Search Unity

UMA - Unity Multipurpose Avatar on the Asset Store!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by FernandoRibeiro, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello together,

I have a question that is a bit Special :)

I have my UI Screen Space Overlay and would like to keep it that way or else I have a lot of new work...

I have a "talking" Panel with text and Buttons on it.
    Now I want two UMA heads, one on the left side of the Panel, one on the right.

I tried to attach them in front of the camera, I can always see them but because their origin is not 0,0,0 I guess I have Problems keeping them in the exact Position according to camera and Panel and get them looking at the camera.
    If I change the angle, they move in view because of the Rotation and their origin:

Code (CSharp):
    1.         PlayerHead = Instantiate(prefabTalkingHead, Camera.main.transform.position + Camera.main.transform.forward * 0.8f - Camera.main.transform.up * 1.4f + Camera.main.transform.right *0.25f, Quaternion.identity, Camera.main.transform);
    2.         TalkerHead = Instantiate(prefabTalkingHead, Camera.main.transform.position + Camera.main.transform.forward * 0.8f - Camera.main.transform.up * 1.4f - Camera.main.transform.right *0.25f, Quaternion.identity, Camera.main.transform);
    3.         PlayerHead.name = "Playerhead";
    4.         TalkerHead.name = "TalkerHead";
    5. //        TalkerHead.transform.position = Camera.main.transform.position;
    6. //        TalkerHead.transform.parent = Camera.main.transform;
    7. //        TalkerHead.transform.localPosition = Camera.main.transform.forward * 0.8f - Camera.main.transform.up * 1.4f + Camera.main.transform.right *0.5f; // ganz rechts unten
    8.         //TalkerHead.transform.localRotation = new Quaternion(0, 120,0,0);
    10. //        PlayerHead.transform.position = Camera.main.transform.position;
    11. //        PlayerHead.transform.parent = Camera.main.transform;
    12. //        PlayerHead.transform.localPosition = Camera.main.transform.forward - Camera.main.transform.up * 1.4f - Camera.main.transform.right *0.5f; // ganz rechts unten
    13.         //PlayerHead.transform.localRotation = new Quaternion(0, 120,0,0);
    The Background is I bought salsa with random eyes and want to make them "speak" and move their lips when Player is talking to somebody.

The heads are build from UMA Slots, only without Body Slots...

Thanks!

2. SecretAnorak

SecretAnorak

Hi Everyone. I'm pleased to announce the launch of my Patreon campaign to revamp and expand my UMA Tutorials. If you'd like to lend your support or just follow along, you will find the campaign page here

https://www.patreon.com/secretanorak

Thanks to everyone for their support in the past. Hopefully I can inspire a whole new wave of UMA users and content in the coming months.

3. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Got it working using a 2nd camera in the Scene. Now I have "Talking Heads" :)
    Uma is great!

kenamis and hopeful like this.
  4. gattington

gattington

Hello UMA 2 Community.

I will preface this by saying I'm brand new to the community and the product, but so far have been nothing but impressed with both.

How must I treat a raytraced bullet in order to acheive the contact point collision demonstrated in the physics example?

Is there a secondary damage handler for detailed hitbox damage?

I can get the bullets to land in the right place (and impart force), or I can get the damage to add up, but not both.

When I use the sphere collider that surrounds the entire character, the damage script, which is loaded onto the character Object, registers the damage and will properly set the ragdoll to true when the limit is reached.

When I do away with the simple capsule collider both in checkbox and in UMA additional recipes, the bullets will land in the correct location right on the character model skin, but the mesh is not communicating with the damage script. I have a video illustrating this. Changing rigidbody status and setting kinematic has no effect.

http://gattington.com/media/uma2question.mp4

Been struggling with this for a week and I have tried most of the different options, to different degrees of success. I felt perhaps one of the more experienced members would see what I'm doing wrong and help steer me back on the right track.

Environment:
    Oculus Rift Integration
    UMA 2
    Virtual Reality Toolkit
    VRWeapons

5. virror

virror

What you can do is with your bullet check if what you hit is on the special layer thats used by the uma physics system, and then use SendMessage or something like that to send a message to the health script on the uma telling it how much damage it has taken.

hopeful likes this.
  6. kenamis

kenamis

Like Virror mentioned above, it looks like you're doing your raycast on all layers which is why you're hitting the capsule collider on the "player" layer and then later the ragdoll colliders on the "ragdoll" layer. Try adding the layer mask to your ray cast. The "UMAShooter.cs" script in that example scene has an example.

When you removed the capsule recipe and unchecked the simple player collider and were hitting the ragdoll colliders you should have been able to set it to ragdolled on 0 health also though, so i'm not sure what happened there without more details.

If you send Virror or I your email we can invite you to the uma slack channel so you can easily ask us questions and help solve any issues you run in to. That way you don't get stuck on a problem for a week :)

hopeful likes this.
  7. gattington

gattington

Awesome, thank you guys for the replies, yes I see waht you mean and I'm playing with the raycast ignoring invisible colliders and that is already working much better. I see where I need to inject my damage handler within the build process to give the meshes the properties I am going for. You guys got me looking in the right areas, hope to see you in slack. :)

8. MateAndor

MateAndor

hello!

I have a little problem.
    I need to load the character from prefab. I try to create a dynamic character avatar (uma_male).
    I put the DCS prefab inside uma_male gameobject and assign the context from this.
    After this save the prefab and duplicate. Thats works well. But when i try to duplicate again and run i got errors.

How i can create many avatar from prefab. (after i put the prefab on the scene i need to set the clotches and dna)

thanks

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  9. Jaimi

Jaimi

The UMADCS prefab needs to be separate from your character prefab.
    To create a character prefab, there's an article on the wiki here

http://umawiki.secretanorak.com/Creating_a_customizable_prefab

10. MateAndor

MateAndor

Thanks for the fast help!
    I try step by step but when i place the prefab on the screen i got many exceptions like:
    "Exception in UMAGeneratorBuiltin.OnDirtyUpdate: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary."

11. Jaimi

Jaimi

It sounds like something wasn't found - (either the race, slot, or overlay). Are they in the Global Library?

12. MateAndor

MateAndor

I use the "UMA DCS Demo - Simple Setup"
    Just started and follow the steps. How can i check?

13. Jaimi

Jaimi

Open the UMA Global Library from the UMA menu, and there should be a button to rebuild the library. It will scan your project and add everything it finds. If that doesn't fix it, post back with the full error information from the console (click on the error line, and the information in the bottom panel would be helpful)

14. MateAndor

MateAndor

i try this but its not fixed :(

i use the latest UMA

this is the first exception:

Exception in UMAGeneratorBuiltin.OnDirtyUpdate: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Int32,UMA.UMASkeleton+BoneData].get_Item (Int32 key) [0x00013] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:831
    at UMA.UMASkeleton.EnsureBoneHierarchy () [0x00045] in C:\Users\Máté Andor\Documents\playFab_test2\Assets\UMA\Core\StandardAssets\UMA\Scripts\UMASkeleton.cs:652
    at UMA.UMAMeshData.CreateTransforms (UMA.UMASkeleton skeleton) [0x00029] in C:\Users\Máté Andor\Documents\playFab_test2\Assets\UMA\Core\StandardAssets\UMA\Scripts\UMAMeshData.cs:761
    at UMA.UMAMeshData.ApplyDataToUnityMesh (UnityEngine.SkinnedMeshRenderer renderer, UMA.UMASkeleton skeleton) [0x00003] in C:\Users\Máté Andor\Documents\playFab_test2\Assets\UMA\Core\StandardAssets\UMA\Scripts\UMAMeshData.cs:614
    at UMA.UMADefaultMeshCombiner.UpdateUMAMesh (Boolean updatedAtlas, UMA.UMAData umaData, Int32 atlasResolution) [0x00112] in C:\Users\Máté Andor\Documents\playFab_test2\Assets\UMA\Core\StandardAssets\UMA\Scripts\UMADefaultMeshCombiner.cs:160
    at UMA.UMAGeneratorBuiltin.UpdateUMAMesh (Boolean updatedAtlas) [0x00026] in C:\Users\Máté Andor\Documents\playFab_test2\Assets\UMA\Core\StandardAssets\UMA\Scripts\UMAGeneratorBuiltin.cs:282
    at UMA.UMAGeneratorBuiltin.HandleDirtyUpdate (UMA.UMAData data) [0x0016b] in C:\Users\Máté Andor\Documents\playFab_test2\Assets\UMA\Core\StandardAssets\UMA\Scripts\UMAGeneratorBuiltin.cs:226
    at UMA.UMAGeneratorBuiltin.OnDirtyUpdate () [0x0005c] in C:\Users\Máté Andor\Documents\playFab_test2\Assets\UMA\Core\StandardAssets\UMA\Scripts\UMAGeneratorBuiltin.cs:265
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
    UMA.UMAGeneratorBuiltin:OnDirtyUpdate() (at Assets/UMA/Core/StandardAssets/UMA/Scripts/UMAGeneratorBuiltin.cs:274)
    UMA.UMAGeneratorBuiltin:Work() (at Assets/UMA/Core/StandardAssets/UMA/Scripts/UMAGeneratorBuiltin.cs:132)
    UMA.UMAGeneratorBuiltin:Update() (at Assets/UMA/Core/StandardAssets/UMA/Scripts/UMAGeneratorBuiltin.cs:97)

Unable to claim UMAMeshData global buffers!
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
    UMA.UMAMeshData:ClaimSharedBuffers() (at Assets/UMA/Core/StandardAssets/UMA/Scripts/UMAMeshData.cs:385)
    UMA.UMADefaultMeshCombiner:UpdateUMAMesh(Boolean, UMAData, Int32) (at Assets/UMA/Core/StandardAssets/UMA/Scripts/UMADefaultMeshCombiner.cs:134)
    UMA.UMAGeneratorBuiltin:UpdateUMAMesh(Boolean) (at Assets/UMA/Core/StandardAssets/UMA/Scripts/UMAGeneratorBuiltin.cs:282)
    UMA.UMAGeneratorBuiltin:HandleDirtyUpdate(UMAData) (at Assets/UMA/Core/StandardAssets/UMA/Scripts/UMAGeneratorBuiltin.cs:226)
    UMA.UMAGeneratorBuiltin:OnDirtyUpdate() (at Assets/UMA/Core/StandardAssets/UMA/Scripts/UMAGeneratorBuiltin.cs:259)
    UMA.UMAGeneratorBuiltin:Work() (at Assets/UMA/Core/StandardAssets/UMA/Scripts/UMAGeneratorBuiltin.cs:132)
    UMA.UMAGeneratorBuiltin:Update() (at Assets/UMA/Core/StandardAssets/UMA/Scripts/UMAGeneratorBuiltin.cs:97)

And 999+ like this

15. MateAndor

MateAndor

Okay, im find it! Im not stopped when i create the prefab! On the link you send, the stop is after the create prefab!
    thats the problem :)

Jaimi likes this.
  16. boysenberry

boysenberry

This is super useful to me, since I just had to upgrade, thank you!

17. MateAndor

MateAndor

Hello!

I have anothe problem. I create the prefab, load the character change the DNA and save this character recipe to a string. Thats forks fine.
    After i try to load the recipe:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. UMATextRecipe asset = ScriptableObject.CreateInstance<UMATextRecipe>();
    2.         asset.recipeString = recipe;
    3.         PlayerObj.GetComponent<UMAAvatarBase>().Load(asset);
    then i got his message:

"With a DynamicCharacterAvatar you do not call Load directly. If you want to load an UMATextRecipe directly call ImportSettings(yourUMATextRecipe)"

how i can load the recipe to the character?

18. Jaimi

Jaimi

With a DCS avatar, you need to save/load using it's own methods. To get the string to save, call GetCurrentRecipe() from the DynamicCharacterAvatar. This will give you a DCS recipe that includes all the extra DCS stuff (race, wardrobe, colors).

To load that, call "LoadFromRecipeString()" on the DynamicCharacterAvatar.

( btw - There's a FAQ included in the UMA/Getting Started folder that contains this and more info)

Jaimi

19. tredpro

tredpro

sorry if this has been spoken of and i just over looked it but i keep getting an error and i have taken my whole scene apart to try and find out why its showing up and it's within uma

SkinnedMeshRenderer: Trying to set a mesh ("") that is unfit for use with SkinnedMeshRenderer. Most likely it doesn't have Skin information and/or is only assigned to the renderer during runtime, in which case Unity isn't aware of its use with SkinnedMeshRenderer. Mark the mesh as Readable or assign it to the renderer in the Editor before building.
    UnityEngine.SkinnedMeshRenderer:set_sharedMesh(Mesh)
    UMA.UMADefaultMeshCombiner:MakeRenderer(Int32, Transform) (at Assets/UMA/Core/StandardAssets/UMA/Scripts/UMADefaultMeshCombiner.cs:105)
    UMA.UMADefaultMeshCombiner:EnsureUMADataSetup(UMAData) (at Assets/UMA/Core/StandardAssets/UMA/Scripts/UMADefaultMeshCombiner.cs:69)
    UMA.UMADefaultMeshCombiner:UpdateUMAMesh(Boolean, UMAData, Int32) (at Assets/UMA/Core/StandardAssets/UMA/Scripts/UMADefaultMeshCombiner.cs:126)
    UMA.UMAGeneratorBuiltin:UpdateUMAMesh(Boolean) (at Assets/UMA/Core/StandardAssets/UMA/Scripts/UMAGeneratorBuiltin.cs:282)
    UMA.UMAGeneratorBuiltin:HandleDirtyUpdate(UMAData) (at Assets/UMA/Core/StandardAssets/UMA/Scripts/UMAGeneratorBuiltin.cs:226)
    UMA.UMAGeneratorBuiltin:OnDirtyUpdate() (at Assets/UMA/Core/StandardAssets/UMA/Scripts/UMAGeneratorBuiltin.cs:259)

20. ecurtz

ecurtz

This is the known bug in Unity 2017.2, you'll either need to switch versions or wait for the new patch that supposedly fixes it.

21. Jaimi

Jaimi

This is a BUG in Unity 2017.2. It's fixed in 2017.2.p1: https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/patch-releases

Teila and hopeful like this.
  22. tredpro

tredpro

i just updated yesterday lol. i guess i should have waited one other day. thanks for the response though.

23. Awesumo

Awesumo

Does the network example in the UMA 2.6 release work for anyone? I cannot get it to connect nor do I see anything in the project that would show me how to spawn a custom UMA using UNET. Has the long-asked "how do I use UMA with UNET" question been answered? If so, I will volunteer to fully document the solution and build an example scene that works. :)

hopeful likes this.
  24. Jaimi

Jaimi

It worked last time I checked it. Its the old demo, though -doesn't use any of the new stuff. Kenan was working on a new networking demo that looked really sweet, but I'm not sure what the status is.

25. virror

virror

The example worked last time i looked at it. Basically you just save the UMA to a string and send that over the network and then load the UMA again on the other side. The scripts are really short so if you look at them you might get an idea on how to do it.

26. Awesumo

Awesumo

Okay, thanks for the response. I guess I am doing something wrong. I am embarrassed to ask, but how is this app supposed to be used? I fire up two instances, click a character in one instance which looks like it starts a host and is listening for clients so I click client in the other instance, but it never connects - just times out. If I click a character in the second instance it freezes. I run UNET apps all the time so I don't think it's a firewall issue or anything like that.

27. Teila

Teila

I know that one of my team members made a video to show someone but I am not sure he is done with it. With Unite and then another trip soon after, things are a bit behind. I will ask him tonight, if I remember. Feel free to PM me if I forget. lol I am not 100% sure he used the latest Github release though, but since most people have the store version it might be better if he used that.

Unet does work well with UMA.

28. GeneralList

GeneralList

Right. I had no problems building my own scene and spawning a DCS character via Unet. I was hoping to find an example of syncing recipes over the wire so I can have a traditional character customization feature locally, then drop that customized character into the game where the customizations show up on all clients. I am sure I can figure out how to do this through trial and error, was just hoping to find a working example to learn from. :)

29. GeneralList

GeneralList

I am now wondering if my import of the network example is just munged. I think I will re-import. Any opinions on should I use the git version or the store version?

30. virror

virror

I would recommend to just look at the 2 tiny scripts that are used in the example scene, they should be easy enough to understand even without running the scene itself.

31. GeneralList

GeneralList

Got it. The script is called PlayerSetup.cs and it implements a NetworkBehavior that looks very simple: pass saved recipe via RPC which does the character setup and then hooks up a character controller. It bundles up the recipe in another NetworkBehavior class called MenuScript in the Uma.Examples namespace:

Code (CSharp):
    1.  private void SaveAndStart(GameObject selectedChar)
    2.         {
    3.             //Save the selected UMA into a static string so we can access it from the Game Scene
    4.             UMAAvatarBase avatar = selectedChar.GetComponent<UMAAvatarBase>();
    5.             UMATextRecipe asset = ScriptableObject.CreateInstance<UMATextRecipe>();
    6.             asset.Save(avatar.umaData.umaRecipe, avatar.context);
    7.             umaString = asset.recipeString;
    9.             //Start network host
    10.             manager.StartHost();
    11.         }
    Can it really be that easy? Wonder if this will work the same way with DCS? My lack of experience with UMA had me thinking serialization would be much more complex.

syscrusher likes this.
  32. GeneralList

GeneralList

Also, this issue where UMA doesn't generate characters out of the box on 2017.2.f3 and bugs out on webplayer deprecation... Can the community fix these issues directly or is there a process for reporting bugs for someone else to fix?

33. virror

virror

34. Jaimi

Jaimi

That's definitely doing it the old way - which is fine if it's not a DCA. if it is a DCA, it's simpler to just get the string from the avatar with GetRecipeString(), as well that will include the shared colors and wardrobe.

syscrusher likes this.
  35. kenamis

kenamis

If you're experienced with UNET, there's a WIP example network branch on github I've been working on as an alternative.
    Instead of passing the entire text recipe over the network, I only send the information for what has changed. Currently, that still send a string of the new wardrobe recipe name but I hope to refine that in the future to use an int id.
    There's still a bug with the initial color state that I haven't figured out, and this is all meant to be an example, not used straight "out of the box".

https://github.com/umasteeringgroup/UMA/tree/feature-DcaNetworkExample

36. GeneralList

GeneralList

Very cool UNET example. Thanks for the great info everyone.

37. PiterQ70

PiterQ70

Hi there!

I start play with UMA and I try make clothes, but I not sure how this work. I use blender, and Marvelous Designe, but its one problem Marvelouse have in content pack hi poly blender low poly anyway its not in 100% size matched:

Model from Marvelouse Designer:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/19k1uXXibWm6kLC-lDdVHG8tM4FPoUe8X/view?usp=sharing

and from blender:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AgBOHpG-0e4dC-yFKIPIgLn_gw_yFVZI/view?usp=sharing

But this is not important I can edit this. But most important is how can I copy weight from body ? I try transfer weight from body bot it doesnt work :/
    Any sugestion ?

@SecretAnorak maybe you can tell me how can I do this ?

38. Jaimi

Jaimi

Couple of things - in github, there are some Marvelous Designer avatar files to help you get started:

https://github.com/umasteeringgroup/content-pack

In Blender, there are two ways to transfer weights - the old way (from the side bar), and the new way (from a modifier).
    Only the new way works for me.

1. Fit the clothing mesh to the UMA mesh (using whatever method works for you).
    2. Add a "data transfer" modifier to the clothing mesh.
    3. for the "Source object", select the UMA mesh.
    4. Select the "vertex data" check box.
    5. select one of the methods for finding the weight - I use "Nearest face interpolated".
    6. under that select "Vertex Groups.
    7. Everything else should stay the default. Press "Apply" on the modifer.

Done!

PiterQ70, syscrusher and boysenberry like this.
  39. PiterQ70

PiterQ70

Thanks @Jaimi I'll try this :)
    Yes I use content for marvelous but is high poly and don't match to uma lowpoly in blender. Anyway I edit clothes mesh for low poly.
    When I try your method I write :)
    Cheers

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  40. PiterQ70

PiterQ70

41. Jaimi

Jaimi

Good News!

42. MateAndor

MateAndor

Hello again!

I create a Multiplayer game with UMA characters. The characters can change at runtime like clothes, DNA, etc.
    When the player set the clothes I create a recipe string and send to the others.
    If I create a character with no shoes and I add a shoe and send the new recipe to other players and load the string then everything is okay.
    But when I remove the slot, create the recipe string and load in the other players, the avatar not changed (the shoe is on the avatar).
    I checked the recipe and is okay, the shoe slot removed.
    And when I change to other shoe, the load works and change the shoe on the avatar but I cant remove.
    I use DynamicCharacterAvatar ClearSlot (Feet) to remove shoe.

So my question is: can i remove the shoe with recipe string?

This is the recipe with shoe:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. {"packedRecipeType":"DynamicCharacterAvatar","name":"NewPlayer(Clone)","race":"HumanMale","dna":[{"dnaType":"UMADnaHumanoid","dnaTypeHash":-212795365,"packedDna":"{\"height\":128,\"headSize\":128,\"headWidth\":93,\"neckThickness\":108,\"armLength\":135,\"forearmLength\":128,\"armWidth\":116,\"forearmWidth\":128,\"handsSize\":118,\"feetSize\":109,\"legSeparation\":128,\"upperMuscle\":129,\"lowerMuscle\":152,\"upperWeight\":128,\"lowerWeight\":81,\"legsSize\":134,\"belly\":66,\"waist\":108,\"gluteusSize\":38,\"earsSize\":121,\"earsPosition\":145,\"earsRotation\":72,\"noseSize\":115,\"noseCurve\":128,\"noseWidth\":124,\"noseInclination\":128,\"nosePosition\":128,\"nosePronounced\":128,\"noseFlatten\":118,\"chinSize\":128,\"chinPronounced\":128,\"chinPosition\":128,\"mandibleSize\":128,\"jawsSize\":128,\"jawsPosition\":128,\"cheekSize\":128,\"cheekPosition\":128,\"lowCheekPronounced\":128,\"lowCheekPosition\":195,\"foreheadSize\":128,\"foreheadPosition\":128,\"lipsSize\":128,\"mouthSize\":128,\"eyeRotation\":128,\"eyeSize\":69,\"breastSize\":128}"},{"dnaType":"UMADnaTutorial","dnaTypeHash":-1679007774,"packedDna":"{\"eyeSpacing\":128}"}],"characterColors":[{"name":"Skin","colors":[234,211,113,255,0,0,0,0,255,255,255,255,0,0,0,0,255,255,255,255,0,0,0,0]},{"name":"Hair","colors":[90,55,36,255,0,0,0,0,255,255,255,255,0,0,0,0,255,255,255,255,0,0,0,0]},{"name":"Eyes","colors":[73,104,255,255,0,0,0,0,255,255,255,255,0,0,0,0,255,255,255,255,0,0,0,0]},{"name":"Undies","colors":[255,255,255,255,0,0,0,0,255,255,255,255,0,0,0,0,255,255,255,255,0,0,0,0]},{"name":"Shoes","colors":[255,255,255,255,0,0,0,0,255,255,255,255,0,0,0,0,255,255,255,255,0,0,0,0]}],"wardrobeSet":[{"slot":"Underwear","recipe":"MaleUnderwear"},{"slot":"Feet","recipe":"TallShoes_Recipe"}],"raceAnimatorController":"AnimController"}
    And this is without shoe:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. {"packedRecipeType":"DynamicCharacterAvatar","name":"NewPlayer(Clone)","race":"HumanMale","dna":[{"dnaType":"UMADnaHumanoid","dnaTypeHash":-212795365,"packedDna":"{\"height\":128,\"headSize\":128,\"headWidth\":93,\"neckThickness\":108,\"armLength\":135,\"forearmLength\":128,\"armWidth\":116,\"forearmWidth\":128,\"handsSize\":118,\"feetSize\":109,\"legSeparation\":128,\"upperMuscle\":129,\"lowerMuscle\":152,\"upperWeight\":128,\"lowerWeight\":81,\"legsSize\":134,\"belly\":66,\"waist\":108,\"gluteusSize\":38,\"earsSize\":121,\"earsPosition\":145,\"earsRotation\":72,\"noseSize\":115,\"noseCurve\":128,\"noseWidth\":124,\"noseInclination\":128,\"nosePosition\":128,\"nosePronounced\":128,\"noseFlatten\":118,\"chinSize\":128,\"chinPronounced\":128,\"chinPosition\":128,\"mandibleSize\":128,\"jawsSize\":128,\"jawsPosition\":128,\"cheekSize\":128,\"cheekPosition\":128,\"lowCheekPronounced\":128,\"lowCheekPosition\":195,\"foreheadSize\":128,\"foreheadPosition\":128,\"lipsSize\":128,\"mouthSize\":128,\"eyeRotation\":128,\"eyeSize\":69,\"breastSize\":128}"},{"dnaType":"UMADnaTutorial","dnaTypeHash":-1679007774,"packedDna":"{\"eyeSpacing\":128}"}],"characterColors":[{"name":"Skin","colors":[234,211,113,255,0,0,0,0,255,255,255,255,0,0,0,0,255,255,255,255,0,0,0,0]},{"name":"Hair","colors":[90,55,36,255,0,0,0,0,255,255,255,255,0,0,0,0,255,255,255,255,0,0,0,0]},{"name":"Eyes","colors":[73,104,255,255,0,0,0,0,255,255,255,255,0,0,0,0,255,255,255,255,0,0,0,0]},{"name":"Undies","colors":[255,255,255,255,0,0,0,0,255,255,255,255,0,0,0,0,255,255,255,255,0,0,0,0]}],"wardrobeSet":[{"slot":"Underwear","recipe":"MaleUnderwear"}],"raceAnimatorController":"AnimController"}

43. Jaimi

Jaimi

Yeah, I think at one point we cleared the slots out, and then later made the decision to *not* clear them out automatically. Anyway, you can call the "ClearSlots()" function on the DCA to make sure all the wardrobe slots are clear before loading the recipe.

hopeful likes this.
  44. Velsthinez

Velsthinez

Is there any documentation on creating an entirely new Race? And how do I join the UMA Slack?

45. Teila

Teila

PM me your email and I will add you. :)

Velsthinez likes this.
  46. SecretAnorak

SecretAnorak

Part 2 is out:

47. Teila

Teila

Great video as usual!! Thanks for doing these. I am going to assign them to my daughters. :)

treshold and SecretAnorak like this.
  48. Velsthinez

Velsthinez

Does UMA uses a Z-Up orientation? I noticed that the provided fbx files, specifically the Female Unified, there's weird 90 degrees rotation on Global and Position? I have exporting my custom race to be Y up and Z up, but for some reason the model keeps "sleeping" on the floor pose. Can anyone provide some example?

Another issue I get is that I can't animate this at all with any Animator Controller. The error that popped up is this
    Exception in UMAGeneratorBuiltin.OnDirtyUpdate: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.

Can anyone provided a clue? Thanks

49. MateAndor

MateAndor

Hello again!

I have a little problem again:
    I use UMA DCS demo and use Simple LOD on character. When i add to Male character a shoe, hoodie, or jeans everything works good.
    But when im add the "sweat pants" and run the Simple LOD, i just see the pants. The character and other clothes just gone. If not use the Simple LOD, the character is okay.
    I check the UMA Renderer Mesh (UMAMesh) and i think i find what is the problem. The mesh is just the pants.
    What is the problem and how i can solve?
    This problem is on women character High Top Shoes too

Thanks, Andor

Attached Files:

50. umutozkan

umutozkan