Search Unity

UMA Authentic historical knight packs

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by arteria, Nov 29, 2017.

1. arteria

arteria

Packs thus far available on the Asset Store:
    Knight Templar Male+Female: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/113031
    Knight Templar Male: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/113040
    Knight Templar Female: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/113041

The Warrior Male+Female: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/113118
    The Warrior Male: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/113119
    The Warrior Female: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/113120

These can be purchased either via Arteria3d via links shown below after the product information, or via the asset store. More packs will be available soon on the Asset Store.

All the imags shown here have been created from the contents of this kit.

KNIGHT CUSTOMISABLE MODULAR Character for UMA & UNITY Generic Formats

OBM for UMA is a customisable Knight Armour pack featuring just under 80 armour elements, such as Shoulder Armour, Gauntlets, Tabbards, Chest Armour and so fourth.

The key detail of this pack, is that each item works in unison with the next armour item, as each mesh occupies its own Armour Zone, thus, you can swap out a shoulder mesh for another one in the kit, and there will be no mesh popthrough, no matter how many variations you have. This was the key aim of the pack, providing a truly modular pack, where you can design as many UMA characters as you want, in the knowledge that you wont have pokethrough from a new piece that you introduced on your character

The pack also features many variations, providing on some pieces, both leather and plate armour texture versions.

Pack Contains:

• Over 70 Armour Meshes
    • 90+Wardrobe Recipes
    • Also includes variant on BaseHuman Race, which includes new slots for Additional Armour items
    SLOTS Included & Overlays

• Tabbard
    • Hood Chainmail(Separate lower & Top)
    • Shoulder Armour
    • Elbow Armour
    • Gauntlets
    • Tabbard Overclothing(Additional Clothing layer over Tabbard)
    • Thigh Armour
    • Belt
    • Boots
    • Knee Armour

• Helmet

Unity 5 Materials

Set up for Unity 5 PBR material system with UMA 2.5

• Albedo
    • Spec/Metal
    • Normal Map
    • AO

Pack Cost: $90(Introduction price), raising to $99 after 3 days.
    Any customer who purchases this pack today will quality to purchase the female version when released in a few weeks for half price.

Purchase from Arteria3d Direct:
    https://arteria3d.myshopify.com/pro...dular-character-for-uma-unity-generic-formats

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    hopeful, Teila, Firlefanz73 and 5 others like this.
  2. arteria

arteria

Existing Arteria members Note - Pack will be on the download area in 3hours time. Its uploading now.

Ramsdal, TeagansDad and Teila like this.
  3. Jaimi

Jaimi

Excellent work, Steve!

arteria likes this.
  4. TonyLi

TonyLi

This armour pack looks fantastic. It's very well done from a technical perspective, too, since the pieces are interchangeable.

Pixel Crushers will also have some interesting news involving these packs in the near future.

Keep up the great work, Steve!

arteria and Teila like this.
  5. Teila

Teila

Yay! I really like this!! Good job, cannot wait to try it. :)

Jaimi and arteria like this.
  6. treshold

treshold

These look very fabulous and are well detailed stuff. It's good to have this kind of low fantasy setting too. Keep up the good work Steve! It's great to see UMA getting a lot of new content :)

arteria likes this.
  7. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Wondeful designs.

arteria likes this.
  8. syscrusher

syscrusher

(Disclaimer -- My comments are from the pictures; I haven't [yet] bought the asset.)

This armor is of excellent, and I say this as a person who has made real armor as a hobby. You've obviously done your research. There are some (perfectly reasonable) small adjustments from it being meant for a game, but IMO it's damned good.

Terminology varied between cultures and time periods, but in case you're interested the shoulder armor could be called "pauldrons", the knee and elbow armor "knee cops" and "elbow cops", respectively, the leg armor "greaves", and forearm armor "vanbraces". A chainmail shirt is a "hauberk", the chainmail over the head is a "coif" or "camail" depending on its specific design and what's worn with it. I've normally seen "tabard" spelled with one "b", but you may have a perfectly valid alternative spelling (which happened a lot before printed books were widely available).

I'm really impressed. Very, very nice work.

EDIT: I just looked again, and am even more impressed when looking close. You nailed it.

Teila, arteria and treshold like this.
  9. arteria

arteria

Thank you so much, I really appreciate all the support here, and whilst I knew of some of the terms for historical armour, your post was a fantastic insights into most of the other names I didn't know, for some of the armour pieces.
    Historical and attempting to get historical accurate is something I have always strived to do, so the fact that you have noticed this on the pack, means a great deal.

syscrusher likes this.
  10. Bantichai

Bantichai

I've hired Steve for some exclusive/custom armors and he gave me a great offer not to mention he is always prompt and willing to fix issues. He convinced me to purchase a lifetime subscription and I more or less just got all my money back with this new set. There is honestly..nothing like this even on the Unity store.

I know this might sound like shameless advertisement, but Steve is honestly my go to modeler!

11. syscrusher

syscrusher

Doesn't sound like a shameless ad to me -- sounds like an endorsement from a happy customer. :)

12. syscrusher

syscrusher

I thought you might have known the historical terms (which, again, did vary from place and time and sometimes very specific details about the armor construction), but perhaps you had chosen to use modern terms because your customers might not know the historical words. :)

FWIW, some of these pieces are going to find their way into a project I'm working on. I'm at too early of a stage right now to be ready to use armor and clothing, but I've bookmarked your site and will be back when it's time to acquire armor. I may have some custom work for you also on an unrelated project -- I'll PM you about that.

13. Teila

Teila

I have a request. Please make the female armor similar to the above rather than the WoW armor method. :) If you can do that, I will be happy to make a donation. lol

mons00n, TeagansDad and syscrusher like this.
  14. arteria

arteria

It will be an exact copy Teila, just to to the female form

mtornio, gman, TeagansDad and 3 others like this.
  15. syscrusher

syscrusher

+1. Only an idiot or a conscripted peasant goes onto a battlefield with vital areas unprotected.

arteria and Teila like this.
  16. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Thats great news about the female armour design.

TeagansDad, Teila and syscrusher like this.
  17. Teila

Teila

Fabulous!! Thank you. :) I hope you consider updating all your UMA stuff. The 2.5 clothing is very nice as well as the armor.

arteria and TeagansDad like this.
  18. Bantichai

Bantichai

Steve is very prompt with his custom work and very open to fixes if they are needed, he always does his best to get each set to perfection!

19. Bantichai

Bantichai

I also want to say that as a modeler, Steve has come a long way since his earlier 2.5 sets such as the Paladin sets. The sets in the OBM pack and my own exclusive sets are much nicer, that's not to say his Steve's Paladin set is bad in anyway but the improvement is quite obvious in terms of modular pieces, design and general UMA performance related things :)

After hiring Steve for some custom work, he used some of the funds towards upgrading his PC and improving his general workflow and it is all showing through now, he's always honing and sharpening his skills.

TeagansDad and syscrusher like this.
  20. gman

gman

This looks beautiful Steve and am excited to see the female pack when it comes out!

arteria likes this.
  21. hopeful

hopeful

I agree with everyone else, this looks great. :)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    arteria likes this.
  22. arteria

arteria

OBF(Female version) will be released next week!

Teila, Jaimi, TonyLi and 1 other person like this.
  23. arteria

arteria

Jaimi, runningbird and hopeful like this.
  24. arteria

arteria

Just created this new look for the Roman Soldier - featuringArmour elements from the Gladiator Costume in the OBM UMA kit.

Jaimi and runningbird like this.
  25. Bantichai

Bantichai

Steve, stop spoiling us!

arteria likes this.
  26. runningbird

runningbird

Steve the new stuff is amazing!!! Thank you for creating these new armor sets.

arteria likes this.
  27. arteria

arteria

Thank you! Your words mean so much

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  28. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Wow this stuff is looking amazing! Makes me wish I was making a Roman game.

You really are becoming an expert on making armour

arteria likes this.
  29. arteria

arteria

Thank you, I do put a lot of research in and create them as authentic as possible

hopeful likes this.
  30. mtornio

mtornio

This looks amazing! And having the matching female versions sounds great too.

arteria likes this.
  31. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Excellent roman armour, steve. Would love some variants here like a centurion torso and helmet and such in the future. Excellent work, overall. Most soldier variants could be made with other armour pieces, I think.

arteria likes this.
  32. arteria

arteria

Thank you, and yes, I can create a Centurion Helmet - ill add that this week.

33. mzr

mzr

So much awesome stuff. Looks amazing. I highly recommend it.

arteria likes this.
  34. arteria

arteria

Thats very kind

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  35. treshold

treshold

Is there any screenshots regarding female version of the new kit :)

arteria likes this.
  36. arteria

arteria

O B F (One Base Female) Knight Costume Pack for UMA just released!!!!!

37. arteria

arteria

Now some images, showing both the Male & Female Costumes together!

Today we release the female versrion of OBM(One Base Male) Knight Costume pack for UMA - This version called OBF(One Base Female) Knight Costume pack
    It was important in the production of the female version, that it inherited the exact costume designs from the male, so your avatars in game can look the same, whether Male or Female.
    We haven't exaggerated any features of the armour, for the female form - its a perfect representation of the Male armour for female.

Pack features same amount of items as the male pack - see beginning of this forum thread for details on that.
    All screenshots taken direct from Unity

Pack can be purchased today for $90 for 2 days only, then rising to $100.
    Both packs can be purchased together for $155 as a launch special - email steve@arteria3d.com with the code UMA DUO KnightPack to claim a voucher for that

Main Product Page:
    https://arteria3d.myshopify.com/products/female-knight-customisable-modular-character-for-uma

38. treshold

treshold

Looks very good! Congrats Steve!

arteria likes this.
  39. arteria

arteria

Thank you, will soon be releasing the “Townsman” costume pack, a huge pack of medieval attire for your medieval folk

Jaimi, treshold and Teila like this.
  40. treshold

treshold

That kind of pack will be sure very useful!

41. tequyla

tequyla

Hello,

i tested the character import, human dna, below, the gnome from mr necturus.
    do u think, the armor is fully working with new character ?

uma_250_test.png

arteria likes this.
  42. arteria

arteria

Thanks for your question. . The only problem I really see, is possible clipping of helmet/hood areas - possibly. The rest of the body looks ok to me.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  43. treshold

treshold

You can use mesh hide tool to hide problematic clipping areas. It's bit tinkering but well worth it if you use assets from many sources.

arteria likes this.
  44. Bantichai

Bantichai

Awesome work Steve! I'd just like to mention as I am working with Steve more closely on exclusive armor in my own game, he puts an ungodly amount of hours into his work. He really does need all the support he can get. Since the release of his pack he's been looking for support from Arteria members, if you guys could donate at even $12 I know it would go a long way.

Honestly...$90 for nearly 100 UMA pieces is already a steal. Steve could easily have put the price to $400 and I would of still bought it. Please consider supporting the UMA fund!

45. TonyLi

TonyLi

We're working to get these UMA outfits and more on the Asset Store in conjunction with Arteria. (Pixel Crushers commissioned their development with this goal in mind and will be the Asset Store publisher for them.) Until then, if you want to get your hands on these absolutely stunning outfits now, I recommend getting them on arteria3d.com, especially while you can take advantage of the introductory discount that Steve's offering.

Mark_01, TeagansDad, arteria and 4 others like this.
  46. arteria

arteria

Thank you all
    Kevin, Cheers for mentioning the Uma support fund I’m running
    We have just installed a new app on the Uma support page which will allow members to now offer what they want for this fund at a starting ammount of $2. This really does help future Uma support link is here for members only

https://arteria3d.myshopify.com/products/2017-uma-support-fund-for-uma-2-5

TonyLi likes this.
  47. arteria

arteria

More costumes being released this next week!

48. Bantichai

Bantichai

Keep up the awesome work Steve :)

arteria likes this.
  49. arteria

arteria

Thank you, glad you like the sets!

Mark_01 likes this.
  50. runningbird

runningbird

Again amazing work Steve!!!

arteria likes this.