Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

UMA Authentic historical knight packs

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by arteria, Nov 29, 2017.

1. arteria

arteria

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    Jaimi and hopeful like this.
  2. arteria

arteria

3. hopeful

hopeful

IMO, Arteria has a lot of good music. Check it out, there might be something there that fits your game. :)

arteria and TonyLi like this.
  4. Bantichai

Bantichai

Agreed, aside from armor music is another thing that is top notch quality :)

arteria likes this.
  5. TonyLi

TonyLi

Agreed also. There's a large library covering several genres, such as horror, sci-fi, and contemporary, not just medieval fantasy.

arteria likes this.
  6. arteria

arteria

Thank you, appreciate your support

7. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

In UMA, is there an option to change the colour of the crusader cloth to something other than white?

8. arteria

arteria

Yes, you alter the overlay which is attached to each wardrobe recipe
    The ‘recipe’ is the mesh/texture information held in a ‘recipe’ file - look in the wardrobe folder for the tabbard, select the recipe and in the inspector scroll down to the overlay.

9. arteria

arteria

Here you go - see here, in the wardrobe overlay info for the Tabbard - use that to alter the colour

Attached Files:

10. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Cool, thanks. Uma is looking more and more attractive to me. Im going to have to spend some serious time getting to know the system.

Teila likes this.
  11. Bantichai

Bantichai

UMA to me is more or less the way to go. Steve is getting really knowledgeable about the inner workings of UMA, there are some things I didn't consider and he always brings up points that I missed.

12. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

I think I'll need the power tools add on though to save characters to prefabs as thats how my workflow is built.

13. Bantichai

Bantichai

I'm using powertools as well to save them over as prefabs, I don't generate my models in runtime either.

14. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Cool ... thanks. When you create the prefabs, do you then use a tool like simplelod or meshbaker to bake meshes to reduce draw calls?

15. kenamis

kenamis

Uma already does that.

16. arteria

arteria

Raj, that’s the premise of Uma, in that it does all these elements, such as baking textures to an atlas and combining meshes, to optimise draw calls

17. arteria

arteria

Last day of discounts on Uma and all content today

arteria3d.com

18. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

I do not have time to add more costumes to my game, but again I bought something for my Knights.
    Looks great and the price is really very low...

I am still absolutely missing a gandalf-like wizard hat :)

19. runningbird

runningbird

yes we need more wizard, mage type attire Steve!

20. TonyLi

TonyLi

We're working on an entire wizard pack, with male and female outfits.

21. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

You guys doing all fantasy type stuff or are there plans for post apocalyptic stuff and other genres as well? My main focus has always been fantasy but in the last six months I've been kind of playing with a futuristic fantasy / post apo blend thanks to an introduction to Terry Brooks' Shannara Chronicles through the tv series... lol Quite and interesting twist to see our modern day cities overgrown and in various levels of destruction with elves, trolls, and gnomes mucking about... heheh so now I'm working on my original concept along with a futuristic post apocalyptic/post pandemic (havent decided that part of the storyline yet) of the same world. Same races but more modern day weapons, clothing, etc.

I had planned on MCS and already have some of the models if I were to go that route, but while UMA keeps improving it seems MCS is still going backwards with issues. Now there are two great artists working on more medieval/fantasy stuff but I would also need to find the post-apo stuff in order to make the switch back to UMA. I wish I was just able to take the clothes from MCS and toss them on UMA characters. That would make things a lot easier. Easier on my wallet as well. rofl

22. kenamis

kenamis

You could use the MCS models within UMA. You could go two routes. Either convert the MCS clothes to fit the current default uma models, which isn't too bad in 3d modeling programs using freeform deformation tools. I've converted a few art packs for my personal project. Or, the other route would be to use the MCS human models as your races in UMA. You could use blendshapes for customization too instead of bone deformations like currently. But then if you want to use non-mcs clothing with your mcs model you'd need to convert those clothing. Let me know if you want more detail how how to do either of those routes.

hopeful and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  23. Teila

Teila

Shawn, let us know what sort of clothing you want and maybe we can put together a Shawn Pack. :) We are hoping to start a thread soon but had guests for the holidays who ended up staying with us at the last minute. So just getting back to work. We were dragged around, to our pleasure of course, to the beach and other Florida places so no time to sit down at the computer.

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  24. hopeful

hopeful

My point of view on this is that you can develop your game, and then once everything seems to be working fine, go back to UMA and think about what you want your "race" art to be. Then, with that as the foundation, you hop into Blender and start matching whatever slots you have to your selected races.

Your slot art can come from any source, like MCS or Arteria's UMA Medieval. If you happen to be using the stock UMA races, Arteria's slots will transfer directly, but if you are using an alternative race the fitting of a humanoid slot to the bare figure should be pretty easy, since it's all similar human proportions.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you are producing your game solo, you can focus on the rest of it at first, and resolve character art issues at the end. Or, if you want to take advantage of sales on character art, just know that you'll probably be able to fit slotted art fairly easily to whatever your base model is at the end.

Gabriel_SG, Teila and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  25. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Agree on the focus. But not having a clue how to do the stuff in Blender, it is always a nice option to have some ready made stuff out there to purchase - if there is demand for it, of course. With the number of survival and post-apoc games out there I thought this one might be similar to fantasy game character numbers. But maybe not.

I'll let the thread pop back to Steve showing off stuff he is doing. I'm really loving the variety of the different types of armors.

26. Teila

Teila

I agree. That is why most games in alpha have naked characters or characters wearing the same sets of clothing. :) Clothes are polish but if one is using UMA, it is nice to grab the pre-made stuff from the store. It looks much better in screenshots than a naked UMA. :)

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  27. hopeful

hopeful

It's not all that hard to learn to make slots in Blender, especially if you are merely adapting existing slots to a base model. But if you learn it now you will have to relearn it when you are ready to add your full wardrobe. ;)

BackwoodsGaming and Teila like this.
  28. arteria

arteria

Mage/Wizard costume pack will be released in ten days time!

MaliceA4Thought, mtornio, mzr and 2 others like this.
  29. JeffG

JeffG

Mage/Wizard pack? Can't wait.

I am so glad to of found the Arteria3d work. It looks great and has saved me a tremendous amount of time.

Need some farmers now. lol

BackwoodsGaming and runningbird like this.
  30. MaliceA4Thought

MaliceA4Thought

Thought I would add a screenshot from someone who is VERY grateful for the work Steve does and help promote it.

UMA 2.7 character + Arteria3d Templar Knight clothing with ingame Katana using RFPS in 3rd person view.
    Environment.. Gaia + CTS + Enviro + Vegetation Studio + Dialogue Manager + Quest Machine
    HUD Navigation System
    2km x 2km terrain

PC specs i5-4460 @ 3.2 GHz with 16 gig Ram and GTX970 at 1920 x 1080 on Ultra settings with 125FPS in this screenshot.

This is taken from my test zone where things get tried before making it into the main scenes.

Thank you Steve.. great work.
    rfpsuma.jpg

M

PS now we have the base figure for the Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Christ and of the Temple of Solomon can we get the outfit for the Sergeants of the same? :rolleyes:

Jaimi, hopeful and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  31. arteria

arteria

Thank you, means a great deal to me. Your scene looks fantastic too, sounds great too re the other costumes you need too. Will keep you posted!

32. mzr

mzr

Can't wait :)

33. arteria

arteria

Had a few more costumes to release just before the large medieval costume pack, due to delays over Christmas! - The first release is 'The Warrior' a Viking, warrior inspired costume. Again, this works as part of the modular knight pack - so you can swap out armour pieces and customise or can be used on its own.

Pack contains

Pack Contains:

• Helmet
    • Chainmail Hood
    • Shoulder Armour
    • Belt
    • Boots
    • Gloves
    • 6 Slots
    • 6 Overlays
    • 6 Wardrobe Recipes
    Pack can be purchased for just $12.99 today only

Link to Artteria3d store page:
    https://arteria3d.myshopify.com/products/the-warrior-for-uma-2-5-and-above

runningbird, gman, treshold and 4 others like this.
  34. gman

gman

looking good. will there be a female version?

BackwoodsGaming and treshold like this.
  35. arteria

arteria

Yes there will be a female version available soon

mtornio, treshold and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  36. arteria

arteria

Ill release the female version this weekend of the THE WARRIOR. Also, medieval costume pack is now back on track and ill be releasing very very soon. Also, the Roman Soldier is now available on the asset store for those who prefer to purchase there -

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/106456

treshold and gman like this.
  37. arteria

arteria

Female version of THE WARRIOR released!

Pack Contains:

• Helmet
    • Chainmail Hood
    • Shoulder Armour
    • Belt
    • Boots
    • Gloves
    • 6 Slots
    • 6 Overlays
    • 6 Wardrobe Recipes
    • Also includes variant on BaseHuman Race, which includes new slots for Additional Armour items
    Unity 5 Materials

Set up for Unity 5 PBR material system with UMA 2.5

• Albedo
    • Spec/Metal
    • Normal Map
    • A
    Purchase for just $12.99 today only raising to $19.99 from the link below
    https://arteria3d.myshopify.com/products/the-warriorfemale-version-for-uma-2-5-and-above

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    mtornio, Firlefanz73, Jaimi and 3 others like this.
  38. treshold

treshold

Awesome work! looks very detailed :)

arteria likes this.
  39. Jaimi

Jaimi

Looks great, Steve!

arteria likes this.
  40. arteria

arteria

Thank you, glad you like. Lots more releases to follow shortly

runningbird likes this.
  41. arteria

arteria

Got another new release Friday 16th!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    Bantichai and treshold like this.
  42. mk777888999

mk777888999

Steve's work is awesome.
    Textures are detailed even when viewed up close.

arteria likes this.
  43. arteria

arteria

Thank you, I put my heart and soul into my work! Spartan Warrior being released tomorrow too

runningbird and Bantichai like this.
  44. Bantichai

Bantichai

Yep Steve definitely puts everything into his sets, I've been working with him for nearly half a year now and his work just keep on getting better!

hopeful likes this.
  45. arteria

arteria

Thank you, that's kind of you.

46. Kanadaj

Kanadaj

These are some absolutely glorious assets, worth every penny.

arteria likes this.
  47. arteria

arteria

Thank you so much

48. Lurking-Ninja

Lurking-Ninja

Very nice! Too bad, they aren't on the UAS, I would buy them (probably all of them) if they were. :(

49. TonyLi

TonyLi

They're coming soon! Pixel Crushers and Arteria are doing a joint venture to get them onto the Asset Store. But for anyone who wants them right now, you can get them on arteria3d.com.

runningbird and Lurking-Ninja like this.
  50. Bantichai

Bantichai

Initially I was hesitant about not going through the Asset store, but Steve has been managing Arteria3D for over a decade. There is something else I should mention, Arteria3D does a year membership or lifetime membership, if you opt for the lifetime membership you more or less get the ENTIRE Arteria selection at your fingertips, not just the OBM armors but all the other UMA armors, building models and music. The armor alone more or less pays for the membership but Steve continues to consistently release more armor sets and all those armor sets are covered under the membership. In the long run, you end up saving more which is why I chose to directly support Steve :D

runningbird and arteria like this.
unityunity