Search Unity

uMMORPG Official Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mischa2k, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Queen_Harley

Queen_Harley

I got an error did you know how can I fix this :
    UNet Client Error Connect Error: 11

2. jria

jria

My character can't move after I exported it to android. help

3. barbugamer

barbugamer

it is because the bug, i have the same problem.

4. barbugamer

barbugamer

5. gigz09

gigz09

i am using uMMORPG v1.63 in android and i dont have any issue with it.

6. mischa2k

mischa2k

Take a look at the archer class, her skills and the existing arrow to see how it's done.

When does it happen? Does it happen in a fresh uMMORPG project too?

I know exactly what the problem is, I was the one that reported this bug :)
    As I said before, you have an error in OnSerialize or OnDeserialize. Hence not the same amount of bytes gets processed, hence the error.

7. Ronith

Ronith

Question:

I tried a little around with a code-snippet to avoid firing trough walls. it works so far but not very reliable. sometimes in very rare cases the projectile wont shot although there is no collider called "wall" between the player and the monster.
    Someone has an idea how i could solve it better?
    Code (CSharp):
    2. // in projectile.cs below
    3. //[ServerCallback]
    4. //void FixedUpdate() {
    5. Ray ray = new Ray(transform.position, transform.forward);
    6.         RaycastHit hit;
    8.         if (Physics.Raycast (ray, out hit, 10.0f)) {
    9.                 if (hit.collider.tag == "Wall") {
    10.                 Destroy (gameObject);
    11.                 return;
    12.             }
    13.         }

8. Wansyth

Wansyth

I'm looking forward to the addon system! I wouldn't mind having all the features in the addon style because it will allow easier changes/integration going forward.

It will be a pain at first to make all my conversions but I believe it will pay off in the long run.

camta005 likes this.
  9. luis29vm

luis29vm

If you all ready convert to the add on please release, is better release all and integrate all in same time, :) thank you Vis

camta005 likes this.
  10. camta005

camta005

It might be painful to convert a project over initially (your variable renaming spree was painful also), but in the long run it will make managing/updating/modifying a project easier.

I say go for it ;)

11. mischa2k

mischa2k

Good morning everyone! Still waiting for Unity's answer to my domain problem, so no news on the forum.

Well good to hear that you guys are not getting tired of it yet.

Might happen because of your maximum distance of 10. Try leaving that parameter out of it.

Ronith likes this.
  12. camta005

camta005

To be clear, I am tired of the variable renaming as I found no issue with your previous naming convention (can it stop now?) I do think the add-on system is a great idea that will make things easier in the long run. Updating a project for that will be worth it. I also think it would be better to do in one hit rather than in bits and pieces over a long period of time as that would get very annoying.

I think it is important for uMMORPG to get to a version that is a solid base moving forward. No more variable name changes, aesthetic tidy ups or restructuring. If a change is made, it functionally benefits the project.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    mischa2k likes this.
  13. michaelbeers

michaelbeers

Learn to refractor probably, variable names are not really an issue then :)

14. mischa2k

mischa2k

Great news! While transfering the latest changes to my other uMOBA asset, I noticed new ReadString/ReadBytes out of range errors again. I was already ultra careful in OnDeserialize, but there was still one place where errors could mess up the packet.

As mentioned before, UNET should of course deal with errors properly. But until they do, I found a great way to make it even safer now. If anyone here currently has a project with ReadString/ReadBytes errors, let me know if you want to test the new code.

I just placed an obvious null division error in one of my OnDeserialize function, and the packets were still not messed up, which is great.

Natalynn, Ronith and camta005 like this.
  15. camta005

camta005

Great news. Maybe we can leave that annoying bug behind us ;)
    I have PMed you about testing the fix.

16. jria

jria

What is the update all about?

17. MHolmstrom

MHolmstrom

Okay so, I've upgraded to 1.64 from 1.60, I can't do anything anymore with my project. The Major backslash is killing my motivation. I can't use equipment anymore because it does not display at all, I had over 100 items made and all slots a cleared, no backup because my project had over 15gb and I just don't have the time of doing that.
    SO what should I do? I have no compiler errors and yet the equipment will not work. I guess there is more to cover that do not work for me but I'm kinda mad right now.
    Also the World.scene backup I had got overwritten but it was in a far away folder and I had several ones. So WHY?

18. mischa2k

mischa2k

You should definitely make backups before upgrading and after every major change so that you can go back in case of problems. Otherwise one day something will break and it will be a nightmare for you.

I changed the script PlayerEquipmentLocation to EquipmentLocation, so you might have to attach it to your equipment mounts again.

19. jria

jria

How to have armor models ? like helmets, knee pads, chest armor. etc. ? link please

20. jagatai33

jagatai33

I have to completely agree with this, my project is already heavily modified so having to fork from current version to stay inline with new/future versions makes upgrades very painful.

-J

MHolmstrom and camta005 like this.
  21. jria

jria

Its very hard to do. Need a tutorial.

22. CrandellWS

CrandellWS

Have you guys tried using Git? at least to make backups...

First make your `master` from asset with no modifications just import it then create a branch and make your changes...

Update is coming... save to your `game-1-63` branch switch back to `master`...

update project from `master` branch with absolutely no changes other than from asset store...

save updated asset and switch back to `game-1-63` branch...

then from the `game-1-63` branch create new `update-1-64-Game` branch

and merge changes from `master` into the `update-1-64-Game`

Now it depends on what you did on how that gets merge manual or auto...

might also use

https://github.com/github/gitignore/blob/master/Unity.gitignore

mischa2k likes this.
  23. GrandAlchemist

GrandAlchemist

It might be a good idea to first learn basic programming in unity before jumping into making an mmo. You cannot expect vis2k to do everything for you. If you lack the programming knowledge to implement custom features, you need to wait patiently until he has enough time to add it to ummorpg.

24. Arjem

Arjem

How to remove logs while playing on android device? help

25. camta005

camta005

In Unity go to Edit > Project Settings > Player then uncheck Use Player Log.

mischa2k likes this.
  26. luis29vm

luis29vm

I always make backup before upgrade, I have around 25gb.

mischa2k likes this.
  27. barbugamer

barbugamer

i want to test the new code

28. cioa00

cioa00

I belive its how Unity works, it just overrides everything what it has to (based on imported asset). It doesn't matter if you make additional folder under project, it still will be overridden (i assume that scene file was not outside project folder).

Just for info about guild system - it is behind my issue, not be able to solve dictonary (string, object) readability, where object holds just additional info like player level and class. Or just im proceeding to problem just wrong way. Either way i need to read more about c# docs/examples how to use dictionaries.

29. Natalynn

Natalynn

I would try and test it, maybe it would fix the red name issues if running the server in headless mode. Though everything I've seen with this ReadString/ReadBytes errors, are mostly random that occurs.

30. gghitman69

gghitman69

I am for the addition of a system of mail and a sales office

31. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: finished updating my other uMOBA asset and did some private lessons yesterday. Will continue with uMMORPG today.

I sent you a PM.

I sent you a PM too. If you have the error, it happens ever single time. You just don't see it every single time, because it happens in random places. For example, if it happens in NetworkNavMeshAgent and that was the last component to serialize, then only NetworkNavMeshAgent fails, which is not too bad. If however the Player component was supposed to be serialized afterwards, then the Player component will be completely messed up.

32. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: added the new OnDeserialize improvements now.
    uMMORPG will get a price increase during the next few days, so get it for $80 while you still can!

Ronith and camta005 like this.
  33. camta005

camta005

I am currently running an early test of my project with a private testing group to put the engine through it's paces. It's running on a Linux VPS that communicates locally with a separate database server (MySQL).

arkaria1280.jpg

The test has been going well thus far, but there have been a few issues discovered.

- When looting a corpse, double clicking an item multiple times before it disappears gives duplicate items. The tester was able to fill their inventory with Desert Cleavers from looting one body with an auto clicker. He did the same thing with potions too, but it didn't work for gold.

- When testing on a remote server, using the keyboard to move causes the player to turn and walk back a step every time they stop. I think this is like a rubber band effect, where the client position is slightly ahead of the server position and when it stops it walks back to the last known server position. It doesn't happen with clicking to move, which makes sense.

- Killing another player tags the killer as a murderer and they rapidly lose HP until they are dead, making the game unplayable while they are tagged as a murderer. I temporarily removed the murder system.

- The skill bar doesn't remember the order the skills were placed each time a player logs in. It also doesn't display any potions there were previously on the bar. It's a minor issue, but one that players will complain about.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    mischa2k likes this.
  34. Natalynn

Natalynn

That's a lot of good findings. I was actually thinking this ummorpg has dupes and stuff.

camta005 likes this.
  35. MHolmstrom

MHolmstrom

UINpcQuest can not be loaded, I missed something? :)

36. Natalynn

Natalynn

I've made an public/private uMMOPRPG discord server, which can be used for private tutorials, suggestions, help, and able to use voice chat for programming. At this moment, this will be a uMMORPG community discord. I've messaged @vis2k privately, about joining and possibly using this as a side communication, this way it make's stuff everything easier.

There are also private sections, which needed confirmation from @vis2k if you purchased an copy of uMMORPG; so you can access those sections. I'll also be handling the reports within the discord, that way vis can have a load off.

If you're interested in joining the uMMORPG Discord, https://discord.gg/X8xcpNG

#Note: You need the holder's rank to have access for the private sections. (Proof Of Purchase uMMORPG)

37. Ronith

Ronith

it is worth much more than 100 $.

38. mischa2k

mischa2k

Oh wow, I missed an item.valid check in the loot function. Very nice find! Please try this and tell me if it still happens:
    - Open Player.cs CmdTakeLootItem
    - in the validation, add && ((Monster)target).lootItems[index].valid) { at the end.

Players with the murderer status are supposed to lose health every second as penalty for murdering someone, so that's intended.

I will look into the skillbar issue.

WSAD handling might just be laggy yes.

Select the Npc Quest gameobject in the Canvas and see if the script is still in there or not.

Still waiting for Unity's answer regarding my domain before I can make any new decisions there.

I agree, but people who never used it may not know that.

39. camta005

camta005

Thanks I'll try the fix for the loot issue.

On the murder status, which is working as intended. The report from the tester was that they killed another tester and then started dying, which ruined the experience of the game for him. It doesn't make much sense. Murderers can kill other murderers without penalty but they are both dying and the game is unplayable. In other MMOs I have played a player can choose to become a player killer and gets some sort of tag, and PKers can kill other PKers anywhere, but they can't kill normal players unless they are in specific PK areas. I am just saying I think you need to have a think about this one. Currently the murder system is not usable.

I haven't had a look at it yet, but for the WSAD movement surely there is a way to handle the last position of the player in the client when they stop moving to prevent them from turning around and taking a small step back. It looks very strange. It is a very small distance, but just enough so they turn.

40. Natalynn

Natalynn

Yeah, this is more on the side. Though mostly every big mmorpg out there are now opening discords, so they can talk with other players with voice and stuff. So I thought of the same and wanted to try something new, but for uMMORPG; which can get developers talking to one of another.

41. mischa2k

mischa2k

So someone reported a bug where dragging a skill to the skillbar would clear any previous instances of that skill on the skillbar. I couldn't reproduce this bug, so whoever found it please contact me with the exact steps needed to reproduce it.

Yes that is 100% intended. I got the idea from another MMO that I played a long time ago. PvP was always enabled, there were no PvE servers, so there had to be a good balance between being able to kill a player if needed, and not killing innocent players all the time.

For example, a level 60 player shouldn't run around killing level 1 players all day long. But he should be able to kill his enemy for whatever reason. With the current system, he can kill whoever he wants but with care, since he will lose 1% of health per second afterwards. As result, our level 60 player can still kill his enemy if he needs to, but killing an innocent level 1 player for the fun of it just isn't worth if if he has to walk around losing 1% of health per second for an hour.

You can of course disable this easily by modifying the Murderer skill effect in the resources folder.

Will consider it after hearing from Unity

42. Natalynn

Natalynn

Yeah I think this also about the murder system, I was thinking of a PK Point system, where you get so many point's and go red name and only able to kill a player is within a PVP Area. While red name, if you kill them? Possibly drop one of there equipped gears as a reward. But yeah the HP dropping so quick, makes it useless. Though you can also hp remove from the buff it self.

43. mischa2k

mischa2k

I can't reproduce either of the skillbar bugs. Can you try it in a fresh uMMORPG project and tell me exactly what I need to do to see the bugs?
    I can drag potions on there just fine. Saving and loading works too.

44. MHolmstrom

MHolmstrom

The class in uinpcquest *something* was with a S after, so I just renamed the script :)

mischa2k likes this.
  45. camta005

camta005

Ok, just note that at the default rate the murderer dies every couple of minutes, making the game unplayable. It is easy to disable or modify, which I have done. You could just decrease the rate at which you lose health by default. Or tweak it some other way. Just letting you know dude ;)

In a fresh project. Learned the second skill put it on slot 4. Dragged a couple of potions on the bar with no problem. Exited, logged back in, potions are gone from the bar and my slot 4 skill is now in slot 2.
    Edit: It just doesn't have empty slots between skills when it reloads, which is fine. I'm not sure why the potions are disappearing though.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  46. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Is a version of uMMORPG coming maybe without the NavMesh system? Just thinking because I have procedural terrain block based. Think Trove/Cube World. And I need to jump.

Natalynn and davaguco like this.
  47. jria

jria

How to create a button that can show/hide for the chat? and also how to set the player kill in a specific place?

48. gghitman69

gghitman69

vis2k pour moi je modifie tout les script
    for 100$
    There is not enough free choice all variables should be get and set
    More choice in variables or you simplify all (ex loot range, talk range)
    The loot should be picked up directly in the inventory
    A chat with discord is good but perso I speak not English
    It is necessary a hotel of the sales and why not a system of mail for sending item
    A tournament would be cool

it's my opinion

49. mischa2k

mischa2k

I still can't reproduce it. Can you go more into detail?
    For example: start Windows 7, open uMMORPG in Unity 5.5.1, click this, do that, select this class, wait until .., then do ...

Not using a navmesh would require a lot of physics computations and client side prediction / rubberbanding / lag compensation. I am not sure if that's worth it.

50. davaguco

davaguco

I am switching to MySQL, instead of SQLite, I downloaded the recommended addon, but it showed several errors due to uMMORPG having changed several player variables names like player.hp, player.mana, player.exp, player.skillexp...

This is the file with the correct variable names (I had to change the password, database name, etc for obvious security reasons)

Attached Files:

camta005 likes this.