Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

UML diagrams

Discussion in 'Documentation' started by VamppiV, Aug 6, 2014.

1. VamppiV

VamppiV

I need to do documentation for my game (made in Unity3D of course). I have to do: component diagram and class diagram. I don't know how to do that - anyone can help me? Is any program to do that or (if I have to do it manually) could someone show me any examples?

Class diagram I think I know how to do manually, but I completely haven't idea how to do component diagram.

2. der_r

der_r

It's one thing to use a program, but you should really learn the UML grammar if you really need it (big waste of time in hobby projects, in my opinion). Cheaper or free tools won't do grammar checks for you.

Back at university I liked using Violet ( http://alexdp.free.fr/violetumleditor/page.php ) - but I don't know the state of this program now. I used it because I could also integrate it with Eclipse.

3. VamppiV

VamppiV

Ok, I know it's big waste of time, but I need it to my work. I was doing diagrams at my study, but it always was my "Achilles heel". Class diagram I can do, but I completely haven't idea how to do component diagram based on project in Unity3d. So, maybe, someone have any examples?