So I did try most of the possible areas you suggested, with a build for each change. I created a smaller test scene for faster testing where I could still observe the texture anomalies. I updated unity to 2019.1.7f1, tested smaller atlas resolutions and larger initial scale factor, with fit atlas and convert mipmaps boxes checked. I also built with convert render textures and also texture streaming. These did not change the anomalies, where there are still weird colorations on various parts (but always the same parts) of the textures. For player character it is always the face and certain parts of the clothes, but for another npc character with same UMA type (simple, DCS, or high poly) the face is not distorted. Then I built with profiler support. Below are the four uma related processes running, and the uma related console warnings: I could not find the location for experimental graphics API in player settings, but I am pretty sure I did not change any of those settings. Next I will try to build UMA on a clean project, and see if the build works fine there. I am not sure where else to look at.