Search Unity

uMMORPG Official Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mischa2k, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Demonith88

Demonith88

I have little problem importing sql

2. Dhoren

Dhoren

It's just a basic Cmd and a basic Rpc. The indentation is being removed when I paste it in. I don't know if there's anything I can do about that. The problem is without having a player logged into the server the clients can't walk through the doors. If a player is logged into the server then clients can walk through doors.

I don't know if that's Unet, uMMORPG or something I need to do in the Cmd or Rpc or if it a syncvar issue. I am new to Unet and uMMORPG. I am still trying to figure out if this is a good way to go for a multiplayer RPG style game so I need to be able to move forward with some basic features like opening doors.

3. mischa2k

mischa2k

That's not me. Can you send me a link to that user so we can report it to Unity?
    I hope you didn't send you order number?

uMMORPG uses SQLite. You can use Sqlite Browser to view the database.

You can use the insert code feature here.

Code (CSharp):
    1. code

4. Demonith88

Demonith88

@vis2k Yes i know i can browse that way but i want to import on my host sql for public gaming

5. Dhoren

Dhoren

try:

If Exists Accounts Drop Table Accounts

6. Dhoren

Dhoren

7. Dhoren

Dhoren

Very cool, thank you.

Code (CSharp):
    2.     [Command]
    3.     public void CmdToggleDoor(NetworkIdentity doorIdentity)
    4.     {
    5.         GameObject doorParent = NetworkServer.FindLocalObject(doorIdentity.netId);
    6.         Door door = doorParent.GetComponent<Door>();
    7.         door.isOpenDoor = !door.isOpenDoor;
    8.         RpcToggleDoor(doorIdentity.netId, door.isOpenDoor);
    9.     }
    11.     [ClientRpc]
    12.     void RpcToggleDoor(NetworkInstanceId netId, bool isOpen)
    13.     {
    14.         GameObject doorParent = ClientScene.FindLocalObject(netId);
    16.         if (doorParent != null)
    17.         {
    18.             Door door = doorParent.GetComponent<Door>();
    19.             Animator animator = doorParent.GetComponent<Animator>();
    21.             if (isOpen)
    22.             {
    23.                 animator.SetTrigger("Open");
    24.             }
    25.             else
    26.             {
    27.                 animator.SetTrigger("Close");
    28.             }
    29.         }
    30.     }
    31. [/code
    The problem isn't opening or closing. The doors open and close but the client simply can't walk through an open door unless a player is logged in on the server.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  8. mischa2k

mischa2k

Please send me your order number so I know who to look out for in our discord server.

First thing I noticed it that CmdToggleDoor uses FindLocalObject - but the one that you pass to the function already is the local object.

9. Dhoren

Dhoren

Thanks, I just sent my order number in a conversation with you.

mischa2k likes this.
  10. Dhoren

Dhoren

CmdToggleDoor looks for the NetworkServer.FindLocalObject to get/set the syncvar for the door on the server and RpcToggleDoor is finding the door on the client using ClientScene.FindLocalObject with the same netId so that it can animate the door on the client using the value that was set on the server. This is the first time I've used these commands but I think I did it correctly.

After experimenting further I found that not only does a player have to be logged into the server for another player to walk through the door but they have to be the same class. If a warrior is logged into the server an archer logged into a client can't walk through the door but a warrior logged into a client can. I tried it with all variations. I am suspecting it has something to do with the navigation mesh. It seems as if there's no path through the door on the client even when it's open on the client unless there's also a player of the same class logged into the server.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  11. Demonith88

Demonith88

@vis2k Can u make a public server with windows because your documentary is LINUX only as i see and guid for windows just small part that does no sense for me or is it me

12. Dhoren

Dhoren

Problem is now solved. I was setting the syncvar on the server and using that value to animate doors on the clients but I never animated the door on the server so the navigation mesh wasn't getting updated on the client.

13. mischa2k

mischa2k

Ok

Check out the UNET manual. You don't need to find networkidentities after passing them through the command/rpc. UNET does that automatically.

Yes Windows works too. Unity offers a 'headless' mode for Linux though, which is why everyone prefers that. Headless means: no rendering whatsoever, hence great performance.

You can do something similar with -nographics on Windows though.

14. KiraELL

KiraELL

when will multi scene will be update?

15. mischa2k

mischa2k

The zones prototype can be found in our discord server.

16. mischa2k

mischa2k

Important: the user @visk2k (with an extra 'k') is trying to trick people here into giving him their order numbers. He also sends emails from: ebaystuff4you@yahoo.com . Don't answer. If you did give him your order number then please let me know.

Melman-RGB likes this.
  17. Teila

Teila

I hope you reported this to one of the community managers or moderators. They can ban the account.

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  18. mischa2k

mischa2k

I think someone already did.

19. mischa2k

mischa2k

(Bad) News: not even a month after Unity accidentally locked me out of my account for a week, now they accidentally blocked uMMORPG on the asset store because of a 'conflicting name' - which makes no sense since I was the first one with that name 3 years ago.

If you wanted to buy then please wait until this gets sorted out, I already contacted the Asset Store admin.

20. Dhoren

Dhoren

That's messed up. I wonder what's going on.

21. mischa2k

mischa2k

Support guy must've pressed the disable button on the wrong asset.

22. CrandellWS

CrandellWS

thanks for letting us know

23. Che4Cuba

Che4Cuba

An open letter to Unity Staff

You have brought uMMORPG down from the asset store and have essentially disallowed up to a hundred people updates for their games.
    Many games have been made with uMMORPG and it is unfair on us all to take down an asset that we paid good money for.
    By doing what you are doing, not only are many people affected by this but businesses as well.
    My company has been working on a game which was based on uMMORPG core code for the past 6 months and you have effectively rendered our MMORPG obsolete due to removing this from the asset store.
    You may get an abundance of these messages because of the amount of people in this community.
    We need this asset back on the store ASAP for any future updates, everything written in the description is 100% correct and just because we get a couple bad eggs, Does not mean you should destroy the work of a strong community.
    More and more people buy into uMMORPG everyday because of the constant support and updates.
    Please in future, investigate any claims thoroughly before taking this asset down, I would bet my reputation on the fact that any claims of false advertising or a bad asset would be completely untrue and we need this asset back.
    I hope to see the next update soon Vis! If this continues with Unity removing assets willy nilly, an outstanding and viable asset with a large community will die fast.
    GG, Unity strikes the little guys again...

sirlce and mischa2k like this.
  24. sirlce

sirlce

That is a true statement.

This kit is distributed far cheaper than any other yet its probably one of the best ones i have ever had the pleasure to work with and i have used a Few!.
    The kit is updated a lot and the support is always amazing form the creators as well as other developers int he Ummorpg community.

Ummorpg, Ummorpg 2d are same author right?
    seams that`s what its all over.

25. Dianajmcphee

Dianajmcphee

Dear Unity,
    Please unblock this asset! The developer has been using the name for years; he is amazingly responsive and available, and has built a community of users who trade ideas and are both creative and productive. His work is exemplary of everything that is good in Unity.
    Please, make this right!

26. Possum1

Possum1

Unity Staff:
    Unblock the uMMORPG asset. It appears that Unity Team continues to take every wrong turn at every single fork in the road. Please fix this. Heck, Unity has even featured this asset before. It has been around a long time and there is a community full of happy users. Do the right thing so those of us that have bought the asset, can continue to receive updates.

Regards,
    Your Customers

27. mischa2k

mischa2k

Thanks for everyone's support, we are up again. Back to the code..

28. Sehlor

Sehlor

To Unity Staff;

Please be cautious what are you doing, this is an asset which is being used by hundreds. Please think before you are doing stuff like that.

29. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: improving the guild system code. There were a few things I wasn't completely happy with yet, so the next version will be way more simple.

24 Hour Special: buy uMMORPG within the next 24 hours, send me the order number and get my Indie MMORPG Development ebook for free!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    HeadClot88 and gigz09 like this.
  30. KiraELL

KiraELL

i just try the zone look greate , now my problem is when i change animation speed when attacking mosnter 2 or 3 hit before the damage pop up.

31. mischa2k

mischa2k

Change the skill cast time too

KiraELL likes this.
  32. KiraELL

KiraELL

Where i can find the skill cast time?

33. mischa2k

mischa2k

Select the skill template and then look in the Inspector

34. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: next version was submitted for review.

V1.85 [in development]
    • CopyPosition syntax improved
    • Name/Quest/Guild overlays are now updated from Entity/Player itself for simplicity and less GetComponent calls. Removed all the TextMesh update scripts. Make sure to reassign the TextMesh variables in your Entity prefabs when upgrading.
    • Database.SaveGuild missing @ parameter in front of character and rank fixed
    • Reimplemented Guild system
      • Moved most of it to Guild.cs
      • FindOnlineGuildMembers huge performance improvements
      • GuildInviteAccept has no more distance check
      • Notice is only sent when it was actually changed
      • Only the guild name is synced to all observers
      • Guild info is not synced to all observers anymore to greatly reduce bandwidth usage
      • Code is much cleaner

camta005 likes this.
  35. rastinrastini

rastinrastini

HI
    1- any plan for pet system?
    2- can give an benchmark about cpu, ram, bandwidth for an system with 100 or 1000 user online with interaction?

36. mischa2k

mischa2k

1 - yes, in the future
    2 - depends on your world size, density and server power. E.g. 1000 players in one tiny city will be almost impossible - not even world of warcraft can do that. But 1000 players across a big map are doable.

37. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: finished a few smaller improvements, researching parties now (the feature).

Make sure to join our Discord chat if you haven't already!

38. mischa2k

mischa2k

Update:
    V1.85 [released 2017-09-12]
    • CopyPosition syntax improved
    • Name/Quest/Guild overlays are now updated from Entity/Player itself for simplicity and less GetComponent calls. Removed all the TextMesh update scripts. Make sure to reassign the TextMesh variables in your Entity prefabs when upgrading.
    • Database.SaveGuild missing @ parameter in front of character and rank fixed
    • Reimplemented Guild system
      • Moved most of it to Guild.cs
      • FindOnlineGuildMembers huge performance improvements
      • GuildInviteAccept has no more distance check
      • Notice is only sent when it was actually changed
      • Only the guild name is synced to all observers
      • Guild info is not synced to all observers anymore to greatly reduce bandwidth usage
      • Code is much cleaner

CaptainMurphy likes this.
  39. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: working on the new Party feature:
    upload_2017-9-14_13-27-0.png

40. tequyla

tequyla

kick is possible after a vote ?

41. mischa2k

mischa2k

Master can kick anyone without a vote

42. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: Party HUD!

WoogyIM likes this.
  43. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: next uMMORPG version was submitted for review.

V1.86 [in development]
    • Upgraded to Unity 2017.1.1p1 for important bug fixes
    • Player: public Chat component to be assigned in the Inspector instead of GetComponent calls for performance
    • Chat: public Player component to be assigned in the Inspector instead of GetComponent calls for performance
    • Player CmdGuildInviteTarget: uses risky action to avoid spamming
    • Player CmdGuildInviteTarget: can't invite someone that's already in a guild
    • Player.FindOnlineGuildMembers function removed; Chat uses onlinePlayers directly for shorter code and better performance
    • Chat.CmdMsgGuild player.InGuild check added to avoid error when sending a guild message without being in a guild

WoogyIM likes this.
  44. WoogyIM

WoogyIM

Almost finished the beta project
    Ashampoo_Snap_2017.09.16_19h31m47s_002_uMMORPG.png Ashampoo_Snap_2017.09.16_19h37m39s_003_uMMORPG.png Ashampoo_Snap_2017.09.16_19h40m40s_004_uMMORPG.png

45. mischa2k

mischa2k

46. WoogyIM

WoogyIM

How to end with UI character creation - I'll post screenshots

47. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: finished the new Party system today. Will be released soon!

Melman-RGB and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  48. Zhenite

Zhenite

Great work. It looks like I went back to my project on time.

Since my world is totally flat, is it possible to get rid of navmesh?
    I'm wanting to retake my project from an MMO based on geo-location, the map is created at runtime, not allowing navmesh.
    Anyone have any idea how you could resolve this issue?

49. cmckelvy

cmckelvy

I believe I read something about runtime navmesh baking being available now. I haven't tried it out but I remember it was on the Unity Github but should now be part of the standard build. Can anyone confirm?

50. Zhenite

Zhenite

Will there be any way to really get rid of navmesh, would it be the best.