Search Unity

uMMORPG Add-ons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MyNameJeff22, Jan 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyNameJeff22

MyNameJeff22

I like many others have searched the internet for a mmorpg template that can be expanded on by myself and others to make a fully functional mmorpg. In my search I came across the unity asset uMMORPG and found that it has many addons/plugins made by the community. I thought to myself "This is perfect!" but after buying the product and working on it myself for a wile I chose to invest and save some time by purchasing addons to implement into my project. I started with purchasing the addons/plugins on the asset store for uMMORPG but it turned out that non of them worked. After much frustration and some research I found that uMMORPG is ran mostly outside of the unity thread in a Discord channel made by the developer of uMMORPG Vis2k. Anyone can join the Discord channel but in order to get access to a help channel or addon channel you must first send your unity order number to Vis2k to become a verified purchaser. Once I did that I got access to the other channels and could talk with other users of the asset. I found out very quickly that 80% of the 500usd worth of addons I have purchased do not work for the asset but possibly an older version that is no longer downloadable. In my opinion this is unacceptable. when I brought up the issue in the discord many user agreed but I was also met with immediate hostility for suggesting that Vis2k should make a list of addons that work and have his seal of approval and possibly have the other addons that do not work taken down so other people wouldn't make the same mistake I did by assuming plugins for this asset would actually work and so I have made this forum post to help warn others of addons that are still being sold that will not ever work.

I will update the thread with links to working and non working addons soon.

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

@vis2k is pretty active in the multiplayer forum. I don't see how he can be held accountable for broken 3rd party add-ons he did not create nor maintains. You should be contacting the developers of the specific add-ons. He also cannot force the Asset Store to take down assets he did not publish.

3. MyNameJeff22

MyNameJeff22

I did not accuse Vis2k of anything or suggest he should be held accountable for the non working addons. this thread is to let people know what will work and what will not so they dont make the same mistake I did. i will update the thread with links to working and non working addons shortly

4. uberwiggett

uberwiggett

Actually your post did infer some blame on Vis for not having a seal of approval system, it's certainly how I read that part. You also seem to blame the community for immediate hostility. Question though, each UAS asset has to go through an often lengthy period where UAS testers check it for bugs and ensure it works as part of a quality of service term. At the time the assets were submitted they had to work with the nominated asset they were linked to (in this case ummorpg), which means that each addon did at some stage work. Now that ummorpg has changed version and broken them, do you hold unity accountable for still allowing them to be sold without running new checks? In fact, what is the purpose of this thread? your story seems to try and throw blame around based on your opinion, but the main point seems to be "hey guys I'm going to list which addons are working and which aren't", so why not just post which addons are working and which aren't?

Che4Cuba likes this.
  5. snacktime

snacktime

Not the right place. Just because you want the entire world to know, doesn't mean the world cares. The people who care are on the ummorpg threads.

Che4Cuba and uberwiggett like this.
  6. Che4Cuba

Che4Cuba

This is written by someone who's input should be considered invalid.

I've tried and tested almost every uMMORPG add on and there are only a select few that do not work due to the creator leaving or support being dropped for it.

This person assumes systems like uMMORPG are drop 'n' drag and I am already fed up with this persons attitude.
    Zero knowledge of coding nor how to make a game that isn't an asset flip, I have tried to reason with you before but you are unreasonable.

1: 9/10 unsupported addons designed for uMMORPG work
    2: Almost 10/10 supported add-ons work
    3: You need to know SOME level of coding to make a game
    4: This is a Unity Forum not uMMORPG forum
    5: Add-ons are a community based project supported by creators of projects made by uMMORPG
    6: You are not obligated to use add-ons
    7: Don't use the add-ons if you don't know simple C#
    8: Do not expect an MMORPG in less then a year and do not expect one at all without coding knowledge.
    9: Instead of coming into discord, attacking devs and making an arse out of yourself here, go work on your game, we know you won't
    10: Use Unity forums for Unity based issues, just because you have an issue? It doesn't mean the other 400 members do

This is not Minecraft, this is uMMORPG.

Learn to code then maybe you have a right to complain.

7. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I'm not interested in bickering on these forums. It won't end well (and never, ever has or will).
    To quote from the product page:
    Whichever way you put it, the asset is marketing at all kinds of users without clarifying how much knowledge you need. In this case I would be very interested in uMMORPG if I wasn't very technical. Therefore it is illogical to blame the OP when Unity itself attracts developers of all kinds. If a popular asset (and no doubt they have a fair bit of cash by now) cannot manage customer expectations, they deserve all the flack they will get. It is also the responsibility of the asset author or business to address it, not other customers.

So no, I don't blame the OP.

Part of a successful business is managing customers. When customers fight other customers, this is the failure of the business or asset author.

Possible resolutions would be:
    • asset author offering refund
    • asset author managing expectations on product page
    • asset author sets rules/boundaries for customers

Ryiah likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.