Search Unity

UMA Helper Pack

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Kirbyrawr, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Just submitted new UMA Helper for the new UMA version, i additionally added a logo and fixed some things. :)

2. adventurefan

adventurefan

Hi, the new version works better for me. I removed a negative review because the GUI is working properly now in the custom slots, which is great.

I do have a new question for you Kirby. If I uncheck torso in body/male it gives an error and won't run.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UMAModels.DefineSlots () (at Assets/UMA/Extensions/UMAHelpPack/Scripts/UMAModels.cs:508)
    UMAModels.GenerateOneUMA () (at Assets/UMA/Extensions/UMAHelpPack/Scripts/UMAModels.cs:899)
    UMAModels.Update () (at Assets/UMA/Extensions/UMAHelpPack/Scripts/UMAModels.cs:337)

Well, I need to be able to hide that part because I'm not using the skin under it and the belly sticks through the model.

edit: Well I found a solution that seems to work if anyone else has this problem

First set the torso slot to "none" then hit play. Still has the error.
    But, after you've run it like that uncheck the checkbox for a torso slot and run it.
    Worked after that.

edit 2: ACTUALLY that wasn't even the solution. The correct problem is you have to turn off shirt and underwear overlay first, then you can turn off torso without a error, so you might want to make the Helper warn people

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  3. BlainetheMono

BlainetheMono

adventurefan, how exactly are you turning the torso overlay off? When I go into the overlays for the body, the torso doesn't have a checkbox for me to toggle it on and off. The checkbox is there for the slot, just not the overlay.

Edit:
    I think I found it, in the "Clothes" mode. I'm getting the following error message when I try turning off the shirt overlay and then the torso model:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UMAModels.DefineSlots () (at Assets/UMA/Extensions/UMAHelpPack/Scripts/UMAModels.cs:477)
    UMAModels.GenerateOneUMA () (at Assets/UMA/Extensions/UMAHelpPack/Scripts/UMAModels.cs:899)
    UMAModels.Update () (at Assets/UMA/Extensions/UMAHelpPack/Scripts/UMAModels.cs:33

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  4. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Hi there, sorry about not being here, it's supposed that this forum sent me email but not, i see the error and i think i know what's causing it, i will fix it in a week maximum :)

Thanks and sorry again ^^!

I will add a bug reporter too so it can be more easy to report bugs :)

5. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Sorry adventureFan i only found your review i didn't know you publish an error here, so i'm apologize about it.
    I'm a little busy with a game i'm doing, because we are near the release, give me maximum one week for fix it :)

6. Mikie

Mikie

Kirby, using 2.6. Trying to add boots to avatar. Where do I get the boots? Thanks.

7. adventurefan

adventurefan

I'll try it again tonight but hopefully Kirby can find the bugs.

8. adventurefan

adventurefan

You know I did get it off once before but I couldn't figure it out again when I tested yesterday. I switched to building my character in plain UMA a bit ago.
    I'll try it again tonight but hopefully Kirby can find the bugs.

9. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Hi the boots were provided by LaneFox, actually i can't find them, but maybe i can a quick model next week hopefully.
    Apologies!

10. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Sorry for all the errors you guys are having, when i tested it all worked for me, and for the other users works, but it's right that there's an error.

Apologies again!, and of course i will find those bugs and squash them, i hate all of them more than you hahaha :)

11. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Hi there i took a quick look, and for me it's not giving any error, can you guys explain exactly when and where the error pop out?

Thanks, Kirby.

12. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Hi there, don't buy this, because in some days it will be free, i will make some changes to it too :)

PD: i'm still giving support to the paid users, and i will make the fix necesaries aswell if something is wrong, and if you need any specific function, maybe we can talk about it.
    Don't hesitate to contact with me.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  13. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Okey i saw one error with the body tab, i need to fix it but i won't have the project till 7 days since i'm on holidays off my home, so when i get back i will fix it.

Thanks Kirby.

14. FargleBargle

FargleBargle

Hi Kirby.

I can confirm the Torso Slot error. Whenever I uncheck the Torso entry under Male>Body>Slots, I get hundreds of Null Reference Exception errors when I try to run it, to the point that Unity locks up solid, and I need to kill the process using Task Manager. I've tried some of the other suggestions, such as unchecking the shirt and underwear overlays, with no luck. I've even gone so far as deleting the torso slot, and the shirt and underwear overlays on the UMA slot and overlay lists, with no better luck. I'm not sure what's so special about the torso, as I can uncheck the feet and legs with no problem, but as I'm now trying to add my own shirt, this has become a major issue for me. I'm using Unity 4.3.4, and the latest posted version of UMA Helper. Here's what it looks like (note how many of each error I had in the console in the short time it took for me to make a screen capture):

$UMA_Helper_Uncheck_Torso_Bug.png

I hope you're still finding time to work on this now that you're no longer selling it, and that a solution to this problem can be found.

PS. On an unrelated note, I found a bug in the UMAModelsEditor.cs script:

2375 GUILayout.BeginHorizontal ();
    2376 EditorGUILayout.LabelField ("Forearm Width", EditorStyles.boldLabel, GUILayout.Width (130));
    2377 ForearmWidth = EditorGUILayout.Slider (ForearmWidth, 0, 1);
    2378 EditorPrefs.SetFloat ("ForearmLength", ForearmLength);
    2379 GUILayout.EndHorizontal ();

On line 2378, I believe the entries should say ForearmWidth instead of ForearmLength.

Thanks. :)

15. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Mmmm Okey thanks i will try to revise it this week :)
    Even if i'm not selling it, i need to give support to my previous customers :)

16. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Okey, it's fixed!
    If you need anything more just tell me, i fixed that two bugs :)

I'm pushing the update right now, i'm thinking too in add a search box to the slots overlays etc... but maybe it can take me time anyways it's a good idea and more organized.

Cheers Kirby!

PD: Thanks a lot for the bug report : )
    PD2: If you need it so bad here is the update: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3gvuyiy4dk5wk19/UMA%20Helper%20Pack%202.7.unitypackage

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  17. FargleBargle

FargleBargle

Wow, that was fast! Awesome work as usual Kirby. I just downloaded the update, and it works perfectly. Thanks for being the best! :)

18. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

No problem Fargle if you need anything more just tell me :)

19. sgtkoolaid

sgtkoolaid

I am confused as how to use the sliders once I put a person in using the crowd.unity file. I have tried to look at the tutorials but doesn't show anything or maybe I didn't see, in which the videos show clearly how to enable the customization of the sliders of a character. this software looks great, but its a bit frustrating to get working. can you help me?

20. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Of course, the thing you need to do is press on the demo scene of the uma helper folder, and then press play, and you can use those sliders, even if you don't press play you can customize the sliders for everytime you generate one UMA, let me know if you need skype or something :)

21. adhdchris

adhdchris

Hey Kirby,
    I've noticed that the UMAs generated with the UMA Helper are all missing the inner mouth.
    Any ideas why that's happening or how to fix it? Other than that, love the asset, keep up the good work!

22. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

It's missing it?, can you provide a screenshot of your slots please? , sorry for the late reply! ^^"

23. adhdchris

adhdchris

No worries, do you need me to screen the SlotLibrary contents or the custom slot part of the UMA Helper?
    The inner mouth is in both SlotsLibrary and OverlayLibrary but it's as if the texture is not being rendered and you can see right through the UMA's head when it opens its mouth.

I tried messing around in the UMAModels.cs and if I changed the slotDataList[4] that the inner mouth was being assigned to to anything other than 4, the inner mouth would then be rendered but use the skin texture instead of its own. I couldn't figure out why though...

Oh yeah, this can be reproduced on a fresh install of UMA / UMA Helper.

24. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Sorry again mate, this is not notifying me, i will see what you say :)

25. Stickworm

Stickworm

Heya

If I install UMA and the Helper pack into a fresh project then try to run the DEMO scene I'm spammed with: UMA recipe slot list contains only null objects!

How am I failing?

26. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Hi sir, it's a bug i need to fix, i will try to fix it at in this week!, it's because in the script it's missing the slot data :S

Apologies for it!

27. Stickworm

Stickworm

Thanks very much

28. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

As a workaround, you can fill those slots with the body parts, i will make something for find those files if they are missing.

29. Hard target

Hard target

I am using 4.3.2 unity and i get the error of nullreferenceexception:eek:bject reference not set to an instace of an object.

30. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Hi sir, actually i'm working on my other asset, but when i finish i will fix it apologies for it, i know i need to give fast support but i can't work more fast , i hope you guys can understand it.

31. Hard target

Hard target

Okay great.I am looking forward to it.

32. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Thanks sir :), it's probably that i can work on the fix tomorrow :)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  33. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

34. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

The update is now live ^^!

hopeful likes this.
  35. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'm getting an issue with the female torso. I'm using the latest version from the asset store.

When female torso is checked everything works fine. When it is unchecked several nullreferenceException errors are generated, but no model.

F_Mage torso slot (bottom) should be replacing the default female torso.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
    Kirbyrawr likes this.
  36. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Thanks justb i will take a look at it and apologies :)
    Oh and btw nice costume!

37. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Fixed! (Insert Claptrap voice here)

I also fixed more weird errors related to the torso :)
    I will update the fix in a while

I also took my time and changed this:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  38. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

39. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks Kirby. Downloaded. Will try it out later.

Kirbyrawr likes this.