Search Unity

uMMORPG 2D Official Thread - The Unity 2D MMORPG Asset

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mischa2k, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Daxni

Daxni

For example I have added new tiles and the collisions are placed right in the middle and I can pass for example on top of a piece of tree, houses etc.

2. mischa2k

mischa2k

Can you make a screenshot of the navmesh and the colliders?

3. Daxni

Daxni

I show you the problem, when adding more tiles and doing bake to nav the collision is in the center and the player passes over the object

upload_2018-5-31_14-30-14.png

4. mischa2k

mischa2k

Update:
    V1.24 [released 2018-06-02]
    • Upgraded to Unity 2017.4.4 LTS for the Tilemap fix
    • Upgrade Info: this is a Syntax Update. Don't panic, all you have to do is rename Item/Skill/Quest/RecipeTemplate scripts, Unity won't reset your ScriptableObjects. The only thing you need to reassign are monster item drops. Make backups before you update!
    • Renamed Item/Skill/Quest/RecipeTemplates to ScriptableItem/Skill/Quest/Reicipe because that's what they are.
    • { } parentheses update. { always starts in a new line now.

Did you use colliders correctly? Please check out the existing scene to see how this works. It works fine there. Try adding an obstacle and rebake to see if it still works afterwards.

Shilo likes this.
  5. TechSins

TechSins

if i bought this, could i use it for singleplayer only and not online with other players?

6. mischa2k

mischa2k

It can run in 'server & play' aka host mode. Others could still connect to your computer if they are on your local network, but you can disable that too if you set the Networkmanager's dontListen property to true.

So.. I guess yea, why not.

gnsx likes this.
  7. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: V1.28 pending review, big improvements update!

• V1.28 [released 2018-07-24]
    • Upgraded to Unity 2017.4.7 LTS
    • UIDragAndDropable: OnDragAndClear is only fired when dropping a slot into nirvana, not when dropping it on a panel. Fixes issues where OnDragAndClear would be called if we'd drop something in the space between two item slots, etc. This just feels a lot more solid.
    • NetworkNavMeshAgent send interval changed from 0 to 100ms so it doesn't ddos the server with the latest HLAPI CE fixes where sendInterval actually works
    • NetworkNavMeshAgent reimplemented: huge bandwidth reduction because click movement only syncs when destination changed now, not while velocity changes (all the time previously). Also fixes several twitches for wasd moving clients. Added perfect warp detection + Rpc now too.
    • Minimap clear flags set to solid color and color set to a dark gray to match the UI panel. Improvements minimap appearance when standing at the edge of the world.
    • Skeleton Giant: added NetworkName component to avoid "(Clone)" suffix on clients
    • UILogin.registerButton not interactable while connecting anymore
    • NetworkManagerMMO.state so that Login/CharacterCreation/CharacterSelection UIs know when to be visible. Fixes a bug where character selection would be shown while server closed and disconnect wasn't detected yet.
    • UILogin status shows 'Handshake' now too

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  8. marcospreviato

marcospreviato

with this asset its easy to change characters and maps?

9. mischa2k

mischa2k

Very easy yes!

10. GameNative

GameNative

Will this package be upgraded to use Mirror as well?

11. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.30 pending review:

• Removed unnecessary Chat component from Monsters, Npcs, Pets
    • Player.LoadSkillbar: checks if entry is valid item/equipment/learned skill instead of only checking learned skill. Fixes a bug where items/equipment wouldn't be loaded after the previous skillbar change.
    • Fixed 'ClientScene::AddPlayer: playerControllerId of 0 already in use.' bug when pressing character selection select button too fast while on low fps or high latency. The button is now disabled after pressing select.
    • Sqlite DLLs moved into Plugins/SQLite folder
    • Switch UNET to Mirror

Yes

12. mischa2k

mischa2k

weteamsteve likes this.
  13. B_Johansson

B_Johansson

Im trying to use a 32*64 pixel size on my player. I been trying to change the collider cause if I just change the animation to display the 32*64 and change the scale on the warrior prefab the player can still walk on water app. 20pixels.

Nothing happens when I change the circle collider and press Apply for the prefab. So what controls the player collider?

Also is there another forum to discuss this asset?

14. mischa2k

mischa2k

Most people discuss it in the discord (see my signature).
    If you want another size then change navmeshagent component's size too.

15. B_Johansson

B_Johansson

Ah, I think I spent 2hours so far trying to figure that out. Thanks a lot! Will try it later today.

16. B_Johansson

B_Johansson

I cant seem to find the scale for the nav mesh agent. This is what I see:

I also tried to change the height of the agent:

17. mischa2k

mischa2k

It's the radius in 2D. It's there in your first picture.

18. B_Johansson

B_Johansson

Alright thanks! I tried it now and it seems like changing the agent radius on the navigation 2d window made it so the player collides larger. But I didnt get any effect from changing Radius on the player to "10" (pressed apply and baked). This also makes it so the entire player can collide, any suggestion on how to make it so only the bottom half can collide?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  19. mischa2k

mischa2k

Maybe move the sprite upwards a bit?

20. unity_gPysnzQOTOGUTg

unity_gPysnzQOTOGUTg

Hello, i want to buy this asset but i have a few questions:
    1- How many players this engine support?
    2- Have protection against lucky patcher and common hack tools? (like speedhack)
    3- Can i host one server in my home machine? (Just to enter on game while i'm at work, make some tests and enjoy my own history)
    4- It's easy to add classes and stats?

I really like the idea that i can learn with your code, thx, and i'm waiting.

21. mischa2k

mischa2k

1. uMMORPG 3D can support around 500 per zone right now. You can have multiple zones. And uMMORPG 2D is even faster, so more than 500 per zone. You'll have difficulties finding so many players for your game :)
    2. The server does never trust the client. Everything is validated, speedhacks, cheatengine, ollydbg etc. won't help to cheat.
    3. Yes
    4. Yes

22. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: V1.33 pending review. This will be a huge updated to bring uMMORPG 2D up to date with uMMORPG 3D. Sorry if updating your custom projects takes a bit more time than usual. This will be the last big update for a while, I want to do some work on Mirror (networking) for a bit.

V1.33
    • Stuns
    • Character Selection Previews
    • AudioSources & Skill sound effects are now supported (no examples yet)
    • Rubberband movement improvements
    • Crafting Times
    • Safe Zones
    • Scriptable Quests

23. klen11

klen11

In the update you state that now the client handles all player movement. Does the server still check to make sure the player isn't cheating and teleporting when they shouldn't or moving too fast?

24. mischa2k

mischa2k

Yes, of course. It's still 100% secure. Server resets clients if a move wasn't valid (hence rubberbanding).

klen11 likes this.
  25. mischa2k

mischa2k

News: uMMORPG 2D is 50% off during Unity's Cyber Week sale! Grab it while you can.

Progress:
    V1.34 pending review:
    • Upgraded to Unity 2017.4.13
    • Mirror updated to latest version
    • Entity now has a public audioSource field to be assigned in the Inspector. This avoids a ScriptableSkill.OnCastStarted GetComponent call
    • Fixed warning message equipment size
    • UI TextLatency renamed to Latency in Hierarchy
    • Character selection previews are now cleared on client when joining world, not on server
    • UISkills: removed unnecessary skills.FindIndex because we don't have buffs and skills in one list anymore
    • EquipmentSlot: overlays don't block Raycasts anymore. Makes drag and drop easier.
    • UINpcTrading/UINpcDialogue/UILoot/UINpcPetRevive/UIChat singleton to avoid FindObjectOfType calls
    • Projectile start position fixed in clients

26. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.37 pending review!
    • Upgraded to Unity 2018.2.20f1 and NET 4.X in Player Settings!
    • Updated Mirror to latest versions! Make sure to reassign all the missing NetworkIdentities and NetworkProximityChecker components for all your networked prefabs.
    • Player.UpdateClient skill usage: range is not multiplied with attackToMoveRangeRatio again anymore, because it already is before
    • ProjectileSkillEffect: initial position correction moved into CorrectInitialPosition function
    • UI: all ingame windows are now properly closed after disconnecting
    • NetworkNavMeshAgentRubberbanding simplified. Sends position every 100ms instead of path & velocity magic
    • NetworkNavMeshAgent: reuse HasPath detection
    • NetworkNavMeshAgent OnDeserialize now resets path when reading velocity to properly handle ResetPaths. Fixes a bug where monsters would slide on the client if they were killed while moving
    • Fix warrior not attacking monster when double clicking after reaching it. MOVING.SkillRequest doesn't interrupt movement or clear skill anymore. Instead it tries to cast when possible, but lets movement finish either way to not interfere with rubberbanding.
    • Fix client not being able to target other monsters after killing one because nextTarget was set after killing the monster again because OnSkillCasted was received BEFORE OnSerialize updated target.health:=0, which caused client to try cast another follow up attack, which caused UpdateIDLE to detect EventSkillRequest, which set nextTarget but forgot to clear it again if check didn't succeed (because monster was dead).
    • Player.cancelActionKey instead of checking for KeyCode.Escape everywhere
    • Escape key now cancels movement locally instead of on the server. Avoids a forced reset to the server's slightly behind position on local player.
    • UIPartyHud: use Entity.VisRange()
    • NetworkManagerMMO headless detection removed and feature enabled in Mirror's new NetworkManager instead
    • Cleared all name/guild/stun/quest overlays by default, so that they aren't shown for one frame when spawning and when moving into proximity

fujindevil likes this.
  27. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.38 pending review:
    • CanAttack: use 'is' instead of GetType() to work with inherited types too
    • NetworkProximityGridChecker: 30x performance increase when checking 1000 monsters and almost half GC
    • Less logging on server, to focus on the important messages instead
    • Entity.OnTriggerEnter/Exit made virtual so it can be overwritten by Player without 'new' keyword
    • Player.OnTriggerEnter checks if server before calling QuestsOnLocation to fix the warning messages that QuestsOnLocation was called on client
    • Added BuffsPanel under Buffs to properly hide them after disconnecting
    • Fix guild members not seeing their guild info after logging in again
    • Fix AreaBuffSkill / AreaHealSkill being applied multiple times if the candidate had multiple colliders
    • GetNearestStartPosition moved from Extensions to NetworkManager
    • Added respawn & spawn for archer too
    • NPC Revive now hides the main panel instead of a sub panel when walking away
    • Remove unused Extensions.FindRecursively
    • NetworkNavMeshAgentRubberbanding: TargetResetMovement not public anymore because it shouldn't be used from the outside
    • Player.rubberbanding field added and assigned
    • Rubberbanding: agent.ResetMovement replaced with rubberbanding.ResetMovement for 100% accurate detection. Removed .Reset detection from NetworkNavMeshAgentRubberbanding.Update to fix false positive detection.
    • Chat renamed to PlayerChat because it's a player component
    2019-02-21 - dungeon.png

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  28. Antheus-MG

Antheus-MG

Hello !
    A weird things happen.
    With the last version (v1.39), I have that error :
    Code (CSharp):
    1. SqliteException: SQLite error
    2. no such column: summonedHealth
    Can you help me ?

29. mischa2k

mischa2k

Delete your old Database.sqlite file once

30. Antheus-MG

Antheus-MG

Yeah. thanks. Solved it by myself, sorry x).
    Also, do you think about making your asset more adapted to phones ?
    Like with the UI.

31. mischa2k

mischa2k

Try setting the canvas scale to 2x. That should be very useful immediately.

32. Antheus-MG

Antheus-MG

Ok. thanks. Didn't solved my solution, but I was able to solve it playing with the canvas. One more, and last, I hope. I have a problem with the lvl-uping. Even if I set for the character the max lvl to 99, the exp seem to stop going up around the lvl 11, and I can't undestand why. Thanks for your help ^^

33. mischa2k

mischa2k

Where did you set the max level?

34. Antheus-MG

Antheus-MG

In the player prefabs, for each classes.

35. mischa2k

mischa2k

That looks fine. Are you sure this is set to the correct prefab?
    What exactly happens at level11?
    Note that uMMORPG uses exp balancing to avoid exploits. So at level 11 fighting level 1 monsters you won't get much exp (if any).
    Try level 10 monsters and see what happens.

36. Antheus-MG

Antheus-MG

Well, worked. I was worried because I wasn't getting any exp. Even by killink 20 ennemies but by just changing the lvl of monsters... Worked.
    Thanks and sorry ^^

mischa2k likes this.
  37. Antheus-MG

Antheus-MG

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. Pet.OnDrawGizmos () (at Assets/uMMORPG/Scripts/Pet.cs:161)
    3. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    i've a new bug... it doesn't block anything, but I'm wondering how this error can appear ?

38. mischa2k

mischa2k

Did you try restarting Unity?

39. mischa2k

mischa2k

You get Gizmo errors on build? I think Unity is supposed to strip that stuff out for builds.

40. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.40 pending review
    • Upgraded to Unity 2018.3.6 to avoid 2018.2 memory leak bug
    • Net 4.X syntax for getters
    • Database.ExecuteReader: add comment on why we keep the current solution
    • ProjectSettings detected too late
    • Mirror updated to latest version
    • NetworkManager.OnClientReceivePopup renamed to OnClientError
    • NetworkManager.ClientSendPopup renamed to ServerSendError
    • Remove MessageIds everywhere
    • CharacterDelete message inherits from IntegerMessage to simplify code
    • Use nameof(function) for Invoke/InvokeRepeating
    • Resaved scene for persistent sceneIDs
    • UI singletons: only assign once to fix Network Zone errors where UI elements would refer the destroyed panels instead of the ones in DontDestroyOnLoad
    • NetworkNavMeshAgent2D: add agent.ResetPath detection to fix dead monster sliding to player on clients
    • Monster.UpdateCASTING EventSkillFinished: fix NullReferenceException if target disappeared before checking target.health

41. Antheus-MG

Antheus-MG

How does the kill an ennemy quest work exactly ? Because I've made one, using one of my own monsters, but it doesn't count when I kill a monster... what did I do wrong this time ?

42. Raymond1214

Raymond1214

How do I get the player movement to be tile / grid based.

natangt11 likes this.
  43. mischa2k

mischa2k

Does your monster have exactly the name from the quest? Not "Skeleton (Copy)" etc.?

Always move by (1,0), (0,1) etc.?

44. Raymond1214

Raymond1214

I want my Characters, NCP's and Monsters to always stay centered on the tiles. So if I move my Character to the left my Character move one tile to the left and is centered on that tile.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  45. mischa2k

mischa2k

That's definitely doable

46. Antheus-MG

Antheus-MG

Ok. thanks. I was having one s on the prefab name that wasn't on the monster in the scene.

47. Raymond1214

Raymond1214

Could you please help me out?

48. mischa2k

mischa2k

It's a template, if you want to customize it then you have to do that yourself mate :)
    Realistically I can't help everyone with their custom project for $20.

Antheus-MG likes this.
  49. Antheus-MG

Antheus-MG

I'm not gonna speak about the gizmo bug I have,will solve it alone. But still, I've one bug that I think is due to the template. Since the last update, when a player attack a ennemy, he seem to shake werdly before attacking for all others client. If you need a video of the bug, ask me. I can't do it right now, but I can do it tomorrow.

50. Raymond1214

Raymond1214

Paid $80 a while back not $20 but ok. Thanks anyway I'm sure I can eventually figure it out.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    natangt11 and mischa2k like this.