Search Unity

uMMORPG Official Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mischa2k, Dec 29, 2015.

1. XAfgun

XAfgun

Use "20OFF" code and get %20 discount today!

2. takapi

takapi

Today
    Only today?

3. XAfgun

XAfgun

I did this discount before and I think todaybut I can continue it for 3 days. :)

4. bobabree

bobabree

How did you redeem the discount?

5. mischa2k

mischa2k

They are talking about their uMMORPG addons, not about uMMORPG. In case that's confusing.

Also I got a notification about your post with 5 questions, but it's not here anymore. Do you still have questions?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  6. takapi

takapi

Hi, wis2k. :)
    I have a question.
    When my character equips a shield, the appearance of the character changes.
    When my character equips hats and armor, will you change the appearance of my character?

7. mischa2k

mischa2k

Yes, a new warrior model will come soon, which will make this possible.

8. gghitman69

gghitman69

@vis2k
    You find his normal? Do not shock you
    There is more function than Ummorpg has $ 100

9. cjoo

cjoo

The exact message is
    "
    Did not find target for sync message for 507
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkIdentity:UNetStaticUpdate()
    "

10. Shadowing

Shadowing

How do you keep the Linux headless mode server running after closing the console?

11. mischa2k

mischa2k

What do you mean?

You can ignore that message. Happens when you get something like a arrow position update even though the arrow was already destroyed. That's normal because UDP message don't come in order.

Try this: https://askubuntu.com/questions/8653/how-to-keep-processes-running-after-ending-ssh-session

12. Caomh

Caomh

Hi,

I noticed on your official Discord channel you moved me from verified to unverified after I requested a refund. Seeing that you did not have the decency to send me a message there about it. I wonder if you would speak about it here?

13. Caomh

Caomh

While we are on the topic of you Discord channel for uMMORPG something I noticed you did not mention there is the discussion (which I did not bring up nor participate in) are the multiple people requesting that you alter the code to be more intuitive. Damien on the suggestions channel within the last two days was mentioning how you coded stats made it a pain to alter.

Fabbac mentioned with your code all over the place he was just going to rip the code out and start over.

Apparently a few other people had buyer remorse as altering your code was considered more painful than just doing it all by themselves. With your self proscribed keep it simple method, why didn't you use the finer points of C# of one script to one thing?

A good example is being your character selection.

14. Caomh

Caomh

I notice one of the things which you tout for uMMORPG is bug fixes.

A question I have is the Linux headless mode error which occurs. Starting a fresh build an error occurs building a linux headless mode build. When we last spoke you said despite the error it would run. (That is true). The error however means there is something wrong with the code.

Is there an ETA on fixing it?
    ----

Also on the bug list multiple people have mentioned having problems with adding the mechanim animations as mentioned by brradc on the official uMMORPG discord channel. Now typically with mechanim a controller can be passed around (not the avatar) as it just states a person can use various actions. What is it about how uMMORPG works that is not the case as reported by multiple people? Myself included?

15. mischa2k

mischa2k

Tak confirmed that it's just an info message: https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/player-data-archive-not-found.464417/
    Mecanim works fine: https://ummorpg.net/showcase

Yup, I get a lot of suggestions every day. Not every suggestion is a good thing to implement though.
    I didn't see many people having buyers remorse, mostly you?

16. Caomh

Caomh

Hi Vis2k,

In my week on the Discord channel a few people left it. I have also seen a few other posts of people requesting a refund. As a few people mentioned just doing their own code from scratch rather using what they purchased. I think that would answer buyer's remorse.

To your mentioning that every suggestion is not a good one, I think having stats mean what they say is a great thing. That is a suggestions on your suggestion thread. Strength being for attack, Endurance being for HP, Dexterity being for dodging. Will you be implementing that suggestion as was asked on the Discord channel and if not why, also why did you code it that way to begin with?

17. Caomh

Caomh

Vis2k

I never said Mecanim did not work fine. I said your controller for some reason did not work. An issue echoes by several other people on the Discord channel. My personal controller I used and simply remapped movement commands to has had zero problems. Will you respond to the question asked?

Likewise for the Linux error message: I mentioned in my post it worked just fine, however it does not announce an error in Unity 5.5.1 and it does in Unity 5.6.1. I remember brining up the issue originally with you on May 22nd of this year after you told me to use Unity 5.6.1 when I asked you in a PM what was the best version of Unity to use. After receiving the error you lectured me on errors and told me to use 5.5.1p. The question asked is there an ETA on this bug being fixed, is it being worked on?

18. mischa2k

mischa2k

A few left, a few joined. That's how chatrooms work :)

Why I coded it that way to begin with? Strength is an integer number, hence 'int'. It's synced to clients, hence that [SyncVar] in front of it. Not sure what you are asking.

It needs no fixing, it's an info message. The Unity Linux developer explained it in the thread that I linked you.

19. Shadowing

Shadowing

Directions on how to keep your game server running on a remote server.

You should add this to documentation @vis2k
    Cause everyone would need this. Can't imagine someone who wouldn't need to do this.
    https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/ubuntu/keep-your-ssh-session-running-when-you-disconnect/

install it
    Code (csharp):
    1. sudo apt-get install screen
    Start a new Screen
    Code (csharp):
    1. screen
    Start the server with logging
    Code (csharp):
    1. ./game.x86_64 -batchmode -nographics -logfile log.txt
    Exit out of the screen so the screen is still running .
    Code (csharp):
    1. Hit Ctrl + A and then Ctrl + D
    You will see the message [detached]
    Then you can just simply exit your console. Putty or what ever console software you use.
    Server should still be running.

mischa2k likes this.
  20. Shadowing

Shadowing

After you log in on the demo. The Quit button is a dead button. Does nothing.
    figure it would log you out and have you relog in again.
    Figure id mention it. Probably not good having a dead button on the demo.

21. Teila

Teila

I was rather under the impression that uMMORPG is a framework and that it was built with the intention that you would write your own code and tear things apart. That is what we have done. While we already had a bunch of code written, uMMORPG really helped us with the networking part and it gave us a framework that we could use for testing while we replace most of it with our own code.

If you want a ready made MMORPG that is easy to alter, I am honestly not sure they exist. And if they do, they are a lot more expensive.

nixter and mischa2k like this.
  22. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: implemented the guild notice feature today!

Quit calls Application.Quit, which doesn't work in a browser since it would close it completely. I should probably disable the butto though, you are right.

Thanks, will do! That should be useful for a lot of people here.

23. bobabree

bobabree

For Mac users who are getting a "sqlite3.dll" error, reinstall Unity and add Windows and Linux support! This took me forever to debug!!

mischa2k likes this.
  24. Shadowing

Shadowing

ahh crap. I just found out This MMO asset can't do more then one Scene at a time.
    what a bummer.

so if every scene is a separate server.
    I should be able to just use curl php functions using MYSQL data base.
    Looking into how much of a modification that would be though.

25. Shadowing

Shadowing

Has anyone made a MySQL intergation script?
    That they can give me lol?

One plus is that all the database stuff is on a single script lol.

Why isn't there a actual forum for this asset? That would be extremely helpful.

26. Ronith

Ronith

check out the website: http://www.ummorpg.net
    there is a forum. there are many addons even a mySql integration script.

mischa2k likes this.
  27. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: we are working on the last warrior animation today. The new model will come any time soon now.

Thanks for sharing.

28. henmachuca

henmachuca

With the new model will come the ability to equip/unequip items as well?

29. Brutalize1337

Brutalize1337

Hello guys,

does anyone have an idea how to add an second skillbar?
    They dont really need keys bound to them, could be clickable with mouse..
    I need more space than 10 :p
    Really love this package. Keep up the good work, looking forward to the new update.
    Thanks in advance.

30. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

you can do that with the grid layout component, set it to have two rows, space them use 2 different skill bar as background, you will be limited to same x position i guess, else you will have to extend from that ui component

mischa2k likes this.
  31. Brutalize1337

Brutalize1337

Thanks mate!!
    Worked perfectly.
    But I had to adjust the amount of SkillSlots and the Hotkeys on the player characters.
    Anyone got an Idea how to make "Voids" like when you walk into fire that it will dmg the player?
    Or if you move in lava you will constantly get damage?

I also still have the problem with the UiNPCDialoguePanel.. I assigned it properly, when i hit play in engine it works, but when i Build the game and play it, it says the panel is not assigned in the console and nothing shows up. So annoying. Anyone else had this problem?

Really nice help here guys, thanks again!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  32. gghitman69

gghitman69

Pet System
    Party System
    Mail System
    Firend List
    Mount System
    Auction System

you do not understand or you do not want to understand
    @vis2k Could be adding would not be luxury
    is the base of mmo
    We spent 3 months having change update renaming
    We do not advance

33. mischa2k

mischa2k

Update: V1.76
    • Upgraded to Unity 5.6.1p1
    • Inventory and gold moved from Player to Entity. Monsters don't need lootItems and lootGold anymore. Commands also require less casting now.
    • health/manaRecoveryRate is now calculated with base + buffs in Entity. Removed Player.Recover and Addon System hook
    • Entity.invincible, healthRecovery, manaRecovery made public
    • Entity.invincible, healthRecovery, manaRecovery are not syncvars anymore
    • Entity.gold is a [SyncVar] instead of [SyncVar_] again
    • Player: converted all [SyncVar_]'s to [SyncVar] for elegance
    • Removed SyncWarLimitWorkaround script and linked to my forum post instead.
    • Monster loot.Clear workaround removed since the UNET bug was fixed a while ago
    • Player.GetSkillIndexByName moved to Entity
    • Entity.OnStartServer health==0 check comment updated
    • Changed [SerializeField] to 'public' almost everywhere
    • NetworkManager id/pw renamed to loginAccount and loginPassword. Same for LoginMsg.
    • Player.tradeOfferLocked/Accepted replaced with tradeStatus enum. Frees another SyncVar and makes the code more simple.
    • Entity components are now assigned in the Inspector instead of via GetComponent caching in Awake (Keep that in mind when updating)
    • Drag and Drop / Clear messages are now sent from UIDragAndDropable directly instead of from Player. This way UIDragAndDropable doesn't need to know the Player type anymore and the Player script is shorter.
    • UIDragAndDropable top comment updated
    • LoginMsg now also includes Application.version and the server compares it to avoid cases where an outdated version tries to communicate with a newer server, possibly causing networking errors.
    Yes.

We get this issue about once a year, there must be some kind of Unity serialization bug happening when transfering it to the asset store and back to the customer's computer. Try to delete the project's library folder, try to select the panel slot, press the delete key to clear it, save the project, assign it again.

So you are requesting those features or what do you mean?

34. Sr-Liermann

Sr-Liermann

I would like to leave a small suggestion, a little more attention to the skills system, it is still very precarious, the lack of casting effects, hit effect, and the inexistence of the type of skill that allows us to select the target to shoot for Example thunder or meteor does not exist.

Thankyou!

35. mischa2k

mischa2k

Did you try the latest versions? A new skill effects system was added a while ago. You can see effects for buffs, heal, arrow etc.

36. Shadowing

Shadowing

@vis2k
    Only reason I need MYSQL is to allow multiple scenes. I'll wait till its possible and work on another project instead.

I came up with an idea.
    Why not redesign your data base script so that you can put SQL Light on its own separate server. So add SQL light remote access.

And do that with using www functions. If you did this then we could have multiple scenes on multiple servers.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  37. mischa2k

mischa2k

You should be able to use MYSQL easily. Check out the ummorpg.net forum, I think there someone posted a MYSQL addon somewhere.

38. XAfgun

XAfgun

Plese don't harass developer of kit. Everything on asset store, need development. We are not best on aything but you can write other mmorpg kit in unity, if you can do. Please give feedback for better uMMORPG. I'm developing addons in generally in 1 day and I'm independent. If @vis2k change/add something he get too many feedback about new system. So it takes more time to add new systems. Have a nice days.

And here new addons :

Dungeon Creator
    https://ummorpg.net/forums/topic/dungeon-creator-addon/

Character Sellection Creation Visualization
    https://ummorpg.net/forums/topic/character-sellection-creation-addon/

Tiny-Tree and Ronith like this.
  39. takapi

takapi

Please paste a large image, not a reduced image.
    I can not see.

40. XAfgun

XAfgun

There are 2 image first image show single player dungeons. 2 player entered different dungeons. At second image 2 pepole in party and entered same dungeon :) But need my party addon for enterin dungeon with party :)

41. WoogyIM

WoogyIM

Hello everybody! Please tell me how to be. I'm creating a character animation in blender (how to lump all the animations into one).

Ashampoo_Snap_2017.06.09_05h20m59s_001_.png

Or tell me how to properly create a character or monster animation.

42. mischa2k

mischa2k

I always hire an artist to do that, so I can't really help you with Blender, sorry. Perhaps google some tutorials?

43. WoogyIM

WoogyIM

I'm ready to pay, for training and help. About Google, there is no traffic to look for (very expensive Internet traffic)

44. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: submitted next version for review.

V1.77 [in development]
    • NetworkManager: Max. Connections increased from 100 to 1000
    • NetworkManager GlobalConfig: ThreadPoolSize increased from 1 to 3, so that a uMMORPG server uses at least 4 threads now.
    • NetworkManager ConnectionConfig: increased Disconnect Timeout
    • NetworkManager ConnectionConfig: increased Connect Timeout
    • NetworkManager ConnectionConfig: increased Ping Interval
    • NetworkManager ConnectionConfig: increased Network Drop Threshold for better WiFi support
    • NetworkManager ConnectionConfig: increased Overflow Drop Threshold for better WiFi support
    • NetworkManager ConnectionConfig: increased Acks type to 128 to support more reliable messages
    • Guild Notice feature implemented

45. Brutalize1337

Brutalize1337

I did it exactly that way.
    Still the same issue, in the engine it works perfectly fine, but after building it just does not work.
    Still tells me that the UInpcDialogue Panel is not assigned properly, but it is.

46. mischa2k

mischa2k

Please take 5 minutes to report the bug to Unity by using the Help -> Report a Bug button in Unity and then share the case number with us. It would be so useful to have this finally fixed. Perhaps they even know why it happens.

47. Caomh

Caomh

Hi Visk2,

A few left a few joined. That is how chat servers work. As I mentioned people who say the code doesn't do what it says and they are doing a new project without your code isn't people leaving your chat server, its people saying your software is garbage and they are moving onto something else which makes sense.

Owning up to that would go a long way to being a decent developer. Lying about people not being satisfied does not make your code look good. It makes you blindly stating nothing is wrong, which is something I pointed out you do quite often.

Speaking of your code and why people move on lets look at your choices of what should be in and what should be tossed aside. You coded in a way to sell things to customer. Which would be great if you want to create the next Pay-to-Win game. Yes a person could spend all their time making outfits instead of designing story, but that is not the issue here. While you decided that was important, you decided that account manager allowing Game Staff to ban troublesome players is not. The latter is something created by the community and is a core feature of all MMOs.

Why did you consider an Item Mall important and staff being able to ban accounts not?

48. Teila

Teila

The developer is the one making this asset and they get to decide what to add. Learn to code and add your own. This is a framework, and that is very clear. I am sure there are hundreds of people who have purchased this asset and I am sure among those are many who thought this was their ticket to an easy MMO, and are disappointed. If they read the forums at all, they would know that it is not a complete MMO but a framework for building your own.

I would be very careful about your accusations. It seems to be getting personal and that is against the rules of Unity's forums. If you don't like the asset, ask for a refund.

Whining that the developer isn't making your game for you is not really a good way to try to ruin the reputation of the developer. Most of us know when a disgruntled customer is trying to make trouble. It does not bode well for getting what you want.

BTW, all 7 of your posts are critical of this asset. You have never posted anything else. I suggest going to the Learn or Scripting section and get some help building your own MMO framework.

nxrighthere, Buzzlebot, honig and 2 others like this.
  49. XAfgun

XAfgun

50. Caomh

Caomh

Hi Telia,

Your post seems to be a personal attack against me which as you mentioned is against Unity's Forum rules. I would kindly advise you take your advise and post something constructive. As this is a forum about uMMORPG I would advise you post about that product rather than a user of said product, who uses the official forums to comment on their experiences and asks questions about the product as asked.

To respond to your statements. I did not make accusations I stated facts. People left the Discord chat stating that this product did not do what it claimed. I asked questions about the Dev's direction. As for making my own dream asset like many others who purchased this one, I have ditched it and moved to my own project. As a customer who Vis2k decided should keep his product I am of course entitled to review and discuss the product he made sure I still own.

MMO without GM management? (check)

Item Shop (check).

So as Vis2k said he takes suggestions and ignores those that do not fit into a MMO (only including what is essential) why did he not create an management tools?