Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

uMMORPG Official Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mischa2k, Dec 29, 2015.

1. camta005

camta005

Some good advice there. My philosophy is: "Create the game the engine was designed to make"

leomoyses and mischa2k like this.
  2. cioa00

cioa00

And here is the video (also check the image, because i made small error when i gave tag name to UI prefab item).

P.S: if something doesn't work (i just hope i didn't forget anything) then let me know.

Neviah and camta005 like this.
  3. mischa2k

mischa2k

Thanks for sharing. I can add a link to the documentation or do you want to put it on Github etc.?

Neviah likes this.
  4. dearamy

dearamy

I updated uMMorpg to 1.61 and got an error at the Character Creation.
    I'm using Unity 5.5.1f.
    Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 22.39.45 PM.png

5. mischa2k

mischa2k

Delete your old Database.sqlite file.

6. camta005

camta005

You need to delete your Database.sqlite file. When the item mall was added, there were some minor changes to the database structure. When you start the game again it will create a new Database.sqlite file with the updated database structure.

Edit: Just got there before me Vis2k lol

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    mischa2k likes this.
  7. cioa00

cioa00

I use mostly bitbucket (mercurial) but i`ll see if i can set up only partial code parts to github or different bitbucket public repository for that.

If you want you can also add those posts links (from previous page and this page) to documentation.

8. mischa2k

mischa2k

Bitbucket is fine too. Might be easier in case you modify it in the future etc.

9. luis29vm

luis29vm

If you make this website , you should grant access only for member that they all ready buy your asset, this way you prevent people that only make stupid comments , is just and Idea :)

10. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: next version was submitted for review. Updating your custom projects may take a few minutes longer than usual, but it's really worth it. Modifying UI is 10x easier because there are no more entry.GetChild(0).GetChild(1).GetComponenInChildren calls. As mentioned before, a few UI variable names were renamed to something more literal, which makes everything easier.

V1.62 [in development]
    • Upgrade Info: make sure to add all the new UI Slot scripts to the UI Slot prefabs and assign their properties to each prefab's components. Drag the prefab into the scene if needed. Also make sure to check each UI Script in the Scene and drag in all the necessary components again because some variables changed to a more literal version, like 'cancelButton' instead of 'btnCancel'.
    • Utils.PrettyTime uses milliseconds too if needed
    • Player script: simplified some array initializers
    • GUIConsole LogType.text renamed to .message
    • UIBuffs simplified
    • UICharacterCreation simplified
    • UICharacterInfo simplified
    • UICharacterSelection simplified
    • UIChat simplified
    • UICrafting simplified
    • UIDragAndDropable simplified
    • UIEquipment simplified
    • UIExperienceBar simplified
    • UIHealthMana simplified
    • UIInventory simplified
    • UIItemMall simplified
    • UIKeepInScreen simplified
    • UILogin simplified
    • UILoot simplified
    • UIMinimap simplified
    • UINpcDialogue simplified
    • UINpcQuest simplified
    • UIPlayerTradeRequest simplified
    • UIPlayerTrading simplified
    • UIQuests simplified
    • UIRespawn simplified
    • UISkillbar simplified
    • UISkills simplified
    • UITarget simplified
    • UINpcTrading simplified

WoogyIM, bartuq, luis29vm and 3 others like this.
  11. Ronith

Ronith

Issue:
    Running a builded dedicated Server on Windows 10 and i got the Error "SyncList not initialized" and the client is not able to connect (he says "Connecting...") and nothing happens. a fresh installed (and builded) uMOORPG works very well.
    I'm pretty sure I did not make any changes to the corefiles

my workflow with a fresh uMMORPG version:
    • importing my playerprefab an and set it up in the "NetworkManager" (registered spawnable prefabs)
    • importing my world-prefabs (models to build my world)
    • deleting the Archer and Warrior prefab and delete them from the registered spawnable prefabs
    • adding my own npc for testing combat things, setting up with an new projectile and own skill

the offlineclient works very well, but not dedicatet.
    What information do you need to further isolate the problem?

still confused...

12. mischa2k

mischa2k

Time for debugging then. Go back through your changes step by step, see when it started.
    It's useful to make a backup of your project after every change for those cases.

13. Ronith

Ronith

found it... the "Network Port" contained "0" instead 7777
    everything works now. but there is still the "SyncList not initialized" when the dedicated server is launched, but everything runs fine... hmhm

Is there a known trap in which I am running?

14. mischa2k

mischa2k

Sounds like you are either using a SyncList too early, or there is some weird UNET issue which results in SyncList not initialized for some reason.
    Try initializing your SyncLists in Start or OnStartServer.

15. Natalynn

Natalynn

I wish uMMORPG has an auction system, I think that be pretty cool to have to mainly handle the player economy. Like:
    • Players can sell there item on the auction house for an custom price.
    • Each Item on the auction house has an expire time limit after certain time, like 24 hours.
    • Auction Search Function, which gives you the ability to search for an item.
    • Item Category's, Weapons, Potions, Armor, Costumes, Crafting Goods.
    This way we don't handle everything by trading a player which comes with the risk of item scamming, but this is in every game I guess.

16. cioa00

cioa00

You could try use Item mall as a template and build basic auction house. Probably you just need also add some new functions, new ui file, ofc don't forget ui layout on under canvas object.

17. MyNameJeff22

MyNameJeff22

would it be possible to add voice chat in a way that wouldnt kill the server?

example: player clicks button and records up to 10 second of audio. client sends it to server and server sends it to guild chat or private message

anyone have an idea of how to make this happen?
    Im not a programmer so im not sure how hard that would be to add

18. cioa00

cioa00

For that case you probably need to take a look for example teamspeak sdk version (which means probably another server for just to keep up voice chat or just another server service) and try implement voice chat into your game. And since you aren't programmer it won't be easy.

mischa2k likes this.
  19. MyNameJeff22

MyNameJeff22

Isnt team speak a live stream? even the pro live streamers like xbox do not work very well.. choppy and laggy..

I played a 2d mmorpg on mobile a few years back that had an amazing chat setup
    it simply let people record a 10-15 second audio and click send
    it never lagged and i have horrible cell signal where i live

how hard would it be to let players send 10 second audio to other players?
    not a live stream. more like a tiny upload.
    i mean 10 seconds of audio should be like 25 to 70kb maybe?

P.S. nice work on the account bank. thats very cool

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  20. WoogyIM

WoogyIM

Statistics players online
    Ashampoo_Snap_2017.02.13_08h04m52s_001_.png
    Sorry for my English.
    Put task to display statistics of players in the game on the site.
    Instructions attach below.

Attached Files:

camta005 likes this.
  21. cioa00

cioa00

22. mischa2k

mischa2k

Good morning everyone!

Try and implement one :)

You would have to record the audio on the client, convert it to a byte array and then send upload it to the server. This would kill all the bandwidth, so you would probably need a 3rd party server to take care of it.

I wouldn't worry about that kind of stuff before even launching your game though. Those kind of features are usually for much later, after the core mechanics are all perfect.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, added it to the documentation.

23. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: working on mobile camera controls today. Implemented two finger pinching to zoom in and out and disabled rotations for now, which makes for a much nicer mobile experience.

The fact that people are able to log in for a while and play their favourite MMORPG while in school or at work is really fascinating.

24. tequyla

tequyla

Hello,

I'm completely lost. All variables and values updated in files are in database too or only in hard in the code source ?

attributes, etc...

++

25. mischa2k

mischa2k

What do you mean?
    Items, Skills, Quests are 100% in the ScriptableObjects in the Project Area.
    The only thing that's saved in the database are the things that are different for each new player, like the position, level, current health, etc.

26. Pronax

Pronax

I heared that people are running this as dedicated server on windows?
    I got a windows root server and would like to run it there. How is this possible?

And when i want to set my servers IP in networkmanager it just deletes the field every time after i put in sth?

27. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: fixed mobile UI click through issue. uMMORPG runs really well on phones now.

Take a look at the documentation to see how it can be run in headless/batch mode on Linux/Windows.

You have to modify the server list, it's a bit further down.

leomoyses likes this.
  28. leomoyses

leomoyses

Releasing any time today? <3

29. mischa2k

mischa2k

It's up to Unity, they are still reviewing it.

leomoyses likes this.
  30. cioa00

cioa00

I was playing little bit MySQL. For that i had to make various changes on Database.cs file but most content were the same, just tiny bit changed here and there. Also i had to change data types on various SQL tables (most likely i could change them way better, but those are good enough at the moment).

You can find code from my bitbucker repository - https://bitbucket.org/janektodoruk/ummorpg-mysql/overview

P.S: code might be dirty, it has a lot old code blocks, debug info and so on, so take it at the moment as it is as just sandbox result.

mischa2k, camta005 and leomoyses like this.
  31. camta005

camta005

Nice, I have converted it over to MySQL also. What version of Connector Net are you using? The latest version of Connector Net that I could get mine working with was version 6.7.9.

32. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: got a domain for the uMMORPG forum. Reviewing different forum software today.

Thanks for sharing! I'll wait a bit before I add anything to the documentation, since camta wanted to post his solution too I think.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    luis29vm likes this.
  33. cioa00

cioa00

Let see, according ILSpy, dll has version 6.0.7. So it`s pretty old :p because i re-used dll files which i already had on my computer.

Yes, that would be good idea, because his approach on the code might be different than mine. Beside he were using way newer MySQL connector dll files.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  34. camta005

camta005

Yeah I'm still planning to, I'm just waiting for 1.62 to be released.

It's good to compare. I have your version working at the moment and I am having a good look through it. I notice in the SQL file you have a lot of settings which are probably necessary for using the older connector dll with later versions of MySQL. I encountered a similar issue where I had to use SET NAMES utf8 or the queries/results wouldn't work with a database that uses latin1 as the character set for queries/results.

35. cioa00

cioa00

Most probably when using utf-8, then the SQL tables should have utf-8 set as default charset and probably also the collision itself too. As i noticed, i had latin1 on my sql tables, which may give some headaches later.

camta005 likes this.
  36. mischa2k

mischa2k

Unity added a thread search function today. That should be very useful for our 54 page novel here.

CrandellWS and leomoyses like this.
  37. leomoyses

leomoyses

Finally. Such a powerful engine with a very broken asset store and forum ;-;

38. Ronith

Ronith

1.62 is available. thanx, @vis2k

my favourite next feature: resource gathering. it would be nice for the standard gameplay by default :) (yes, i know... one step after another) :)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    mischa2k and Tiny-Tree like this.
  39. leomoyses

leomoyses

By generating a Height Mesh, am I making it much heavier on the network? Because if I don't generate the height mesh the characters float or go into the ground.

Also, if I bake the height mesh, the moving animation won't stop, any fix for that? :O

Sorry about the stupid questions :(

40. mischa2k

mischa2k

Update: V1.62 [released 2017-02-15]
    • Upgrade Info: make sure to add all the new UI Slot scripts to the UI Slot prefabs and assign their properties to each prefab's components. Drag the prefab into the scene if needed. Also make sure to check each UI Script in the Scene and drag in all the necessary components again because some variables changed to a more literal version, like 'cancelButton' instead of 'btnCancel'.
    • Utils.PrettyTime uses milliseconds too if needed
    • Player script: simplified some array initializers
    • GUIConsole LogType.text renamed to .message
    • UIBuffs simplified
    • UICharacterCreation simplified
    • UICharacterInfo simplified
    • UICharacterSelection simplified
    • UIChat simplified
    • UICrafting simplified
    • UIDragAndDropable simplified
    • UIEquipment simplified
    • UIExperienceBar simplified
    • UIHealthMana simplified
    • UIInventory simplified
    • UIItemMall simplified
    • UIKeepInScreen simplified
    • UILogin simplified
    • UILoot simplified
    • UIMinimap simplified
    • UINpcDialogue simplified
    • UINpcQuest simplified
    • UIPlayerTradeRequest simplified
    • UIPlayerTrading simplified
    • UIQuests simplified
    • UIRespawn simplified
    • UISkillbar simplified
    • UISkills simplified
    • UITarget simplified
    • UINpcTrading simplified
    Isn't a normal Navmesh good enough?

41. leomoyses

leomoyses

Without a Height Mesh the characters either step into the ground or float :(

42. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

its not using more cpu but more ram because baked data take much more space

43. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: wrote a 'MMORPG common hacks and protection' article today where I explain speed hacks, duping, wall hacks, bots, clientless bots and how to protect against all of that. Will get to the previously mentioned MMORPG monetization article soon afterwards. I am not 100% sure yet on how I make them available.

Are you sure you are baking the navmesh properly? This should be good enough for most Indie MMORPGs, it works pretty good with terrain. A heightmesh would only be useful for stairs and such.

What do you mean? Are you reporting a bug? What happened?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    camta005 likes this.
  44. camta005

camta005

Gamasutra?

WoogyIM likes this.
  45. jria

jria

Does anyone know if this kit can be exported in android platform, because I can't see a D-PAD. Thank you.

46. mischa2k

mischa2k

Yes, runs perfectly fine on Android. You can tap into the game world to move.

jria likes this.
  47. jria

jria

If I buy this kit, is it easy to configure? how will I use skills and potions, do I need to create a UI for that?

48. mischa2k

mischa2k

You don't have to configure anything. Just build the .apk for Android and run it. The UI works great on mobile.
    Well if your phone has a small screen then you may want to increase the Canvas scale to 1.5, but you don't have to.

jria likes this.
  49. jria

jria

Thank you. Another thing that I would like to know is if I buy this kit, is it licensed to only one pc or we can develop the game with multiple pc using this kit? because we are working as a team.

50. mischa2k

mischa2k

Not good enough :)

Good question. You may want to read through the asset store license agreement to be completely sure. All I can tell you is that for some assets it says 'requires one license per seat', for uMMORPG it doesn't say that though. I can't influence that either. So it's up to whatever Unity says. I suppose you don't need one license per team member. Maybe buy one per seat when you made your first million ;)

leomoyses likes this.