Search Unity

Uma Eye Overlays

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by wiseman_2, Feb 5, 2016.

1. wiseman_2

wiseman_2

I started working on overlays for UMA Character eyes yesterday, because I wanted some variation for my game.
    Nothing Special yet,... but figured it was something I wanted. My game has both a sci-fi and fantasy background with lots of creatures/ robots/androids/// so lots of variations are needed. I didn't want to pump out lots of UMA characters and have all their eyes the same.
    here are the first few attempts.... still have to figure out pbr though... if anyone is interested let me know and I'll put these up somewhere after I get them more refined.

first attempt at a red background Cat Eye... think I need to narrow the iris.

Another cat's eye flavor with a few targeting lines

arrow eyes... android variant that reminded me of an old show I saw once

white out... used a rough normal map on this to try for a dried out look... basic zombie look

first try at a red demonoid type of eye

2. wiseman_2

wiseman_2

so I wanted to start on pbr textures for these....
    funny thing... so I started checking into pbr textures.... turns out that substance does them... I happened to buy a license for that a year and a half ago when it was on sale...kept planning on checking it out... but was always too busy working on something...guess what...I think I'll take a look at it...just saw some work done in it, and it's pretty awesome...

3. hopeful

hopeful

Hi there! This is a good idea, but I can't see much eye detail in the shots you've currently got posted.

If you could post pictures that zoom in more on the eyes ... less of the face, more of the eyes ... it would be a big help. In fact, you could even go with just one eye per image (assuming both eyes look the same).

I'm interested in eye variations myself, though I'm in no particular rush at this time. So many other things to do! But I'd be using PBR, for certain.

4. wiseman_2

wiseman_2

I have a few more I did, but at this stage nothing is very detailed... I'm just starting to work on this and get the process flushed out...
    I plan on giving all of the stuff I make to get this figured out away for free....
    if there is much interest in the stuff I do later on, after I have the quality way up...then I might release a package....
    right now I'm concentrating on getting the detail up...so it should be interesting
    My goal is to get at least 75 - 100 variations out...I want each creature type to have a range of a few, and I also want individual androids or robots to have individual eyes by model, or even per individual by personality...(those would be more like novelty contact with images)... and most importantly ... I want everything to look as real as possible...
    so these aren't even close right now

hopeful likes this.
  5. wiseman_2

wiseman_2

a couple more i was messing with... still a long way to go on quality

Basic blackout

black pinpoint on white

red on black