Search Unity

Ultimate Water System - The most depreciated realtime water simulation [Depreciated Support thread]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Moonlit-Games-Studio, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Bartolomeus755

Bartolomeus755

Yeah, Crest looks great. Unfortunately I need the bow and stern wave feature for my project. :(

2. nhf75

nhf75

Hi, Is there any other plugin like UWS? I need realistic waves for my project. Thanks.

3. Flurgle

Flurgle

4. nhf75

nhf75

Thank you for your help @Flurgle. I saw very quickly the scenes and i don't know if Community Ocean have the same reslistic wave created by boat that UWS plugin have, even so your help was very welcome. There is only foam instead wave created by boat. The UWS have wave by displacement. Please see this picture from project of @Bartolomeus755.

Attached Files:

ftejada and Bartolomeus755 like this.
  5. Flurgle

Flurgle

6. digimbyte

digimbyte

I'd like to use this asset, but can no longer buy... Can anyone help me out?

7. Pourya-MDP

Pourya-MDP

Hello Why im not able to see objects from underwater in above the surface??

8. Pourya-MDP

Pourya-MDP

Hey every one if you saw the example videos in first page of this forum ,theres an rain demo video and i wonder how to to the same with UWS?
    (The rain ripples on the surface of UWS)
    Any help will appreciated

9. Flurgle

Flurgle

Looks like the developer of this asset is doing a Kickstarter for an ocean fishing game... o_O

10. ftejada

ftejada

Well hopefully and do not get the money ... because as I do as with this asset will deceive people and probably do not finish it

regards

11. 8bitgoose

8bitgoose

I think they bought the asset off of Playway and then just decided it wasn't worth it.

Ceto and Crest are free and awesome. Just go with either of those options.

Flurgle likes this.
  12. Flurgle

Flurgle

13. Flurgle

Flurgle

@8bitgoose +1 those are great. Also HDRP support coming up as well.

I want to add R.A.M. 2019 by NatureManufacture already has HDRP support, and looks awesome for rivers, lakes, and very basic ocean.

Alverik likes this.
  14. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Ceto is free? When did that happen, and can you please link it? I really wanted to try it out, but it wasn't available at the time.

15. Mauri

Mauri

It's quite confusing... Initially, scrawk depreciated the asset and ceased sales for this reason:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/ceto-scrawks-ocean.323545/page-37#post-2821817

He considered to pass it on to a new publisher, but plans died down quick:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/ceto-scrawks-ocean.323545/page-38#post-2831817

Making it open source also was no option at first:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/ceto-scrawks-ocean.323545/page-37#post-2823199

But as of this year (?), Ceto can be downloaded on GitHub under a MIT license (see here):
    https://github.com/Scrawk/Ceto
    -
    ( I couldn't find any official news from him regarding that - except this comment on an issue:
    https://github.com/Scrawk/Ceto/issues/3#issuecomment-462530955 )

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  16. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Thanks for clarifying, that's pretty neat! I hope that's a more pleasant experience for the author.

17. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Did this ever support single-pass?

18. 8bitgoose

8bitgoose

19. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Is Crest appropriate for mobile VR single pass rendering? I will test myself, thankyou!

20. 8bitgoose

8bitgoose

Check out the discord. I think it works pretty well on newer mobile and pretty sure single pass is supported.

ROBYER1 likes this.
  21. mmaclaurin

mmaclaurin

I use Crest happily on iOS, but not VR. It's quite performant.

22. 8bitgoose

8bitgoose

@ROBYER1 Just got back into it. Works fine with single pass, just not single past instance yet.

23. creat327

creat327

what ios device do you have? i've tried on iphone 5 and it was pretty slow

24. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

I am speaking to the developers currently, there are issues with built-in Unity renderer causing that, however a completely new rewritten shader in UniversalRP using Shader Graph works perfectly fine in a new shader I have written so I am hopefully making the move to UniversalRP (LWRP)

25. Stanchion

Stanchion

iPhone5 is 7 years old and probably doesn't have wide shader support.

26. creat327

creat327

well, considering that the community shader works super fast on iPhone 5 I was hoping for something similar. In any case, I've tried on iPhone 6 and 7 too and the performance was pretty bad. I use iPhone 5 to compare usually because it's similar to a lot of android devices out there performance-wise, so I know if it works nicely there it should work decently on most androids. But even on iPhone 7 is lacking.

Fibonaccov likes this.
  27. 8bitgoose

8bitgoose

@creat327 In the Crest Discord the creator said it is focused on general use and not phones. CETO seems to be the best option for you since Crest is pretty GPU dependent.

28. KyleLeet

KyleLeet

Unfortunately the CETO dev says in this github issue that it is not officially supported on mobile.

https://github.com/Scrawk/Ceto/issues/9

29. Stickeyd

Stickeyd

Hey! Sorry for asking super late, but could you share your fixes to improve perofrmance of UWS with me? Super important for my project

30. Tommily69

Tommily69

Unfortunately UWS is not supported anymore.
    But I still use it in Unity 2019.3.9f1, and (with some restrictions) it works great, and it was the most realistic water system that I found until now.

The Water Projector script is great for adding my own photoralistic foam.
    Harbour120.png

And it is the most photorealistic water system that I found until now.
    Harbour232.png
    Harbour42.png
    Harbour184.png
    Harbour235.png

31. 8bitgoose

8bitgoose

Is this a new asset or did you modify the old one?

32. Tommily69

Tommily69

I use the old asset. I only did some bug fixes when updating to newer Unity versions.

33. Migueljb

Migueljb

Ya when I tried it with 2019 it had some restrictions on the water that wouldnt open up. Were you able to open those up so it works just like it does in 2018? If so please share its still an amazing water that can be for any type of water thats needed pretty much.

ftejada likes this.
  34. derkoi

derkoi

Can you share the bug fixes please?

syscrusher likes this.
  35. Migueljb

Migueljb

Just need the bug fixes nothing else so were not violating any asset store rules. Also wish this dev would jump back onto this water and fix this for 2019 so if your out there reading this please fix it...?

Tommily69 and ftejada like this.
  36. Tommily69

Tommily69

Hmmmm, the problem is that I do not remember what exactly I had changed. With some Unity upgrades I got new errors, and then immediately fixed them or just deleted the lines that caused the error (if it was something that I don't need for my game).

So I could only share the whole asset (my current version) - but I think this is not allowed.

Or … I think this is the better and legal way: you install your version of that asset for the latest Unity version. And then you write here the list of your error messages. And then I will write a description how I had fixed it.

ftejada likes this.
  37. derkoi

derkoi

Thanks. Another way for you is to export the fixed UWS as a package. Import the existing UWS into a new project & then install your fixed package. It will show you all the files that have changed.

38. Migueljb

Migueljb

Awesome guys ill try importing into unity 2019.3.15 see what it comes up with. Also wonder what the rules are for deprecated assets? It's like if there deprecated what are the rules on it then being that unity is treating it like it doesn't exist anymore right. Were the one's that suffer being we purchased this item etc.

ftejada likes this.
  39. Tommily69

Tommily69

No, I think this is not a good idea.

1.) because I think there would be too many differences between the last official version of UWS (that still can be downloaded now), and my current version of UWS. Because I also was cleaning it up a little bit in the last years. Was deleting some files that I dont need. Was changing some graphics and the default settings for the water profiles, and so on.

2.) And I am not sure if YOUR current version is the same that I had at the beginning. Because my version was the first version that I had bought - without any bugfixes from the original developer. I never made an update of UWS, and later made all buxfixes by myself. So I think my current version is based on the first official version of UWS, with some bugfixes that I made myself.

So better try to install your version of UWS on your computer (for the latest Unity version ). And I will try to help you fixing the errors.

40. derkoi

derkoi

OK, I'll install the last version I can download from the asset store.

Tommily69 likes this.
  41. Migueljb

Migueljb

Also there was a site somewhere where you could put in your invoice number to get the hot fixes for 2018 which is the last stuff I have as well. Not sure if that site exists anymore but I have those hot fixes as well. There basically just overide scripts of what you already own no harm in sharing that I guess.

42. 8bitgoose

8bitgoose

I wish this asset was just opening sourced. I believe @zuzzu was the original author of this asset, (playway water) and then sold it to these guys who then depreciated it. Any chance we could get this asset open sourced??

ftejada likes this.
  43. derkoi

derkoi

Hmm, I downloaded the latest version and imported it in to a new empty project in Unity 2019.4.1f1 and aside from a network error (i deleted the script & commented out the error I got on another script) it works fine. I'm sure there were more issues that I remember.

44. Tommily69

Tommily69

Yes, I remember that "network error". I did the same and commented it out. Because it is just for multiplayer games.

Then I remember I had a problem with a shader that I fixed a long time ago. But maybe it works now with Unity 2019.4.1f1?!

I still have another shader errors that I have not fixed until now. But the water looks good even with that error. So I did not fix it until now.
    ShaderError.png

And I still have a problem with the 'Edit' button of the Shader Set.
    This editor does not work anymore.
    EditButton.png

But this is not a big problem. The Shader Set file can also be edited with a text editor (e.g. Notepad).
    And there are not many settings there. The most important parameter in this file is for using Reflection Probes or not. So I made two Shader Set files. One for using Reflection Probes, and one for without using Reflection Probes. So there is no need anymore to use that Edit button.

To be honest, I think the biggest problem, why UWS did not work anymore, have been the latest bugfixes from Github. I think they made it worse and caused problems in later Unity versions. I did not install them, and just used the official version from the Asset Store. And I was able to use UWS all the time without big problems. Just little bug fixes like e.g. that network coding that I commented out. And that shader. And I think there was a little bit more. But I can not remember. Maybe some of these things work now again with Unity 2019.4.1f1?!

45. derkoi

derkoi

The editor is working fine for me also.

46. Tommily69

Tommily69

Okay, then this was just an error from Unity 2019.3.9f1. It was a very strange error and I did not understand why it happened. I will install Unity 2019.4.1f1. Then maybe it will work again. Thanks.

47. syscrusher

syscrusher

Are you familiar with the "diff" command?

48. creat327

creat327

anyone got it working on 2019.4 ?

49. creat327

creat327

it fails badly in 2019.4... so sad i spent so much money on this asset :(

Epimolophant and Zante like this.
  50. Tommily69

Tommily69

No, it works fine in version 2019.4.2f1. See screenshot.
    Just do, what derkoi said: ('I downloaded the latest version and imported it in to a new empty project in Unity 2019.4.1f1 and aside from a network error (i deleted the script & commented out the error I got on another script) it works fine.').

There are only 2 errors in the scripts of UWS. If you dont need to use the water for multiplayer games, you can comment the lines out, and it will work fine.

Harbour255.png

ftejada likes this.