Search Unity

uMMORPG Official Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mischa2k, Dec 29, 2015.

1. mischa2k

mischa2k

Party system screenshot:
    upload_2017-9-19_14-14-57.png

Unity's new navigation system will allow runtime navmesh generation and the code is on github somewhere. Probably easiest to wait until it's officially included.

Dhoren likes this.
  2. mischa2k

mischa2k

Update:
    V1.86 [released 2017-09-20]
    • Upgraded to Unity 2017.1.1p1 for important bug fixes
    • Player: public Chat component to be assigned in the Inspector instead of GetComponent calls for performance
    • Chat: public Player component to be assigned in the Inspector instead of GetComponent calls for performance
    • Player CmdGuildInviteTarget: uses risky action to avoid spamming
    • Player CmdGuildInviteTarget: can't invite someone that's already in a guild
    • Player.FindOnlineGuildMembers function removed; Chat uses onlinePlayers directly for shorter code and better performance
    • Chat.CmdMsgGuild player.InGuild check added to avoid error when sending a guild message without being in a guild

Dhoren likes this.
  3. mischa2k

mischa2k

Update: Parties!

V1.87 [released 2017-09-20]
    • Party System
    • Player.onlinePlayer works on the client now too (only contains the observers that are known on the client)

Old_Wolf and JBR-games like this.
  4. Dhoren

Dhoren

Awesome. I'm gonna start playing around with it right now. Thanks, this update is much appreciated.

5. Dhoren

Dhoren

I just installed V1.87 and checked out the party system. Very cool, thanks.

6. mischa2k

mischa2k

You are welcome

7. KiraELL

KiraELL

I got installed party system but my problem is not showing the hp and mana of player in party window i mean the fill area where red =hp and blue =mana

8. mischa2k

mischa2k

You need to be around them to see it

KiraELL likes this.
  9. KiraELL

KiraELL

Yes im near them almost but nothing its not fill hp and mana.

10. Xype

Xype

Have you done anything custom to your UI? Are you running any addons? Also suggest you use that HLAPI pro thing in vis's signature.

11. KiraELL

KiraELL

Edit: Fix now i just forgot a single line of code to be change :D thanks guys

12. mischa2k

mischa2k

Good to hear

KiraELL likes this.
  13. Dhoren

Dhoren

Hi Vis2k,

I found some minor issues. Item 1. probably should be taken care of. Item 2. is fine but it just seems like you shouldn't have an invite button for someone that is already in the party.

1. If I target another player and then go out of visibility range the target UI goes away which is good. When I come back into range I can't target that player again unless I target a different target first.

2. When I target a party member I can still see a party invite button for the party member that is already in my group. Not a big deal at all.

3. I also found that when I (isLocalPlayer) go out of visibility range of other players my own syncvars that I assigned prior to going out of visibility range need to be reassigned to all players that I come into visibility range of. Once other players stop seeing me they forget what the syncvar values are that were previously assigned. I am certain this is not a bug but it is something I still have to manage. Basically in the LateUpdate method I am checking to see if the observers.Count on the server increases then I reassign my syncvar values on the server so that the other players are once again aware of what my isLocalPlayer values are.

14. mischa2k

mischa2k

Thanks for letting me know, will take a look.

15. mischa2k

mischa2k

Sunday Progress: fixed an issues where Zones wouldn't work when using more >= 3 scene paths. New zones code can be found in our discord server!

16. Dhoren

Dhoren

I just checked out Discord for the 1st time and read about your HLAPI Pro. Is the Zones code in the HLAPI Pro?

17. mischa2k

mischa2k

Answered you in discord already, but in case anyone else is confused: HLAPI Pro is just for HLAPI bug fixes. Zones are a uMMORPG addon that can be found in the discord's verified channel.

Dhoren likes this.
  18. Zhenite

Zhenite

Friends, MOBs Shoot Skills?

19. mischa2k

mischa2k

What?

20. Zhenite

Zhenite

Sorry if I caused any confusion.
    I wonder if creatures can cast abilities.

Natalynn likes this.
  21. mischa2k

mischa2k

They can cast spells yes.

22. Zhenite

Zhenite

@vis2k, Is there any forecast for UNET allow multiple scenes?

23. mischa2k

mischa2k

Use HLAPI Pro + Zones addon

Zhenite likes this.
  24. mischa2k

mischa2k

I took a look at those.

1. It's a HLAPI bug where GameObject/NetworkIdentity SyncVars get out of sync in certain situations. I will try to fix this with HLAPI Pro, but it will be very difficult and take a while because the way HLAPI syncs GameObjects/NetworkIdentities is fundamentally flawed.

2. The invite button should set to not-interactable for party members in the latest version already.

3. Probably same as 1.

25. Zhenite

Zhenite

@vis2k , UMMORPG is ready for multiple scenes, just use the add-on?

26. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress:
    upload_2017-9-27_15-21-38.png

Depends on what you mean with multiple scenes. HLAPI Pro allows scene switching; Zones addon allows to use one scene per server.exe process.

27. Nazarael

Nazarael

I think the proper question is... is it already possible to switch maps/areas that are made in a separate scene? Like when you hit a portal it would spawn you in a different map/area, thus loading a new scene.

28. Zhenite

Zhenite

uMMORPG already behind HLAPI Pro?
    Does the manual explain how to use the addon?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  29. mischa2k

mischa2k

You can't load another scene on the same server process, otherwise it would be loaded for all other players too. You can only connect to another server process and load that server's scene there. That's what my zones addon does.

What do you mean with behind?
    HLAPI Pro is just HLAP+ bug fixes.
    Zones require those bug fixes and can be found in our discord.

30. Nazarael

Nazarael

Yes I kinda meant loading the scene on the client side after a successful connection to the zone server instance so that's a yes. Does it support MySQL already or is it still backed by Sqlite?

31. mischa2k

mischa2k

I want to keep the code clean so Sqlite is the obvious 'default' solution, so that people can press play and test the game without having to setup a MySQL server.

BUT converting it to MySQL should be rather easy since it's almost entirely the same queries anyway. And someone created an addon for that on the ummorpg.net forum or discord channel somewhere I think.

32. Zhenite

Zhenite

I have checked the HLAPI Pro documentation and have already understood the installation.
    To use ADDOn is there any documentation?
    Can I run more than one server process on the same computer?
    Can I run server processes on different computers?

Vis, on uMMORPG 2D, I want to get it, but first I would like to know if all the features of uMMORPG are present in it. I had seen that some things were missing.

33. mischa2k

mischa2k

The Zones addon has a readme file that explains the installation.
    Server processes all run on the same computer. One powerful dedicated server is way easier to maintain than 5 smaller ones, I think that's the way to do it.

uMMORPG 2D has all the uMMORPG features except those that I didn't finish converting yet. Right now it doesn't have Parties yet, but will soon.

34. Dhoren

Dhoren

Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to look at them.

35. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: next uMMORPG version was submitted for review.

V1.88 [in development]
    • NetworkManager Awake hook changed to Start
    • Chat: Removed unnecessary comment
    • UIChat: AddMessage keepHistory checks deletes half the history each time to avoid Destroy lags
    • Monster OnAggro comment updated
    • Entity.CanAttackType changed to CanAttack(Entity) to prepare for future features
    • Entity.DealDamageAt: AoE damage checks CanAttack so that Npcs can't be attacked by AoE damage anymore

Dhoren likes this.
  36. tequyla

tequyla

Hello vis2k,

i don't remember if uMMORPG is authoritative transaction or not ?

nice work, always.

+++

37. cjoo

cjoo

Hi ,
    Can i use skinned mesh equipment with an humanoid character ?
    My equipment don't follow my humanoid character animation
    Maybe i have to change this line :
    anim.runtimeAnimatorController = animator.runtimeAnimatorController;
    Anyone know ? Thanks you !

38. mischa2k

mischa2k

Yes

Take a look at the warrior, it already uses skinned mesh equipment

39. cjoo

cjoo

Yes but the warrior have animation "generic" . For exemple ,the equipment male warrior top , have an animator and the avatar is male warrior top. How can i get this avatar for aplying my equipment to all my humanoid characters ?
    Thanks you !

40. Old_Wolf

Old_Wolf

ok, a couple of issues I had with the Network Zones addon.
    a) I kept getting an error about a duplicated Event system on returning to world1. Only solution I found for this is to only use world1 as an 'introductory/tutorial' area..only visited on first character creation. You might have a more elegant solution, I think.
    b) The minimap wasn't working, but after adding 'dontdestroyonload' that sorted that.

Could this be used to provide basic 'instance' type areas? Have one Server exe open per instance, with variable world content? (because it would change for each player, or group of players, so it would not have to be a static map)

Dhoren likes this.
  41. mischa2k

mischa2k

I think there is a Unity tutorial somewhere on how to use animations from other models.

Some day group instances should be possible yes. Let's iron out all the existing issues first though.

42. Dhoren

Dhoren

I don't know enough yet about UNET but I keep wondering if you could create a server that doesn't contain a scene that people connect to as a zone but rather just contains collections of data that clients need to determine what scene to load on the client and what mobs or other objects to populate in the zone they are in. The single server could control everything for all zones. I'm guessing sadly that the default behavior might not allow for it but IMHO there should be a way to do it.

43. mischa2k

mischa2k

Could just pass the data in the login message

44. Zhenite

Zhenite

Please give me a hand. As I mentioned earlier here, my project is a GPS-based MMO, my idea is to have a world map scene, where players will move to an anchor that will be the GPS. For this I'm using the asset GoMaps, it generates the entire map dynamically, so it is not possible to create a navmesh previously. Well, in the end what I need is. Since the world map is totally flat and there is no movement impediment, is it possible to make some modification so that the characters and creatures move without Navmesh? If this is not possible I will have to stop the project until something is done in that direction.

45. mischa2k

mischa2k

Just use a character controller + local authority + networktransform, done

46. Zhenite

Zhenite

Okay, but would that be for the creatures too?
    Need to unplug something from your scripts? I'm a little lost in what needs to be done.
    This feature will only be used in the world map scene, the scenes of the dungens and etc. I will need Navmesh.

47. mischa2k

mischa2k

I don't know your project, you said you don't need Navmesh and now you say you need Navmesh.

Generally it's best to figure out the first step to whatever you need and then try to implement it. There are a lot of resources to get you started like the Unity manuals for Navigation, Character Controllers, Networking, etc.

48. mischa2k

mischa2k

Update:

V1.88 [released 2017-10-02]
    • NetworkManager Awake hook changed to Start
    • Chat: Removed unnecessary comment
    • UIChat: AddMessage keepHistory checks deletes half the history each time to avoid Destroy lags
    • Monster OnAggro comment updated
    • Entity.CanAttackType changed to CanAttack(Entity) to prepare for future features
    • Entity.DealDamageAt: AoE damage checks CanAttack so that Npcs can't be attacked by AoE damage anymore

49. Zhenite

Zhenite

In the World map Navmesh disturbs me, but I will be creating other scenes for Dungenons, Raids and in these scenes I will need Navmesh.
    My project uses characters, creatures, and static 2D NPCs with no animations. Do you think that the best option would be to use uMMORPG 2D?
    Is there a forecast for uMMORPG 2D to have the remaining features of uMMORPG?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  50. mischa2k

mischa2k

uMMORPG 2D is always a couple of weeks behind, but it always has the same features at the end. I wouldn't worry about that.

And yes if you want 2D stuff then uMMORPG 2D is best.