Search Unity

UMA Remote Client Generation as a black shadow figure

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by clarson2974, Aug 24, 2015.

1. clarson2974

clarson2974

I have basic network connection operating along with networked animations for a generated UMA player model, and everything seems to be working great, except for the appearance of the remote clients model. It is just a solid black shadow figure...it looks just like the player model, and is even animated, but it is black. The local host looks fine for both its model and the remote client model, it's only on the remote client side.

It's almost like the remote client can't find the textures or something? I'm not entirely sure where to start tracking this one down. If I'm not using a UMA model, but instead use one that is predefined in the prefab I'm spawning, I don't have this issue.

I'm using the NetworkManager component, and I have the prefab for my FPS Player controller attached. The FPS Player Controller has the script attached to it to generate the UMA, so when the player is spawned, the UMA player model is generated.

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. clarson2974

clarson2974

It is not finding the texture that was generated, but I am unsure why. Has anyone successfully used UMA in a networked solution yet? I can't find any information regarding that.

3. clarson2974

clarson2974

For anyone else that might come across this thread, I went back to the basics, and created an empty project with only UMA imported. I then created a simple network project with no animation or anything else - just a camera and some spawn points. This works. Since that at least confirms it will work, I just need to track down what I did wrong in the main project. If I track down the actual culprit, I'll post it here.

4. clarson2974

clarson2974