Search Unity

uMMORPG Official Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mischa2k, Dec 29, 2015.

1. bartuq

bartuq

I bought this [LINK] a long time ago (especially for animations) when it was on sale but not yet implemented. Hence my question about weapons :) Here all models have their clothes/armor which simply replaces specific parts of it. It's nice that will be update in models in uMMORPG.

version from Unity Asset Store [LINK2] but cheaper to buy on the author's website ;) if someone interested.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  2. Buzzlebot

Buzzlebot

After having to revert to a backup of my game, I started getting this error message :

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UICharacterInfo.Update () (at Assets/MyMMORPG/Scripts/_UI/UICharacterInfo.cs:85)

from this line: DextText.text = player.Dexterity.ToString();

Previously everything worked great, but now some (not all) of my attributes are getting the error, despite nothing obvious changing. The object in question is there, so I don't know what's going on.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

3. mischa2k

mischa2k

Assign the DextText variable in the Inspector to the Dexterity Text UI element.

4. Buzzlebot

Buzzlebot

Thanks, that sorted it out nicely.

mischa2k likes this.
  5. wahyuway

wahyuway

@vis2k
    i tried to integrate latest UMA2 with uMMORPG. I tried to send uma recipe using [Command] and [ClientRpc] and override OnStartLocalPlayer in Player.cs
    But, it seems ClientRpc never called.
    Any hint? I've googling and been stuck :(

6. mischa2k

mischa2k

It's hard to help without any error messages or code samples.

7. SkyLimitStudio

SkyLimitStudio

Hello guys. Anybody know how can I make dungeons sessions? Like each dungeon should only allow 5 players for example. If its full the server will make another session. And it should be using the same server. I'm using Amazon at the moment. I don't know how to start making this. Something like the .io games now popular on the market. Can you give me some directions. Thanks.

8. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: experimenting with another approach to the addon system today. The previous approach was really cool, but it required Reflection. The next one is slightly less cool, but it uses C# Events and is more component based. If anyone wants to test this approach later, let me know!

I will also give the uMMORPG discord channel a try today to see how useful it is as the final forum solution: https://discord.gg/X8xcpNG . Feel free to join and ask me anything.

Unet Phase 3 will probably take care of this for you, so the best thing to do is to wait. If you can't wait, you'd have to start by learning everything about UNET: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UNet.html

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    Natalynn likes this.
  9. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: got a demo with C# events for the addon system now. There are a few interesting challenges that came up along the way, so at least there is more data to make a final decision later now.

We are still on discord for a few more hours if anyone wants to talk!

cioa00 and Natalynn like this.
  10. cioa00

cioa00

Is there a way to test it out?

11. mischa2k

mischa2k

Good morning everyone. We will be on discord again today if you want to talk and hang out: https://discord.gg/X8xcpNG

Yes, I will offer it to everyone wanting to test it once it's done. There are a few new problems to solve first though.

12. wahyuway

wahyuway

Ok fixed this. I created empty prefab as base of my UMA2 generated character. i am new to uNet. So, i put collider to my prefab and finally my player object can receive command [ClientRpc] to generate UMA avatar from saved receipe. Now it works with :D sorry for the trouble

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    CrandellWS likes this.
  13. mischa2k

mischa2k

Good to hear, don't worry.

14. mischa2k

mischa2k

Good morning everyone. To keep you up to date, I am researching yet another way for the addon system today. This time with partial classes and attributes, will see how that goes.

This will be day 3 on discord, join us if you want to talk about MMOs: https://discord.gg/X8xcpNG

15. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: V1.66 was submitted for review!
    • Player.experience recursion removed
    • PlayerDndHandling moved into Player class to prepare for addon system. Also improves performance by avoiding two FindObjectOfType calls.
    • Player indentation fixes
    • Item.Tooltip uses Stringbuilder for performance and to prepare for addon system
    • Skill.Tooltip uses Stringbuilder for performance and to prepare for addon system
    • Quest.Tooltip uses Stringbuilder for performance and to prepare for addon system

We are on discord again today, so join if you want to chat about MMOs.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    camta005, Ronith and rickcollette like this.
  16. Kobaltic1

Kobaltic1

I made a new character. That worked ok. I made a new weapon but it doesn't show up in game. I followed the instructions provided here : https://noobtuts.com/unity/MMORPG#general-usage-advice
    I also looked at the sword and bow. I added a item template and assigned it as a default equipment. When I run the game and use the archer the bow shows up under the weaponMount. When I use my character the weapon does not show up under the weaponMount. I feel like there is one step missing from the instructions that will make it work. Thanks.

17. mischa2k

mischa2k

Does it show up ingame when you drag the prefab into the scene manually?

18. Ronith

Ronith

Do you like the transmission disturbance due electrical discharge at 0:40 ?

19. Kobaltic1

Kobaltic1

Yes it does.

20. mischa2k

mischa2k

Ok. I suggest copying an existing weapon and then modifying it step by step and test it every time. This way you can easily find out at which point it failed to show.

21. Kobaltic1

Kobaltic1

I fixed it. Thanks. Turns out I made a mistake early on and created my player. I then fixed the problem but kept the same character. In the end I had to delete the character and create a new one so it would pick up the new changes.

22. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: the Addon system is finished and will be released soon. Working on guilds now!

Ok, good to hear!

GrandAlchemist and MHolmstrom like this.
  23. MHolmstrom

MHolmstrom

The
    The long wait is over, good job on the addon system. What can we espect from it. Will you allow packages to be sold on the AS or on the future forums?
    Finally some more core features! :)

GrandAlchemist likes this.
  24. mischa2k

mischa2k

It will be partial classes + hooks to react to OnDeath etc. Will be really simple to use, every tester liked it so far.

It would be cool if others could sell their own uMMORPG addons. I am still thinking about the best way to do that, will see.

25. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: the addon system needs more research. It works perfectly fine, but UNET's hardcoded 32 syncvar limit would be a problem very quickly. My player class with guilds uses exactly 32 SyncVars already, so no addon could add any more SyncVars without some workarounds.

The good news is that the guild feature will come very soon:
    4c8dbb49988748f1b081e018f0f5f74e.png

cioa00, Neviah and Ronith like this.
  26. Deleted User

Deleted User

Has anyone created or could create an Addon that replaces navmesh with real physics?
    Unfortunately for me, using this package with navmesh would be very bad, because I would have to give up many projects already ready in my project, such as bruises of houses, farms and the like, that with navmesh I would not be able to enter these places because navmesh Would not allow it.
    I've tried replacing real physics, but I'm having a hard time making it work perfectly.

Neviah likes this.
  27. mischa2k

mischa2k

Why can't you enter a house with the Navmesh system? That should work fine if you make the door a NavMeshObstacle.

28. Buzzlebot

Buzzlebot

has anyone encountered this problem with ranged attacks:

Make a duplicate of Precise Shot, so you have Precise Shot and Precise Shot 1 assigned as skills to the archer and then try using Precise Shot 1. The result, for me at least, is that the attack animation isn't played, instead, the last animation before the attack is played. So if you were running before firing, then the archer will run on the spot and then fire, same for idle.

I've tried creating ranged attacks using strong hit, but same result. And I've checked it out on a clean install and it does the same thing.

29. mischa2k

mischa2k

Take a look at the animator transitions, they are skill index based.

30. styx418

styx418

Can some1 help me please .. i just made the convention to MySQL , the game work good on unity3d but when i build and try i having somme error when i push on button (select) or (delete)
    • i have try running server in unity and connect with my local game copy and im not having problem until get on the world my Player wont move .
    • when i run it in unity3d its work good

Code (CSharp):
    1. KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    2.   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Int32,System.String].get_Item (Int32 key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    3.   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlField.SetFieldEncoding () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    4.   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlField.set_CharacterSetIndex (Int32 value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    5.   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetColumnData (MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlField field) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    6.   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetColumnsData (MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlField[] columns) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    7.   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.GetColumns (Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    8.   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.ResultSet.LoadColumns (Int32 numCols) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    9.   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.ResultSet..ctor (MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver d, Int32 statementId, Int32 numCols) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    10.   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.NextResult (Int32 statementId, Boolean force) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    11.   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    12.   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.Close () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    13.   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ResetReader () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    14.   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader (CommandBehavior behavior) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    15.   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    16.   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteScalar () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    17.   at Database.ExecuteScalar (System.String sql, MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlParameter[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    18.   at Database.CharacterExists (System.String charName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    19.   at NetworkManagerMMO.OnServerCharacterCreate (UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkMessage netMsg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    20.   at UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkConnection.HandleReader (UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkReader reader, Int32 receivedSize, Int32 channelId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    21.   at UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkConnection.HandleBytes (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 receivedSize, Int32 channelId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    22.   at UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkConnection.TransportRecieve (System.Byte[] bytes, Int32 numBytes, Int32 channelId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    23.   at UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkServer.OnData (UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkConnection conn, Int32 receivedSize, Int32 channelId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    24.   at UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkServer+ServerSimpleWrapper.OnData (UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkConnection conn, Int32 receivedSize, Int32 channelId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    25.   at UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkServerSimple.HandleData (Int32 connectionId, Int32 channelId, Int32 receivedSize, Byte error) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    26.   at UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkServerSimple.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    27.   at UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkServer.InternalUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    28.   at UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkServer.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    29.   at UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkIdentity.UNetStaticUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

31. Buzzlebot

Buzzlebot

Ah, that answers a few questions, thanks.

mischa2k likes this.
  32. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: guild kick, promote, demote, invite and nameoverlay are finished:
    2017-03-29_guilds_b.png

Looks like you are trying to access a dictionary with a key that is not in the dictionary.

33. Natalynn

Natalynn

The guild stuff is starting to look good.

34. mischa2k

mischa2k

Thank you!

35. Deleted User

Deleted User

Por que você não pode entrar em uma casa com o sistema Navmesh? Isso deve funcionar bem se você fizer a porta um NavMeshObstacle. [/ QUOTE]
    I'm studying all of Navigation's documentation so that I can be sure if I can adapt everything with navmesh, I know I'll have to change some things unhappily.

For example, I do not like using the mouse to move around, I just use the keyboard for this, and with navmesh I end up having trouble getting to the direction I want, in a scene it has a staircase, which the character could not Climb correctly because the navmesh makes him move out of the ladder, only when I click with the mouse on the ladder that the agent corresponds correctly, even making several adjustments this continues to occur with the movements by keyboard.

Note: If I try to climb the stairs very slowly, I do not have this problem of the agent divert me from the stairs. But if I try to climb with normal speed, I'm always diverted to another direction.

36. mischa2k

mischa2k

Good morning everyone! The guild system is making great progress, all that's left is a shortcut icon and the guild creation feature.

We on discord again today, join if you want to chat about MMO development: https://discord.gg/X8xcpNG

Good luck!

37. Kobaltic1

Kobaltic1

You shouldn't have any issues with navmesh. I have used it all over. I used it for stairs, inside and outside buildings, bridges, thresholds and terrain. I have not used it with a ladder. For the stairs, check the navmesh height and angle. My stairs turn out to be ramps more then stairs. Also if the stairs are not a single mesh, make sure all the parts are static. I once had an issue with a bridge which was only partly static and caused issues until I mad the whole thing static.

mischa2k likes this.
  38. Sr-Liermann

Sr-Liermann

Hello! the guild system will work with your addon system?
    Cause I'm Still Waiting for this feature for continue to develop my Project.
    But if this work with addon system, when the new version came I will start.

39. mischa2k

mischa2k

The addon system will come after the guild system. I have to redesign it around UNET's 32 syncvar limit first.

40. Deleted User

Deleted User

But do you move using the Mouse or Keyboard? Because I have these problems with stairs only with the Keyboard.
    Of course, I'm studying all the Navigation documentation to try to adapt as much as possible.

Thanks for the tips, I will test.

41. Deleted User

Deleted User

Could you tell me how exactly I should modify the (DropdownServer) so that it looks more or less like this in print?
    It's the only thing I can not successfully modify in the UI.

42. camta005

camta005

There can be problems with certain character sets such as Latin-1 when communicating with a MySQL database, which will work in the editor (I have no idea why). You need to use the UTF-8 character set for all queries and results. Note, this is different from the character set you are using for your tables, but for consistency you should set up your tables to use UTF-8 also.

When opening a connection to the database send a query to the database instructing it which character set is to be used for queries and results. Here is an example:

Code (CSharp):
    1.     static string connStr = "server=localhost;user=root;charset=utf8;database=ummorpg;port=3306;password=Today123;";
    3.     static MySqlConnection conn;
    5.     static Database() {
    6.             // open connection      
    7.             conn = new MySqlConnection(connStr);
    8.             try
    9.             {
    10.                 Debug.Log("Connecting to MySQL");          
    11.                 conn.Open();
    12.             }
    13.             catch (Exception ex)
    14.             {
    15.                 Debug.Log(ex.ToString());
    16.             }
    18.             // Use the UTF-8 character set for queries and results for this client
    19.             // NOTE: The Latin-1 character set is not compatible
    20.             ExecuteNonQuery("SET NAMES @charset_name COLLATE @collation_name",
    21.             new MySqlParameter("@charset_name", "utf8"),
    22.             new MySqlParameter("@collation_name", "utf8_general_ci"));
    24.     }

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  43. Kobaltic1

Kobaltic1

I only use the keyboard. I use the mouse just for turning the camera but not for click movement. The other thing is take a look at the blue (walkable area) in the navigation tab and see where it is putting it. There is also a step height. I haven't used it but I imagine that would help you out too.

44. mischa2k

mischa2k

Just set manager.networkAddress on button click.

45. mischa2k

mischa2k

Update: V1.66 [released 2017-03-30]
    • Player.experience recursion removed
    • PlayerDndHandling moved into Player class to prepare for addon system. Also improves performance by avoiding two FindObjectOfType calls.
    • Player indentation fixes
    • Item.Tooltip uses Stringbuilder for performance and to prepare for addon system
    • Skill.Tooltip uses Stringbuilder for performance and to prepare for addon system
    • Quest.Tooltip uses Stringbuilder for performance and to prepare for addon system

CrandellWS likes this.
  46. styx418

styx418

its done to and dont work anymore .. the error come from server side .. when i start server in unity that work .. but not with my build

47. camta005

camta005

Yeah sorry, I meant to say server not client.

I have had the same error and it turned out to be character set related.

Perhaps the issue is with how the MySQL database is setup. I you are using workbench when you create a new schema you can select UTF-8 instead of the default Latin-1.

mischa2k likes this.
  48. mischa2k

mischa2k

Good morning everyone!
    Quick progress info: all guild features were implemented yesterday, today I will polish the code a bit again in some places.

Ronith likes this.
  49. Sr-Liermann

Sr-Liermann

Wow I cant wait for this, thankyoy its amazing =) hahah I still waiting for this so much, thankyou very much!
    It will be easy to update of the version 1.66?
    I just updated for the 1.66.

50. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: submitted V1.67 for review!
    • Upgrade Info: make sure to delete your old database file.
    • Guild System
    • UILogin dedicated button .interactable / onClick order switched
    • UILogin login button: fixed a bug where it could try to login twice when clicking it rapidly
    • Monster: Loot header is now shown in the Inspector again
    • Player: OnDragAndClear uses SendMessage to prepare for the addon system

It's doable :)