Search Unity

UMA Animations

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Black-pearl, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Black-pearl

Black-pearl

Hey everyone

I need a little help, I have introduced UMA into my 3rd person game and struggling somewhat with it

I have managed to create the scripting part of it no worries using custom character selection etc all fine. Using my old animation controller i used the Mixamo animations and used play and crossfade etc to blend my animations for everything i needed no problems.

Now because I find UMA's avatar generation awesome and easier to generate my npc I have gone with this but for a week now I have been trying to figure out how animate my avatar. I get the standard Idle and Run anim but I cant figure out how to apply my own anims if possible to the controller.

The only breakthrough i had today was that it asked my to us legacy anims and my avatar turned into goo. Someone please kick me in the right direction would be awesome :)

Thanks in advance

2. ecurtz

ecurtz

You should probably ask in the main UMA thread, but UMA is designed to use Mecanim animators rather than Legacy. You can add your own animations into the state machine , but they need to be humanoid animations.

3. OllyNicholson

OllyNicholson

Unity Technologies