Search Unity

uMMORPG Official Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mischa2k, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Sr-Liermann

Sr-Liermann

There a Way to Slipt the Login of the World Scene?
    The Login In the Same Scene of the World is unusual!
    I miss a tutorial for "how to make a character creation/select scene" too, or a start point.
    Cause All in the same scene is unusual and ugly!
    Some tutorials would be precious.
    Thankyou!

2. dearamy

dearamy

How to Make the buff skills work on others?

3. cioa00

cioa00

Due UNET limitation/bug (at least at the moment) you can't use different scenes. But you can use different canvas layers to hide the screen and show for example only the login screen or other screen-s like loading screen and so on.

4. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress Info: did some more research on the SyncList file name bug that I reported almost a year ago: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...with-certain-names-is-not-synced-with-clients . I provided Unity with some more infos on it that I learned when working on uMOBA. Still no response from a UNET developer though.

Thanks, good to hear!

I haven't tried that with uMMORPG, but it should be possible. The UNET manual / scripting reference probably helps. Also note that there is a Network Lobby asset from Unity on the Asset Store, which connects in one scene and plays in another scene, so it does work.

That's difficult. Right now, every player has his list of skills, including all his buffs and status effects. Those are then turned on or off, so to speak. Casting a buff on someone else would require us to add that buff to his list of skills. While probably possible, I haven't tried that yet and there are probably a lot of things to consider to get it right.

That's probably the easiest solution.

5. Merries

Merries

Fresh install got a error: Assets/uMMORPG/Scripts/Database.cs(47,30): error CS1501: No overload for method `GetFiles' takes `3' arguments This is on the most recent package.
    Thanks!

6. mischa2k

mischa2k

Someone mentioned that before a long time ago. He did something (probably reinstall Unity, redownload uMMORPG etc.) and then it worked for him. GetFiles should take 3 arguments anyway, it does for the rest of us. Could be a Unity bug too, might be worth reporting.

7. Merries

Merries

Ill give it a try and see what happens. Did a completely fresh install error is gone.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  8. dearamy

dearamy

Is there a limit of SyncVars in a NetworkBehaviour?

UNetWeaver error: Script class [Player] has too many SyncVars (32). (This could include base classes)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    Unity.UNetWeaver.Log:Error(String) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/Program.cs:20)
    Unity.UNetWeaver.NetworkBehaviourProcessor:processSyncVars() (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetBehaviourProcessor.cs:1903)
    Unity.UNetWeaver.NetworkBehaviourProcessor:process() (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetBehaviourProcessor.cs:53)
    Unity.UNetWeaver.Weaver:processNetworkBehaviourType(TypeDefinition) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetWeaver.cs:1064)
    Unity.UNetWeaver.Weaver:CheckNetworkBehaviour(TypeDefinition) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetWeaver.cs:1549)
    Unity.UNetWeaver.Weaver:Weave(String, IEnumerable`1, IAssemblyResolver, String, String, String) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetWeaver.cs:1658)
    Unity.UNetWeaver.Weaver:WeaveAssemblies(IEnumerable`1, IEnumerable`1, IAssemblyResolver, String, String, String) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetWeaver.cs:1748)
    Unity.UNetWeaver.Program:process(String, String, String, String[], String[], IAssemblyResolver, Action`1, Action`1) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/Program.cs:34)
    UnityEditor.Scripting.Serialization.Weaver:WeaveUnetFromEditor(String, String, String, String, Boolean)

9. nixter

nixter

Yeah, 32 per class.

mischa2k likes this.
  10. jonkuze

jonkuze

Hello, I'm curious to know if there is anyone here on this thread that may be interested in partnering with me to help migrate my game Heroes of Rune over to uMMORPG? I barely have free time these days to commit to game development stuff... so i'm really seeking someone that would be seriously interested in a partnership to maintain Heroes of Rune on the uMMORPG Framework.

What's in it for you? I already have an established relationship with a well known web gaming portal publisher where I can easily get this game in front of players in a matter of a week's time if not days (*publishing requirements: integrate a very simple API). There is a revenue share involved of course. Finally, I already have nice looking website, all the assets we need from playable characters, NPCs, and a fully designed original world already created. You can check all this out at http://heroesofrune.com, (just play with firefox browser to load the Web Player game).

The goal will be to migrate all the assets into uMMORPG Framework, swap out the UI (I also have custom made UI), add sound FXs, cool special effects, skills, etc... (which i have as well) get the game playable with what uMMORPG has to offer by default, then discuss how we can expand upon the game.

I'm seeking a serious, professional partnership, where you will probably see a higher % of the revenue for helping me maintain the game. While I am providing a fully copyrighted game title, game assets, and even the server hosting. I would take care of any marketing, social media stuff. I just need a developer who is interested in making this all happen.

Let me know your thoughts... contact me via Skype: jonmalave, but send me an introduction email first at jon@mijikaigames.com. Lets Talk!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  11. mischa2k

mischa2k

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  12. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress Info: found the reason for the 5.4. crashes. It happens when calling Destroy(gameObject, time) in the DamagePopup. Reported it to QA, let's hope for a quick fix so that we can all use Unity 5.4!

Case number: 818891.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  13. cioa00

cioa00

i guess ill use 5.3.6 in meantime then :p

14. dearamy

dearamy

I thought it got fixed in Unity5.2.1f or what.

15. JBR-games

JBR-games

@vis2k. Im working on a dynamic day & night system. I wanted the player to sync with the server on time. How would you go about this ? Are you currently using NetworkTime.cs for doing this ? If so code you give a quick example..
    Thanks

16. mischa2k

mischa2k

You can calculate the server time with:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. var serverTime = Time.time + NetworkTime.offset;
    This works on clients and servers. (NetworkTime.offset is 0 on servers).

JBR-games likes this.
  17. nixter

nixter

No, it hasn't changed. I believe they are intentionally using it for performance reasons. So not a bug to be fixed.

http://blogs.unity3d.com/2014/05/29/unet-syncvar/

Classes with 32+ variables are unwieldy in my opinion and should be broken down into separate functional classes. For instance, I created a separate class for Player Attributes. Now I can have as many as I want. Well, up to 32. :)

JBR-games likes this.
  18. nonom

nonom

Its a feature request,

Using "is" instead "typeof()" to compare object instances could let us to define a PlayerInstance instead modify the Player, but at the moment it forces a Monster attacks just a Player object.

In my opinion it's useful to do cool things with the AI behaviour for different instances. In example, a BossInstance who extends a generic MonsterInstance who finally extends Monster.

At the moment I tested modifying a few checks like the CanAttack* methods using the Entity as parameter instead getType(). In example, the following should be enough to attack any Player instance.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. //monsters can only attack players
    2. public override bool CanAttackType(Entity e){
    3.     return e is Player;
    4. }
    Would nice extend Item, Quest, Monster and Player

My main objective is to add elemental resistances , that feature helps us to make different types of Items adding new attributes, like these resistances, or apply more stats to the Monsters and Players without alter the core engine.

Thanks for your support!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    JBR-games likes this.
  19. dearamy

dearamy

Separating class for Player Attributes is a really good idea. i love it. thank you;)

JBR-games likes this.
  20. mischa2k

mischa2k

That's a good point, I can see that being useful. If you implement your custom Monster types, please let me know which code you had to change to get that to work. The 'is' to 'typeof' change would be easy of course.

nonom likes this.
  21. mischa2k

mischa2k

22. JBR-games

JBR-games

Ah good to know, as i had originally thought that the 32 limit was for the whole project. At some point i think the attributes need to be officially moved to their own class.

23. dearamy

dearamy

Hi, Can I add some prefab slot to these templates,
    like slots in skill templates for particle prefabs,
    which will be (GameObject) params passed to some [ClientRPC] Method in Entity class?
    I thought it's useful to help showing some damage effects.
    Anyways, I've already done some test and always got an error log called "NullReferenceException".:(

24. mischa2k

mischa2k

You can add prefabs to SkillTemplate. It already has a 'Sprite' type too.
    You can't add them to Skill/Item/Quest though, because they are used in SyncLists, which only support simple types like int, float, string.

25. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress Info: Updated WebGL demo. It is now built with Unity 5.3.6 and all the new fixes. Users can also play both player types now.

26. mischa2k

mischa2k

Update: the patcher received a tiny but important update today. Someone tested it in the real world and notified me about a bug where it would stop at 93% when patching big files on some machines. Turns out that the Java heap limit was reached, which is generally no big deal because of how Java works. We can always increase that limit with -Xmx1024m etc.

The problem however was that the code only caught Exceptions (null reference, etc.), but no Errors(out of memory, etc.). The new version catches both and shows a message box, which makes the patcher even more robust - and field tested.

I am sure this is great news for everyone who wants to launch his/her own MMORPG some day. The more issues we solve before launch, the greater the user experience!

nonom and JBR-games like this.
  27. takapi

takapi

Hi,vis2k.
    My Unity has been updated to 5.4.0f3, and uMMORPG isn't working. :(
    What should I do ?

NetworkManager detected a script reload in the editor. This has caused the network to be shut down.
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkIdentity:UNetStaticUpdate()

28. mischa2k

mischa2k

5.4 has a few open bugs that have to be fixed by Unity before we can upgrade uMMORPG. For example:
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...deactivating-worldspace-canvas-crashes-editor

So please stay at 5.3.x (e.g. 5.3.6) until you read 'upgraded to 5.4' in the uMMORPG changelog.

29. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress Info: V1.31 was submitted for review with a few smaller adjustments and the 5.3.6 upgrade. All changes can be seen in the first post!

Good to hear.

nonom and cioa00 like this.
  30. JBR-games

JBR-games

Working on a day and night system, if anybody would like it let me know..

Mikaelst, nonom, dhogan and 1 other person like this.
  31. dhogan

dhogan

Just in case it's helpful for you to know, I was able to connect and select an existing character to play with. I noticed a bit of lag in the archer's arrow, and maybe a bit on movement. No problems looting, buying/selling, etc., worked fine windowed or full screen.

nonom likes this.
  32. dhogan

dhogan

I'd definitely be interested!

33. JBR-games

JBR-games

Ill pm a link to it in a few hours.

nonom likes this.
  34. Wansyth

Wansyth

I'm interested!

Are there any updates for the inclusion of a party/group system?

35. mischa2k

mischa2k

Not yet. Been going through the existing code lately, working on smaller improvements.

36. nonom

nonom

public abstract bool CanAttackTarget(Entity entity)

instead public abstract bool CanAttackType(System.Type t)

Allows different object instances from Monster and Player.

Sent you a patch.

37. JBR-games

JBR-games

Got held up at work last night. So ill work on making the package after work today.

nonom likes this.
  38. JBR-games

JBR-games

Dynamic Day Night System
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56258304/SharingPics/DayNightSystem.unitypackage

I apologize for the delay, i decided to add mouse over tool tips to the scripts, and a short read me doc to make adding it to ummorpg easier. Ill keep this link active for a few days otherwise pm me . if you find any issues / fixes please let me know with a PM.

im also working on a way too maybe add weather systems that would fade in and out randomly maybe based on seasons. So example would be summer would be usually clear sunny days where as winter might be 60% cloudy and raining.

thanks

edit- added steps to change lighting , and depth for cameras in "read me"
    edit 8-16-16 - using Lux Shaders now have basics of ground snow and a basic weather snow /rain system. when finished working out the details, ill update the link.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    dhogan, nixter and nonom like this.
  39. nonom

nonom

It's working pretty fine, I did both tests, in a fresh install and my custom project.

And the daynight looks awesome with a fully decorated scene! Keep up the good work!

JBR-games likes this.
  40. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress Info: taking a few days to learn and play around with CG / Unity shaders. More practical changes will come soon.

Thanks, will put it on my ToDo list and look into it in one of the next versions.

JBR-games and nonom like this.
  41. mischa2k

mischa2k

Update: V1.31 is now on the Asset Store. Changes can be seen in the first post, as usual!

nonom, nixter and JBR-games like this.
  42. dbordzo

dbordzo

And Party System, Party System would be great :D

Malbers and nonom like this.
  43. nixter

nixter

Very minor issue: The Monster Respawn bool is treated as always TRUE if RespawnTime is set to 0. Perhaps consider a check in the Monster.UpdateServer_DEAD()

if (EventRespawnTimeElapsed() && respawn) {

nonom likes this.
  44. Codinablack

Codinablack

Does anyone know why my unity crashes while running the game in the inspector?

45. dearamy

dearamy

Just got updated, and I can't see the player's weapons on the client side :confused:.

46. mischa2k

mischa2k

Probably because of this bug: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...deactivating-worldspace-canvas-crashes-editor
    Make sure to use Unity 5.3.6 and only upgrade to 5.4 when you read about it in the uMMORPG changelog. Often times there are still bugs in newer Unity versions, so we can't upgrade immediately.

Will look into it, thanks.

Does it happen in a fresh uMMORPG project too? And do you use Unity 5.3.6?

47. mischa2k

mischa2k

Can you go more into detail about the expected behaviour and the unexpected behaviour? I didn't see any issues so far.

A respawn time of '0' means that it respawns immediately after the death time has elapsed. And it should only do so if 'bool respawns' is 'true'.

48. mischa2k

mischa2k

Then please post detailed descriptions on how to trigger this bug, so that I can try it myself.

49. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress Info: submitted V1.32 with a downgrade to Unity 5.3.5 because of a UNET reconnect bug that happens in 5.3.6, but is fixed in 5.4. It also has a fix for a small UIRefresh.UpdateSkillbar issue.

50. mischa2k

mischa2k

Hey guys,
    we are still dealing with a lot of UNET HLAPI issues. I mentioned the option of creating my own HLAPI version with fixes and improvements before.

If you are interested, please let your voice be heard in this thread: HLAPI_fixed.