Search Unity

1. We've closed the job boards. If you're looking for work, or looking to hire check out Unity Connect. You can see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2017.3 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate Water System - The most advanced realtime water simulation

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Moonlit-Games-Studio, Sep 7, 2017.

1. MINJU-KANG

MINJU-KANG

I am developing a VR(vive) rollercoaster game
    in the Underwater scenes..(UWS 2.0 b3)
    I want to be seen farther..
    I also want to reduce noise Desktop 2017.12.15 - 21.53.09.01.mp4_20180112_164733.496.jpg .

Is there a solution? plz..

2. blitzvb

blitzvb

For calm water : in term of performance how it compare to aquas ?

Thanks in advance

3. ibbybn

ibbybn

In Shaders/IMEs/Underwater - Base IME.cginc
    Line 81
    change it to something like: depth = LinearEyeDepth(depth*2.5);
    The multiplier let's you see that much further.

4. _alphaBeta_

_alphaBeta_

Can you elaborate on this a bit with an example? I had to step away from my project for a while, but I was looking for a straightforward way to calculate water heights the most efficient way possible. Since I'm transitioning from another system, I'm only after the heights at the moment, and not interested in any of the built-in tracking that UWS has for its buoyancy or physics. With the old system, I was doing all of this myself with just height queries, and picking up here would be easiest for transition. I've got quite a few queries to make every frame since objects not yet near the water are still querying to see if they are.

5. antey3064

antey3064

When will support ScriptableRenderPipeline - HDRenderPipeline?

6. MCPGNZ

MCPGNZ

Hi!

The UWS 2.1.0 is up (as you've probably seen), there is one bug that I've found after the release and I'll create and post a hotfix (so if the dynamic areas are becoming invisible after scene switch - don't panic :))
    Also there were some minor fixes in PlayWay Water, and I'll try to integrate them. between versions.

@Corby-Interactive
    Hi, I'm aware that there are still some problems with VR; this and OpenGL related problems are a priority for me right now.

@Stickeyd
    I'll look into it and get back to you with results. You can add it to the github issues so we can discuss it further there.

@MINJU-KANG
    You can change the underwater visibility by toggling the Custom Underwater Transmission in the Water Profile, and then adjusting the color. The easiest way to reduce the noise is to add dithering (i.e. from Unity Post Processing Stack, available on Asset Store)

@snacktime
    As the threading code is straight for PlayWay, you can probably ask @zuzzu about it.

@antey3064
    I'd love to port the existing code to the ScriptableRenderPipeline, but at this point I cannot guarantee it as it's a big change (and the decisions about how we proceed with UWS development are not mine - i'm just responsible for the coding side)

7. ftejada

ftejada

Hi @MCPGNZ

I understand what you're saying. And obviously it seems a lot of video memory. But in the medium term, maybe not so much.
    Currently in UWS there is no wave solution breaking on the shore.

Maybe I do not do something like in the videos I post (although I think that a similar quality should be the goal to be achieved), but why not something that is of less quality ... Currently there is nothing, so I guess as a beginning You could prepare something decent in performance and simulate the waves breaking on the shore.

I leave several videos for examples, even some of Unity:
    https://youtu.be/_sFCPfc7mDU

https://youtu.be/HBgbIJpuY0I

I hope it helps ...
    regards

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018 at 7:43 PM
  8. arisvang

arisvang

The water does not render when I try to build my project. I've set the color space to linear, and deleted the d3d9 from the graphics API (unchecked automatic API and removed d3d9 leaving only d3d11 on the list).

Any other settings I have to configure?
    Thanks in advance.

9. arisvang

arisvang

Also, mind explaining how to blend between profiles in runtime. I've tried animating the sliders, but the water doesn't update with the change.
    I also tried to access the _weights through scripts, but the variables are private. How am I supposed to change them through code then?
    Again, thanks.

10. Corby-Interactive

Corby-Interactive

@MCPGNZ Thanks for the reply! Please be as quick as you can. My app is ready to be published but I can't make a build. I reallly need that fix or I will get no money.

11. MINJU-KANG

MINJU-KANG

in the underwater scene..
    my ui button.. does not look right.
    i try..increase..canvas's "Order in layer" and attach "render priority" component
    but It does not work
    Is there a solution?

[Water Off]
    water_off1.jpg
    [Water On]
    water_on1.jpg