Search Unity

uMMORPG Official Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mischa2k, Dec 29, 2015.

1. mischa2k

mischa2k

Thanks. Yes, no rotation yet. Doint it with finger tapping/dragging/pinching would be too weird, so I'll have to think about the best way first. Maybe a + and - button at some point, will see.

2. jria

jria

Can someone give me NPC Characters w/o configurations? I can't figure out the proper way to change/create NPC's. Thanks. Im begging you masters. PLease

3. bartuq

bartuq

Check each line in Alchemist.prefab Inspector or show us screenshots with that from your new NPC. Also Alchemist.prefab have NameOverlayPosition and QuestIndicatorPosition.

4. jria

jria

MissingComponentException: There is no 'NavMeshAgent' attached to the "DefaultDragon" game object, but a script is trying to access it.
    You probably need to add a NavMeshAgent to the game object "DefaultDragon". Or your script needs to check if the component is attached before using it.
    NetworkNavMeshAgent.Update () (at Assets/uMMORPG/Scripts/NetworkNavMeshAgent.cs:32)

But I have a nav mesh in the inspector.

Attached Files:

5. cioa00

cioa00

Can you make screenshot about your npc inspector view?

6. jria

jria

that's a monster. I got tired on the NPC. I can't figure it out so I change my concept to the monster.

7. jria

jria

I can see the name of my monster. but I can't see it and I can't click it.

8. cioa00

cioa00

When you drag your monster prefab on the scene does it looks like this on hierarchy view like you can see on picture below

9. cioa00

cioa00

Oh, by the way, did you changed also monster avatar? When you click on monster prefab then you should be able to see under animator field "avatar". Make sure it is replaced according your monster and not left with skeleton avatar.
    Also make sure your monster has collider box or capsule collider.

I made small fast video to show how to replace npc and what happens when you turn on/off npc collider (if npc prefab doesn't have collider then you should add it).

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    mischa2k likes this.
  10. MHolmstrom

MHolmstrom

This could be very useful if you add a public variable to change "Steelplate" from the editor then questing would be a bit more interesting! Maybe add the interact range we use in the npc to the if state? :)

11. jria

jria

Could you also provide a fast tutorial for changing the monsters? Thanks

12. jria

jria

My team is suggesting to you my beloved developers to create another tutorial. Because we can't compile the game in linux. What version of linux/ubuntu OS shall we use? Do we need to install unity in that OS? They want to requet on compiling the game in the OS. Thanksss

13. gigz09

gigz09

make it sure that you have installed the Linux Build Support so you can choose it in Build window.

see the post here:
    http://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/122252/why-i-cant-do-a-build-for-linux

Attached Files:

jria and mischa2k like this.
  14. jria

jria

I'll try this later. Hm, how about the button "Server and play" what is the function of that button?Does it create another server and other players can join at my game just like minecraft?

15. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: V1.64 submitted for review:
    • Coupon time delay to avoid brute force
    • UIDragAndDropable variable renamed to someting more literal
    • Player.OnStartLocalPlayer unnecessary isLocalPlayer check removed
    • Removed all [FormerlySerializedAs] tags
    • PlayerChat.OnStartLocalPlayer [Client] tag removed
    • PlayerEquipmentLocation renamed to EquipmentLocation because it's more universal and to prepare for addon system
    • Player .healthMax, .manaMax etc. equipBonus variable renamed to equipmentBonus, attrBonus to attributeBonus
    • Player.SelectionHandling bestDest renamed to bestDestination
    • Player.lootRange and talkRange replaced by interactionRange to prepare for addons
    It starts the Host mode: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UNetManager.html

16. cioa00

cioa00

That is mostly just to run server throught editor or host the game server by yourself (for example testing purpose). Basically it does what @vis2k said - it start host mode.

If you are doing live build for server/client then remove that button or hide it (you can find it on hierarchy view under canvas -> login).

17. cioa00

cioa00

What kind changes it might bring? Do we need defined both variable values on one place or that interactionRange is somekind method?

18. bartuq

bartuq

jria Did you change your prefab Tag and Layer to Monster?

19. mischa2k

mischa2k

Before:
    Player.lootRange = 4;
    Player.talkRange = 4;

Now:
    Player.interactionRange = 4;

And every function that used lootRange/talkRange will use interactionRange.

20. MHolmstrom

MHolmstrom

@jria
    1. Just find the skeleton prefab select it, press Ctrl + D this will create skeleton 1.prefab.
    2. Ctrl + N for a new scene.
    3. Drag in the skeleton 1.prefab tp the scene.
    4. Locate the model and ampeture or what the rig is called, delete thoes two.
    5. Place you new model prefab or mesh as a child for skeleton 1 where the two deleted children was placed.
    6. Now go to you new model remove animator or animaton components if the are there by rightclicking the component in the inspector.
    7. Locate the rig i guess it's called root.
    8. Press add component search for capsule collider.
    9. Now press skeleton 1 again in the hitch.
    10. Add to the animator your new models avatar in the avatar field (MAKE SURE YOUR NEW MODEL USE HUMANOID RIG).
    11. Change the controller for you new animations. (If you dont have any animations, locate skeleton model and change it to humanoid).
    Now drag the skeleton 1 from the scene onto the prefab in the asset explorer to update it.
    12. Now add it to the new scene, @cioa00 made, a good tutorial as well! Good luck! :)

jria likes this.
  21. jria

jria

Huuhuhuhuhuh. I badly needed some party system. A simple party system will do. Just asking a question to the another player (if he/she accept it)the color of their name will change. And sharing of some exp will do. Thanks guys. More Power!

22. jria

jria

Please ! Help me guys!

23. Sr-Liermann

Sr-Liermann

Hello!
    I have a question, the enemies can use skills?

24. mischa2k

mischa2k

Maybe try implementing one yourself, you will surely learn something useful :)

Yes, you can drag a skill into their skills list for them to use. They always use the first one right now, for simplicity.

25. MHolmstrom

MHolmstrom

You are not the only obe wanting this feature but qe have to be patient! :)
    As I said try out the old tutorial it should work you found it so try it, all you have to do is add the code like explained right click canvas add a empty game object then apanel then add a button to the panel and see if it works! :)

26. jria

jria

Okayyy. Thank you guys

27. jria

jria

In having a online multiplayer, Do I need to complete the game before compiling it to headless mode then upload it to the website

28. cioa00

cioa00

You can always put up half game, and later you just update server (headless version) and client. And about headless version, you just turn off the game, update the files and start the game again) and of course don't forget release updated client version then also.

mischa2k likes this.
  29. gghitman69

gghitman69

vis2k Hi, I'm not happy with how to update scripts v1.63 and v1.64
    I modify them and therefore I integrate code to adapt for me
    Do I have to compare all the scripts? just for rename variable , time lose
    get the list old and new variable visualstudio does it for me
    Would need to review how to add future functionality differently
    Separate new additions in pdf or other please
    When do others think?

30. cioa00

cioa00

I`m using separated repository (on bitbucket) for that to keep track on changes. Of course those who doesn't use any source control management tool, for them it`s really hard to keep tracking what`s going on.

31. jria

jria

hello. how to have a remember my account, so that the player's info will be the placeholder on his/her device?

32. cioa00

cioa00

How about this way - saving input value to PlayerPrefs.

Code (CSharp):
    1. // open file Scripts/_UI/UILogin.cs
    2. // add (below) inside Start method
    3.         if (PlayerPrefs.HasKey("LastUsername")) {
    4.             string last = PlayerPrefs.GetString("LastUsername", "");
    5.             accountInput.text = last;
    6.         }
    9. // add (below) inside Destroy method
    10.         PlayerPrefs.SetString("LastUsername", accountInput.text);

mischa2k and jria like this.
  33. MHolmstrom

MHolmstrom

I use winmerge, it compares changes in the updates :)

@jria
    https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/PlayerPrefs.html
    Look at this and you should be fine. Here is someone who wrote a rather good one but im not sure how well it perform.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public class nomScript : MonoBehaviour {
    2.           public InputField usernameInput;
    3.           public bool alreadyName;
    4. void Start () {
    5.      if (alreadyName = true) {
    6.          usernameInput.text = PlayerPrefs.GetString ("saveNom");              
    7.          }
    8. }
    9. public void SaveUsername(string newName) {
    10.      alreadyName = true;
    11.      PlayerPrefs.SetString ("saveNom", newName); } }

jria likes this.
  34. jria

jria

I've noticed there's no sound. How to embed sound ? Like login sound or battle sound

35. barbugamer

barbugamer

i hired a freelancer on Fiver to fix the rotation of the camera on mobile. here i attach the file with the fix. you need to replace this file in the project. i think that this can be added in the original project because the game still works fine.

sorry for my english

Attached Files:

jria likes this.
  36. MHolmstrom

MHolmstrom

Sorry for bad quality but don't have a good recording software on my laptop :)
    Here is some equipment!

jagatai33, SammmZ, bartuq and 3 others like this.
  37. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: still playing around with the addon system. This takes forever because for each new approach I always convert the whole project, then see if it's a good solution or not. I am still playing around with C#'s partial classes for addons.

Work on the new character has started too, so work on the skinned mesh equipment system will begin during the next few weeks.

Yea sorry about that. I try to be careful and release code changes one step after another, but this time it had to happen all at once.

https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/audio/sound-effects-scripting

jria likes this.
  38. jria

jria

When will this be implemented?

39. mischa2k

mischa2k

That monster is awesome!

Natalynn and MHolmstrom like this.
  40. barbugamer

barbugamer

can you help me change the UI as you did?

41. MHolmstrom

MHolmstrom

It's the basic one, I only added material swap, you can find the code here somewhere and a tutorial.
    @vis2k haha, thanks!
    @barbugamer Sorry it would take a lot of time. I could freelance if you'd want me to.

42. jria

jria

How to decrease the scope of the green line?

Attached Files:

43. cioa00

cioa00

If you want change aggroarea radius then this is the way to change it

1) scene view

2) from prefab

44. jria

jria

how about this orange line?

45. jria

jria

How about this orange line?

Attached Files:

46. MHolmstrom

MHolmstrom

The orange line is highlighted selection tool from unity, also enable your Nav Mesh agent on the Rhino.
    The yellow orb is how far the Monster will randomly walk.
    Look in monster.cs attached to the monster prefab.

Another hint, move your Rhina_PBR over the AggroArea[Last in Hierarchy so that pelvis Collider is found first].

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  47. DigitalGrif

DigitalGrif

I sent an email to noobtuts, but this forum seems very active which is encouraging! On the verge of buying UMMORPG but

does anyone have an example of more fluid ARPG combat? or atleast knows if it is possible within ummorpg? <<(looks like Rick Hauser set up a little nicer targeting system in Canyonbreed, which is a good start!)

and would it be feasible to integrate an asset for this? maybe BS Melee (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/56981) it just looks so fluid and I would love to use it with UMMORPG. (I am worried about synchronization issues with physics based combat)

Thanks for any advice

Edit: also, while I am here. Can you play in a server over IP like with hamatchi? or is there some free server where I can test online? <<(I found MHolstroms post about using a dedicated server so I can try that myself)

Edit 2: answered some of my own questions but still curious about maybe integrating BS Melee?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  48. barbugamer

barbugamer

i am getting this error

IndexOutOfRangeException: ReadString() too long: 44204
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkReader.ReadString () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/NetworkReader.cs:303)
    Entity.OnDeserialize (UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkReader reader, Boolean initialState)
    Monster.OnDeserialize (UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkReader reader, Boolean initialState)
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkIdentity.OnUpdateVars (UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkReader reader, Boolean initialState) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/NetworkIdentity.cs:746)
    UnityEngine.Networking.ClientScene.ApplySpawnPayload (UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkIdentity uv, Vector3 position, System.Byte[] payload, NetworkInstanceId netId, UnityEngine.GameObject newGameObject) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/ClientScene.cs:481)
    UnityEngine.Networking.ClientScene.OnObjectSpawnScene (UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkMessage netMsg) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/ClientScene.cs:597)
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkConnection.HandleReader (UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkReader reader, Int32 receivedSize, Int32 channelId) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/NetworkConnection.cs:468)
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkConnection.HandleBytes (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 receivedSize, Int32 channelId) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/NetworkConnection.cs:424)
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkConnection.TransportRecieve (System.Byte[] bytes, Int32 numBytes, Int32 channelId) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/NetworkConnection.cs:576)
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkClient.Update () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/NetworkClient.cs:735)
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkClient.UpdateClients () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/NetworkClient.cs:950)
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkIdentity.UNetStaticUpdate () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/NetworkIdentity.cs:1073)

can someone help me?

49. mischa2k

mischa2k

So you would definitely have to do some modifications if you want a different combat system. Anything is possible of course. With a free motion type of system you may have to start worrying about synchronization / interpolation issues though. For example, if player A hits a sword towards player B's head, but player B already moved away on the server and player A just didn't receive the packet yet, who is right? Should B take damage or not?

We don't have this problem with the simple targeting system. So while it's certainly possible, you should really consider if it's worth the time, the effort and the networking challenges - in comparison to just launching your MMO with the default targeting system, growing the user base, etc.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Yes, that's a UNET bug: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...lash-readbytes-out-of-range-errors-in-clients read my first comment on there too to see exactly what causes it.
    The good news is that you can avoid it entirely if you are careful. The bad news is that the UNET guys don't care about it.

50. barbugamer

barbugamer

how can i avoid it ? can you help me?