to "0". How can i change that pls?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  44. mischa2k

mischa2k

Modifying inspector values on the client won't have any effect (except visual). You have to either modify them in host mode or modify them in the database.

45. Kalle801

Kalle801

I just installed NuCore for 1.8.5 but i get the following Problem now: All Names are shown as [Name] (Monsters/Players). Is there any Solution for this?

46. mischa2k

mischa2k

You would have to ask the person who created the addon either on the ummorpg.net forum or in our discord. I also recommend only considering addons that work with the latest uMMORPG version.

47. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: next version was submitted for review!

V1.91 [in development]
    • Party HUD: fixed masking for large amounts of party members
    • Workaround for Unity 2017.2 UI bug #960900 to prepare for upgrade

48. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: Art update coming soon...
    socialmedia3.png

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  49. TonanBora

TonanBora

What?!
    I want my blue grid floor back! :p

50. mischa2k

mischa2k

I liked it too, just doesn't look so good for promotional material.
    It's in Unity's Standard Assets though, so it's not going anywhere.